CURRENT DRAMAS - Random Kimchi Comments

So You Watched a couple of Dramas...
LIST OF CURRENT DRAMAS SHOWING

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59635

Ok, lets have fun in this thread, inspired by twitchfilm's X (sorry buddy, i stole ur idea here :P dun sue me, i am ur chingoo). If you are watching any current dramas right now and would like to randomly comment on it, or dramas just shown, lets post your thoughts here. You can comment on the drama from time to time as you watch more episodes of it.

FIRST YOU CAN RATE THE CURRENT DRAMAS SHOWING RIGHT NOW:

(Rating system inspired by shirley)

Ratings:

kimchi-cover.gif

Heavenly Kimchi: Top rated dramas, amazing in everysense.

Good Kimchi: Overall good production drama.

Okay Kimchi: Sometimes good sometimes bad. Okay drama.

Bad Kimchi: Not enjoyable drama.

Smelly Kimchi: Really bad drama.

Eg. my random comments on current dramas showing. Here's how you can comment in the thread:

JUMONG: watched One episode.

Impressions: Good Kimchi

Altho Sexy Song Il Kook did not appear yet, the veteran actors are awesome.! you can tell this is going to be and exciting ride. Waiting for complete subs :)

Seoul1945: watched 2 episodes

Impressions: Bad Kimchi

Han Eun Jung makes this a bad kimchi. Ryu Soo Young fails to shine. ZZZZzzzz. but perhaps this drama has gone good now, i dunno.

Invisible Man: watched 6 episodes

Impressions: Heavenly Kimchi

Yoo Oh Sung and Chae Si Ra amazing display of acting performances. Perhaps one of the best dramas I've watched in a long time. Emotionally packed and touching.

101st Proposal: watched 1 episode

Lee Moon Shik is uberly adorable. but i kinda stopped because I was thrown back by the "beauty and the beast" concept. Maybe I should continue though.

Mr. Goodbye: watched 3 episodes

Impressions: Okay Kimchi

I try hard to love Ahn Jae Wook. I really did. I watched alot of his dramas! but I cannot love him no matter how hard I try. It's no different in this case. His english makes me cringe. and I like that other guy, the handsome concierge. Why they let Ahn Jae Wook get the girl?? I could not see his charms so I stopped. Lee Bo Young looked really pretty tho.

Fireworks: watched 12 episodes

Impressions: Smelly Kimchi

I watched this for Kang Ji Hwan. Started quite enjoyable although the story was kind of absurd. Han Che Young is a bad actress.. bad bad bad. Story went downhill after episode 8, I persevered for Ji Hwan and hoped for the better. At last I gave up because there wasn't much substance in the writing.

okay, that's my take.. so share your comments about the latest dramas you've watched. :) No Fighting, lets have the liberty of sharing our views ok. :P

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Babigrl

* JuMong

Impressions: Good kimchi

STory line and plot and the whole thing is just awesome with Song Il kook it's GREAT!

*Fireworks

Impressions: STINKY STANKY STUNKY KIMCHIBOP!

It looked good up to eps 6 and everything went downhill for me. Like what is up with the story now? It gets to the point where I have to fast forward parts just to satisfy my mind that I finished the whole eps. *sigh*

*7 Chil Princesses

AhH the story is great! the actors and actresses are just awesome! It gets my blood boiling everytime Michill shows up onscreen hehe that's how good it is. :) AND let me tell ya guys in army uniforms are to die for :) lol jk.

WoW! Great idea AG and I am pretty sure this will attract members to make their comment and rating. Like you, I hope they’ll be no FIGHTING but respect for each other’s comment. :) I wish I can contribute but sadly I am watching older dramas right now! ;)

Very impressive kind of rating, Shirley…"nah, dul, set"....“KIMCHI” and you've got a big SMILE from me to you gals! :D

Guest ellabel

Question: AG hunnie, is this exclusively for current dramas only?

If it is, then poor me, cant really watch the latest in Korea immediately. :(

I guess this will make it quite limiting.

Anyway, i think this is a brilliant idea. Quite exciting.

Gives one a notion which ones to look forward to.

Hope many will participate. :)

Hehe!! Shirley's rating scale is sooo apt.

Yayy, randomness ....

Mr. Goodbye/Impressions: Jury still out

only watched one episode so far because everyone so annoys me, especially Mr. Goodbye and his brother. But oh, the hotel dude is kinda cute. Can't remember his name for squat though. I honestly only watched this cuz the subs were out so fast. Have no idea if I'll finish. We'll see.

Heaven's Tree /Impressions: Heavenly Kimchi

And I mean oh so heavenly people. I just finished this a week or two ago. Why is Lee Wan so friggin hot. I want one of those. Minus the Yakuza. I watched for Lee Wan and totally fell in love with Park Shin Hye (I'm already in love with Mr. Wan!). That girl is such a good actress. Bump the age difference people. You will not be disappointed.

Great Inheritance/Impressions: Heavenly Kimchi

I flove this drama. KJW is so fine and those kids are adorable. KJH is so bad in this drama, but I still love him. Definitely one of my favorites so far. I watched for KJW, but I've fallen in love with the whole cast.

One Fine Day/Good Kimchi: Overall good production drama.

I think tis is one of the few dramas that I was first attracted to because of the plot. The story is lacking in some ways, but still really good. Plus, Nammie is in it! I'm really enjoying it so far, but I think I'm gonna hate the ending.

Lol, I'm so scared to watch Fireworks because everyone says it starts off great, but starts sucking pretty soon in. I've enjoyed HCY in all her dramas, but I can tell if it's because I liek her or her male leads.

STINKY STANKY STUNKY KIMCHIBOP!

LOL!!! :lol: cracked me up!! hahahaha.

ya ya... no fighting.. i know soompi is peace loving, but sometimes as a member i am about to burst because i think some dramas stinks and i cannot share it in the official thread because i fear someone will bash me up. :rolleyes: i like honesty, so lets hear the truth.. "if anyone can't take the truth, don't enter" - quote anonymous. keke.

ella, u can start a similar thread for movies if ya want.

Guest LoH_Ter

Current Dramas:

Mr. Good Bye (okay kimchee...I'm not too fond of the female lead's acting...nor the poorly acted english parts...)

JuMong (Heavenly kimchee...I adore this show to pieces...I could just eat the main character like a cookie...his personality and character is so damned cute)

I'm going to add not-so-current dramas-but-still-2006, because my current drama list is so pathetic T_T:

Bad Family (good kimchee...add just a tiny bit more of one ingredient, and you've got Heavenly KimChee...loved this drama overall)

Goong (bad kimchee...an uninspiring, zombie-like, self-absorbed male lead, a female lead that tries too hard to be cute, too many cliches, terrible pacing...but some interesting parts and good production, which is what saves it from being smelly kimchee).

Here's my take:

Fireworks - watched 2 or 4 epi (can't remember???)

Stale & Smelly Kimchi

What is KJH thinking abt? He's such a good actor & was cast in such lowly-scripted series??? I thought I enjoyed Choon-hyang & was supposed to enjoy Han's.... But too my horror I can't stand the sight of her in here..... (I think I enjoyed CH coz of Jae Hee) Han's really need to go back in sch to learn how to act...

7 Princess - watched 30 epi

Good Kimchi

Very family-orientated drama! The Ilhan (Goo) seriously needs to go back to sch too.... even seungki is a much better actor than him.

The Invinsible Man - watched 2 epi

Good Kimchi

Yoo & Chae is so so good! Tho chae & Yoo looked so haggard, they still shine brilliantly. Even Choi (the girl from MISA) is great too!

Jumong - watched 8 epi

Heavenly Kimchi

Those veteran actors & actresses defintely is the THING in this drama.

Guest rainy75

Jumong : Good KimChi ... .. interesting to see how Jumong would develop his skills and ability .. and the 2 gals.

7 Princess : Okay Kimchi (only for SuChil and HaNam.. the rest of the plots are getting on my nerves... especially DengChi and Taja... grrr.. IlHan def needs to go back to schl.. i agree with queer... Lee Seung Ki is better than him)

Guest ovette

this thread is sooo kewl! hehe... hope someone could rate one fine day and vineyard man soon.. maybe after their 3rd episode. thanks!

Reading everyone's feedback is really interesting! Here's some of my random comments too.

Spring Waltz: Okay Kimchi

I thought this one was okay, but the performances weren't as good as in some of the other seasonal dramas. Also, I thought the storyline got a bit draggy and it probably could have been done in less episodes. However, I really liked the scenery and the music was nice too.

Jumong: (watched up to episode 7): Good Kimichi

This one is really good so far, love the costumes, scenery, music, performances. It's great to watch Song Il Gook in a historical role again cuz he was awesome in Emperor of the Sea. Hopefully more romance storyline will kick in cuz right now it's more like politcal and battle stuff.

Smile Again: Okay Kimichi

I think this one started out good, but got draggy towards the end. Lee Dong Gun was really good in this one though and he played such a complex character. Kim Hee Sun had a good performance in this one, I think one of her better performances in comparision with some of her past works.

Older dramas I recently watched:

Lovers in Prague: Heavenly Kimchi

I totally loved this drama! Even though the story is kinda predictable, the cast, soundtrack and scenery was top-notch. Way exceeded my expectations and Lovers in Paris (especially the ending!) Looking forward to the next drama in the Lovers series!

Sweet Spy: Okay Kimchi

I thought the storyline was kinda corny, but I still found it interesting cuz I never watched any Kdrama like this one before. I really liked Nam Sang Mi and Lee Joo Hyun performances and Dennis O was good eye candy!

here's mine...

Jumong (Episodes 1 and 2)- Heavenly Kimchi...I really like this drama though I've seen 2 episodes so far...I'm always on camp at the drama's Soompi thread...I love the veterans in here and Song Il-kook of course. waiting for the next episodes :D

Mr. Goodbye (Episode 7)- Okay Kimchi..I honestly love Ahn Jae wook-'s dramas literally watching every drama that he has but still there are some parts of his latest drama that I don't like but I'll still continue to watch the drama

Seven Princesses (Episode 25)- Okay Kimchi...I must admit I've skipped many episodes of this drama due to hating some of the characters and I felt the drama was a little draggy but still have to catch up to this drama

Mr. Goodbye, Good Kimchi

I quite liked it. And I thought LBY did great in this drama. I like the cute lil things they have going on - like the BokJa & itchy thing. Managed to complete the drama, so it wasn't THAT bad. The english thing is only for a few episodes. I like the Young In & Hyun Suh pairing!

Great Inheritance, Heavenly Kimchi

Only about halfway through. But I like how the story develops and the kids! They are so adorable! And every episode made me want to watch the next one more. So yeah, worth a shot. I doubt I would change my mind after I complete this series.

Erm, doesnt really seem like its on-going dramas.

Shall write more next time ;D

The Kimchi thing is really cute though :D

LIST OF CURRENT DRAMAS SHOWING

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59635

Ok, lets have fun in this thread, inspired by twitchfilm's X (sorry buddy, i stole ur idea here :P dun sue me, i am ur chingoo). If you are watching any current dramas right now and would like to randomly comment on it, or dramas just shown, lets post your thoughts here. You can comment on the drama from time to time as you watch more episodes of it.

FIRST YOU CAN RATE THE CURRENT DRAMAS SHOWING RIGHT NOW:

(Rating system inspired by shirley)

Ratings:

kimchi-cover.gif

Heavenly Kimchi: Top rated dramas, amazing in everysense.

Good Kimchi: Overall good production drama.

Okay Kimchi: Sometimes good sometimes bad. Okay drama.

Bad Kimchi: Not enjoyable drama.

Smelly Kimchi: Really bad drama.

okay, that's my take.. so share your comments about the latest dramas you've watched. :) No Fighting, lets have the liberty of sharing our views ok. :P

*the ultimate bad drama will be you want to throw the smelly kimchi at the drama :ph34r:

let see what i finished recently~ in the recent months

SEO DONG'S SONG 서동요 : completed 55 esps

overall a good production from PD lee though perhaps it wont measure up to his previous work but still is a drama worthy to spend time on ..and the romance element is so intensified then his previous dramas ..okay i am woo and taken by the *.till death do us apart* love tale between Prince of Baejaek and Princess of SIlia ..though the first 20 eps or so ..cant really get into the drama fully (dun get me wrong is not that it was bad but i expected alot more ) .but the drama start to grown on you as the plot thickens and the pace fasten ...and the moment when he realise who he is ..and the drama become so much more enjoyable to the point of addictive ...and that old feeling of how good a PD lee drama is returns! ..AND I MUST STRESSED JHJ reallly is so princely ! .he is born to be in such an era look so perfect in his period role ..though at the beginning he a bit stiff and tense in his act .but overall he shown improvement in his acting and he really glows as the drama progress .~ .! (maybe because i has a soft spot for him since Love letter .and happy he took up this role in SDY and carry it well ) .....Lee Boyong is okay here (though at times i wish she can er convey more but she did not do too badly ) .she is reallly pretty as a princess !~

MR GOODBYE : watch 11 esp

Impressions: Okay Kimchi

still has some esp left to complete ......among the lot releeased this season i think this perhaps one of the few i can get past the halfmarker .it was a pretty okay drama ..AJW at least is able to act ..though the plot become abit out of focus on the hotel issues it was like er do they really work there .and as if his assignment to korea seem to be like forgetten ! ...LBY with her cute expression being overused .till ..well it is turning to be wearily to watch her i hope she improve at the last few esp ..~

the most favouirte person i like is the kid in here ..yoon is just so adorableeeee.~! the story slow down abit around esp 9 or about ..now it seem at esp 11 it start to pick up again .

ALONE IN LOVE : completed 16 esp

must be one of those rare drama that everything ( script , cast , music etc ) work like magic .simply a must watch .!~ .the drama draw you in like magic once you start it ..you share the loneliness of characters as well as their fear of love ...yet you also feel that yearning of them .for love .as well ...marvellous performance by all cast ...and wonderful lines written .that are such memorable quotes ...! this is a drama that make you realise why you are still watching dramas .just to find something like this .gem

BAD FAMILY : completed

Impressions: GOOD Kimchi

it just miss out abit to become heavenly but it was a reallly good production for a genre like this .and amazingly is the cast who make this script works so well ! ..KMM and NSM .~ they have such good chemisty ..and Kiim Myung Min .he still as good in such a role and Nam Sang Mi .is becoming such a potential new talent ~! it is sweet to see an actress who dun need to try too hard to be funnie ..(gosh i was sooooo happy when i heard the news that Han CHae Yong decline the role and NSM was taking over !! THANK GOD the best thing that happen ) AND THE ENTURE FAMILY !....just make you want to get into their living room and share their stories ! ..haha i love the cast here .!! .this is good acting at work ! should watch ! .

SPRING WALTZ : completed

Impressions: OKAY Kimchi

Personally .i feel this drama wasnt really as bad as what others perceived it is ....! i think it was really so much better then what i expected ..and my expectation was er near to nil .haha ..maybe that sort of explain when it caught me off guard i was drawn to the drama at the intial esp .. ...! granted the script is still .welll .it went downhill but it does pick up abit towards the end .but i find the cast watchable .and the scenery i really have no complains on PD yoon ability to caputure such perfect scenes .er if only he had applied that to his script too .that will really BE A BIG HELP .you cant really keep giving me picture perfect scenes but alas .the script .do .has some potential .~at the start! ..the cast did whatever they can with er ..the limited material they can get .for new comers ...SDY AND HHJ did rather welll ..~ AND DANNIEL is so AWW! too handsome to resist ..! ~

Guest xingjing

Ooh, this is actually really helpful for me. Because then I can choose which dramas I want to watch or not. Really, really good idea.

I have yet to catch up to all these Korean dramas. God, what am I doing?!

Fireworks

Smelly, smelly Kimchi

Oh my. Where to begin? At first I thought it would be original. It was rather funny. And then it goes completely downhill and you're wondering, just who is the main character? The antagonist?! No! You get so confused as to why the antagonist gets so much screen time and get VERY pissed off, as in my case.

Nonetheless, if you're a hard-core avid fan of Kang Jihwan, like me, then, go ahead. Evil prevails throughout this whole drama... until the very end when the PD decides it's time to swing in the actual protagonist and leave it at a happy ending.

Guest Pyoungsang

I find shirley's rating system amusing but you know that old smelly kimchee is perfect for kimchee jjigae (kimchee stew)? Nevertheless, I see what you're getting at shirely! Have you ever had heavenly kimchee? My mom used to make heavenly kimchee ... emm it was truely like eating a slice of heaven. SHe's kinda rusty now since she's too busy to cook much anymore.

Guest dbsgxlova

lol i wanna join in :D

HEAVEN'S TREE 8 episodes

BAD KIMCHI... very bad >.< I love Lee Wan and there WERE some cute parts in the drama... but gawd. the plot is SO friggin unrealistic! I mean obviously its not going to be completely realistic (most dramas arent) but its just... SO SO SO very unrealistic... got on my nerves... and I used to like Park ShinHye but her acting really was like al;sijgal;skdgj in this drama... esp. when she kept saying "oppa... oppa"... and im a sucker for chick flicks and all... but this drama was too corny even for my liking

WONDERFUL LIFE 6 episodes

OKAY KIMCHI... it has its great moments... and then it has its not so great moments... I really like Eugene's acting in this drama... and Kim Jae Won is frkn adorable... the plot, although somewhat unrealistic, still manages to keep you interested

SPRING WALTZ 15 episodes

OKAY KIMCHI... When I first started watching this drama, i was SO hooked... the whole feeling of the drama, from the looks to the sound, was just... pretty? and the plot seemed refreshing, not to mention I loved the actors... but towards the middle it really started to drag, and you just feel like "where is this going"... I lost interest and I never finished the drama :(

someone please recommend me some heavenly kimchi... i think the last good drama i watched was misa T_T where have all the good dramas goneeee :(

Guest LoH_Ter

lol i wanna join in :D

HEAVEN'S TREE 8 episodes

BAD KIMCHI... very bad >.< I love Lee Wan and there WERE some cute parts in the drama... but gawd. the plot is SO friggin unrealistic! I mean obviously its not going to be completely realistic (most dramas arent) but its just... SO SO SO very unrealistic... got on my nerves... and I used to like Park ShinHye but her acting really was like al;sijgal;skdgj in this drama... esp. when she kept saying "oppa... oppa"... and im a sucker for chick flicks and all... but this drama was too corny even for my liking

WONDERFUL LIFE 6 episodes

OKAY KIMCHI... it has its great moments... and then it has its not so great moments... I really like Eugene's acting in this drama... and Kim Jae Won is frkn adorable... the plot, although somewhat unrealistic, still manages to keep you interested

SPRING WALTZ 15 episodes

OKAY KIMCHI... When I first started watching this drama, i was SO hooked... the whole feeling of the drama, from the looks to the sound, was just... pretty? and the plot seemed refreshing, not to mention I loved the actors... but towards the middle it really started to drag, and you just feel like "where is this going"... I lost interest and I never finished the drama :(

someone please recommend me some heavenly kimchi... i think the last good drama i watched was misa T_T where have all the good dramas goneeee :(

Have you tried Bad Family and JuMong... they're both oh-so-delicious. Also, if you scroll up, some people listed other heavenly kimchee's and good kimchee's, but I haven't seen those, so I'm not in any position to recommend them ^_^. You may want to check them out, though O.O.

I find shirley's rating system amusing but you know that old smelly kimchee is perfect for kimchee jjigae (kimchee stew)? Nevertheless, I see what you're getting at shirely! Have you ever had heavenly kimchee? My mom used to make heavenly kimchee ... emm it was truely like eating a slice of heaven. SHe's kinda rusty now since she's too busy to cook much anymore.

i never knew smelly kimchi was used for kimchi jjigae.. i loveeeeee kimchi jjigae~~~~~

all these kimchi talk makes me want to eat KIMCHI!!!!! :D

i enjoyed reading everyone's comments :) hehe.. xingjing.. i feel ya :) we could have both set our own mission to kill park eun hye or the writer sooner.. stupid script really. to be less violent, maybe we can use shirley's method of throwing smelly kimchi at the writers or the character we hate instead.

Guest dramaok

i think all kimchi is supposed to smell. ^^

sometimes the stinkiest is the best.

but maybe not in drama terms. ^^

alone in love (completed)

heavenly kimchi

this is one kimchi you would pay $20 an ounce to get,

the kinda kimchi you travel all the way through the backroads of a countryside to taste.

seriously it's a rare accomplishment in tv drama. you could not get a more perfect cast, script, music, all on queue.

son yejin and gam wooseong will mesmorize you and the background music together with the poignant and witty dialogues will throw you into a dreamy state.

come back, soon-ae (5 episodes)

great kimchi

okay so the idea that 2 ppl switch bodies is outrageous even for drama,

BUT as a result of this you get to experience something you otherwise wouldn't!

soonae gets to see what it's like to be 'the other woman' who cho won gets a chance to see what her life in 10 years is like.

it's a silly concept but very refreshing. the acting by shim hye jin and park jin hee especially is hilarious. i have not laughed out loud this much while watching a drama in years.

i can do without yoon da hoon scenes, but to his credit, he does come off as the jerky dorky cheating husband quite well.

this is a kimchi that you serve when you have company, definitely not the kimchi you fry up or stew.

jumong (19 ep.)

great kimchi with potential to be heavenly

i guess it's not surprising when you consider the cast and crew's credentials. the chemistry between song il guk and han hye jin isn't as great as i'd like, but it's early.

it's actually inspired me to learn more about early korean history. something i have not paid attention to since i was in elementary school.

it's the kinda kimchi you would buy a kimchi fridge for. savor it and treasure it like gold.

pure 19 (46 ep.)

good kimchi so far

it's the kimchi you get addicted and look forward to having with your supper.

not too strong, not too plain, just enough to have you hooked.

it's perfect with ramyun or soju. it's not a culinary art by itself but it will make everything that must tastier.

sure the plot has a lotta cliche elements but goo hyeseon is irresistable, even from another woman's perspective,

and she more than makes up for any holes in the script.

infamous chil sisters (26 ep.)

okay kimchi

definitely has some great elements. touching and funny here and there, but lots of fillers in between that are boring.

nothing special but at least it's not stinky.

101 proposal (completed)

okay kimchi but it's a bit on the smelly side

i actually don't think this was underrated. sure the acting from park seon young and lee moon shik are great.

but just because they're underrated and they deserve more attention doesn't make this a better drama.

the beauty and the beast concept is a bit offensive. and lee moon shik's character acts like a retard half the time.

while park seon young's character has too much good-girl complex it's annoying after a while. i didn't really enoy this but i agree the acting was good.

invisible man jangsu (6 ep.)

too early to tell.

it has potential to be great kimchi, but it all depands on how the weather, the garlic and the ginger, and everything else mix together in the next few episodes.

it's just too early to tell. gotta wait for the fermentation to complete. it sure smells promising though.

one fine day (completed. okay i fastforwarded most of it but made it to the end)

stinky bad kimchi

this should be a poster drama for 'beautiful faces alone is not reason enough to make a drama'.

seong yuri. hm. i actually met her in real life and she's prettier than onscreen, BUT she seriously cannot act.

her fans are saying she's improved and that's noble of them. i get it. they're fans. but she has the same frozen look the entire time.

plus for a singer, her voice is so not interesting. monotoneous with less than great pronounciation. to make things worse, they put 3 other bad actors in the mix.

gosh and the script. what can i say. nothing is good in this drama.

spring waltz. (completed)

pretty but bad kimchi

i think i could write a better script drunk. you can mute the volumn and still predict what's happening.

everything's so slow. so many same scenes repeated. this is a good visual lullaby i suppose.

what a disappointment. i wouldn't even make kimchi soup with this.

fireworks. (watched 9 ep.)

horrible kimchi

are you kidding me? is this really supposed to be kimchi? who wrote this?

smile again (completed. lots fastforward)

bad kimchi

kim hee seon should seriously take some acting lessons.

which star are you from. (completed)

bad kimchi

hm.. bad script to start. kim raewon, not a bad actor.

what went wrong? hm. i don't know too much garlic or something plus jeong ryeo won she should consider going back to her singing career.

Archived