[WYSIWYG editor] Posting improvements! / missing Reaction points restored!

soomp

Hello friends!
Some loooong overdue posting improvements are finally here!
The following changes have been made:
1. Image tags now work [ img]2. Spoiler tags around images and videos now work [ spoiler]3. You can link an image to a URL without having to add the extra space (just select the image, and click the LINK button)4. Quote author shows up in the editor.5. Image and link dropdowns don't have "http://" text (so you can just paste in your link instead of having to select the "http://)
Hope this improves your posting experience.
Another thing is that somehow all the Reactions points got reset yesterday(?). We are trying to figure out how to restore them (x_x). [edit] phew! they're back 
Farmer Ceej says thanks for your patience.
tumblr_m68iqu964F1qz9cjyo1_500.jpg
-soomp

Guest loveless598

am i the only one who didn't know that things got changed before? cuz if i am, thats lonely :/...............but thanks anyways for the updates! :D

Guest bakane18

Yes, everything is back to normal. Thanks guys. :)

Now.

For that LONE UNWARRANTED spam point that I got that was uncalled for by some other user. Can't you reset that to zero?

;)

Again, thank you guys for the hard work.

:)

great--thanks for working on that stuff--I didn't realize there was a glitch with the editing (which I couldnt do at all) until I couldn't quote right-just thought that was the way it was going to be.  have to check the faq's, because I don't see a quote icon, and when I did

this
, it didn't work. lol

=p

soomp--can you tell me what that beautiful purple stuff is in the back? Your son has gotten so tall. ^^

Guest HERMIT

Now, if only we could get our total points to actually equal the amount of combined reaction points we have.    :-\"
As it stands none of our points transferred from the old forum site are included in the current tally - only the points earned since the new forum started.

Guest Daniela ツ

@soompPlease help,I really really want to have more badges.On my profile,I see I have 5 insghtful points.However,I have no badge for those 5 reactions.[Am I the only "unlucky" one?]

Guest fashionista.

I'd just like to address the error on links particularly the fanfic links and their chapters..But THANK YOU SO MUCH for having the spoilers fixed xDD

@fashionista. - can you give me an example of a fanfic where the chapter links don't work? I had thought those were all fixed ^^;
@hermit - I'll look into the whole points vs. reaction score thing. We actually did transfer people's reputation scores and had them added to the "Awesome" bucket, though they never got added to the actual posts... I'm not sure what the points are supposed to reflect, since it doesn't seem to match anything in particular
daniela - not sure why you didn't get your "Insightful" badge, but I tried giving you an "Insightful", and it must have triggered something, so now you have the badge :)
-- sorry we don't have

available, just the "Quote" button at the bottom of each post - eventually, the quoting is supposed to work so that you actually get notified when someone quotes you (like a @mention), so they didn't want to mess with making it into bbcode quite yet.
@Mannosuke - we also don't have "preview" yet... just get it right the first time? (i kid, i kid). Baby steps... hehe
Thanks for all your feedback everyone, and your continued patience (^_^)v

Guest HERMIT

@hermit - I'll look into the whole points vs. reaction score thing. We actually did transfer people's reputation scores and had them added to the "Awesome" bucket, though they never got added to the actual posts... I'm not sure what the points are supposed to reflect, since it doesn't seem to match anything in particular

apqaria said: Hi @soomp
I think there is a problem in embed YT videos. When I write the html embedded link it don't show after I save comment although I can see it visible when editing!!! Hi there! you don't have to use the embed link for youtube - just put the actual url, and it will automatically become embedded.
@HERMIT - thanks for your hardcore analysis! The Vanilla guys figured as much, and have put it on their to-do list to add old points into the total :DYou shall be victorious!!!
Also, they will be adding a working "post preview" as well as allowing the use of the

bbcode as well in the next couple weeks - woooooot!
-s

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest zephyroy

soomp said: Hello friends!
Some loooong overdue posting improvements are finally here!
The following changes have been made:
1. Image tags now work [ img]2. Spoiler tags around images and videos now work [ spoiler]3. You can link an image to a URL without having to add the extra space (just select the image, and click the LINK button)4. Quote author shows up in the editor.5. Image and link dropdowns don't have "http://" text (so you can just paste in your link instead of having to select the "http://)
Hope this improves your posting experience.
Another thing is that somehow all the Reactions points got reset yesterday(?). We are trying to figure out how to restore them (x_x). [edit] phew! they're back 
Farmer Ceej says thanks for your patience.
tumblr_m68iqu964F1qz9cjyo1_500.jpg
-soomp

Archived