♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Hello, chingus!!!
@pie and @aemi...I was gonna say Kwon Sang Woo is a good choice too since I really liked their Bang Bang CF's together....too bad that now he is out of the running :-(
@ebulli3nt...thanks much for creating the forum for Hwatu...guess, we'll see you there!
Imud really brings good point and I actually agree with what she says. Let's not worry too much about the director. I have read the comments in other sites and most of it were directed towards the poor performance of the director. It is true that he doesn't have an impressive work behind him however, let us not forget that the success or failure of any film or drama does not lie on one person alone. It takes a team effort to make it work...from cast to directors, screenwriter/s, editor, cinematography, soundstrack...and so on. So knowing this, it is unfair to put all the blame for the not so impressive reviews of PT and Dr. Jin in the director's head. He does bring it all together but he can't make all the decisions by himself. They all need to collaborate and agree to where the story is leading. 
Contrary to what other people say, the director can't really butcher a good story if it is well written. It is as important to have a good screenwriter as well as a good director because that person needs to have a solid idea of where the story is leading. They are as responsible for the show as the director. In the case of PT and Dr. Jin, I can only make a comment on PT because I wasn't able to finish the latter. In my opinion, PT was an okay drama...nothing to be ashamed of. My impression of the show was that...the storyline could have been better. Some people thought the editing was bad...so in this case, should have blamed the editor too and not just the director :-) Anyways, sometimes, all it takes is a good chemistry between the casts and the staff..then..ta da..another Hwang Jin Yi in the making! In any case, lets give this director a chance...HJW surely did..why shouldn't we?
So, having said all that...let us all anticipate who will be casted for the male lead. We already know what a daebak actress our HJW is...we need to hope for a daebak male lead as well. I sincerely apologize for the long post...just want to ease some worries here. \m/

@cynder i understand, let's hope for a great project! Wish some good actor as male lead, would like Cha Seung Won too! 
Qi Empress is Mongolian, I wonder if Ha Ji Won will speak mongolian in this drama!

@pie...CSW is a good choice too. I have been paying much attention to who's getting confirmed for films and dramas. I am doing a lot of male watching~~hahaha for our HJW. 
Anyway, I was also wondering the same thing. I was reading some information about Empress Qi and it is obvious that her significant years were spent in Mongol. I wonder how they are going to tell her story and yet make it interesting for the Korean viewers...hmmm.

Guest kdramafanusa

Actress Ha Ji-won to Turn Empress in Historical Drama

2013/05/14 by Kang Jung Yeon

2013051409573785250615x.jpg
Ha Ji-won on a wall paper of a KBS drama “Hwang Jini” which was on aired from October 11, 2006 to December 28, 2006. [KBS]

Korean actress Ha Ji-won has been cast in a historical drama, according to the broadcaster on Tuesday.

An official with MBC told TenAsia over the phone that Ha will be playing the role of Qi Empress in the series tentatively titled “Flower Battle.”

The show will go into shoot after the rest of the cast is finalized, the official added.

Qi Empress was one of empresses of Genghis Khan of the Yuan Dynasty. She was a wise and attractive empress born in Goryeo which was part of ancient Korea.

In the show, Ha will depict on Qi Empress’s romance of which not much has been told so far.

The drama, set to premiere during the second half of the year, is currently lined up behind a Monday and Tuesday series tentatively titled “Goddess of Fire, Jung.”

Ha is considered one of the most versatile actresses in Korea, having played successful roles in various genres ranging from modern fantasy to historical.

Reporter. Kang Jung Yeon atoz@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Jessica Kim

Photo Courtesy of KBS

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Journal TENASIA(tenasia.us) All rights reserved.>

@kdramafanusa...is it me or your post contains a good sign? Did you notice that Hwatu is scheduled to air in the same month as Hwang Jin Yi...which is in OCTOBER??
Bear with me ladies...maybe, I am being too superstitious :)=)) :-$

Guest kdramafanusa

^  I didn't notice that. :)

I was browsing KOFIC and came across Ji-won's profile as of 2011.02.09.  I'm repostng the biography portion only, the rest (Award/Drama/Movie/MV) might be more updated on the 1st post.

HA Ji-won

Actress

6fsbv7.jpg

Biography

HA Ji-won made her name through a series of surprisingly successful horror movies. But she soon broke her image as the queen of horror as she ventured out to new turf -- the sex comedy. <Sex Is Zero> directed by [JK YOUN] is rich in bizarre imagination. She rose to stardom and established herself as an actress who can stimulate box office sensation in genre movies. Starting with B-rated horror flicks, she emerged as a movie star and enjoyed a raft of movie offers. Then, she found her next big break in TV drama. She has joined the ranks of Korea’s top actresses with loyal followings for her dramas such as <Damo>, <What Happened in Bali>, and <Hwang Jin-i>. She is the one and only Korean actress who has worked all the way up from the bottom to the top. She is a hard-working actress who has achieved what seems impossible. She has the big box office hit <Haeundae> under her belt, has starred in the melodrama <Closer to Heaven> and portrayed a stuntwoman falling in love with a department store owner ([Hyun Bin]) in the TV drama <Secret Garden>. Although the highly anticipated 3D blockbuster <Sector 7> wasn’t quite the success that was hoped for, HA continues to dominate the screens. In 2012 she co-starred with [bAE Doo-na] as the legendary table tennis player HYUN Jung-hwa in <As One>, a film about the actual event surrounding the unified team of South and North Korea. She will next appear in the period action film <The Huntresses> with [sON Ga-in] and [KANG Ye-won].

Outside Story
Date of Birth: June 28, 1978
Height, Weight, Blood type: 168 cm, 45 kg, A type
Hobbies: Golf
Talents: Jazz dance
Educational Background: Graduated department of Theater and Film Studies, Dankook University
Family Relationship: Parents, second born of 4 children

Guest bearbarbiie1023

pieracapozucca said: bearbarbiie1023 said:

Actor Vin Diesel, showed interest for the Korean actress Ha Ji-won ^^

Van Diesel is in Korea for the promotion of the movie 'Furious Maxima', at the press conference held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Seoul, he seemed interested in the pictures of Ha Ji Won ^^

417891_461946493894013_1684771999_n.jpg

Source:
http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/news/view.asp?seq=810017
Reupload: @1023_Jiwonesia (HJWIFC)

Guest bearbarbiie1023

[NEW EVENT]

[Ladies ' event] crocodile Lady WOW campaign symbol, female children are responsible for making the most of this.
Iran remains the most burdened heavy lifting day by day living a hard life in a girl's heavy burden for crocodile Lady ready to wow in the campaign.

The children of low-income women in most education sponsored by 2013, to campaign with WOW, crocodile Lady is a symbol of a fresh start Please select directly on the WOW campaign.

Your participation is a great addition to a home happy. :)

Source: Crocodile Lady FB
Reupload: @1023_Jiwonesia (HJWIFC FB)

263316_462562510499078_1471512630_n.jpg

Kwon sang woo really look good with ha ji won but if he's having a drama too then I don't think its possible for him to do hwatu drama with ha ji won.

I also prefer older guys for ha ji won. She has always been paired to younger actors. So ji sub is my number pick. Cha seung hun would also be nice. Or lee byung hun or jang dong gun. Lbh and jdg are great actors too.

I read that Hwat will be of 50 episode not 60! I was looking for series that long, i found Horse Doctor it started in 1st October 2012 and ended 25 March 2013 so i guess Hwat will last till the end of March or the beginng of April 2014! I'm curious to know when they will start shooting, the cast is still incomplete so i guess will have to wait to know something more!
EDIT: It seems it will have 60 episodes! Sorry! :)

Ha Ji Won's drama HWATU (화투) will air beginning this October in South Korea (takes over the Mondays & Tuesdays 10pm KST) in 60 episodes on MBC

935603_462653050490024_418393187_n.jpg

Here it says that it will be 60 episodes! Thinking about it they are alot, but maybe the episodes will last less minutes than usual dramas? It sure will be difficult to keep a drama of 60 episodes interesting, hope they won't use filler episodes or it will become boring!

60 episodes drama is actually quite common for historical dramas. 
Jumong ran about 80 episodes.  Dae Jang Geum ran more than 50 episodes.  Whether it's gonna be boring or not depends on the plot and the writers. 
I would say they (the writers for this series) have been proved excellent in managing long series.  Giant has 60 episodes on its belt.  so yeah..

as for the recent snub from dramabeans?  yeah, don't put too much thought into it.  I mean, if you read their reviews for Secret Garden, one would have thought it's such a mess of a drama.  The fact that I enjoyed it thoroughly just means that people have different tastes.  An ideal for one person differs from another.

Thank you @testi for the explanation! Anyway if it will be 60 episodes it should end in late april right? Hope they will finish to shoot earlier than april, still hoping to see another Ha Ji Won movie at the end of 2014!