[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned about this, but I read the character chart on Koala's blog and found out DR's mother and father also once had a teacher-student relationship. They have a 16-year age gap. DR's mum was only 19 when she fell in love with DR's dad who was 35-years-old. Until now, they are still so loving and sweet.

:)

I think this just shows that DR-KJ is definitely The OTP... And KJ will probably stay in YJ's body because well.. Gong Yoo is the lead.

Looking at the set of pictures of LMJ and GY while they were chatting with the fans... SO ADORABLE! Oh my god, I'm starting to think Gong Yoo is like KJ in real life. Look at him wearing the shades. Haha! Love them!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rainbow32

i think that if KJ really stuck in YJ's body forever..then i will totally go crazy for this..NO WAY..if hongsisters want to make GY end with MJ let him be as his real role as YJ..otherwise they should give KJ and YJ their bodies back..because i really can't see the end where KJ is stuck in YJ's body..it' too much for the both of them..>___<

Yes, I also read that on Koala's blog. :)

That would be sad to me if KJ was stuck in YJ's body. He would lose years of his life and have to live someone else's life until he died. Also that wouldn't be fair to YJ, he seems like a sweet guy and I don't believe he's a cheater. It's just I don't think YJ is right for DR, they haven't seemed to really connect emotionally and still act like two awkward teenagers even though they're about to get married. I want KJ back in his own body. I really enjoyed the chemistry between KJ (greatly done by Shin Wo, who I just found out about) and DR shown in the first episode and that chemistry still shows while he's in YJ's body (amazing acting Gong Yoo by the way. I think there's a reason he tones down the chemistry when he's playing the YJ character.) Switch back! Please, not at the very end!

'Big' Gong Yoo Reveals His Scrip with Countless Post Its - Behind the Scenes of 'Big'
behind-the-scenes.jpg
The happy atmosphere at the set of KBS drama 'Big' has been revealed through the behind the scenes photos that have been released. Specifically, Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung received a lot of attention for their attachment to their scripts.
Lee Min Jung and Gong Yoo, who are reviewing their lines together, seem to be close as though they are a real couple.
Gong Yoo is sitting comfortably and looking at Lee Min Jung's direction intensely. A representative of the drama 'Big' stated, 'You can see Lee Min Jung and Gong Yoo practicing their lines anywhere on set' and continued to explain Lee Min Jung and Gong Yoo's love for their scripts.
Gong Yoo is already known for his dedication and for his attachment to his script. The photos from behind the scenes revealed just that: Gong Yoo had countless pink post it all over his script. Gong Yoo's neatly organized script clearly shows all of his dedication and hard work that is going into filming the drama 'Big'.
Another representative stated, 'Gong Yoo's concentration level is the best. He doesn't seem affected by the tiring conditions of filming the drama. Even through sleepless nights and rough filming conditions, he is so concentrated on his script.'
The KBS drama 'Big' features a love story between a female high school teacher and a teenager who becomes trapped in a strange man's body. As the story progresses, secrets are beginning to unveil themselves and the story gets more and more interesting by each episode.
Source : Kpopstarz

Guest xxReminisce

I need room to vent and hopefully someone would explain to me and put me out of my misery.

After watching episode 4 again, I find myself disliking Big as a whole. I wanted so much to love Big, since i liked so many people and was looking forward to watching a romantic comedy. I'm not a fan of body swapping films nor of student teacher relationships, but there has been gems before so i was willing to give this a try.

Take away the acting, since i think the acting is one of the few things that worked for me, only Shin Won Ho and Suzy, who are the weakest link, had moments of 'uncertainty'.

The characters are really what gets to me.

Both CS and Mari are a delight to watch, but neither of their characters have much storyline to go on, obviously Mari will have more to deal with once YJ in KJ's body wakes up, but for now, they are there as comedic relief.

What fails is the characterization of both KJ and DR.

KJ, the smart-ass lonely soul:

how could he not show any gratefulness to the man who saved his life and is now in a coma? He isn't just spending all his time with the guy's fiance, he also kissed her and tried to bad mouth the guy and then to top it off, he took the guys savings for his own selfish gain. He's troubles and issues are his not YJ's, even if YJ is a jerk it does not give him the right to treat his 'savior' this way.

besides the obvious discrepancy in his change before and after the swap, no amount of supposed closeness or change in body can alter a person in the span of one night, the scriptwriters builds him up to be a lonely little boy who is looking for someone to truly care for him. Hence his attachment to Da Ran.

I was okay with this, up until episode 4 with the appearance of Mari. He, as well as the audience, knows that Mari loves him. Her way of showing it may be misguided but it's an indisputable fact that she cares for him wholeheartedly.

So how does a lonely boy who nobody loves goes and hurt the only person he knew cares for him and then be proud of it?

While watching the hospital scene where he lies to her to keep his body in Korea, I was beyond shocked. could he not think of any other way? he knew how much it would hurt her, but he still choose to continue and then was so proud of himself for hurting her.

Even if he didn't like her that was a mean thing to do. I lost all pity for KJ at this point. I simply cannot condone a character that intentionally sets out to hurt someone, he is worst then YJ's ex, since he knew how and where to hit to make it hurt the most.

In the same scene, Da Ran as the adult and women should have put a stop to it, what happened to her sense of empathy? From how I saw it, it was her own selfish desire to 'protect' YJ's body that gave her the 'moral right' to hurt Mari. She was hurt by YJ's supposed affair with he's ex, so how does she see her relationship with KJ is to Mari? She allowed herself to be seen as the third party.

I don't believe they cannot see beyond the now, how does she think this is going to pan out? If news of what KJ said travels, Da Ran is not only cheating on her fiancee, she's also cheating on him with her underage student. That is not only immoral, its also illegal. She could lose her job and shunned by her peers, not to mention YJ will have to carry the stigma of having his fiancee cheating on him.

Then there's the issue of her incompetence, how is it funny that she's a teacher who can't stand up for herself, has no authoritive stance and can't even do senior math? No wonder she's failing her course. This isn't funny, this shows her as a loser.

So what is the writers expecting me to feel? that i should root for two selfish immoral people who only care for their own happiness?

I'm quite honestly one scene away from dropping this whole series.

Of the kdrama airing now, I think "Big" is the best and this episode is funniest so far.  DR and YJ/KJ are so cute together, and Ma Ri and YJ/KY too.   This series reminds of 49 days when the main character is actually another character almost the entire series.  I don't think teacher-high school student romance is appropiate, but Gong Yoo makes KJ inside YJ an extremely likeable character and somehow makes DR-YJ/KJ couple  acceptable, as long as KJ appears as YJ.  When KJ returns to his own body,  DR will probably return to YJ as well.  I definitely like Gong Yoo a lot better in this series than Coffee House.

Guest meisk

^awww..they both looks so beautiful. i guess we'll see this in next week episode.can't wait for it. monday please come faster. :)

Archived