About * Bras *

Guest pekkles

Guest merongyie

I've been on a mission lately to find out my true, correct bra size.. I'm sick of my bras just not feeling right. I never cared before, but I do now.
Can someone look at this chart and see if the size they find on the chart seems reasonable? I've been wearing a 32A ever since I started wearing bras, but according to this chart, I am a 28B. My measurements are 28.5" for my underbust and 30.5" for overbust. I've measured myself over and over again and visited countless bra calculators / sites, many of which have given me 32C or 30D as my size - which I know is NOT right. I've got small boobs.. but 28B sounds like it could be right.
This chart is the only thing I've found online that gives me a size that seems reasonable. Can someone else try and see if they think it's reliable? 'cause if so, I'm ready to start buying 28B bras online right away.. (unless someone knows a store that sells 28B, personally, I've never ever seen this size in-store ><;)
http://www.sktc.net/~christiansen/Glitz/Web%20Page%20Deign/Glitz_Body%20measurements_SKTC.htm

Guest gazetto

Need some help ladies :/ 
I am a 34A, but would like my bust to look more smaller / chest looking more flat. 
Never really liked large chests. And I hate padded / push-ups with a passion. 
I don't think it looks well with the clothing style I'm into. I'm more into the waifish hipster look -- which I constantly get the 'look' from my friends when I tell them.
I use the Vogue Petite Lightly Contoured bras which are probably the best subtle ones I've tried. There isn't a lot of padding and the coverage is great .. but the only thing is there's not enough support to keep me from a slouching posture (slightly). 
I want the support of say, a sports bra, but with enough padding as per the Vogue bra above. I live in Toronto Canada but haven't been able to find a store without padding! Recently I tried purchasing a Barely There custom Flex bra but it failed miserably since there was no padding / poor coverage. 
Quite the dilemma I'm in. Is there a more appropriate thread I can put this post in? 

Guest alisonwonderland

It took me FOREVER to realize that different band sizes have the same cup size:

Same cups and cradle

30A

32AA

34AAA

Same cups and cradle

30B

32A

34AA

Same cups and cradle

30C

32B

34A

36AA

Same cups and cradle

30D

32C

34B

36A

Same cups and cradle

30E

32D

34C

36B

38A

Same cups and cradle

30F

32E

34D

36C

38B

40A

Same cups and cradle

30G

32F

34E

36D

38C

40B

Same cups and cradle

30H

32G

34F

36E

38D

40C

Same cups and cradle

30J

32H

34G

36F

38E

40D

Same cups and cradle

32J

34H

36G

38F

40E

I've always wondered why I fit perfectly in two different sizes lol, now it finally makes sense :P. So ladies, if the bust fits but the band is too loose, get a bigger cup and a smaller band. 
@gazetto hmm maybe try a wireless cotton bra like this: http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/cotton-lingerie/wireless-bra-cotton-lingerie?ProductID=76927&CatalogueType=OLS it doesn't have wires so it'll be more comfortable, have less of a push-up effect, etc. So they're basically a sports bra except not. I personally don't like bras that have no padding, because sometimes people see things they shouldn't see, if you get what I mean lol.

• 2 months later...
Guest pekkles

gazetto said: Need some help ladies :/ 
I am a 34A, but would like my bust to look more smaller / chest looking more flat. 
I don't think it looks well with the clothing style I'm into. I'm more into the waifish hipster look -- which I constantly get the 'look' from my friends when I tell them.
I use the Vogue Petite Lightly Contoured bras which are probably the best subtle ones I've tried. There isn't a lot of padding and the coverage is great .. but the only thing is there's not enough support to keep me from a slouching posture (slightly). 
I want the support of say, a sports bra, but with enough padding as per the Vogue bra above. I live in Toronto Canada but haven't been able to find a store without padding! Recently I tried purchasing a Barely There custom Flex bra but it failed miserably since there was no padding / poor coverage. 
Quite the dilemma I'm in. Is there a more appropriate thread I can put this post in? 

Guest gazetto

pekkles said: gazetto said: Need some help ladies :/ 

I'll start and check my bras, but when I'm near my periods and during my period I have high water retention, my breast are bigger so I must have larger bra size for that moment of the month lol...
Out of the subject, my whole body gets larger even my pants becomes very tight !!

merongyie said: I've been on a mission lately to find out my true, correct bra size.. I'm sick of my bras just not feeling right. I never cared before, but I do now.
Can someone look at this chart and see if the size they find on the chart seems reasonable? I've been wearing a 32A ever since I started wearing bras, but according to this chart, I am a 28B. My measurements are 28.5" for my underbust and 30.5" for overbust. I've measured myself over and over again and visited countless bra calculators / sites, many of which have given me 32C or 30D as my size - which I know is NOT right. I've got small boobs.. but 28B sounds like it could be right.
This chart is the only thing I've found online that gives me a size that seems reasonable. Can someone else try and see if they think it's reliable? 'cause if so, I'm ready to start buying 28B bras online right away.. (unless someone knows a store that sells 28B, personally, I've never ever seen this size in-store ><;)
http://www.sktc.net/~christiansen/Glitz/Web%20Page%20Deign/Glitz_Body%20measurements_SKTC.htm

kaboom said: I love the internet, it's so useful.

Anyways a couple years back, I really like this bra but they didn't have the size I usually wore which was 34A. The sales associate from a lingerie store suggested 38A, saying they're practically the same but the band for 38A is a little longer and looser but should still fit me. WRONG WRONG WRONG. It was huge! Over the years, I tried many different sizes and came to the conclusion that 32B fit me the best. Today I alternate between 34A and 32B (whichever is available).

Archived