[2012 KBS Sitcom] Shut Up Family (닥치고 패밀리)

Guest weetziebat

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest weetziebat

semi-fly said:

I was referring to the bicycle scene and the follow up sleep scene between Ai & Ji Yoon. I always liken scenes like that with romance (specifically the sleep scene) and/or trust (allowing someone to teach you but specifically how to ride a bike since you normally have a parent, aunt/uncle. grandmother/grandfather doing that type of thing rather some "random" person).

As for Hee Bong I honestly find it odd that she is smitten by Ai over an act of kindness, I guess it goes to her personality and/or her general experience with others but in reality for me they have barely spent any time together outside what I've specified so her actions just struck as a tad bizarre.

I'm watching What The Heck Is A Mom? as well. I can't really say much about it as we're still but 3 episodes in. What I will say is I wasn't too fond of yesterday's episode (3) but did like episode 2 if only because it felt more like a solid episode instead of a kind of hopscotch episode that 1 & 3 were (IMO).

Guest weetziebat

@Semi-fly I have to admit that I'm relieved that the scriptwriters finally decided to move things along with Ji Yoon and Al. I think they had some really sweet moments together in today's episode. My favorite scene is the bicycle scene though, if only because I love the background music, lol. I just wish that we could see more sides of Al. He's always cheerful and nice, but strangely enough, I don't feel really attached to him. I guess I'd like to see more sides of him~~

I predict that we'll see a different, more serious side of Al when he realizes that Ji Yoon likes Ji Ho. I have a feeling that he will be a noble idiot, and hide his feelings from her, and try to help her win Ji Ho and stuff. I already feel bad for him :( I actually found the omelet scene in one of the previous episodes to be really sad (the biggest omelet was transferred from Hee Bong --> Al --> Ji Yoon --> Ji Ho --> Hee Bong again). It's funny how I already feel bad for Al and Ji Ho's unrequited love, but don't feel so bad about Ji Yoon and Hee Bong's unrequited love. I guess it's because I know that both girls are in love with wrong person ^^

Okay, I'm saying it again... I love this sitcom!
I tried to watch Standby but didn't like it much so Shut up Family is my first Korean sitcom.
It pulled me in from the very first episode, how opposite the 2 families were.  
I wish I can catch up soon.

i absolutely adore heebong -- she's seriously the heart of the sitcom, and mad props to park heebon for not giving a damn about her appearance for her role. we all know a make-over will inevitably occur in the future, but i hope it's not until towards the end because i will dearly miss the frizzy-haired, bespectacled yeol heebong. also, i hope shinhye is the one to help her with her transformation. that would be such a sweet mother-daughter bonding event.

i agree that we haven't gotten many jiho-heebong scenes lately. i also love al (unfortunately, i can't say the same for jiyoon...), so i'm hoping for many jiho-heebong-al storylines!

btw, heebong's drunk crying scene in ep. 45 was so heartbreaking. i never knew park heebon was such a good actress. i loved her lines in that scene.

Archived