• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ferrel2010

[TRANS] 120902 Movie Week Magazine – Kim Jaejoong’s ‘Here Comes Jackal’‏

2v96s1l.jpg

344p7jr.jpg

To place the term ‘Actor’ in front of Kim Jaejoong’s name was a bit unbelieving at first. The handsome features and the almost perfect performances on stage, his overwhelming charisma is able to capture the audiences within minutes. Perhaps you might have mistaken ‘Hero Jaejoong’ is all what Kim Jaejoong can offer. Thinking of the look of the real-life Kim Jaejoong with his poised standing, it gave a indescribable extraordinary feeling. Collaborating with other actors is also a problem. Will he able to put down his strong presence while standing among them and will he be able to digest the character naturally? The most curious of all is, ‘how far does Kim Jaejoong intend to walk on this acting route?’

Acting, is something one had to leave his shame away and to meet abruptly with a side of oneself that one has not realised before. It is a thing that needs a lot of determination. Drama ‘Protect The Boss’ is the immediate answer to these doubts. (As his first drama ‘Sunao Ni Narenakute’ is a Japanese drama , thus it will not be discussed here.) Acting as the chaebol successor Cha Mu Won, he was somehow stiff though it was unsure where went wrong. But as he started to indulge in Cha Mu Won’s charm, Kim Jaejoong’s expression starts to become even more gentle. As an actor, Kim Jaejoong is still filled with charisma as the ‘Hero Jaejoong’ on stage. The uncertain accent and enunciation during the first half of the drama gradually stabilised and gained its own piece of success. Most importantly, he as a new actor, showed that he really did his best effort. In the recently ended saeguk drama ‘Dr Jin’, Kim Jaejoong perfectly completed his own share of work.

As an actor and as a singer, his images are very different. Rather than being extrovert, he displayed the controlling of his feelings. Therefore at times, he might seems unstable. But he is certainly moving forward. Up till now, though all his characters are leading roles but it can be said that they were “supporting roles of leading roles’ standard”. Therefore, to review his success on acting based on these two dramas, it might be too early for a verdict.

Kim Jaejoong’s official leading role is his role in comedy film, ‘Here Comes Jackal’. He is acting as ‘Cho Hyun’, a perfectionist idol star. In fact he is a bit ‘blur’ and is a charming character. Kim Jaejoong and Song Ji Hyo’s collaboration is as though a table tennis match where they work with each other to and fro. How these scenes developed will become the important points of this film. If he can even do well in a comedy, his acting genre will perhaps be expanded once more.

In ‘Dr Jin’, in the scene where he whimpered and shouted, ‘Please stay alive’ to his dying father, it seems as though he became the character. That crying scene led the viewers in awe.

“No matter what it is, in the beginning, the most important aspect is honesty. One has to prepare the basics then think about moving forward to gain something else. This should be the correct way. Therefore no matter when, I want to prepare a lot more earlier and a lot more things. Additionally, to remove the title of ‘Kim Jaejoong’ and not be afraid of getting into the character. Naturally, I will be able to act well. In ‘Here Comes Jackal’, firstly, I leave behind the title ‘Kim Jaejoong’. This is the most basic and the most difficult. Then I analysed the character. Rather than drawing out the acting skills within me, as I am still a piece of white paper, I focused on observing and learning from the seniors. Therefore at the filming site, be it be joking with the seniors, I will listened well. And gradually the ambition to be better.” – Kim Jaejoong

Source: Movie Week Magazine via www.kimjaejoongbar.com
Pics Credit: jaef126
Translation Credit: rachui@sharingyoochun.net
Shared by: JYJ3

Guest ferrel2010

[TRANS] 120903 Movieweek Magazine N° 544 ~ Kim Jaejoong – The Joy of Seeing an Actor Gradually Evolve

Filmography
[Jackal is coming] (Working title, planned to be released in the latter half of the year)
[Dr. Jin] (MBC)
[Protect the Boss] (SBS, 2011)

~

It’s true that, in the beginning, it was not that easy to associate the modifier ‘Actor’ with the name Kim Jaejoong.

Vivid facial features, close-to-perfect artistic performances, ‘Hero Jaejoong’, just a few minutes on stage, has captivated the audience with his overwhelming charisma. But we can’t even know if we have mistaken this ‘Hero Jaejoong’ for all that Kim Jaejoong has. The mere fact of seeing Kim Jaejoong standing on his two feet in front of us, occupying the same space-time was itself somewhat incongruous (T/N: The writer means that seeing Kim Jaejoong in everyday settings is hard to believe). The harmony with other actors was also the same.

Could he be intermixed with the actors? Could he put down his original well-built image and wear the character’s clothes without reservation? Above all, the question was, “Where will Kim Jaejoong be willing to make his way to?” Sometimes, acting is to display own weakness for all to see. Sometimes, it requires a quite big determination to all of a sudden face another side of self which hasn’t been shown. These questions were dispelled at one stroke by the drama [Protect the Boss].

Wearing the clothes of the 2nd generation chaebol Cha Muwon, he was somehow stiff at first. Of course, one of the reasons was that Cha Muwon character itself was strained. However, after Cha Muwon fell in love, Kim Jaejoong’s face also began to loosen up. Actor Kim Jaejoong who has discharged his force was also attractive like ‘Hero Jaejoong’ on stage. The somewhat unstable vocalization and pronunciation at the beginning of the drama have gradually become steady. Most of all, he has shown his best to prove that he could make it as a rookie actor. Not long ago, even in fusion sageuk drama [Dr. Jin], no one can raise objection to the fact that he has truly achieved his part.

His path as an actor is quite different to the days where he was greeted with acclamation as a singer.

He’s showing moderate emotions instead of excessive ones. Up till now, the roles he took were always in the main cast, but it was close to ‘lead-role-level supporting roles’. Therefore, with these two dramas, there is still something not quite satisfied when we talk about his acting accomplishments. [Jackal is coming] (Working title) is a comedy movie where Kim Jaejoong comes out as the real top main cast.

His character is Choi Hyun who seems to be a perfectionist idol star but is actually a heodang (T/N: a clumsy and immature person or a person who can do nothing good in a particular field). The point that we can focus on in this movie is how Song Jihyo and Kim Jaejoong will act harmoniously together like a ‘Ping-Pong game’ in the scenes where things need to be disentangled. If he can unabashedly perform comedy acting, his magnetic field in acting will be once again fast extended.

Source: Movieweek Magazine
Translated by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ
Shared by: PrinceJJ

[sCANS] 120831 “Jackal is Coming” featured in Movie Week Magazine

A brief explanation of Kim Jaejoong(as Choi Hyeon)’s character in the movie Jackal Is Coming:

“The role of Choi Hyeon he took on is that of a perfectionist idol star but in reality it is ‘Heo-Dang’ an interesting twist which adds zest to the movie. It’s the point of the movie that how Kim Jaejoong and Song Jihyo were able to manage the scenes like a ping pong game as they trade their lines wittily.”

*Heo-Dang means a person who is not serious, clumsy and immature.

2v96s1l.jpg

344p7jr.jpg

Source: jaef126
Translated by: @126×204

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ferrel2010

[ENG SUB] 120914 OBS Jaejoong and Jihyo talk about XXXX scenes in their movie Jackal Is Coming

share by:jyj3Translated & subbed by: @126×204  [ENG SUB] 120914 Y★Star: Jaejoong and Jihyo at the poster shooting for 'Jackal Is Coming'   

share by:jyj3Translated & subbed by: @126×204

120918 KBS - JYJ 재중 Jaejoong 생생정보통 FULL 자칼 포스터 촬영 Jackal poster shooting 

share by:jyj3

120918 ETN News: Kim Jaejoong – “Jackal is Coming” Photo Shooting

[TRANSCRIPT]

Note: Since the content of the four videos (Ystar, OBS, KBS and ETN) is almost same, I don’t think I still need to sub the other two (KBS & ETN), so instead I just translated some parts that were not shown on Ystar & OBS!

@1:34

Jaejoong explains a bit of his character/the story of movie.

He is a Hallyu star, but after he got kidnapped, through some happenings the things that a star should never show come out in one day.

@2:54

Q. How was acting with each other.

Jihyo: We worked in perfect harmony, so we even told each other that ‘Thank you for accepting (each other’s lines well) and leading me well’.

[Jaejoong suddenly starts to be gentle to Jihyo, saying "oh here, your hair landed on your nose" and playfully trying to take it off and Jihyo laughs :D ]

@3:25

Q. If you evaluate Jaejoong’s acting?

When I watch him (acting) closely, it seems like the most fitting acting (probably, she meant ‘genre’) for him is comedy. It’s so~~ fun to be with him, really. If you see the movie, you will know why Jaejoong said he would take on this role. It’s exactly Jaejoong’s role. (= Jaejoong perfectly fits the role)

@3:49

Q. If you were a real killer?

Jihyo: I will kidnap Jaejoongie.

Jaejoong: I wanted to kidnap the eyes of Jihyo nuna’s. I’ve always thought she is a person with very beautiful eyes, but… how…? I can’t pluck away the eyes only?! LOL

***Jihyo said the movie is rated 15 (=PG13)

Credit: JJYCJS2
Translated by: Sofia (@126×204)
Shared By: JYJ3

Guest ferrel2010

120923 ‘Code Name: Jackal’ Poster in Busan International Film Festival Guidebook/Brochure

102s9kj.jpg

MORE INFO:

The original uploader JYJ fan is the one who made BIFF brochure.
She uploaded the picture as soon as she finished & handed it to the publishing company.
The brochure is slated to be published next week.
And she calls the brochure “Asian Film Market Guide Book”.
Asian Film Market is one of BIFF’s official divisions.

Asian Film Market: Launched in 2006 as a comprehensive marketplace for the array of industry events at the Busan International Film Festival, the Asian Film Market laid down its cornerstone as the new hub of the Asian film industry, organizations and institutes participating from around the world.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busan_International_Film_Festival)
Asian Film Market website: http://www.asianfilmmarket.org

So.. I think that’s why the official English title (for export) of the movie “Code Name: Jackal” is used in the poster, as this English title was first mentioned by Screendaily before.

Credits: 히야신스 of JYJ Telzone + @126×204

Guest ferrel2010

120928 Kim Jaejoong and Song Jihyo will attend Busan International Film Festival (BIFF)

Kim Jaejoong and Song Jihyo will attend Busan International Film Festival on October 5th, 2012 at 17:50hrs

T/N: BIFF is held annually in Haeundae-gu, Busan (also Pusan), South Korea, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
The focus of the BIFF is introducing new films and first-time directors, especially those from Asian countries. Another notable feature is the appeal of the festival to young people, both in terms of the large youthful audience it attracts and through its efforts to develop and promote young talent.

25gw4uq.png

it: BIFF.kr + @luvjej

Guest ferrel2010

[NEWS] JYJ Jaejoong attends Busan International Film Festival with the film ‘Jackal’s Coming’

axn02t.jpg

Jaejoong Kim, a member of JYJ, is visiting Busan as an actor.

Jaejoong Kim is due to attend the 17th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) with Jihyo Song, the actress he starred in the film <Jackal’s Coming>(director: Hyung Jun Bae).

Jaejoong Kim and Jihyo Song, the actor and actress for the leading roles of <Jackal’s Coming>, will be having stage greeting event at BIFF Village at Haeundae, Busan and meeting movie fans on October 05.

The movie <Jackal’s Coming> is a comedy movie telling an episode about that a clumsy female killer kidnaps a popular singer and tries to kill him with extraordinary way as she was ordered while the police is chasing them.

Credit: TVdaily
Translated by http://dedicatee.wordpress.com

Can't wait to watch Jaejoong & Jihyo on the red carpet!!!!!  :x  :x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alvina_pooh88

Thanks ferrel2010 for keep updating us about this movie!
Can't wait till it hits the theater Already rooting for this couple, Top Star Choi Hyun ( Kim Jaejoong ) and Killer Min Jung ( JiHyo )  :x :x :x
November please come faster! 

Guest jjsweeter0211

Offical posters for Jackal Is Coming

by javabeans | October 10, 2012 |

jackal5.jpg

Posters are out for Jaejoong and Song Ji-hyo’s upcoming action-comedy movie The Jackal Is Coming, which is gearing up with promos now that it’s about a month out from its theatrical release.

The premise of the movie alone is enough to hook my interest—a hitwoman is hired to kidnap a pop star, and complications ensue—and the posters and taglines highlight the comic potential further. For instance, Jaejoong’s poster reads: “Radiant pretty-boy looks, ladykiller, top star Choi Hyun.” He’s sitting on a throne, beckoning to you, wearing what looks like fur legwarmers. Ah, idol fashion. Hyun seems outwardly polite and friendly, but in actuality “a king pain in the richard simmons” (heh) with haughty airs.

Then there’s Song Ji-hyo, striking a Charlie’s Angel pose and wielding a handgun, whose tagline reads: “Taught by Léon, acknowledged by Kill Bill, legendary killer Bong Min-jung.” Something tells me that career winning streak is about to end. Since she’s probably gonna fall in love with the richard simmons celebrity, can we at least have her kick his butt around a little first? Something tells me he could use some ego smackdowns.

Below that poster is Han Sang-jin’s (Angel’s Temptation, Sons of Sol Pharmacy): “Former FBI, utterly inflexible, secret agent Team Leader Shin.” Oh Dal-soo (The Thieves) stars as Squad Chief Ma: “Rural detective and pervert with animalistic senses.” Which, ha. And Kim Sung-ryung (The Client, Bang-ja Chronicle) is Angela, “The flower boy star’s sponsor.” Omo! So he’s a kept man? HA, that cracks me up.

At bottom are photos from the recent red carpet of the 17th Busan International Film Festival’s opening ceremony, from October 4. Yeah, they’re looking pretty flawless.

The movie opens in November.

jackal6.jpg

jackal7.jpg

jackal8.jpg

jackal9.jpg

jackal11.jpg

jackal10.jpg

Via Chosun

Guest onelargeportion

Thank you for the info and pictures

Definitely can't wait for this movie. It looks like it will be good movie, fun and enjoyable. The most important one is, my mong ji is there, together with jaejoong. ji hyo even said that jaejoong is really good in comedy genre. for me, the actor who can pulls off comedy genre, is the versatile actor. so fighting for ji hyo, jaejoongie and jackal is coming.

Thank you for the info and pictures

Definitely can't wait for this movie. It looks like it will be good movie, fun and enjoyable. The most important one is, my mong ji is there, together with jaejoong. ji hyo even said that jaejoong is really good in comedy genre. for me, the actor who can pulls off comedy genre, is the versatile actor. so fighting for ji hyo, jaejoongie and jackal is coming.

i think the comedian part is built-in and integrated in his personality ^.^

when will this come out <3

Guest onelargeportion

@vzmeiin

i think it's 5th Nov, still counting for the VIP premier. Personally i can't wait for the guests opinion on this film. I hope i can watch it by this year too  8->
on the side note:hope for ji hyo and jj's kissing scene(s),if they had.

Guest true_stars

waiting for the film ^^
Kim Jaejoong Fighting!!
A5RQAB8CcAA2oVI.jpg

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 36px; font-style: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0.3em; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 48px; "[NEWS] 121015 “Jackal is Coming” Showcase Faces Emergency Due Hallyu Star Kim Jaejoong’s High PopularityPosted on October 15, 2012 by Ceci

code-name-jackal2.jpg?w=584

The staff of the movie ‘The Jackal is Coming’ has experienced the immense popularity of Hallyu Star Kim Jaejoong.

The filmmakers had to suspend volunteers from sending in flower and rice wreaths to the [showcase] location after inquiries kept pouring in. The showcase is to be held on the 16thin the Blue Square Samsung Electronics Hall in Hannam-dong, Seoul.

Officials for the movie have stated “Starting a month ago we were inundated with wreath inquires from Hallyu Star Kim Jaejoong’s domestic fanclubs as well as fans from Japan, China and other overseas countries. The amount of support wreaths that the fanclubs wanted to send ended up being too great. And though we were grateful to receive so much attention, we had to decline the offers because they were not able to meet the dimension specifications [of the venue].” 

The Samsung Blue Square, were the showcase will be held on the 16th, is a briefing venue that has 1000 seats. Because it is a smaller space, and a large amount of fans want to attend, the staff is paying special attention in order to fight congestion problems. Guard personnel will be deployed in the venue in order to help control the crowds, keep the fans safe, and check for any fake press outlets trying to get inside the showcase.

“The Jackal is Coming” starring Kim Jaejoong and Song JiHyo is a film about a killer who kidnaps Korea’s most popular star, and it is expected to be one of the top releases of November.

Source: Sports Seoul
Translated by: Yule @ PrinceJJ
Shared by: PrinceJJ

Archived