♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest RAINLUVER012

There have been so many articles similar to this one written about Ha JiWon. It shows how good of an actress she has become. She is now the one to compare to.

It's very wordy, but I tried to translate it as best as I could! :D

"The Biggest Difference between Ha JiWon and Kim TaeHee"

The reason why we don't feel pain when seeing Kim TaeHee cry?

Ha JaeGeun

Kim TaeHee's "My Princess" is cruising smoothly. The drama's rating is successful and Kim TaeHee is also receiving attention. Her previous project "IRIS" was successful as a drama, but Kim TaeHee did not hear many compliments about herself.

The role is perfect. She plays a cute and happy girl, that matches with her. Because of this role, KTH's charm has increased 300%. She is fun to watch.

Competing with "My Princess" are dark shows like "Sign" and "President". "My Princess" allows viewers to forget about this and enjoy with a light heart.

If KTH had taken roles like this earlier, she would have gotten more popularity (even though she is popular right now) She has taken dark roles previously. It may seem too late for her to play these cute roles because of her age, but it feels right for her.

Even though the drama is popular, it does not have a deep effect. This is because of the drama "Secret Garden" that aired right before it. The two dramas are constantly compared with the words "Beautiful, Brilliant, Delightful"

"Secret Garden" was not only popular. It created a syndrome with numerous "addicts". Compared to "Secret Garden," "My Princess" is just a popular drama. "Secret Garden" pulled at people's heartstrings while "My Princess" feels like a light snack. Ha Ji Won and Kim TaeHee's characteristics also define these differences.

"Does it hurt? I don't hurt' (parody of "Does it hurt? I hurt too"= a very popular line from Ha JiWon's drama DAMO)

These days in MY PRINCESS, KTH cries like a broken faucet. The media always comes out with articles that say "KTH's sobs caused viewers to cry" However, netizens are cold to these articles. Very few people actually cried watching these scenes.

No matter how much KTH feels pain in the drama, viewers do not. To viewers, KTH is just a pretty actress and a pretty picture.

In HJW's legendary drama DAMO, that created many addicts, there is a line, "Do it hurt? I hurt too" that many viewers sympathize with. No matter how unrealistic HJW's project is, she causes viewers to cry with her painful eyes. That is why viewers feel pain with her and that is how she creates a syndrome.

However, in MY PRINCESS, KTH's expressions cannnot cause viewers' hearts to cry. When KTH cries, she conveys the information, "I am crying very hard right now" but viewers feel no sympathy to cry with her.

Actors should share their emotions and not information. In PASTRY KING, KIM TAKGU, there was a reunion scene. I knew what was going to happen, so I did not want to watch it. So I unwillingly watched the rerun. However, Jung GwangRyul conveyed his emotions very well and caused me and many other viewers to cry.

In MY PRINCESS, KTH shows her feelings very simply. She laughs innocently and then cries like a broken faucet, but she cannot express any deeper emotions.

93584_104748_627.jpg

I am talking about something like HJW's deep and painful eyes. Even though she is not bawling, even when she only drops one tear, her eyes cause others to cry.

Compared to that, MY PRINCESS is extremely simple. KTH's weeping" exemplifies this. The drama is fun, but is not heartfelt. That is why it isn't creating a syndrome.

This type of acting may be KTH's limit; we will see from her next project. With every project, KTH is a happy actress that creates the perception of "KTH's _____"

HJW helps her companion actor improve and grow while KTH makes herself noticeable. Because of their popularity, people look forward to their acting.

http://www.mediatoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=93584

Article on PENINSULA

Ha JiWon, Drama PENINSULA Casting, "Nothing has been confirmed yet"

20110131105513152l3_120735_0.jpg

On the 31st, one media site reported that "Ha JiWon is thinking about staring in PENINSULA and is confirmed 90%"

HJW's agency, Well Made Star M said on a telephone call with TVDaily that, "She has not decided on a follow-up project yet"

After SECRET GARDEN ended they said, "Numerous scripts are coming in" and "Since her last drama just ended, she will look through them slowly and choose a follow-up project"

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?articleid=20110131105513152l3&linkid=4&newssetid=1352

If she is doing PENINSULA, that's great! But I think she should get some rest. Although I kind of miss seeing her on the screen already. hehehe

I think most of the articles on her doing the drama are still rumors because of her popularity. (like the ones from last year about Ha JiWon being casted in IRIS 2, which were all untrue)

Her drama just finished less than one month ago and she has a movie coming up in the summer. And isn't she filming KOREA too? (the ping pong movie?)

So busy~

Guest lovehbhjw

Thank you kjkfan and ps3hl....all these wonderfull translations allow us to know HJW so much better as a person.

@rainluver012  

The article is so true....I cannot stand watching pretty face KTH for too long.....I really care alot for good acting skills, hardwork than just a pretty face.  

@rainluver012

I totally agree with this article. When I watch MY PRINCESS, I feel like something's missing. It doesn't have the "plus" Secret Garden which made us completely mad. That's absolutely not an addicting drama_it's just great.

& yes, Kim Tae Hee doesn't make me cry either but I think there are 2 [very] different characters. In one hand, we have Gil Ra Im: she had a difficult life without parents & she lives in poverty; in the other hand we have Lee Seol (?), she was adopted but grew up really happily with her mom... So, maybe the way to portray the character isn't the same too.

Anywayyy, I said that I agree Ha Ji Won has this hurtful eyes which made me want to cry with her_I totally feel her pain & despair.

But, I must say Kim Tae Hee has at least, one point: she doesn't pay attention to be pretty when she cries & that's not bad.

I really hope Ha Ji Won can rest at least 2/3 months before picking up a new project, especially if it's a drama__that's so tiring* She needs to sleep a lot & come back with a wonderful drama, I think just to see her sparkling like in Secret Garden, I can wait a couple of years. She does so much movies between. ;)

KTH I felt she has got this stunt look , acting is soso not my type while HJW is different her eyes can  act without  speaking. she is blessed with it n you feel the pain when she speak, alot of emotions.Another Hk actor tony leung   has that also, his eyes can tell you  his emotion.

thank you everyone for keeping this thread updated with lots of HJW goodies!!

I love reading her interviews~

as for her new drama, I wonder if it's 100% confirmed. I've read from different sources saying that HJW is not confirmed because of her schedule, same with JDG. some reported that HJW and JDG are "candidates" only, nothing set in stone. hmmmmmm....

I'd like to see her working with JDG, but only if she likes the script, of course ^^

(on the other hand...I'm secretly wishing that HJW and Won Bin will collaborate one day >_< oh my, imagine the best of the best actors from Korea collide!!)

Guest bashful

@RAINLUVER012 thank you for the article.....

@ps3hl and uxmod thank you for the hard work. :)

I hope HJW will not take the role of the new drama with JDG. Some reason I really don't seem to like this pairing not that I don't like JDG but maybe I just love her and HB too much. If it is not HB then I would prefer her with KSW, Rain, Won Bin

Guest gle_perry

as usual acting hjw always nice to see from the previous dramas such as Damo and WHIB always make the audience burst into tears to see HJW CRYING ..

I do not know why if you see me CRYING HJW also cry too

hjw eyes seemed to make the audience come late to cry

Guest lovehbhjw

KTH I felt she has got this stunt look , acting is soso not my type while HJW is different her eyes can  act without  speaking. she is blessed with it n you feel the pain when she speak, alot of emotions.Another Hk actor tony leung   has that also, his eyes can tell you  his emotion.

Actually Hyun Bin too which is why I love the coupling of HB and HJW soooooooooooooooooooooo much on-screen

@RAINLUVER012 thank you for the article.....

@ps3hl and uxmod thank you for the hard work. :)

I hope HJW will not take the role of the new drama with JDG.  Some reason I really don't seem to like this pairing not that I don't like JDG but maybe I just love her and HB too much.   If it is not HB then I would prefer her with KSW, Rain, Won Bin

Hey buddy...after reading so much feedback...I am somehow convinced that HJW should be pairing Won Bin in the absence of Hyun Bin.... Seems that the "binnies" kind of guys suit her, plus Won Bin has part of her name in it  "Won".....right?  blush.gif

Guest bashful

Actually Hyun Bin too which is why I love the coupling of HB and HJW soooooooooooooooooooooo much on-screen

Hey buddy...after reading so much feedback...I am somehow convinced that HJW should be pairing Won Bin in the absence of Hyun Bin.... Seems that the "binnies" kind of guys suit her, plus Won Bin has part of her name in it  "Won".....right?  blush.gif

Yes Won Bin could be the temporary replacement until HB returns. lol I do think HJW has very beautiful eyes. When she stares at HB in the party scene it was filled with sadness and deep emotions. Which makes you want to give her a hug.....

You know what she gets a long with KSW very well. He is always teasing her. They would have been a cute pair too but he's married now. lol I heard the dated before but I am not sure if it's true. ^_^

You know what.. Won Bin has that kind of of sad, sorrowful eyes too!!!!

I wanted to hug him, watching him in Ajusshi...

shall we make a petition to have HJW in a project with both Binnies??? that would be awesomesauce! make it an OT3, I don't mind.... *perv mode on*

Guest RAINLUVER012

Ha JiWon is going to be in LA! :D

This makes me quite excited because I live near LA, but what are the chances of me ever meeting her? haha. Now I'm kind of sad... hahaha

Anyone else here live near LA? You have a chance!!! teehehehe

Translation of the article:

110201_4d4779895b3b7.jpg

Starting from the 3rd, she will be in LA for one week for a fashion magazine photoshoot. Because of her busy schedule due to her popular drama, she has work during lunar new year,

In her drama, her character dreamed of going to Hollywood and even was casted in a Hollywood movie titled "Dark Blood." People are responding to this news by saying, "Is Gil RaIm finally advancing to Hollywood?"

Instead of spending the holidays with family, Ha JiWon is going on a family vacation to LA. Ha JiWon has already left to Hawaii with her parents for rest. "She left quietly, trying not to catch peoples' attentions. She plans on spending time with her parents in Hawaii and then leave to LA"

Ha JiWon said in a recent interview that, "I am exhausted from intense filming in the cold weather. I want to go on a vacation to a warm place with my family"

http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/916504.htm

I hope she is enjoying her well-deserved vacation in the warm weather. The weather in Korea has been really harsh this winter. It went to negatives in double digits (in degrees Celsius!)

Now I really have to get back to studying for midterms xP

I've been looking up news on Ha JiWon all day on Korean portal sites. hehe

Guest falling_star_142

lol i'm so glad to see not only me but seems like a lot of people here want Ji Won to pair up with Won Bin as well :wub: (even though some just think of him as a replacement :tears: )

darn, it has been my secret dream for so long, my favorite Korean actor and actress :wub: and it has been so long since Won Bin stared in a drama also >.<

Jo In Sung will be back from military soon right? kinda wish them to pair up again :ph34r: since i still feel bad about the ending of WHIB :tears: and Ji Won and him seem close and comfortable with each others blush.gif

Go Soo also, hope to see them in a movie or something, he's so cute confessing liking her :wub:

but anyway, i should stop dreaming here lol, just wish she would rest a while before filming another drama, since it's her i can wait :tears:

^

^

edit: LA? come to SF, Wonnie ah! LA is not that warm anyway lol

lol i'm so glad to see not only me but seems like a lot of people here want Ji Won to pair up with Won Bin as well  :wub: (even though some just think of him as a replacement  :tears: )

darn, it has been my secret dream for so long, my favorite Korean actor and actress  :wub: and it has been so long since Won Bin stared in a drama also >.<

Jo In Sung  will be back from military soon right? kinda wish them to pair up again  :ph34r: since i still feel bad about the ending of WHIB  :tears:  and Ji Won and him seem close and comfortable with each others  blush.gif

Go Soo also, hope to see them in a movie or something, he's so cute confessing liking her  :wub:

but anyway, i should stop dreaming here lol, just wish she would rest a while before filming another drama, since it's her i can wait  :tears:

^

^

edit: LA? come to SF, Wonnie ah! LA is not that warm anyway lol

Dream on pls, it will come true! I am looking forward to all this great guys with one n only Ha ji won!

I know! HJW please come to SF~~~~<3 <3

SF is a nice place too >"<

@ falling_star_142

haha. thinking of Won Bin as replacement for the other Bin?

nah~~not for me though.

Won Bin is just intensely charismatic. I feel like if he and HJW paired up, both of will them be oozing with charisma&hotness. (some super cool action movie, maybe?) :wub: But yes...us fans can dream!! Please do come true..one day..hehe..