Thanks Jen and Luvangel for the pix and video!!

So its true there is a shower scene! ha!

Congrats to all the Singapore/Malaysia fans who got to see him in person! Have he charmed the socks off you guys yet? hahahha

Guest Jill4675

I really like the way his hair looks in the Malaysia videos...I can see that the hairdresser puts that can of Elnett to good use!!! happy0158.gif

I'm still laughing at the pics posted by Manager Kwon with the hairspray can on the table!!! pointandlaugh.gif

Haven't finished watching all the vids yet...thanks again to LuvAngel for posting them... thankyou.gif

qwenli: Yes, I'm sure the socks are gone...totally charmed off!!! muahaha.gif

Edit: Now I've watched all the video. What a pity that the Korean-English interpreter was SO BAD! :angry: Her English was awful. 28133.gif She could barely translate anything he said into anything resembling English and much of what she did say was unfinished...she just trailed off into silence, shrugged, and smiled. His people need to make sure he's got better interpreters! And that lady needs to find another job! <_<

Seriously, only Korean speakers would have understood what he was saying!!! duh.gif

He was looking great, however!

sunglasses2.gif

Press article from Singapore's chinese paper:

article scan courtesy of Hanxing Liuyu

55798559201101191005278565011991977_000.jpg

Translation:

Title: Elegance even in rejection

Reporter: Luo Zheng Lin

The first time I interview Jang Hyuk was 3 year ago. During that time Hyuk came to Singapore to act with Fan Woon Fong for the move The Dance of the Dragon. He left a good impression. Back then, Jang Hyuk's English was no good but still tried his best to listen to the reporter's questions and will try to answer in some English. In the process, he will regularly maintain eye contact with the reporter to keep up the interaction. His attitude was sincere and polite.

3 years later, interviewing him again, this time he came to promote the drama Midas, my impression of him got even better. He walked into the interview room in a dark blue suit, very charming. He greeted the media by nodding his head, once he saw us in the interview room. A pair of lively dark brown eyes, glowing skin added to his charm.

Jang Hyuk is invited by SPE networks Asia (SPENA) to Singapore to promote Midas. This show will be screened on SPENA in the first half of the year on their One Channel, however the broadcast date is not fix yet. This channel will bring to the local audience exciting shows from Korea's SBS TV station.

Subhead: Winning is being lucky

Jang Hyuk as per 3 years ago, will listen to the reporter's questions in English earnestly and will try to anwer in English himself. Unless he find that he could not express himself, then he will use the interpreter.

Jang Hyuk's English has improved alot. When he was asked if he has plans to enter Hollywood. He replied with three NO and humbly said " My English is not very good, maybe someday"

He just won the highest acting award with his performance in Chuno at the KBS acting awards, his confidence should have increased by alot? He humbly said" winning this award actually give me pressure, because alot of people actually acted better than me, I am just luckier"

Jang Hyuk's shows in the recent years include "Thank You", " Tazza" and "The Slave hunters", they all have good ratings and good quality. When asked about how he select scripts, he said " Most importantly, the character must be attractive to me, every character has a level of difficulty but there must be the courage to try".

In the Slave Hunters (Chuno), he had many scenes when he bare his upper body showing off his abs. The korean media recently reported that many male korean actors will show off their bodies in the dramas. Usually it is within the first 3 abs, there will be some reason for them to show their bodies.

With regards to the trend of male actors showing off their abs, Hyuk was nonchalant and said that it is similar to kiss scenes and said that usually it is because the story needs it. Just like in Chuno, my abs is like my clothes/costume.

When asked to rate his body, he said "Its not bad."

Subhead: Politely declining to answer personal questions

Korean artistes are usually very sensitive when it comes to questions about relationships, doesnt want to discuss them. Hyuk is no different. However unlike other artiste who may turn a black face or have managers that jump to their defense, Hyuk was calm and his attitude was also very elegant.

One reporter asked how has life changed after being a father, he said "As an actor, there is no change, but in private, yes there are, I have a broader perspective of life"

Another reporter wanted to verify if he has two kids, he said it is two sons but when asked about how he spend time with them, he politely said through the interpreter " I am sorry, I do not want to talk about my personal life"

------------END-------------------------

In another article, he mentioned that the thing he missed most in Singapore is Tiger beer. It can not be found in Korea, this time round, during his flight he managed to drink it. :)

The reporter commented that although he like to drink beer but he has no beer belly but on the contrary has a great figure with well define abs.

The report also mentioned that Cheryl Yang (his costar in Fall in love with the anchor beauty) said that Hyuk's crying scenes are superb and touching. She was rather ashamed, so what is the secret to Hyuk's interpretation of crying scenes?

He elaborated his great love of acting, explaining in details about the effort he spent in he creating each character and then said " I love crying scenes the best".

In real life, Hyuk with his zestful eyes told the reporter that " I am not a man who cry easily".

-----------------END---------------------

Jill: You always crack me up. The interpreter was awful for sure. I think the Malaysian fans probably understood what Hyuk said in Korean without her help. Our poor Hyukie, he must have memorized his greeting very hard to his fans and couldn't wait to say it out loud to them, but the MC Serena didn't give him the chance.

After a couple times of watching and rewatching the vid, Hyuk said " I'm glad to meet you. And thank you for coming and everyone. I'm happy I'm guest here. So........

I uploaded pics of Hyuk shooting Midas on 01/15/11 in my picasa.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hahatkhyuk/Midas?feat=directlink

55917056201101191221471527879985207_009.jpg

I also posted some pics on the Midas thread.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/354842-drama-2011-feb-21-2011-midas-%EB%A7%88%EC%9D%B4%EB%8D%94%EC%8A%A4/page__st__80#entry16844444

credit: amy0211

source: http://www.krdrama.c...384490-3-1.html

Guest dairykhang

Thanks all for pics and clips :D

He looks so cool with that hair ^^

I just want to be in Sing and Malay :((.......Hix, guess he'll never come to Vietnam....

I could be there if my exams didn't make me so crazy ........Sad...

Anybody know when will he leave Sing?

Hope he'll come back soon......

Dairyhang: Hyuk should be back to Korea already on the 19 th if his tour plan did not change. Don't think he had time to do any shooting of Midas in Singapore or Malaysia B)

Thanks qwenli and Jen for the news. The contents of the 2 articles are more or less the same. They look like part of the promotional tour package.

Midas poster shooting is scheduled on Jan 20, this Thur. You can check the poster concepts and shooting location out fr. the Midas thread I posted there.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/354842-drama-2011-feb-21-2011-midas-%EB%A7%88%EC%9D%B4%EB%8D%94%EC%8A%A4/page__st__80__gopid__16845817#entry16845817

Guest Jill4675

hahatk, thanks as always for your OUTSTANDING Picasa collection!!! :)

qwenli, yes, I just came to the thread and immediately noticed your translation! Thanks so much...we can get more out of that than from the fan meeting/promotion vid...! ;)

I think anyone going to a fan meeting or other event should carry a can of: th_elnet-satin-744386.jpg :rolleyes:

She can say she is part of the hair and makeup team! :lol:

Belated welcome to all our newest visitors: welcome-0005a.gif It's great to see more activity here! :D

Everyone (especially our loyal regulars): I really appreciate all your contributions! Thanks so much for keeping our little thread moving along! thankyou.gifyou-rock.gif

sunglasses2.gif

i just met him~

so here goes for you~

i was lucky to be on stage with him too ^^

can read my FA on my blog too ^^

Thank you!!! OMG! I squealed when I saw the Midas related vid..gosssh no we have some idea on how Hyuk will look like in there.

Yup, I went :P wanting to see how he looks like in person :lol:

Its an exciting experience. Because there's not many people, so its pretty easy to see him at a really close distance. I know I'm being greedy, sure wish he took his sunglasses. Too bad I didn't manage to take any photos :sweatingbullets:

Some pics in Singapore

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/jyuria_7/32421111.html

http://www.sgkwave.com/forums/topic/5466-post-event-spe-networks-asia-brings-korean-star-jang-hyuk-on-midas-promotional-tour-photo-gallery/#entry43183

Looks like its a promotional trip after all. Read from Zoi's blog that hes in Malaysia doing the promo on Midas at 7+ just now.

Been eyeing the papers & news on tv, hmm, no news so far. Are they going to reserve the news coverage until Midas is aired in Feb I wonder...

Thanks jen dear!

Watching the clips now..

lol..so true that most of Hyuk's dramas are shot in the middle of Winter. He is used to it by now, I guess? lol

Amd whooooooo Hyukie singing in the drama? :lol: Daebak!!!

Awww Min Jung and Hyukie...they will make such a cute pair in Midas for sure.....

will be back with more comments..off to watch the vids now!

and yes the translator is baaaaadddddddddddd

qwenli: thanks for the translation

and as always miss hahatk thanks for the piccies.

Jill: hahahaha..well..you can carry the hairspray...I'll be the jacket girl..carrying Hyuk's Eider jacket :lol:

So anyway..looks like we'll get that shower scene early enough..1st episode. They sure aren't shy about promoting those choco abs. hahahha.

BTW guys...Is Hyuk rumored to be in another movie?? Someone posted in DC MBC that Hyuk will be doing 2 dramas and 2 movies this year. The dramas we know (Midas and Deep Rooted Tree)...but I only know 'The client'..which other movie is he rumored to be in? :blink:

a0069311_4d358a77b86fc.jpg

and more pics

http://gall.dcinside.com/janghyuk/35726

Guest jen2010

Sentimental Jang Hyuk reveals bits of his love story with wife

By MaryAnn Soh

SINGAPORE - Decked out in a spanking smart grey suit with suave hair and neatly-groomed brows, who would have thought cool guy Jang Hyuk had a sentimental side to him?

Famous for his performances in Windstruck, The Slave Hunters (Chuno) and Dance with The Dragon, the Korean heartthrob was recently in town to promote his latest TV series, Midas.

In an interview with the media, the 35-year-old revealed bits of his love story with wife, Kim Yeo Jin, 37, and proclaimed that she was the most romantic person he has ever met in his life.

Spoken as if it were from a scene of a Korean movie, Jang told of how she waited for him for two years while he was drafted for military service.

Jang said in English: “When I had to go for national service, I couldn’t be responsible to my wife (then-girlfriend). But I wanted to marry her, so I told her that if you wait for me for two years, I will marry you. And my wife waited, so I married her.

“That is very romantic to me.”

The long-time lovers were dating for six years before they tied the knot in 2008.

Playing the sad role

In Jang’s new TV drama, Midas, he plays Dohyun, a bright but unambitious lawyer who is driven to seek the high life by his mentor. As Dohyun gets drawn into the intrigues of the world of finance and powerful conglomerates in Korea, he questions his ethics and struggles to re-discover his humanity.

The Korean production, which is into its first two weeks of filming, will be among the first shows that will be made available on ONE, a new channel that will be launched by SPE Networks on cable television in the first half of 2011.

When asked if he prefers playing the role of the good or bad guy, Jang’s reply was an initial shocker. He said it didn’t matter the type of character he played, as long as the portrayal was a sad one.

Jang, who has a penchant for out-of-ordinary roles, revealed that beyond his steely exterior was someone who wanted to express himself through emotions.

He explained: “I am very hard on the inside because I endure through dreams and desires. I couldn't cry in my life, but I want to cry, so I cry through my roles.”

Never wanted to act

Most recently, Jang won the highest accolade of the KBS Drama Awards, the Grand Prize, for his role in The Slave Hunters (Chuno), but the actor remains humble about his achievement.

When asked if he has improved in acting, he said with the help of an English translator: “No, don’t think [i’m] a successful actor.

“[i still feel] there is space for more improvement.”

Surprisingly, the A-lister revealed that acting was not his first career choice.

Jang told the media that his move into acting was only a result of circumstance and that he really wanted to be a sports teacher.

“I wanted to be teacher, but my dream changed because I couldn't be one. I started acting because I had to go University and selected the acting course."

He added: “Overtime, I changed through my experience in acting, [influence of] crew mates and other actors."

The actor also said he derives his greatest happiness through the expression of acting and the diverse roles he plays in various productions.

Now, without a doubt he says with conviction: “My dream is just to live as an actor all my life.”

So Singaporean K-drama fans, you can expect a 101% performance from the actor in Midas.

Watch Midas on the new ONE channel which will be launched in first half of 2011. More details to follow.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20110119-259130.html

Pics available here http://www.asiaone.com/static/multimedia/gallery/110119_hyuk/

Ahh, when would the dream of seeing him in a comedy ever come true :tears:

Guest Jill4675

thankyou.gif Thanks so much, Jen, for the article! That was a pleasure to read and interesting! :) Lucky Mrs. Kim!!! :wub::sweatingbullets:

o-cha, I know you will track down the info on the rumored second movie!!! I trust your investigative powers! :rolleyes::lol:

sunglasses2.gif

Thanks Jen for the news. I thought the Singapore press said Hyuk's not answering any personal questions :vicx: Anyway, we all know how a devoted husband and father Hyuk is.

BTW guys...Is Hyuk rumored to be in another movie?? Someone posted in DC MBC that Hyuk will be doing 2 dramas and 2 movies this year. The dramas we know (Midas and Deep Rooted Tree)...but I only know 'The client'..which other movie is he rumored to be in?

o-cha: There's an article in the King Joy Vision saying there's a movie still planning for Hyuk to be shot in the 2nd half year. The genre of the movie is about sport. I'm wondering if this is the movie King Joy hinted earlier that Hyuk would do in China :unsure: 'Planning a movie' is very uncertain so you can consider it's rumor. I can accept Hyuk in a Chinese movie only if he's the main lead but no more Cdrama fury.gif

source: http://www.janghyuk.com.cn/?snew/n1/i195

jen: thanks for the article. It's a good read. Hyuk can cry in so many ways...he can be a teacher in teaching other actors how to cry :lol:. Interesting how he likes sad roles....but gosh I'm still waiting for the return of comedic Hyuk though.

hahatk: Ahhh..so it's a Chinese movie then. Hmm doubtful he'll have the time though. Unless he plans to squeeze a movie in between Midas and Deep Rooted Tree..but that'll be crazy!

Just wanna share pics of Jang Hyuk's recent visit to KL, Malaysia.

I attended all his events (FM & PC) and sent him off at airport too. Some pics at airport:

He posed for us hehe

P1060701.jpg

He waved at us...cute!!

P1060702.jpg

He came to us and chatted. He is so cool.

P1060711.jpg

Enjoyyyy!!! Pls do not hotlink and above pics credit to me...thanks!!