[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Guest timpa

While I am happy that DR is choosing/leaning towards KJ I just don't see how DR/KJ with it being revealed that KJ/YJ are brothers can work. She's married to YJ. She's not going to look very good if she then gets together with the 19 year old brother of her "ex-husband". Even if it's because her "ex-husband" got sick and lost all his memories of the past year (from the perspective of other people since only Jang Mari knows YJ has been lying in a coma for the past year).

To her friends and family and the outside world it would be DR leaving her husband for his much younger brother... Who she only knew for an extremely short time (couple of days?) before he ended up in a coma for 1 year.

So if KJ ends up back in his own body to end up with DR it's probably going to require another time jump just to make it more credible and even then there will always be lingering problems. YJ's parents must think she's just a gold-digger after any of their 'kids' who would have her.

It makes me wonder if YJ is dead. While we've seen KJ pop back into his own body, we've never seen YJ pop back into his own body when KJ goes there. It appears that KJ's body is just an empty shell. If that is the case I wonder if KJ would actually give up his own body and a big chunk of his lifespan due to the age difference between KJ and YJ just to remain in YJ's body and be with DR and make things more acceptable for her... and if he let his own body die after using it to heal YJ's body again what's to say he won't die in another 17 or 18 years if the disease comes back and "YJ" no longer has the cells of KJ to heal him.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest katkat88

Just watched Episode 12 and for the first time, I don't find Mari annoying in this episode.  In fact, I love her in this episode and I  realize that she's not really that selfish and she truly cares for KJ. :)

Guest soompigalz

Gosh theres so many possibility for the ending of this drama that i wish they could just make diff kind of version of it so everyone will be satisfied with they own preferred ending.

Guest smurfer01

I think Yoon Jae will be the key to have a successful ending......... That can satisfy the viewers...... 

what really irritated me is the fact that KKJ insisted GDR to marry SYJ body then after GDR got married, he teasing her to taking off her ring if she has feeling for KKJ...GDR poor you !! KKJ only playing with you
this drama is good if only it has few episodes, it will be better if the drama has fast pace and not just delaying important scene over and over many times ...it's very laughable everytime KKJ gonna meet his dad, then again some stupid delay happens...I know something like this can happen, but please dont make it happends more than 3 times 

I too think YJ is not going to make any reappearance in the upcoming episodes.  There is no sign of where his soul has been all this time and he did die after the accident, only to be revived later by KJ's soul.  Also, whenever KJ's soul returns to his body, YJ collapses.  The evidence is mounting that there is only one soul and it is KJ's.   

Also, I too agree that the best possible ending which unfortunately will not be a happy one for everyone, is for KJ to choose to stay in YJ's body and to be with Daran.  YJ being the generous person he was would have wished wholeheartedly for Daran and KJ to be happy.  As he said in the book,  what inspired him to be a doctor was having been rescued by the touch of a hand and he wanted to be that hand to help and save others. I might be biased towards KJ/YJ, but I think it is in keeping with KJ's character to sacrifice himself and save YJ body (i.e. a donor), probably not knowing that YJ's soul is never to return.  Daran cannot be faulted with her change of heart.  It took her over a year to get over YJ thinking that he has cheated on her.  KJ/YJ is so charming and has spent more time with her than YJ.  She did fight very hard not to fall for KJ and some of those scenes are actually the most touching ones. 

Regardless of the ratings, I think this is the best kdrama currently airing.  GY's acting is superb and KJ is such a wonderful character that you can't help but to love him. 

I can't wait for next episode.... now that KKJ knew Teacher Gil's feeling... whahaha.. it's gonna be cute... (BTW - Not thinking about the ending anymore... just enjoying current state - I mean KJ and Teacher Gil progress....:x ).

No matter what happen.. I enjoyed watching BIG so much.. it brought tears and laughter to me..

:x

Bambiina chanting - positive vibe... positive vibe .. go away negative vibe.. shooohh.. negative comment with nice word ok but not negative vibe shooohh shooohh

Guest purplejellie

hi, all!  thank you so much for all the bts's and spoilers and eeeverything!
i recently found a new blog and their Big posts have been pretty funny, so i thought i'd share :)

class="entry-title"No more BIG Dilemma July 10, 2012 · by pinkblossom · in Drama Review.

12big_1.jpg?w=470&h=522

Call me flighty.  Call me easy.  Because this ship just pulled up its anchor and set sail for wub-land!!  I’m back on the Big ship, and I ain’t ashamed to admit it’s ALL because of those last 70 seconds of Episode 12.  I don’t care no more if it’s Kyung-Joon or Yoon-jae.  Okay, fine, my heart is shattered and ...

http://carrotblossompatch.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/no-more-big-dilemma/

class="entry-title"My BIG Dilemma July 9, 2012 · by pinkblossom · in Drama Review.

big_poster.jpg?w=470&h=705

Sooo, I’ve really been feelin’ quite out of sorts about Big, the Mon-Tues drama starring Gong Yoo and Lee Min-jung.  Now that I think about it, I had mixed feelings from the start.  I’m a long-time Hong Sisters fan, so I was excited for their new drama.  I hated Lee Min-jung’s character in Boys over Flowers but loved her in Cyrano Dating Agency.  I wasn’t a Coffee Prince fanatic (I know, I know, how is that possible, right?) so I didn’t lean too heavily one way or the other for Gong Yoo.  Suzy: hmm… the jury’s still out on her.  Baek Sung-hyun: I’ve loved him since Damo and Stairway to Heaven days and think he’s defs underrated and underappreciated.  Setup complete. ...

http://carrotblossompatch.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/my-big-dilemma/

class="ks_article_title"

Suzy Participates In ‘Big’ OST

Suzy's previous drama OSTs, including 'Winter Child' of KBS's 'Dream High' and 'Too Much Tears' of MBC's 'Me Too, Flower' have gained much popularity.

Guest payel

The most loyal and most determined person is Mari... she is sometimes irritating but her love for KJ never fades even if she knows KJ doesn't love her.  ... and KJ's leaning towards DR hurts her but KJ's best interest is always in her mind.. actually she is the only person  who tried  to solve this situation, not only by adjusting the situation ...and still trying .. we know her love for KJ is behind that desperation .. and I don't think Mari will be an evil person after discovering that KJ- DR are real couple.... one thing bugs me that KJ  never remembers YJ as a person who tried to save /saved him from drowning ...(of course he doesn't know that  He has played the savior role before) ...

KJ's near future is like horrible dream : when he'll know these facts

1. His existent in the world was only to serve the purpose to save YJ
2 His real parents abandoned him after serving the purpose
3. YJ is his real brother
4.He loves his brother's wife and ruined the possibility to reconcile the couple even after the confirmation that his brother truly loved DR

I just can't imagine the situation ... X_X

oops, it has just been THURSDAY and my last post wast just TUESDAY and I have read many NEGATIVE COMMENTS...

why is this happening? :o

Drama threads are supposed to serve as a "HEAVEN" for drama lovers... :)
I am not against the negative opinion of soompiers and I NEVER FLAGGED others unless its totally UNRELATED to the thread but PLEASE for those who hate or do not like this drama, please give constructive criticisms if possible...

Honestly BIG is not PERFECT --- like any other dramas.. but its not the WORST..
there were so MANY, as in MANY dramas WORSE and even WORST..

As for Hong Sis, I don't want to judge them since I really enjoyed their stories... I have FAITH that Hong Sis will end this drama in the best way the drama can end...

anyway, BIG WAVE for all BIG LOVERS! :x
and for the Haters, I wish you to have other drama to enjoy :)

Guest jobogae

I SO agree with you. They have amazing chemistry on and off screen. I hope they will make another drama or even a clothing brand campaign together.

Imagine Gong Yoo as a model of Abercrombie

Guest Danny_Wanny

So this comment is just based on my extensive knowledge on korean dramas...and well just dramas in general lol.

But I think this drama has found itself in quite the pickle with the recent makeout session between our beloved main characters! We all know that KJ will have to go back to his body, I think that it would be MESSED up if homie had to stay in SJ's body for the rest of his life. Plus, that means that poor SJ will DIE because if they leave him in acoma because he will eventually have to wake up and then it'll lead to like either an epilogue or a Big 2. hahah But if they do happen to swtich to their respective bodies and both are alive and well when it happens, who in the world is DR going to end up with is my question?

So, because Gong Yoo who is the main character, she has to end up with him, right? Because I think it would be really odd if they switch and DR leaves him for the young KJ! GY the main guy in the series so I don't think the writers would do that to his character. I highly doubt that she'll leave him and leave in the high schooler KJ regardless if they made out in the last episode (which was an AWESOME kiss, I think it's up there with the Secret garden kiss ;) But if she does end up with SJ then what will happen to KJ? She put "I like you" in a rubbish bag and then kissed him! They can't act like it didn't happen!!

Anywho, I'm not a TOTAL fan of the plot because it just seems like when they argue it's kind of the same thing "DON'T LOOK AT ME!" "FINE, I WON'T LOOK AT YOU." it's always along those lines lately and it's like almost in every episode. However, I have to keep watching to see how they are going to end this! The writers have most def piqued my interest! Good job, hong sisters, good job. I am seriously hoping it's not a LAME ending, but we shall see. All I know is that I hope I get to see another shirtless Gong Yoo scene before this drama ends because if there isn't, I'm going to be very upset. LOL

Guest darkstar257

Hmm. I find it humorous that people are funding this drama unpredictable. Thus far it has played out exactly like any I drama would.

1. The initial love relationship is switched. (DR falls out of love with her near perfect bf to fall for a rude prick)

2. Teacher falls for student

3. Competing lovers turn out to be long lost brothers.

You could guess ask these outcomes after like the second episode.

Da Ran is a disloyal and unfaithful wench who abandons her fiancé when he is in a coma and then plans to abandon him again when he wakes up. Disgusting

Guest gemchan

YoonJae (YJ) was confirmed to be dead right from the start (ep1)
It's only KyungJun (KJ)'s soul that travelling between the two bodies.

At first, I think it's the story about YJ and DR. But, it turns out to be KJ's story.

You can not say it's unfair for YJ when KJ in YJ's body is now in love with DR.
Because it's more unfair for KJ's life even from the very start when he was born to this world just to save YJ's life.

His mom died, his real parents don't admit him as their son.

The swap soul story just to help KJ find out the truth about his real parents, and his brother.
And there it goes the love of his life, Gil Da Ran.

I think KJ is perfect matched for Da Ran, despite of the age gap or the teacher-student relationship (KJ is no longer DR's student)

I'm so in love with KJ (in YJ's body) but love is not about the look.
As much as I love KJ in YJ's body, I want a happy ending for KJ and DR, not YJ.

I also think that KJ might end up in YJ's body forever, but I don't know how Hong Sisters will make it reasonable ....

It doesn't matter whether YJ or KJ will be DR's partner at the end because really both guys look good with Da Ran in my eyes but a KyungJae x Da Ran ending is a big no no for me..sorry for saying this .. but i think it will be the worst ending ever..its not that i don't want them together ..it just that it doesn't feel right at all..im hoping *crossed fingers* that Hong Sisters wouldn't do that..i still hope they will get back to their own body..because it will be the best way to end it..  :)>-
anyway i still enjoy watching BIG..
:D

Archived