the fruit of death.....

Guest darkjizzle806

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest makdongietaemin

I actually love eating Durian. here in the Philippines, there are a lot of Durian products, like Durian candies, Durian Tarts etc. I don't like the smell, but it's so delicious! :)

Guest gippyla

I was thinking why not try something different today. The fruit of death, Durian. After seeing a girl puke from just putting it in her mouth, plus the smell, I'm a little freaked out. She said it tasted like rotten, mushy onions. I'm like WTF, how can you consider this a fruit. So, was her reaction just one in a million or is it really that nasty. I honestly can't see myself eating this. I mean she puked, you could her gag as she was throwing up.

So, what's up?

Should I give it a chance? Yes, No, Maybe So.

Grew up with Durian and it's pretty good. sooooooooo sweet but then again it can be an acquired taste. most people either really like or hate it. Lol, doesnt taste like onions either, much nicer than that but eat it cold as well. tastes better than at room temperature.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lovelyjinny

I tried it this year and to be honest I didn't quite like it.

For me the smell is so strong it can be unpleasant and well the taste is very odd for me.

But I think you can only now once you try it. There is lots of people who love it. 

Guest Rainie Yu

I would try it but i keep hearing lots of people say they stinky like throwup >_<!!

Hehe are they like avocados :D? I can't really taste avocados so i keep eating it trying to figure out the taste..then people told me it was for texture so i was like "oh..."

It definitely doesn't taste like an onion :mellow:

I think it's the smell that attracts people to eat it? I find its smell the appetizing one

I don't find it disgusting but I don't like it that much, I don't really like how it's so mushy and has a strong taste

Guest PUNKYjunk

I find it weird that people think it smells bad since I can't smell it at all.

Well I can smell it, but it just smells like fresh fruit to me. @_@;

I eat it whenever my dad decides to buy it. It tastes good.

I love it frozen! It's like a popsicle!

Storytime!

My mom hates durian, but when she was pregnant with me, she ate it a lot.

She blames me because supposedly I liked it (even in the womb) and made her have the cravings.

Guest bakkabakka

Lol! It might fits to some people. I myself used to eat durians, but now, I don't like them. 

You still have the smell of it in your hands for like 2/3 days even you wash it @_@ ugh

Guest selinaym

I love the title, it literally is the fruit of death i.e. smell and dangerous husk. I don't mind it, I hate the process of eating it though - so messy blaaah.

The smell is intense! How can some people not smell that? Yea, well I tried it once because people kept telling me to try it but I ended up spitting it back out (ALMOST puked) and my eyes were watering like crazy. Now, I just stay away from durian and if my family eats it, I lock them in that one room and wont let them out until they're done. lol

Archived