Do you believes 'the Cyber Love' with the Korean guy?

Guest W.W.me

Guest W.W.me

Me and My korean boyfriend met on the web. Do you this is possible??
Me and My korean boyfriend Lee.K met on the web site named 'ranchat(.com. maybe you guys doesnt know this site but it is got cool at the korea right now)' 

Its been 6 month already. 

At the first time he said 'will you be my girl?' to me, 

I don't believe that sweet sweet talking at that time. Because we both knows we are seperated 1303 miles!

But after 1 month since that romantic propose, I became into him. yes I did.

He did his best (and still :)) and I did also.

We met off-line three times, through around the world (while seeing each others face on the webcam every night).

And finally each others sweety.

So Id like to ask you, do you guys believes the Cyber Love?

As for me, Yes I do!

If you guys believes this cyber love or not as a true, we having great time by each others side

(He really well know about the K-pop, and sometimes He singing for me on the skype)

I know It could be a just good memorie in the future, but I don't care because I feel happy now.

In shorts,

If there are some girls who wants to get a good korean guy, than I say "USE YOUR COMPUTER!"

thats all. very easy:) )

(If you want to see a picture of my boyfriend, just come my profile. thanks)

This reminds me of a girl who has a blog on dating a korean guy and the stereotypes etc lol. 

To answer your question, I believe in it but I'm not the ldr type. I've been through some before, and I came to realize that I just can't really deal with it. If you are enjoying it, just go with flow. 

Guest .autumn.

I don't see anything wrong in it but I would never date someone I meet online. I have to meet him first in person and I like going on physical dates. Lol. But that's just me and I'm just very traditional in that aspect!

Guest MKHnic

One of my best friends is married to a guy she met online and they were on opposite sides of the world. As soon as they decided to be serious they took immediate steps to be together in real life. I think that is important. Online relationships that drag on for too long without being together in person usually fail. However, meeting someone online and then meeting in real life is not that different from meeting someone in your local pub. It's just one way of meeting someone and if the couple end up being together in real life it doesn't matter how they first met.

I didn't have an online relationship with my Korean husband as we were living in the same city but we had to take some serious steps a bit earlier than I would have done with an Australian guy simply because visa issues could have meant that we would be separated for a long time. We decided early on to be committed and did everything to make the relationship work... and we are very happy.

In online relationships you have to make some big decisions earlier than you might have to when with someone who lives near you.

Guest Oegukeen

This reminds me of a girl who has a blog on dating a korean guy and the stereotypes etc

I wonder who that is ;)

Guest Angel1430267648

I went to go check out the website ranchat.com after reading this thread and the first thing I saw was this chick on the corner doing all these weird movements and expressions :huh:

Anyway I agree with MKHnic, it can work out if the online dating doesn't drag on, like make plans to see each other more often or move together.

Guest nana544

In shorts,

If there are some girls who wants to get a good korean guy, than I say "USE YOUR COMPUTER!"

thats all. very easy:) )

I have to ROFL. LOL, anyways, I think it's great just as long as the two people make it official by seeing each other in real life.

Guest Oegukeen

I don't get why the fact that he's Korean even matters? Some of you guys treat Koreans like they're a completely alien species lol.

If I went around talking about "my black girlfriend" this, "my black girlfriend" that, people would look at me like I was a weirdo. I don't understand why their ethnicity is even a topic of conversation in 99% of these threads.

I agree with you, but may I point out that your comparison is not very good. Black is a skin color. Korean is a nationality which is also connected to a culture. A Black person can be American, French, Ugandan or even Korean in rare cases.

And I think a good rule is to let people do and talk about whatever they want as long as they are not hurting anyone. We shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Rather than judge these girls, judge those that pull their eyes when I pass them by with my Korean boyfriend. They are the problem.

Guest 43829

judge those that pull their eyes when I pass them by with my Korean boyfriend.

Lmao. I've seen your posts around this forum before. You sound exactly like one of those little kids that have yet to grow up, still in that phase where you have to shove every little thing about you into every conversation. You over estimate the amount of people that give a damn about you and your boyfriend

Another thing, your sig makes it look like Koreans are a type of animal/pet.

Guest dot.1430279747

Being on an online relationship is difficult, tiring, and straining.  I would know, as I have been in one.  It's not something I share with people because for so long, it was such a sensitive topic, I was young and stupid and in love.  Heck, I still have feelings for him to this day but I've learned to move on. 

At first, you will think you can both do it, and if you love each other then you guys would be able to pull off an online relationship.  You're probably aware that it is a lot of work but you're willing to sacrifice it to be with the other person because they make you happy, but you will learn that you both live on different sides of the world, and you're meeting people, people who you can physically be with every day.  The physical torture is enough, you'll be wanting what you used to have with him, think about the way he'd touch you, kiss you and would want it all again but you cant because he is miles away and we all need some loving.  If you think about it, the only time that you are in his life, and he is in yours is when you are skyping/talking/texting with him, but you can never truly be with him.  Your relationship revolves around technology.  You will both meet somebody else eventually. 

You also need to consider time differences, and the fact that since the both of you still have your own life, one of you will try and revolve your time around the other person's schedule and in doing so, neglecting the real people and relationships in your life.  

I could go on, but i think you can get a sense that I think no, online relationships don't generally work, but if you are that lucky couple who gets passed it all, congratulations.  I thought me and my man would be that lucky couple, turns out we drifted because of our busy lifestyle, and not enough time for each other.  It was beautiful while it lasted though.  

Guest MKHnic

These threads make no sense to me. I don't get why the fact that he's Korean even matters? Some of you guys treat Koreans like they're a completely alien species lol.

If I went around talking about "my black girlfriend" this, "my black girlfriend" that, people would look at me like I was a weirdo. I don't understand why their ethnicity is even a topic of conversation in 99% of these threads.

If people grow up in the same country then there may be not much difference (though there can still be some to some extent). But if two people grow up in completely different countries and then marry- there are huge differences! Of course it's a topic for conversation! It's a neverending conversation as you work out differences and it involves families and friends. People are interested. It's not about skin colour.

I chose the name My Korean Husband for my blog simply because it was logical but my blog is not just about my husband, it's about Korean culture as well. I don't know what other types of blogs there are about Korean guys but people can write whatever they want. If people are talking about it than there is a real interest in it. Assuming that a Korean guy is just like all guys in your own culture is pretty ignorant and those that have successful relationships with someone from another culture are always aware of the differences.

Right now I am in rural Korea with my parents and my husband preparing for our traditional wedding with his family. Our cultures is a constant dialogue. Things always need explaining and have to be talked about. If my parents treated my husband's family exactly how they treat Australians back home there would be big problems. Koreans may not be an alien species but you can't assume you they are exactly like you either.

Even in Australia, I have a classmate who is marrying a Korean man but his family live in a Korean community and his parents don't even speak English after being in Australia for 15 years. If she approached her relationship with him and his parents the same way she would with an Australian guy then her relationship woould have ended a long time ago.

Of course people need to talk about these things in order to understand them.

Guest Oegukeen

If people grow up in the same country then there may be not much difference (though there can still be some to some extent). But if two people grow up in completely different countries and then marry- there are huge differences! Of course it's a topic for conversation! It's a neverending conversation as you work out differences and it involves families and friends. People are interested. It's not about skin colour.

This is very well said.

My girlfriend is Korean but I haven't ever called her "my Korean girlfriend," because it's not really relevant to 99% of the discussions here (or in real life).

It is relevant when I am talking about strangers on the street pulling their eyes at my boyfriend. It wouldn't make much sense if my boyfriend was black or white, would it?

Guest MKHnic

I got that feeling a little bit too.

My girlfriend is Korean but I haven't ever called her "my Korean girlfriend," because it's not really relevant to 99% of the discussions here (or in real life). To me she's a great, unique, really fun person who understands me, and who is twice the video game nerd I am which I find really attractive lol. The fact that she's Korean is an afterthought, it's a big part of her but not what defines her in my eyes.

Is she a Korean not living in Korea though? Because I can see how it can be like that. There is a big difference between Koreans who spent most of their life in another country or easily adopt the culture of another country to Koreans that are Koreans living in Korea. My husband's koreaness is an integral part of him. One of the reasons I am learning Korean with the intent of being fluent is so I can fully understand and appreciate his culture. His culture is not an afterthought for me and it would be disrespectful of me to treat it in our relationship as an afterthought.

That's just how our relationship is but I know everyone's relationships are different.

I chose the name My Korean Husband for my blog simply because it was logical but my blog is not just about my husband, it's about Korean culture as well. I don't know what other types of blogs there are about Korean guys but people can write whatever they want. If people are talking about it than there is a real interest in it. Assuming that a Korean guy is just like all guys in your own culture is pretty ignorant and those that have successful relationships with someone from another culture are always aware of the differences.

Okay sure, but assuming that one Korean guy is like all Korean guys in the entire country is pretty ignorant too. Not every guy in Korea is the same. I admit, there will be customs that do translate to the good majority of the Korean population, but that's something these people should ask their significant others/crushes and not resort to googling "How to date a Korean?". If you really wanted to help foreigners understand Korean culture, then you wouldn't have named your website "mykoreanhusband.com" and instead named it something along the lines of "aforeignerinkorea.com" or "understandingkorea.com". You guys really seem to revel in the fact that your significant others are Korean and I think that's what Lie wanted to highlight.

It is relevant when I am talking about strangers on the street pulling their eyes at my boyfriend. It wouldn't make much sense if my boyfriend was black or white, would it?

Maybe the people staring at you aren't used to seeing Asian people. Maybe the people staring at you have a problem with interracial couples. Maybe the people staring at you are straight up bigots. Maybe they weren't even looking at him at all and it's all just in your head. We will never know, but I'm pretty sure they have no idea that your boyfriend is specifically Korean...

Guest MKHnic

Okay sure, but assuming that one Korean guy is like all Korean guys in the entire country is pretty ignorant too. Not every guy in Korea is the same. I admit, there will be customs that do translate to the good majority of the Korean population, but that's something these people should ask their significant others/crushes and not resort to googling "How to date a Korean?". If you really wanted to help foreigners understand Korean culture, then you wouldn't have named your website "mykoreanhusband.com" and instead named it something along the lines of "aforeignerinkorea.com" or "understandingkorea.com". You guys really seem to revel in the fact that your significant others are Korean and I think that's what Lie wanted to highlight.

You obviously I have no idea about what my website is about. It's not about how Korean guys are or how to date a Korean guy. It is about my husband plus my experiences of Korean culture. My husband is an individual and I make comics about him and his individualism. Korean culture I experience is because my husband is Korean. So explaining my husband is Korean is pretty logical because everything stems from that. I just happened to marry a Korean guy. My website isn't a go to place for foreigners to understand Korean culture. It is a personal blog where I chronicle things that happen in my life because I am married to a Korean guy. It's my own story and how my life has changed because of who I married. I was never the type of girl obsessed with K-pop and Korean boys, it just turned out that I married a Korean guy. Actually my husband and his family are the biggest fans of my blog.

Guest Oegukeen

Maybe the people staring at you aren't used to seeing Asian people. Maybe the people staring at you have a problem with interracial couples. Maybe the people staring at you are straight up bigots. Maybe they weren't even looking at him at all and it's all just in your head. We will never know, but I'm pretty sure they have no idea that your boyfriend is specifically Korean...

I didn't say they stare. I said pull their eyes. As in grab the corners of their eyes with their fingers and stretch them. If that's just in my head, then I have some serious problems.

If I said Asian instead of Korean, then he might as well be Indian, or Afgan. Why does it bother you so that I mentioned country he is from? I am not proud he is Korean. But I am damn not ashamed of it either.

MKHnic you shouldn't feel the need to justify yourself to one or two individuals here who seem to have a problem with us. Why you chose your husband, and why you chose the name of your blog is none of our business.

If I said Asian instead of Korean, then he might as well be Indian, or Afgan. Why does it bother you so that I mentioned country he is from? I am not proud he is Korean. But I am damn not ashamed of it either.

It's great to accept and embrace someone's culture, but it's another to flaunt it like you're doing.

oegukeen.jpg

Just sayin'...

Archived