♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

I'm so happy finally Ha Ji Won in a new drama this year, i would have preferred another movie and not a sageuk drama, i would have loved something of our time and i don't know if sageuk is a good choice, latley don't seem to have great success, but i'm hoping for the best! It reminds me a lot of Hwang Jin Yi!

Ha Ji Won an Empress in New Drama

kaedejun
May 12, 2013
Korean Drama, News Bits

Ha Ji Won is coming back with an all new drama – as an empress. (Hah – first a stuntwoman, then a butt-kicking queen, and now an empress!) The title is ‘Hwatu’, which is usually in reference to the flower cards used in the game go-stop. However, it can also be translated as ‘playing cards’, or ‘battle of flowers’. I hope the English title is Battle of Flowers, because it just sounds cool, but it could also be translated as Playing Cards and refer to the political games the characters will play. Or – for simplicity’s sake, it can just be called Hwatu.

Ha will play the role of Empress Qi, (or Ki, as pronounced in Korean), a Korean-born empress who married into the Yuan Dynasty during the 1300s. She was the younger sister of Gi Cheol, and her family was a threat to the rule of King Gongmin because it made sure that Goryeo was subject to the Mongols. Sound familiar? Yep – this is basically set during the time of Faith, where King Gongmin (Ryu Deok Hwan) and his faithful soldier Choi Young (Lee Min Ho) battled against Gi Cheol (Yoo Oh Sung) with their magical powers. Hers is a rarely told story, which makes this drama already unique.

History of a Salaryman and Giant writers Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon are back for this project – yay! – while Han Hee of Dr. Jin and Over the Rainbow is directing it (uh…). The drama will air on MBC later this year, after Moon Geun Young’s drama Goddess of Fire Jung Yi, and continue the trend of making this a very historical-genre-heavy year.

sources: mydaily, sports donga via naver
182281_572862792744372_1351528253_n.jpg

Am not gonna be picky hahaha....I will trust that she knows what she is doing. Wow...I honestly have not watched any drama longer than 24...so..if its true that this drama of hers is really 60 episodes...then goodluck to me :-)) Anyway...this is so awesome. It was only the other day when I was thinking how (especially) pretty she looks in a saeguk costume. I was actually looking at her old DAMO pics and was thinking how her face is perfectly proportioned to the costume. What an empress she would make!
Anyways, maybe there is another movie offer she is considering...

wow that's a very great newssssss!! Yes the story plot is very interesting..I had watch faith before (the king and the queen sure great), and RIGHT NOW the queen will be played by Jiwonnie...WOAAAAAAHH I'M So excited...hope the story would be great and some romance in it would be nice, perfectly nice...whoever the leading man...as long as Jiwonnie play it..it will be interesting IMO...i love her choice for this strong character  :x

Guest naruto00

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: white; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px;"Ha Ji Won accepts the role of Empress Ki in Hwatu2013051308540846749_1.jpg

According to a May 13 report by MBC, actress Ha Ji Won has accepted the role of Empress Ki, a real historical person, in Hwatu, which is going to air in the second half of this year. Hwatu will be the sequel to The Goddess Of Fire, Jung-Yi, which will take over the time slot of The Gu Family Bookwhen it ends. Hwatu is a historical drama that describes loves and conflicts in the life of the real Empress Ki.

In the drama, Ha Ji Won play the attractive, wise empress of Goryeo, who has a powerful influence over the Yuan Dynasty of Genghis Khan. Empress Ki fulfilled political ideals and predestined love with pride in Goryeo as part of an unfamiliar foreign imperial family. The story of Empress Ki is not popularly known and will fascinate viewers with its tale of beautiful yet sorrowful predestined love.

It has been a year since Ha Ji Won appeared in The King, Two Hearts, which ended in May 2012. Viewers will be looking forward to seeing how Ha Ji Won will do. SHe has shown acting skill in a variety of genres playing very different characters in MBC’s Damo, SBS’s Secret Garden andSomething Happened in Bali.

Hwatu is written by Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon, who has been credited for outstanding historical research and powerful writing skills for KBS 1TV’s Dae Jo Young and SBS’s Giant andSalaryman. Producer/director Han Hee, who directed MBC’s Dr. JIN and Over the Rainbow, will direct the series.

Guest chaa

It’s great news.

I don't particularly like sageuk, but I know HJW is very good in playing her character in Damo and Hwang Jinyi. I am not worry about her co-star. Whoever her co-star, HJW will spread her energy  so that her co-star will shine together.

@cynder, hello to you! Yes, its nice to be back here. :) on song seung hun, after that interview, there were even articles about him getting disappointed because ha ji won chose a different actor that she wanted to work with. Since then, I wanted to see them together in a project.

Guest bearbarbiie1023

Actor Vin Diesel, showed interest for the Korean actress Ha Ji-won ^^

Van Diesel is in Korea for the promotion of the movie 'Furious Maxima', at the press conference held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Seoul, he seemed interested in the pictures of Ha Ji Won ^^

417891_461946493894013_1684771999_n.jpg

Source:
http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/news/view.asp?seq=810017
Reupload: @1023_Jiwonesia (HJWIFC)

@pie, the smile vids are my all-time favorites among all of ha ji won's videos. She's just so bright and positive person. And those who made the vids are just as amazing.

@minnie0103, wow! Sageuk drama for ha ji won!!! Im sure this will be a very big project. I am now so excited.

The plot of Hwatu is so interesting and intriguing. So do you guys think HJW's role be like speaking two diff languages (mongolian and korean)? Is Empress Qi Korean or mongolian to start with, I'm quite confused at that part. can't wait. I'm all smiles this day because of this news. keke. :D :D :)  :)

Guest pandora460

mssegacrazy said: I wonder who'll be her leading man? It's a love story right? Drama Gods, please let it be Song Joong Ki (I super love him in sageuks), or Won Bin (he's a God hehe), or Gong Yoo (hot hot item), or Lee Byung Hun (he's no. 1 along with HJW in a poll reg PDs choice for drama actors that bring success to dramas, or even Park Yoochun (I love him in SKKS). Kyaaa. Hey guys, who're your choices? There is no leading man yet right?

Guest pandora460

honours09 said: wow that's a very great newssssss!! Yes the story plot is very interesting..I had watch faith before (the king and the queen sure great), and RIGHT NOW the queen will be played by Jiwonnie...WOAAAAAAHH I'M So excited...hope the story would be great and some romance in it would be nice, perfectly nice...whoever the leading man...as long as Jiwonnie play it..it will be interesting IMO...i love her choice for this strong character  :x

bearbarbiie1023 said:

Actor Vin Diesel, showed interest for the Korean actress Ha Ji-won ^^

Van Diesel is in Korea for the promotion of the movie 'Furious Maxima', at the press conference held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Seoul, he seemed interested in the pictures of Ha Ji Won ^^

417891_461946493894013_1684771999_n.jpg

Source:
http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/news/view.asp?seq=810017
Reupload: @1023_Jiwonesia (HJWIFC)

Reading the articles the plot seems very good, but i'm really afraid about the director, seems that he's really a bad director :-SS
The drama will be of 60 episodes, so we will be able to see Ha Ji Won for a very long time :D Hope it will be pre produced like Damo! And after that hope in 2 o 3 movies in 2014!  :)>-

Guest OreoVampire

Wow ..I Iove Ha Ji Won... can't wait for the new series.

Actress Ha Ji-Won is cast in new MBC period drama HWATU.

Drama series HWATU has Ha Ji-Won playing historical figure Qi Empress of the Yuan Dynasty and the storyline will follow her life. HWATU will air beginning this October in South Korea (takes over the Mondays & Tuesdays 10pm time slot after the conclusion "The Goddess of Fire, Jeongi").

Credits : AsianWiki

:x