the fruit of death.....

Guest darkjizzle806

Guest Sapphires

I never understand why people say durian stinks. I find the smell to be quite pleasant and sweet. I really like durian popsicles, but maybe that's just me.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, i knew this thread was going to talk about the Durian fruit! The mighty food traveler Andrew Zimmerman tried to eat Durian fruit twice in his visits to Thailand, but couldn't. The smell got to him and he almost up checked. I can't stomach it, since I have a high sense of smell. My mom eats it a lot. I just hate it sometimes when I smell it the kitchen. >.> I'm glad the neighbors don't smell it... (theyre southerners, and have never smelled Asian stuff before xD )

Guest Rika342

Durian is really yummy and sweet! I've never paid much attention to the smell until someone brings it up. I've tried durian wafer, candy, and mooncake. I think the smell is the main issue... like eating durian wafers at a mall.. haha I've done it.

Guest JOONIE.su

I never really understood why people hated durian so much.

Or maybe because I'm Thai, I just grew up eating it all the time as a kid.

I used to hate durian - the smell, the taste, the texture.. But one day it stopped smelling so bad and I decided to give it one more try, and BAM. I fell in love. Now I eat it whenever my dad buys it and I can't seem to get enough of it. 

Guest mokimoka

It's my favorite fruit :w00t: the smell is like heaven *yumm* and the taste is... just 3 words to describe........TO DIE FOR >:D

Guest ParkSun*

The taste is just amazing and ok even if he doesn't smell all that good I mean there are things that smell way worst than durian so don't complain =P

Guest sindee

durian taste really good when you put it in the fridge xD its like eating ice cream lols. by the way has anyone tried durian pancake? I saw some pictures online and it looks good!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest monkeyshinobi

Durian smells horrible but surprisingly tastes really good! :D I'd say give it a chance, but don't smell it I guess. 

Also Durian chips are really good and they don't smell! 

Guest ArisuLoli

my mom eats it all the time, but i've never tried it since the smell scared me and it was so mushy-looking = w=

but i do love the ice cream :P

• 7 months later...
Guest juwiee

atm im obsessed with durian milk shake at my local vietnamese noodle house >.< its probs got so much sweetner but omg i cant get enough i love durian!!

Guest xFloOwuffBB

When I was a little girl my mom bought different flavored wafer crackers from Asia. Having the appetite of the beast I ate all flavors, down to the very last box. Haven't ever knowing what a Durian, I opened the box.
One whiff of those wafers.
I just closed the cabinet and never looked to it again.

Guest rosebanks123

SUPERJUNIOR said: EAT IT MAN!!!JUST DONT SMELL IT! its so good and its just smells but it doesnt mean its not good...
>.<i love durians , they are so good!^__^
and i think that girl is allergic to durians or something...image

Archived