Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

@Angela Yn thanks for the Ep 7 preview (JJS's part only :wub:).......is he playing a rescue worker?!  Rescuing JJH, the mermaid from jumping into the sea :w00t:  He looks so cute!

Read on twitter that JJS has been nominated, along with Kim Rae Won, Jeon Ji Hyun and Han Seok Gyu, for the Daesang Award at the upcoming SBS Drama Awards scheduled on Dec 31st.  YESSSSSSSSSSS....I'm grinning from ear to ear right now :grin:

p5alZZI.jpg

이름 : 김래원  Kim Rae Won
작품 : '닥터스'  Doctors
방영시기 : 6월 20일~8월 23일 
최고시청률 : 21.3% Highest rating

이름 : 조정석  Jo Jung Suk
작품 : '질투의 화신'  Jealousy Incarnate
방영시기 : 8월 24일~11월 10일 
최고시청률 : 13.2% Highest rating

이름 : 전지현  Jeon Ji Hyun
작품 : '푸른 바다의 전설' Legend of the Blue Sea
방영시기 : 11월 16일~방영 중  
최고시청률 : 18.9% Highest rating

이름 : 한석규 Han Seok Gyu
작품 : '낭만닥터 김사부'  Romantic Dr Kim
방영시기 : 11월 7일~방영 중 
최고시청률 : 21.7%Highest rating

Source

Among the four dramas, JI's top rating of 13.2% is the lowest and I hope this is not going to be the only deciding factor for the winner.  A recent poll conducted shows that JI is the favourite drama (among SBS dramas) with JI on top, followed by Doctors, Moon Lovers and Romantic Dr Kim (LOTBS not included as i guess it has yet to air when the poll was conducted). JJS's acting as HwaShin is top-notch throughout the 24 episodes!c7JN8nl.jpgPoll Results > HERE

This is going to be an exciting end to the year 2016 for uri JungSuk and us fans as well.  JungSuk-ssi FIGHTING!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Thanks for pictures of his stage greetings @kenjo80 @mintea18!! Do you know what he does actually in the stage greetings? How long usually one stage greetings? He will have the last one today? Can't understand the words they said :) 

He will be Cameo in Wednesday's episode of Legend of Blue Sea, right? Hope it is not only for 2 minutes. Hehe. 

Seeing his CF, just wondering any of you know the product that he promotes? 

Sorry for lots of questions! Have a nice monday everyone. Looking forward for Wednesday :)

@mundaliv happy to share pics of uri JS-ssi here!  I will try my best to answer your questions 

For stage greetings, JJS/DO along with the Director, Writer and some other cast (supporting actors perhaps) will greet the fans, thank them for their support of the movie, hand out souvenirs/mementos……to get up close with the fans and I think that's a very effective way to promote the movies.....they will usually appear on stage before the movie starts and their time on stage will be less than 10 minutes.  They have to go around quite a few cinemas on the same day for the stage greetings and for today Dec 5, the stage greetings will start at 4:10pm and he has 12 to attend to with a 2-hour break before the final two!!

n7s5s8D.jpg

Yes, read a tweet that today's stage greetings will be the last ones for the second week. Not sure if there will be more scheduled for week 3!

He has done a lot of CFs and his more recent ones are for Schneider, Yanulja, Yanadu (English learning tool), Samsung Life Insurance, KGC Ginseng (can't remember the exact product name), Richam Ham, Isaac Toast etc.  He even shot a cereal CF with Park BoYoung for Granola after the two of them became a popular couple with the airing of Oh My Ghost.  

TSJE6xr.jpg

rrm7Cdi.jpg5OD9x5s.jpg

Will try to share pics of his other CFs later :D

• Like 4

Thanks @kenjo80 for the answers!! Wow, so many stage greetings then for one day only. I guess the announcement of where the stage greetings will be definitely attract more fans to come to see the movie at the same time. Seeing the actors directly before the movie starts! I think if I'm there, I won't be concentrated at all watching the movie afterwards. 

So many CF that he got. Good for him then :)

Hope the Daesang is not only based on Rating! I did not watch the other drama. But from my evaluation of JJS acting in JI and the emotions that he showed, and comparing with other drama I've watched so far, he scores 100%!! He should receive Daesang for his work in JI. 

@Angela Yn thanks for the preview! Really can't wait until Wednesday!!

• Like 2

Movies starring Jo Jung-suk, Gong Hyo-jin compete for top in weekend box office

2016/12/05 14:14

SEOUL, Dec. 5 (Yonhap) -- Jo Jung-suk and Gong Hyo-jin, who recently came off from playing the leads of hit rom-com TV drama "Jealousy Incarnate," have continued to ride huge waves of popularity on the big screen through their latest movies, waging a fierce competition in the weekend box office here, data showed Monday.

According to real-time box office figures from the Korean Film Council, "My Annoying Brother" starring Jo and "Missing" with Gong as lead, took the No. 1 and No. 2 spots over the Dec. 2-4 weekend, selling out 598,274 and 470,476 tickets respectively.

The comedy drama that snagged the top spot has grossed about 2,160,000 viewers since its local premiere on Nov. 24, and the latter, set out a week after its rival, has accumulated an attendance of over 700,000.

"My Annoying Brother" depicts a moving story about two hostile half-brothers that become a loving family where Jo plays a fraudulent young man who bails himself out by claiming himself to be the only family member of his half-brother, a national judo player who loses his sight and dreams in an accident.

The mystery thriller film "Missing" features Gong as a babysitter who one day disappears with the child. Nobody knows the whereabouts of the two and the reasons behind their disappearance.

The two-weekend winner "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," a Warner Bros.' fantasy adventure film, fell to third place on its third weekend with 432,828 tickets sold, just a few tickets behind "Missing."

The film, based on a screenplay by J.K. Rowling, follows Newt Scamander, an English magical zoologist, who joins a secretive group of wizards and witches in 1920s New York in search of fantastic beasts.

While the three movies battled out for the top spots, "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" starring hit Hollywood star Tom Cruise ranked No. 4 and the German-animated film "The Little Medic: Secret Mission of the Bodynauts" rounded out the top five.

Source

Yay....박수 clap clap clap

OFNdI2F.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Thanks @kenjo80 for the answers!! Wow, so many stage greetings then for one day only. I guess the announcement of where the stage greetings will be definitely attract more fans to come to see the movie at the same time. Seeing the actors directly before the movie starts! I think if I'm there, I won't be concentrated at all watching the movie afterwards. 

So many CF that he got. Good for him then :)

Hope the Daesang is not only based on Rating! I did not watch the other drama. But from my evaluation of JJS acting in JI and the emotions that he showed, and comparing with other drama I've watched so far, he scores 100%!! He should receive Daesang for his work in JI. 

@Angela Yn thanks for the preview! Really can't wait until Wednesday!!

My pleasure, @mundaliv He's earning big bucks from all those CFs ;)  

I read that he's treating 200+ fans of his official fan cafe to the screening of the movie at 8:10pm tonight at the Lotte World Tower in Jamsil, Seoul. He wants to thank his fans for always encouraging and cheering him on.  Awww, what a generous man JS-ssi is to his fans! 

And Do KyungSoo will have another V Live session later at 4:30pm (KST).  Both Hyung and Dongsaeng are really hard at work to promote their movie.

Source

Of the 4 dramas, I have watched Doctors and LOTBS but not Romantic Dr Kim.  I dare say that KRW's character in Doctors is not one that stood out, at least not for me when I watched it......nothing spectacular about the acting.  JJH's acting in LOTBS is more on the comedic side so far, a "lost" mermaid trying to live as a normal person.  The veteran actor in Romantic Dr Kim is a highly respected actor in SK and I think it will be a tough fight between JJS and Han Seok Gyu ;) The Koreans really love their medical dramas.....so many of them this year!

• Like 3

Thanks Kenjo80 for the good news! Sooo happy for him :w00t: 
JI didn't have the highest ratings among the 4 dramas but JJS's performance as Hwashin has gained a lot of praises and recognition. His unique and detailed acting is recognized by so many people... I remember someone in JI thread said that JJS's acting could cause you physical pain, and I so agreed with that. I still remember how the sadness in Hwashin's eyes made my chest hurts...  He made us laugh, cry, and laugh and cry at the same time... I really hope the Daesang award will go to him, though being in the list of 4 best actors is enough an honor. JS-ssi fighting!! 

Some more pics from yesterday stage greetings

XkLuLZA.jpg1iz6aiM.jpg

YV5IJh1.jpgs639BE3.jpg2qWIRTX.jpgUAaVv8i.jpgKAXC55n.jpgqY0ZLr4.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, mintea18 said:

Omo,,, Thanks @Jy Jy for the video and pics! JS-ssi wears glasses again awwww... I think I just fainted :wub:

Was so busy in the office so I was mostly offline and then I saw our beloved JJS wearing glasses. Oh my goodness...I nearly fell off of my chair. My gosh, he's so cute! I want to literally pinch his cheeks. Awww... I fall in love with him over and over and over again. I really need to get checked. JungSuk is making me cray cray. 

• Like 4

@mundaliv @karen527 Now I understand why Nari didn't want Hwashin to wear glasses in front of other women!haha. He look so young, handsome and cute with glasses. 

5 hours ago, mundaliv said:

JJS wears glasses!!! Thanks for the pictures @Jy Jy! In which events is he? He should be in drama where he HAS to wear his glasses for the role :D 

Wow, There are more pictures from @mintea18! Thanks!! Is this the event where he will treat his fans then? 

Yes, I think so. There will be a lot of HQ fan-taken photos... Cant waitttt :w00t:

They required him to dance to "Growl" already haha. Hyung fighitng!

• Like 4

Omo omo, JS-ssi with glasses....how cute is he!!  @mintea18 @Jy Jy thanks for the vids/pics.  Daebak!

My poor heart is palpitating with delight at the sight of JJS in those Jo-Potter glasses and the all-black ensemble:wub: So handsome and looking like an idol singer standing next to the EXO idol! 

onrUKTW.jpg

How I wish I was in Lotte Cinema right now to see him sing and dance....and shake his hand and hug him!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mintea18 said:

@mundaliv @karen527 Now I understand why Nari didn't want Hwashin to wear glasses in front of other women!haha. He look so young, handsome and cute with glasses. 

Yes, I think so. He will have an event with 200+ fans after he finished doing stage greetings. There will be a lot of HQ fan-taken photos... Cant waitttt :w00t:

They required him to dance to "Growl" already haha. Hyung fighitng!

Wow, that's a sneak preview of JS-ssi doing the "Growl" dance!  The fans must flock to the cinemas if they want to see Hyung do the "Growl" dance with his dongsaeng! The male MC tonight is very "loud" making the whole event like a concert with the non-stop screaming by the lucky fans:wub:  Electrifying atmosphere inside the theatre! Really looking forward to seeing JS-ssi do the Growl dance in his own sexy style :D  

• Like 4