[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Mari is not at all hateful/annoying.  she is cute in her own  way and  i like her so much.  Choong Shik is very cute, as well!!!!
Also, was there not a scene in the preview Se young meeting Kyung jae and telling him who he is searching for????? was that scene edited???  atleast he has to know and there will be a little light as to how the story will move?????
I am so in addict with this drama.  very very sweet!!! LMJ and GY are doing an awesome job!!! Crying scene/conversation, when GDR called him KJ-ah after the sould swapped for little time, superb(the park scene as well).  In fact i wept seeing the scene.  Comical scenes like movie/panda making scenes were really cute.
But i liked SWH also in the first episode.  he was also good.  i dont think he is going to come back to life permanently.  He may short-live.  After learning all the truth, the character KKJ will die, I suppose.  
But why do the Hong sisters just pull the soul-switching to so many episodes.  Its already 10 episodes now.  I hope for the rating to increase next week since L&S is over. Fighting!!!!!!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

@semi-fly
It's odd to me that ALL of the side characters in this drama seem like a huge waste of time/space. I could care less about the uncle & aunt (beyond them being greedy for KJ's inheritance) the teachers, the parents high-school love lines, Mari and Se Young. The age difference is enough of a deterrent to keep DR and KJ apart but they added Mari, SY, his parents, her co-teachers, and anything else they can think of to keep them apart. Now they're adding self-sacrifice? DR's brother is the only mildly, amusing side character and he's being given no story line beyond following Mari around. Even the fact that these 2 are biological siblings is creating little interest for me because it's not being given the proper introduction into the story. There are too many distractions. 
For those hoping DR will end up with KJ once he wakes up? I don't think it will happen in the end. There won't be a kiss scene between Shin Won-Ho and Lee Min-Jung as long as Gong Yoo is the male lead. So either YJ never wakes up (which leaves KJ in YJ's body and they get together that way) or YJ wakes up, they switch back and she ends up with YJ. Or she could end up with neither man and alone. 
I love seeing DR and KJ's scenes together but there are too many side distractions that have little to do with anything and not enough screen time for our main actors. 
EDIT: EP 10 is at 99% at ViKi:
http://www.viki.com/channels/7359-big/videos

Guest wisewiind

after watching ep 10, i got a feeling that KJ will be alive in YJ's body and YJ will died in KJ's body.  A life for another life.

The plot reminds me of Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper...

In the novel, the parents decide to have a second child specifically to save their first child, who has leukemia. You need exact bone marrow match to have a bone marrow transplant.
I feel it may be the same issue with Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae. I wonder why Yoon Jae decided to find Kyung Joon again? I feel it might have been connected to his reasons that he hindered with marriage to Gil Daran.
Curious to see how that plot works itself out.

Guest payel

I don't think DR is cheating on YJ.  She made a clean break with him because she believed he had cheated on her.  During the year that followed she had a chance to heal her hurt and move on.  Then he came back and it became questionable if he really did cheat or not.  She doesn't know for sure, but thought she would wait to find out.  She has been actively resisting liking JY.  She was crying over caring for him.  I don't blame her for falling for JY.  There's been too much time since she last talked with YJ and too many questions about his faithfulness.  If he loved her he should have let her know.  Its YJ's fault she doesn't know so its also his fault if she decides to move on to someone else.  Let that be a lesson to all of us- if you like someone let them know or they may start liking someone else.

I find it amazing with this being such a tragic story that the only issue is if DR and KJ will be together. First off I know this is just a drama but even a drama has to give us believable scenarios. I will concede that DR is in love with KJ but in YJ's body, I'm not so sure she will feel the same if he was in his own body, I say this because then she would have to deal with the repercussions of everyone knowing he is a teenage boy.
I for one don't see how this relationship can work out, even if YJ dies and KJ stays in his body. Is he to pretend to be YJ for the rest of his life, don't the families of the two men have a right to know whats going on? Once he finds out that YJ is his biological brother and that YJ's mom and father is also his mom and father will he be able to continue pretending to be YJ. Then the impact the knowledge of why he was born will have on him, will it be possible for him to look at life the same. How will he live? He can't continue to pretend to be a doctor. The knowledge that YJ his brother died because he saved him, can he then look at DR the same way.
Just so we don't go crazy as well, no one dies and YJ wakes up, with the knowledge that both of them gain about each other will either one be able to look at DR in the same way. Won't they both be change by the knowledge that they are brothers. How will DR be able to go to KJ knowing she legally is married to YJ Is it possible that the sacrifice that the teacher mentioned will have to be DR.
I guess I just don't see this as a love story with a happy ending, or maybe the love story is not a bout the man and woman but about the two brother's finding each other and finally having the family they both desire.

@jobogae

Wouldn't it be funny that Kyung Joon grows up to look like Yoon Jae?  8 years later hahaha then Da Ran dates him as she comes to terms with his age.  :-*

hahahaahahahaa i was thinking the samething :D since they are brothers why not??

@jaiwook okay so DR cant help how she feels ryt , so would you be saying the same thing if YJ went off with the doc lady ?, after all he cant help his feeling ryt .
@Kennedy21 so its been a year , ive seen people wait for people who they truly love for more then a year . Whats sad is im starting to question weather she actually did truly love YJ or not in the first place . Im sorry but i dont buy her naive act.

@ Bambiina hi :) im sorry , id like to say i agree with your reasons  however i cant , based on assumption DR has pushed her feeling for YJ aside and started developing feeling for KJ .   As for your questions on how he treated her and how he was going to leave her behind , well we dont really know the real reason . The guy obviously had a lot on his plate expecially if at that time he knew about his family , hes allowed to have space to sort his problems out .

One thing i find kinda  annoying is if KJ does switch back to his own body  and since DR loves him now , will she stay by his side if he remains in a coma ? . If she can fall for  KJ while her fiance is in a coma ,what makes me think she would have stayed true to KJ if he remained in a coma .

I do wonder at time on weather people would find DR and KJ cute or adorable if KJ was in his own body rather then YJs. As for people who say that DR felt betrayed by the whole finding the tickets and what not  but seriously !, the guy is lying in a hospital bed not being able to defend himself yet everyone seems to say its okay for DR because she feels betrayed by YJ

My comment being flaged lol is what i expected since no-one is allowed to say anything remotely negative about the character on this thread .  Take care people , i hope you all enjoy the rest of the show as for me peace out .  O yeah i do hope YJ finds some form of happiness , he deserve that much .

hi guys.:) i've been out for like three months and i would very much like to DL the episodes of BIG since i'm only reading it [i've no time to watch] but now i can already watch it. can someone send me or post a link as to where semi-fly is posting her torrents? i can't seem to find it in the net [torrents of semi-fly]. pretty please someone help me?:D

Guest benchmarkjoe

I'm starting to really hate this drama! I feel like its so draggginggg like for real, I'm getting bored

as hell seeing the same thing! Misunderstandings! Mom being a tea bag about the brothers!

Give me a break....And the Coma Kid still in a coma and moving? ....get on with the plot already I'm getting bored.

As Koala from koalasplayground, despite being interested at how the Hong sisters will wrap up the drama and of course being interested in YJ's story, I too am more interested in KJ's and GD's process of falling in love with each other. Looking them spending time with each other, fighting like an old married couple and just being happy to be in each other's company makes me so giddy and happy even though the show may be lacking to some extensions. 
I may seem shallow for not thinking deeper about the fact that YJ's lying in coma, getting unconsciously married to a woman we still don't know how he felt about and that his wife is to some extent 'cheating' on him... but after 3 months of analyzing and being emotionally attached to The King 2 Hearts that turned me into a wreck and a major LSG-HJW shipper, I am trying not to over-analyze BIG and just for once sit back and enjoy the giddiness and chemistry between Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung, who seriously take being comfortable with each other to a new level both on and off-screen. Their chemistry is the only reason why I watch this drama, everything else is secondary! 

Guest katkat88

hi guys.:) i've been out for like three months and i would very much like to DL the episodes of BIG since i'm only reading it [i've no time to watch] but now i can already watch it. can someone send me or post a link as to where semi-fly is posting her torrents? i can't seem to find it in the net [torrents of semi-fly]. pretty please someone help me?:D

imo, it's totally weird to hate on Da Ran.. it's not like she's dating Kyung Joon and thinking to abandon Yoon Jae in Kyung Joon's body. she just fell in love with him. lol well yeah it's still wrong.. BUT she realized it's wrong and that's why she's saying "I must be crazy" after the switch-back thingy happened and she's trying HARD to forget Kyung Joon. she went back to that bench, and in the park she also told Kyung Joon to not find her.. because she doesn't WANT to fall for Kyung Joon. and that is definitely not a betrayal. because she TRIES to be loyal to Yoon Jae. but if you're saying that she betrays Yoon Jae by watching movies + laughing + having fun with Kyung Joon.. I think that is why Hong Sisters make her character so naive in the beginning. she's THAT naive that's why she find playing and laughing with Kyung Joon is not wrong at all. moreover, she hasn't liked him at that time when they played with the water, etc. she realized that she liked him when she saw him walking to find her in the park, and that's why after that incident she directly told Kyung Joon to not find her. she's not betraying anybody. haha sorry if you find this post ridiculous I just want to voice out my opinion because I don't think Da Ran deserves to be hated LOL omg I'm defending a drama's character now. XD

Guest xopo17

SO ENVY WITH SUZY !!!! ;))  I WISH , I WAS THE ONE, NOT SUZY , HAHAHAHA

class="ks_article_title"Gong Yoo, Takes Care of Suzy and Even Her False Eyelashes4402-big.jpg 
Gong Yoo might be the lecturer of NG maker Suzy but is also the admonished little sister lover.

On June 28th, on the KBS2TV 'Big' official website the production staff uploaded clips with the caption 'The dumpling acting's of the leader of stubbornness and the king leader of stubbornness.'

In the revealed clip Gong and Suzy are at a play ground sharing dumplings with one another. In the clip Gong Yoo blows into Suzy's eye because a dust goes in it and rubs her head and Suzy suspects Gong Yoo's "true" feelings towards her.

In the making of the film, due to the hot weather, Suzy constantly made errors in her lines. Unable to get back into the flow of handling her lines, she started to laugh whenever she saw Gong Yoo's face. Gong Yoo then stated "You have to practice not laughing while acting Suzy," soothing Suzy like a big brother.

Gong Yoo's big brother ways showed itself again when he saw that Suzy's false lashes were falling, and then he stated "Suzy, your lashes fell." and carefully collected them and handed them to her.

Throughout the production the two have been acting brother sisterly making the people around them feel the warmth of their relationship.

CREDIT :Koreaportal.

Guest jobogae

I've been a member with Soompi since January 2006 and I haven't noticed that there is a new "flag" feature now.  People, please don't abuse it!  It should really be used if someone is misusing the post for spamming and things.  
Everyone has their own opinions about the drama. Everyone has their favorite actors.  Let's not abuse this form of freedom of speech to be so catty with one another.  
Please do not just quote others just to quote!  If you have something to say, say it.  If you don't like the drama then don't watch it and move on to another one. 
This is suppose to be a happy place!  Enjoy it!  I'm so grateful that Soompi is still here and people shouldn't abuse it! 

Guest Tofu_Cloud

i'm confused

Can someone explain to me when Yoon Jae's mom was explaining to that doctor lady...

she said "Yoon Jae was very sick so..." Explain to me how her husband having sex with another

women can cure Yoon Jae's sickness???????

I DONT GET IT?

Guest dian8214

wild guess... kyung jun was made so that he will switch soul's with yong jae (who was apparently sick when he was 12) to be saved.. so they just went back to their original body's??

Archived