♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Some news for new HJW movie Risking Life For Love

HJW - mystey writer ,

2015082802285_0_99_20150828173905.jpg?ty

Ha Ji Won "it's a lovely mysterious movie role, the role is very interesting/fun" mystery writer?...can't wait! cr. ladykate and  http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=023&aid=0003036822

CJM - police man ,  http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2015082816263801653

CB - serial criminal ??? 

HJW at Inchon Airport today 

201508281949052010_1.jpg

http://joongang.joins.com/article/750/18546750.html?cloc=joongang|ext|googlenews

Edited by andra30
  • Like 1

Guest dawnshine

@andra30 Chingu, I watched some of her variety shows before fangirling her. So I think it's really fair for us to say she's fun to watch...she's just good in captivating audiences' eyes, don't you think? I really enjoy seeing how she has good chemistry with others working with her in dramas, movies and even in variety shows....wait even her chemistry with reporters or hosts in interviews were good too, making viewers feel joy by just starring at the screen. No, I'm not being bias, just being honest here :D 

Another batch of SSTV photos (personally, I loved all the SSTV photos)

67aefb2cjw1evh05f5eelj20go0m8n23.jpg67aefb2cjw1evh05hkzzij20go0m8af9.jpg67aefb2cjw1evh05h2swvj20go0b4gpp.jpg

67aefb2cjw1evh05glxhdj20go0m8tev.jpg67aefb2cjw1evh05hxrmxj20go0b441u.jpg67aefb2cjw1evh05iggwvj20go0b4tbs.jpg67aefb2cjw1evh05i7rb5j20go0b4wid.jpg67aefb2cjw1evh05fvmtyj20go0m8tdw.jpg

Credit as tagged

Edited by dawnshine

I like all the pics but I like more the Dispatch comments :)

Ha Ji-won was an evening departure:  backlit overwhelming visual" ... Ha, dazzling departure

Fashionable denim jeans and a blouse of white color. Somewhat esoteric retro style showed off a unique fashion sense.

Airports unique look

"Visual is a self-luminous"

http://www.dispatch.co.kr/360546

20150828201043_55e041b34a622_1.jpg

• Like 6

Guest dawnshine

Here's one recent interview, some of the contents were similar to the ones I previously translated and shared in the thread.  

Interview With Ha Ji Won: Friendly Is My Character, Unimaginable During "Empress Ki" Period...

Recenly, Ha Ji Won did an interview with us, she showed her friendly and mischievous side. 

Ha Ji Won jokingly said that she was an eagle in her previous life; at night she'd transform into a girl looking for a werewolf boyfriend, and wanted this story to be written for a script (of a drama/movie). (Personal note: she must be inspired by Howl's Moving Castle since she's a big fan of this anime. Yes her fans would be excited to see her play an eagle.) Ha Ji Won said she associated important moments with smell, declaring herself as "Ji Won who sees smell". Reporters thanked her thoughtful gift of scented candles she hand-made. 

Ha Ji Won claimed that the role of Oh Hana has been the closest to her in real life to date. Ha Ji Won has played many powerful roles. She's a famous action actress. In this drama, she portrayed a common girl, jovial friendly personality, yet a little blurry at times.

The 16 episodes drama ended recently. Ha Ji Won lamented, "This role was appealing to many, it's great. Oh Hana is not a fantasy character, she's a 30 something common girl working in the fashion industry, I got to film a romance drama, I felt happy. My friends and family remarked that the way the facial expression of Oh Hana and the way she spoke resembled myself in real life. In contrast they were shocked to see my previous roles in horror and action genres projects."

Ha Ji Won said all the while she's played serious and heavy roles, she always wanted to try a light happy character, hence she chose the common Oh Hana. In the drama, Ha Ji Won finally had a complete family, "My parents were happy for me that I finally got to have a happy family in the drama, I had a car and a house, even my fans were thrilled that their Ji Won Unnie finally had family members in the drama."

Ha Ji Won happily revealed, "In this drama, I was able to wear many pretty dresses and shoes, and even handbags, the filming atmosphere was fun. I always frequent bathing sauna, previously the ahjunmas there would not chat, but during the airing of TTWWNIL, they approached me and asked when would Hana continue romancing Choi Woon (the male lead in the drama). At that time I felt close with them. I felt good about it. This was not seen when I filmed "Empress Ki"."

Ha Ji Won said previously she felt satisfied playing tomboyish or powerful roles, when filming for action genre she felt she could do it better than she thought and was proud of it, "In Secret Garden, Gil Ra Im had a line, "Compared to pretty, I preferred to be called cool. Actually that line was written by the writer-nim in reference to one of my previous interviews with the media. I told the media back then that I preferred cool girls than pretty girls. There in Secret Garden, I had a chance to play a cool girl, I felt great to be able to do that."

But this time Ha Ji Won had the chance to show the gentle soft side of her, viewers felt closer to her, making Ha Ji Won felt refreshed and warm at the same time.

Before filming TTWWNIL, Ha Ji Won initially did not believe 17 years of friendship would be able to transform to a love relationship, but after filming this drama she has changed her mind, "Actually I'm the love at first sight type, but if I could find a guy friend like Choi Won in the drama, whom can chat with me and care about me, a warm and fun normal guy friend, I think it's not a bad thing."

In the drama, not only her character had a cool "normal guy friend", she also had a charming pianist ex-boyfriend; many were envious of her character. Ha Ji Won commented, "I did not know how one would feel when one's ex-boyfriend appeared after the breakup, I asked my friends how would one feel, they said one would be heart-fluttered. But in the drama Hana liked her best friend (Choi Won) of 17 years more. When I played this role, I discovered emotions that were not experienced before when one was in a relationship. I liked how comfortable and loved Oh Hana felt when she was with Choi Won." She would look forward to a sweet romance.

Ha Ji Won is 37 this year. In the drama she's played a common girl in her 30s who went through the process of dating and marriage, it's impossible to not feel wavered. Ha Ji Won elaborated, "Typical girls might feel pressurized in regards to age and marriage, but for actresses who do have to play roles as a high-school student, a girl in her 20s etc, we don't feel much about our actual age. On the other hand, because of this we feel happy. For now I really don't feel my age."

Ha Ji Won revealed that since high school, she's amazed with Go Doo Shim sunbae-nim's performance, she thought to herself, "How could such a person be so powerful in impressing me till having goosebumps?"  Ha Ji Won was moved and inspired; she wanted to understand this immense power through acting, and that's the first time she wanted to be an actress. Being inspired and touched by That was how Ha Ji Won's impressive career began, it's been 18 years and now she's ranked as one of the top actresses in South Korea.

However Ha Ji Won felt she's imperfect, "This is just my beginning, I still have a long way to go, there are many roles I have not played. I might not act anymore if I stop liking this profession. But up till this moment I really love acting. I am very grateful that I get to do what I like, enjoying the present moment." Being grateful and enjoy her profession are the only tricks in keeping Ha Ji Won youthful.

Source: Koreastardaily; translated to English by dawnshine

11410419_1812728272286746_960454087_n.jp11821917_411406232384395_1862005775_n.jp

Cr: official1023

Edited by dawnshine

I'm so happy to see HJW today before she go to Hawaii and I hope that she update her Instagram with some pics  

Here's one recent interview, some of the contents were similar to the ones I previously translated and shared in the thread.  

Interview With Ha Ji Won: Friendly Is My Character, Unimaginable During "Empress Ki" Period...

Reporters remarked how friendly and funny HJW was during one recent interview.

Ha Ji Won jokingly said that she was an eagle in her previous life; at night she'd transform into a girl looking for a werewolf boyfriend, and wanted this story to be written for a script (of a drama/movie). (Personal note: she must be inspired by Howl's Moving Castle since she's a big fan of this anime. Yes her fans would be excited to see her play an eagle.) Ha Ji Won said she associated important moments with smell, declaring herself as "Ji Won who sees smell". Reporters thanked her thoughtful gift of scented candles she hand-made. 

Ha Ji Won claimed that the role of Oh Hana has been the closest to her in real life to date. Ha Ji Won has played many powerful roles. She's a famous action actress. In this drama, she portrayed a common girl, jovial friendly personality, yet a little blurry at times.

=====

However Ha Ji Won felt she's imperfect, "This is just my beginning, I still have a long way to go, there are many roles I have not played. I might not act anymore if I stop liking this profession. But up till this moment I really love acting. I am very grateful that I get to do what I like, enjoying the present moment." Being grateful and enjoy her profession are the only tricks in keeping Ha Ji Won's youth.

Source: Koreastardaily; translated to English by dawnshine

Thanks for translation, you are awesome, hug...hug..., sorry for cut... I don't know this anime, I always through that she like the Ladyhawke movie with Michele Pfeiffer :) (by the way I like this movie).

She is a great actress but she is so humble.

She really love acting ...and I really love her acting and I really enjoy every her past ...current ...future role 

"Being grateful and enjoy her profession are the only tricks in keeping Ha Ji Won's youth". Yes I think is true.

• Like 6

@dawnshine, please know that we really appreciate your hardwork in translating all the articles about our dearest Ha Ji Won. It is always such a joy to read positive news about her and you really are a lifesaver to all of the amazing Ha Ji Won fans here who may have a limited understanding of her language just like myself. Reading your translations and comments made me your fan as well. Hats off to you! Thank you so much!:)

My thanks also goes to all my fellow Ha Ji Won fans in this thread who have tirelessly contributed through photos, comments, updates and for simply being here and keeping this place alive.

Love love visiting here!

Edited by nyangie1023
  • Like 3

Guest dawnshine

@andra30 She likes quite a lot of animes (I know some other K-actresses do too)...she posted a picture or two about the two characters from Howl's Moving Castle on her IG. She might like Ladyhawke and was inspired by that movie too. :lol:Anyways it's obvious to us that she sure wants to play a mysterious eagle role. She kept mentioning about this in many past interviews. 

Chingu, you are truly an awesome 1023, who genuinely appreciates her as a great actress (and her projects) and her down-to-earth personality:) Yes she has constantly been saying that acting was her passion, and the fact that she was still able to act and did things she aspired in life, she was truly grateful. She also always emphasized how she enjoyed whatever she's doing and appreciate every present moment. I firmly believe this reflective mentality/thinking is what makes her a top notch actress - someone with substance and integrity in addition to great acting skill - the charm and magic of Ha Ji Won. This is also one of the primary reasons that she's so well-likened and respected by many. 

Let's continue to support Ha Ji Won and her works! 

@nyangie1023: Thank you for your very kind words. Jiwonnie is really an amazing dedicated actress, who really worked extremely hard to where she is right now. Yet she's still humble and continues to work hard. As such she totally deserves respect and credits for what she's been doing. Let's just continue to give her and her projects our fullest support. :) 

I don't deserve any credits, the credits should go to other chingus who have been translating articles about Jiwonnie's news and the updates before I joined the thread and also a few who are still doing such as @zoompi123. It's quite tedious/time-consuming to translate as well as to ensure the translation is as accurate as the original article, so thanks to those who have been tirelessly translating HJW's news here.

@JacquelinQ Chingu, thanks for all the airport photos and updates about HJW in the past despite your busy college life.  :D

Edited by dawnshine