[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Guest yellowcake

Way too much time was spent with Mari and her selfish/foolish scheming, I just... why. 
I am happy that Da Ran and Kyung Joon found each other again, but the ending just fell flat for me. I really think Shin returning as Kyung Joon would have brought the ending home for me, but alas. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This must be the most messed up ending out of all the Hong sisters series I've ever seen X( I don't mind an open ending at all but this was an ending without any real answers (what about the second body? there is another person out there, actually!, and nobody seems to care about him? so YJ and KJ's parents get they sons switched and they even don't have a clue about it  8-|  that's some serious case of mistaken identities, what about the memory loss everybody seemed so worried for the previous 3 episodes?!  :-/  You want to tell me I've been suffering over nothing X( ) Is YJ dead or alive, will they switch again eventually,...? And most importantly why go to such lengths over Daran admiting her love for another man and having an "affair" with him if she is going to end up with her legal "husband" whom all know as SYJ :-w  :-? Actually, what was the last four episodes or the whole drama about because we didn't get the answers to the most pressing questions at all :-w

I have been hoping the whole time for an ending when KKJ in his real form would meet DR again on the bus ride :x and now :((

Guest katfish

@thegirlwho!

Thanks for the pictures :)

The ending was kind WTF-ish because like everyone else I was anticipating a SWH scene when he grabs DR's and what not but I got haha a faceless GY instead =P

Honestly as much as I was annoyed at the no SWH ending I think it kinda ended better this way with the flashback to the scene before the big body switch.

I mean if we all thought about it logically, I highly doubt THS would have let SWH put a close to the story, the kid is a newbie at acting and making him 'seal the deal' and sell to the audience that his the KKJ we fell in love with for the past 15 episodes (with the face of GY) would have probably been too huge of a task to ask from a newbie actor.

I know I shouldn't be disappointed and in a way I am not disappointed but I think this ending could have been so much better and THS could have nailed it... Rather than taking GY trying to make us believe that KJ would look like YJ... while Mari and Choong Sik look the same!? Or did I get something wrong here??

Don't get me wrong! I really love that DR gets the chance to make KJ falling in love with her again but I think the PD and THS could have given this last performance to Shin Won to close this drama.

Guest xopo17

TO HONG SISTER, THIS IS THE MOST CONFUSING ENDING OF YOUR ENTIRE DRAMA !!! >:P

what the heck are in your head right now, even my dog looks confused with that ending, and I'm so mad how can they end BIG like that? sorry guys, i have to be honest, it just  i feel like : What the heck???

i know at the end, GY with LMJ, but KJ still in YJ body, and they just forget YJ on KJ body like that, they didn't further discuss about what happen exactly about KJ body and YJ soul , i feel cheated, what the heck is it, its ending of episode, at least they give us some little explanation about KJ's body and YJ's soul.
8-|

Annyeong BIG chingu deul :)

Wow ddaebak, tonite was the finale and my connection was super JJang. Not even a lag during the LIVE streaming....wow! But I dont really like the ending :(. A bit dissapointed since I want more. I think Hong sisters are always like that. I remember last time, they broke my heart with Hong Gil Dong.

Too bad no kiss at the end. I was hoping that KKJ will grab Daran for a kiss but..........I will have to dream about it when I go to bed later *grin*.

Both Yoonjae and Kyungjoon have switched their souls back. Thats what Mari emailed to Daran about. She said after the change, they forget what happened after the accident. One thing is not logic, how come Yoonjae dont look for Daran since he loves her too. Thats puzzling....anyway I dont regret watching this drama because of Gong Yoo. I really adore him since Biscuit Teacher days. And I would not miss any of his dramas. I grow to like Lee Min Jung in this drama :) and will look out for her drama in the future.

Its been a pleasure meeting all of you here chingus :) hope to see all of you at other threads soon. Annyeong!

Ok i just don't get it !!!! I don't understand why they make it like this ?? So both of them have actually SWITCH back so KKJ is in KKJ body and YJ well in YJ body but both of them cannot remember anything ? They should have make the soul switch back halfway thru the series and convince the viewers if Daran really love KKJ in HIS own body ? What if YJ still loves her after they switch back etc etc ??

Man I am disappointed ...

literally my first reaction to this whole drama is WTF?????!! Ending was confusing... What happened to Yoon Jae????! OMG driving me CRAZYY!!
NO KISS?? Kinda thinking like a pervert but COME ON!!! There should be at LEAST a kiss..... All in All i LOVE GONG YOO and LEE MIN JUNG! so yeah haha

waiting for their next Mind Bridge photo shoot :):) and hope they date in real lifee.... as they are not getting any younger and they look AWESOME together haha!

YOOMIN Shipper here! :)

All in All Big was a Good Drama not because of story line but because of the way Lee Min Jung and Gong Yoo portrayed their characters 

Ps.  its like nearly 1 AM here in Australia and I'm going crazyy now to dream of Gong Yoo :) Sighss

Guest roastedbox

I dont understand korean and my interpretation of the last scene is that,

KJ and YJ switched back and are in their own body. I have no idea what happened between YJ and DR but prolly not seeing each other anymore and thats not very important here.

The purpose of the renactment of the bus scene and the overlapse in the umbrella scene is meant to end the story in a happy note. Producers intentionally conceal KJ's supposedly "grown" up face to avoid disappointing/confusing us. Through out the drama, the love between KJ and DR only really began to develop after the switch. By ending the last bit of the drama with KJ (boy) and DR smiling and perhaps kissing might be too much for the viewers to stomach or to relate to, since all this while we have only saw the loving interaction /chemistry between KJ-stuck-in-YJ's-body and DR, and not between KJ's own body ( a much younger boy) and DR. It will always be awkward for some more conservative viewers. The thought of this kind of less acceptable relationship and putting a REAL image to this (KY boy and DR holding each other's hand) in the last 10 mins of the drama might create displeasure and protest among viewers. Thus by overlapsing the umbrella scene of KJ-stuck-in-YJ's body and KJ after the switch helps to mirror his love for DR, that it hasnt changed, without revealing KY (boy) face.

I personally was curious to see KJ (boy) and DR together but I kept wondering how I could stomach it when I see it. Its just strange to see a young boy with DR. I think its perfectly fine to date a younger man but for this drama, while all this time i have been rooting for KJ and DR, its an OLDER MAN (KJstuckinYJbody) i have seen, loving DR, not a little boy's face. so yea, it will be kind of weird to jeopardise the drama by showing KJ (boy) and DR living happily ever after - a Noona smiling to a younger boy, o.O?.

thats my take.

overall, love this drama! Gong Yoon and Min Jung's chemistry is awesome! :)

Guest sarangwo

This is what I interpret in the last part.

Young Jae and Kyung Joon already  switched back,  but instead of appearance and voice of Shin Won Ho as Kyung Joon ... it's Gong Yoo who acted as Kyung Joon ...

It's sort of an illusion just like Roof Top Prince....  An illusion of the Prince Lee Gak but it's really TaeYoung.

@thegirlwho!

Thanks for the pictures

:)

The ending was kind WTF-ish because like everyone else I was anticipating a SWH scene when he grabs DR's and what not but I got haha a faceless GY instead =P

Honestly as much as I was annoyed at the no SWH ending I think it kinda ended better this way with the flashback to the scene before the big body switch.

I mean if we all thought about it logically, I highly doubt THS would have let SWH put a close to the story, the kid is a newbie at acting and making him 'seal the deal' and sell to the audience that his the KKJ we fell in love with for the past 15 episodes (with the face of GY) would have probably been too huge of a task to ask from a newbie actor.

Guest xopo17

@thegirlwho!

Thanks for the pictures

:)

Guest xopo17

[size=4]

This is what I interpret in the last part.

Young Jae and Kyung Joon already  switched back,  but instead of appearance and voice of Shin Won Ho as Kyung Joon ... it's Gong Yoo who acted as Kyung Joon ...

It's sort of an illusion just like Roof Top Prince....  An illusion of the Prince Lee Gak but it's really TaeYoung.

[/size]

I dont understand korean and my interpretation of the last scene is that,

KJ and YJ switched back and are in their own body. I have no idea what happened between YJ and DR but prolly not seeing each other anymore and thats not very important here.

The purpose of the renactment of the bus scene and the overlapse in the umbrella scene is meant to end the story in a happy note. Producers intentionally conceal KJ's supposedly "grown" up face to avoid disappointing/confusing us. Through out the drama, the love between KJ and DR only really began to develop after the switch. By ending the last bit of the drama with KJ (boy) and DR smiling and perhaps kissing might be too much for the viewers to stomach or to relate to, since all this while we have only saw the loving interaction /chemistry between KJ-stuck-in-YJ's-body and DR, and not between KJ's own body ( a much younger boy) and DR. It will always be awkward for some more conservative viewers. The thought of this kind of less acceptable relationship and putting a REAL image to this (KY boy and DR holding each other's hand) in the last 10 mins of the drama might create displeasure and protest among viewers. Thus by overlapsing the umbrella scene of KJ-stuck-in-YJ's body and KJ after the switch helps to mirror his love for DR, that it hasnt changed, without revealing KY (boy) face.

I personally was curious to see KJ (boy) and DR together but I kept wondering how I could stomach it when I see it. Its just strange to see a young boy with DR. I think its perfectly fine to date a younger man but for this drama, while all this time i have been rooting for KJ and DR, its an OLDER MAN (KJstuckinYJbody) i have seen, loving DR, not a little boy's face. so yea, it will be kind of weird to jeopardise the drama by showing KJ (boy) and DR living happily ever after - a Noona smiling to a younger boy, o.O?.

thats my take.

overall, love this drama! Gong Yoon and Min Jung's chemistry is awesome! :)

Ok I actually liked the drama up until the ending. What kind of an ending was that??!! So basically the writers were trying to confuse us without really revealing KJ's face in the end because well, Gong Yoo is the main lead so it had to "show" his face. And I don't buy that whole KJ grew up looking like YJ bullcrap because your face does not change when you already have that face at 18. LOLL... Seriously...

I feel cheated. Yaishhh......

Great acting and chemistry by Min Jung and Gong Yoo, but the ending script sucked balls.

Guest yellowcake

If the decision to conceal Kyung Joon's face in the reunion scene under the umbrella was to please conservative viewers, I really think they needn't have. The main plot of the story was already going against conservative views - a student and his teacher falling in love with each other, an older woman falling for a younger man. Whoever made this decision really chose poorly, in my opinion. 
Furthermore, if you're going to go with Gong Yoo - because, c'mon, the audience is not stupid, we can't mistake his voice and his hands - why even bother hiding the face. Just go all out. Now the audience is stripped of seeing Kyung Joon making eye contact with Gil Teacher upon their reunion, like, really? All we get to see during their reunion is the top of the umbrella, which is a really nice umbrella, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to see their faces. 
If it was the Hong Sisters who made this choice, then I just wish they had had more faith in their story. It would have come full circle with Kyung Joon meeting with Da Ran in his own body, mirroring their first meeting. In trying to please both the Gong Yoo - Min Jung shippers AND the people who wanted Shin Won Ho to return as Kyung Joon, they pleased no one. 
All in all, I'm not sad I got on this ship. I fell in love with Gong Yoo again, and thanks to BIG, I fell in love also with the lovely Lee Min Jung and the winning Baek Sung Hyun. Suzy was also a joy to watch in the early episodes, when she was harmless. 

the only thing that saddens me.. is that i didn't see Shin Won Ho awake even for the last 1 minute of the episode..i think this is the reason why im disappointed at the ending too..like some of you i was hoping SWH would show up at the umbrella scene just like their first meeting..but it never happened..*sigh*
oh well i just hope the next time Shin Won Ho will appear in a drama.. he will be the main actor so that he wouldn't be lying in bed from 1st episode to last episode... [-(
but LMJ and GY have a really good chemistry...

Guest xopo17

R_430x0_20120724230909316.jpg

R_430x0_20120724231204932.jpg

yeah i agree too, this drama is good and make addict because the great (and almost true) love chemistry between LMJ & GY. i think after this drama, they should getting married asap, considering their age, :)

Archived