[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

Guest linhtinhhp

No problem! Same... but i have a lot of things to do, so maybe i could HAHAH.

Hahah i'm confused again. Let me think.... because it won't make sense if only Queen Inhyun's reinstatement is changed.

Him escaping death through the talisman that day, was written as his death date in history when Heejin realised that he was going to die "tomorrow" (she realised he was going to die tomorrow, when she was filming, remember?)

We haven't seen anyone reading history after him escaping that death right? We can naturally assume, that written history is changed again.

Assuming i'm right, before his first time travel, which would be the first time he "died".... he should have been stated in 2012's written history as dead on that day(Where Jasu almost killed him in the library). Means .... in the parallel time of where HJ is before the moment he was "killed" by Jasu.... which was when she was rushing for her audition and all... it would be stated in written history that he dies on the day where Jasu killed him in the library.

Hope i'm making sense again. This is so confusing.

It's my turn. Now I'm confused. haha. Ok. So when he was in the library in episode 1, he only changed history up to the date of his death. Because when he escaped in jeju island, remember, history changed again. Now it says that he escaped on that day, not death. Queen In Huyn's reinstatement happens after the day that he escaped, how can he change it?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for wonderful posts. I'm enjoying myself so much reading all of them.

I also think Boong Do won't marry YW because he's a nobleman after all. Not just any nobleman. He's best of the best.

With a brain like his I'm sure he has already figured out that a society isn't divided into classes anymore. That it doesn't matter anymore. Also it was mentioned several times that Boong Do is fatherless so I wonder... Well, the way their relationship is progressing he might become father soon :-) It's a cable TV so one can dream, right? :-P

I'm kind of sad we're already in the middle of show. Only 8 episodes are left :-(

Ha ha, you know what, after my friend knew my overreaction on the kiss Ep8, she asked what would I become if there's a bed scene LOL. So I've already seen Hee-jin books a hotel for Boong-do on the night of the red carpet, or even better, she would find an excuse so he spends the night at her home :lol: He just simply agrees "“What an interesting world this is!”

Yes, it's a cable TV so we can dream ^^ :wub:

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

It's my turn. Now I'm confused. haha. Ok. So when he was in the library in episode 1, he only changed history up to the date of his death. Because when he escaped in jeju island, remember, history changed again. Now it says that he escaped on that day, not death. Queen In Huyn's reinstatement happens after the day that he escaped, how can he change it?

No, in the library in ep 1, nothing was changed yet, because he hasn't travelled in time.

When i said:"Him escaping death through the talisman that day, was written as his death date in history when Heejin realised that he was going to die "tomorrow" (she realised he was going to die tomorrow, when she was filming, remember?)

We haven't seen anyone reading history after him escaping that death right? We can naturally assume, that written history is changed again." , I meant his death at the beginning of ep 6... where he jumps to 2012, lying on the floor in the middle of the road.

Where did you get the information where Queen In Hyun is reinstated the day after he escaped?

The point is, every time, right before he jumps in time due to being on the verge of dying... written history changes.

For example, lets say his supposed to die on Date A(Im not sure what the date is, but the day where Jasu almost killed him in the library. Before Date A, written history in the parallel timezone, 2012, will say he died on Date A. But when he escapes death through the talisman in Joseon, written history in 2012 is changed again... he would not be listed to have died on Date A(okay maybe still Date A 1694 for a while, since his servant shot him on the same day, so he went jumped in time to 2012 again). So the next death after this, is in Jeju... at the beginning of ep 6( 20++ March 1694). So before 20++ March 1694, in the parallel time in 2012, he will be listed to die on 20++ march 1694. Then, when he escapes death once again and goes to 2012, written history is changed again. He will not be listed as dead on 20++ march 1694 in the history book.

Hope im clear about this.

I agree with jaejoongstolemyheart (by the way, your nickname is just so telling :-D in my case it would be yoochunstolemyheart :-D). Everytime he escaped and avoided death the history was rewritten.

Let's just wait till Wednesday, hope writers will give us proper explanation.

I agree with jaejoongstolemyheart (by the way, your nickname is just so telling :-D in my case it would be yoochunstolemyheart :-D). Everytime he escaped and avoided death the history was rewritten.

Let's just wait till Wednesday, hope writers will give us proper explanation.

HAHAHA my nickname.... T_T i feel so embarrassed now. HAHAH Like what went into me when i created that! my not-so-creative mind made me came up with such a name HAHAHAHA. But yeah my love for JJ is evident. HAHA JYJ fan here.

Yes i hope we will get a proper and valid explanation. I want the show to have the most minimal flaws ever. Because this drama is simply a masterpiece in my eyes.

Do we have any idea on how long Boong Do has been back in Joseon? I know that he mentioned that he lost a substantial amount of memory and that he was unconscious for 7-10 days after he was attacked upon his return but later we see his manservant talking to him, I believe he wanted to take him back to the capital at this point, but he seems have already grown a small topknot (unless it them just manipulating his hair for his hat) --- given hair grows about an inch every two months (depending on genetics, hair care, etc.) could time literally fly by for him yet crawl for Hee Jin [Was I the only one thinking that time was parallel to both periods?]?

Given the previews it almost looks like they re-wrote just about everything. I mean it looked as if Hee Jin & Dong Min reconciled and were now a couple [excuse me while I clean off the vomit on my keyboard]. At the moment I'm not even sure that both Hee Jin & Boong Do having lingering thoughts over forgetting something/someone important is enough to make that vile image easier to digest. Yep, I really despise Dong Min.

Is it safe to assume that episode 9 will concern itself with the Hee Jin & Boong Do struggling to figure out what they've forgotten while episode 10 will have the two meet again [for the first time all over again] and we'll be treated by the premiere/red carpet scene(s).

im sure he has been back in Joseon for around 3-4 weeks like what ive mentioned early. Because the day Jasu slashed him was the 28 March 1694, and when he realised he lost 2 months worth of memory, it was the end of April, roughly 20++ April. He was unconscious for 2 weeks, and then from him waking up(roughly around 11 April 1694) till reading in his room(the last scene of ep 8), was roughly around 1-2 weeks... So the last scene would be around 20++ April.

And yeah, the topknot doesn't make sense to me... Maybe its just the intentional mistake of the PD because if he was to have shot hair, everyone in Joseon will be wondering why... but they do not want anyone in Joseon to wonder why, making everyone think that BD did not have some weird events in his life, making Jasu the only one suspicious and curious.

HAHAH Wow your depise for dongmin.... is A LOT. Hahahah im fine with him, but im too distracted by BD to even bother about his existence in the show honestly.

I'm pretty sure they'll meet in EP 9. Since, in Joseon now at the end of 8, it is 20+ April 1694, and the date he set to meet Heejin is on 27 April 1694(which is the equivalent of April 15 2012)......... definitely, before April 18 2012(the opening flashforward of the show)..

That leaves him with definitely less than 7 days to remember Heejin, and travel to Seoul 2012.

I have a strong hunch that they'll both be able to keep their promise, and meet on April 15 2012, in Heejin's current time.

How can their height difference... look so beautiful?

534416_286167504807343_131328780291217_626031_173709603_n.jpg

-edit-

Okay im a big fan of Lookie62's videos... And when i fell for QIHM... i went to stalk her channel... but saw no QIHM vids..

But 2 days ago she uploaded videos on QIHM Yay!!

-edit-

Iviih , i'll reply you on this post, dont wanna post too many times.

I thought his topknot was because every of his doing in 2012 was nonexistent already....... but im confused as well... because the assassin saw him with short hair(when he came back and got slashed). And that scene existed.... so if he suddenly has his hair grown.... people like the assassin will be wondering.

By right, the hair should grow on the spot when he collapsed after the talisman was torn. LOL I hate CGI so i'd rather not see anything like that.

Thank you for the recaps !

I want to post here the question you raised on your comments :

I would agree that Hee Jin is not only the "girl in the future whom boong-do will fall in love with". The title of this drama: the essence of it is getting much deeper : Queen In Hyun's Man . The part where Hee Jin read the history before boong-do lose his memories could be the critical point, because she knew what boong-do did there. in the books, BD was under the radar while all the events took place. no mentioning of BD until the king reinstated him.

You're right. The fact that she knows what Boong-Do did when nobody knows, even Boong-Do himself, must be important. Awesome analysis, @lyra_brillantez

Guest kawaiiyuki

Ok my question is why did he lose his memory once the amulet broke. I haven't watched episode 8 yet but it doesn't make sense. I know he changed history but stil.... maybe it's just the fact that i don't want him to forget HJ. But i like the fact that Hj can now check up on him through the internet. Ah history!

MAybe the worried look she had in episode 1 was because she read that he lost his memory thus, doesn't remember their promise. Even though she knew he forgot she hoped that he'll some how remember her and appear once more in the 21st century. That's why when she saw him appear she was soo relieved because she didn't think he'd show up.

Do you guys think he'll get a new amulet? Cause we show him time jump in episode one and now that's it's broken.... ???

Guest Iviih

I downloaded episode 7 and 8 but they don't work (media player classic)

How to watch it? :) I have no idea

Sorry for bothering.

I'm now Downloading episodes E01-E08.XviD... does it work with the DarkSmurf subs? I hope so... sweatingbullets.gif 

HAHAHA my nickname.... T_T i feel so embarrassed now. HAHAH Like what went into me when i created that! my not-so-creative mind made me came up with such a name HAHAHAHA. But yeah my love for JJ is evident. HAHA JYJ fan here.

Yes i hope we will get a proper and valid explanation. I want the show to have the most minimal flaws ever. Because this drama is simply a masterpiece in my eyes.

im sure he has been back in Joseon for around 3-4 weeks like what ive mentioned early. Because the day Jasu slashed him was the 28 March 1694, and when he realised he lost 2 months worth of memory, it was the end of April, roughly 20++ April. He was unconscious for 2 weeks, and then from him waking up(roughly around 11 April 1694) till reading in his room(the last scene of ep 8), was roughly around 1-2 weeks... So the last scene would be around 20++ April.

And yeah, the topknot doesn't make sense to me... Maybe its just the intentional mistake of the PD because if he was to have shot hair, everyone in Joseon will be wondering why... but they do not want anyone in Joseon to wonder why, making everyone think that BD did not have some weird events in his life, making Jasu the only one suspicious and curious.

HAHAH Wow your depise for dongmin.... is A LOT. Hahahah im fine with him, but im too distracted by BD to even bother about his existence in the show honestly.

I'm pretty sure they'll meet in EP 9. Since, in Joseon now at the end of 8, it is 20+ April 1694, and the date he set to meet Heejin is on 27 April 1694(which is the equivalent of April 15 2012)......... definitely, before April 18 2012(the opening flashforward of the show)..

That leaves him with definitely less than 7 days to remember Heejin, and travel to Seoul 2012.

I have a strong hunch that they'll both be able to keep their promise, and meet on April 15 2012, in Heejin's current time.

How can their height difference... look so beautiful?

*quoted image*

-edit-

Okay im a big fan of Lookie62's videos... And when i fell for QIHM... i went to stalk her channel... but saw no QIHM vids..

But 2 days ago she uploaded videos on QIHM Yay!!

http://www.youtube.c...=3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=bJG4cF5MD3c

I believe his hair grow because his link with the future was destroyed so all he did there was undone, since he cut his hair in the future, it also was undone, and so his hair is back to what was before.

But he goes to the future again and his hair is short again, so I don't know lol

Thanks for the videos! LOL Queen song! Love love it. But no matter what this song only makes me remember Pride Jdrama! Love love it!

Guest joonbi

Thank @lyra_brillantez for your help.

Can I ask one more thing? I really like this drama OST, not only the theme song, but also all of them. I really like the instrument play before" I am coming to see you" in the last of episode 5, when Hee Jin received a phone call from Bong Do. Where can I download it? It appear in ep2, too, when Bong Do hold Hee Jin when she fell down.

Thank you again for your help.

HIII Semi-new to this thread, mostly just a lurker LOL!

Uhhh i dunno if anyone did this already... but i translated my favorite song from the OST

I'm coming to meet you - by Deok Hwan.

Enjoy!

지금 만나러 갑니다 - 덕환 / I'm going to meet you - Deok Hwan

I imagined you,

I drew you only in my dreams

I wanted to keep you to myself like secret.

My small star, my small heart

You came into me.

I was truly trembling when you were in front of me.

I drew you in my mind.

I kept you in my dreams.

I met you, I met you like this.

Why did you make my heart, my heart tremble?

As I was hit by a cold wind, it was you who gave me warmth.

Just like this, us only. (us only) our love between us will go on forever.

As time goes on, as time goes by.

My only love.

I will look at you only.

My love for you will only grow.

My small star, my small heart

You came into me.

I was truly trembling when you were in front of me.

I drew you in my mind.

I kept you in my dreams.

As I was hit by a cold wind, it was you who gave me warmth.

Just like this, us only. (us only) our love between us will go on…

Even if it’s a dream, I will still meet you.

I will be the first to show you everything in my heart.

I drew you in my mind.

I kept you in my dreams.

As I was hit by a cold wind, It was you who gave me warmth.

Just like this, us only. (us only) our love between us will go on forever

Just like this, us only.

*ALSO please credit if you're going to take out.*

Guest Poh90

I'm confused too...

But if what happen in the 2months never happen, BD never met HJ, his hair was never short then how do they explain Minam's case. Then he wouldn't be caught and gt exile. And if BD never went to the future, he wont be in the woods at that time(since he gt there after teleporting back) in the 1st place and wont get attack by the assasin.

have to wait till wed comes again...

So true. As drama watchers we are so inundated with the concept of "fated love", that we seem to just go there by default. There's definitely food for thought there. What if BD and HJ don't just have to overcome the obstacle of time, but also have to fight fate?

Yeps, we've been trained on the "fated lovers" concept since our wee days of drama-watching. And it isn't just Korean, just look at all the Western sci-fi/fantasy tv shows - fate is everywhere. I'd be very interested to see if Writer Song is going to go against the grain and make "fate" the enemy this time around. It'll definitely be a refreshing twist.

Do we have any idea on how long Boong Do has been back in Joseon? I know that he mentioned that he lost a substantial amount of memory and that he was unconscious for 7-10 days after he was attacked upon his return but later we see his manservant talking to him, I believe he wanted to take him back to the capital at this point, but he seems have already grown a small topknot (unless it them just manipulating his hair for his hat) --- given hair grows about an inch every two months (depending on genetics, hair care, etc.) could time literally fly by for him yet crawl for Hee Jin [Was I the only one thinking that time was parallel to both periods?]?

Given the previews it almost looks like they re-wrote just about everything. I mean it looked as if Hee Jin & Dong Min reconciled and were now a couple [excuse me while I clean off the vomit on my keyboard]. At the moment I'm not even sure that both Hee Jin & Boong Do having lingering thoughts over forgetting something/someone important is enough to make that vile image easier to digest. Yep, I really despise Dong Min.

Oh dearie, you do abhor the guy don't you. :sweatingbullets: Well, if it makes you feel better, I do not think DM and HJ actually got back together as BF/GF. Rather it was DM being his usual self and making a ruckus with the media/public about their potential - well to him, real - romance.

I also was of the mind that time was progressing at the same speed in both time periods, since when BD was supposed to have died by an "illness" in Jeju like HJ was told from the historical records, BD should have died "3 days ago." And BD also said on the phone that it took him 3 days to learn how to use a public pay phone.

MAybe the worried look she had in episode 1 was because she read that he lost his memory thus, doesn't remember their promise. Even though she knew he forgot she hoped that he'll some how remember her and appear once more in the 21st century. That's why when she saw him appear she was soo relieved because she didn't think he'd show up.

Do you guys think he'll get a new amulet? Cause we show him time jump in episode one and now that's it's broken.... ???

Historical records are not as detailed about things such as memory loss or illnesses for politically less important or reknowned people, etc. So it'll probably be unlikely that HJ will read about the specifics of his life through historical records. Usually, it'll be the big events like career promotions, marriage, kids (even this is questionable), death.

If the writer/PD does make "fate" the enemy, I'm not sure they'll make it easy for BD to use another talisman. From the beginning I was very curious as to who drew the enchantment. Is the monk related to HJ's time? Is s/he "fate" or its messenger?

Dduk, so great to see you here! Soompi reunion! ^_^

Yeps, we've been trained on the "fated lovers" concept since our wee days of drama-watching. And it isn't just Korean, just look at all the Western sci-fi/fantasy tv shows - fate is everywhere. I'd be very interested to see if Writer Song is going to go against the grain and make "fate" the enemy this time around. It'll definitely be a refreshing twist.

Oh dearie, you do abhor the guy don't you. :sweatingbullets: Well, if it makes you feel better, I do not think DM and HJ actually got back together as BF/GF. Rather it was DM being his usual self and making a ruckus with the media/public about their potential - well to him, real - romance.

I also was of the mind that time was progressing at the same speed in both time periods, since when BD was supposed to have died by an "illness" in Jeju like HJ was told from the historical records, BD should have died "3 days ago." And BD also said on the phone that it took him 3 days to learn how to use a public pay phone.

Historical records are not as detailed about things such as memory loss or illnesses for politically less important or reknowned people, etc. So it'll probably be unlikely that HJ will read about the specifics of his life through historical records. Usually, it'll be the big events like career promotions, marriage, kids (even this is questionable), death.

If the writer/PD does make "fate" the enemy, I'm not sure they'll make it easy for BD to use another talisman. From the beginning I was very curious as to who drew the enchantment. Was the monk related to HJ's time? Was s/he "fate"?

I believe the moment HJ wakes up, she was told that she's DM's gf, and just goes along with the flow, since before she met BD.... she probably had lingering feelings for DM, since he was her ex.

Yes the time is progressing at the same speed im sure since if the dates i analysed were correct, everything makes sense.

Just that, now, the time is shifted back by a month in 2012, but still, the same speed in progression...

And that's one thing why i love time-travelling dramas. Because history is so vague, the writers can manipulate the story awesomely, without directly changing history.

Yes, who drew the enchantment, thats a big question.

Another thing is the car. The car Heejin drove at the opening scene is the car he bought her. Same car plate number. So im wondering…. If the car is still there…… then it doesn’t make sense that the whole part of their time together in 2012 is gone from history.

Also, if the car is with HJ… that means Boongdo’s sword would have vanished… As Boongdo, he should realise that his precious sword was not with him right?

Hahah anyway, now netizens are talking about Ji Hyun Woo's sexy chest... due to this pic.

d009b3de9c82d1584c114414800a19d8bd3e4287.jpg

Queen Inhyun's man is creating quite a hype in Korea, despite it only being a cable drama.

So glad for it!

This weeks ep had above 3% ratings.

Lets hope it can exceed 4, like Vampire prosecutor... And maybe... 5???:)

Guest vbomtori

Thread has jumped many pages – really glad more and morepeople are watching this drama. J

Just watched EP 8 with Chinese subs and I must say that Iguessed it would go down the memory loss route – just a spoiler alert – somehearts will be broken after EP 8, but it makes for great entertainment and Ireally can’t wait for the writer’s advancement of this drama – so exciting andriveting ! Let's hope they get an award for their efforts ^^ (Best couple toKBD-CHJ please ! ^^)

Also thought that something would happen to the talisman –he dropped it 1 too many times and it was only eventually he’d be careless withit. Glad they addressed that issue – good to know that some of us here can begreat drama writers (not me) – heh heh heh ;P

Everything about this drama has tied in flawlessly together– other than the time travel portion that leaves room for interpretation andmany loopholes that we are slowly uncovering.

Am loving all their long periods of gazes for EP 7 and EP 8– am glad that they didn’t make HJ a regular damsel in distress, more of aspunky person – that’s the charisma KBD fell for ! ^^

Also still a little confused over EP 8 – especially aboutthe changing of history, so I’m definitely going to re-watch it again (like Ialways do; sigh, this drama is ever so awesome) and am going to try and spotclues for the next episode.

I think one of the heartbreaking scenes is the fact that HJasked BD if he was a professional con-artist. So now, with our memory-lossportion already geared to go, it would complicate things. Perhaps she wouldrecall him saying that and really believe that he was just out to lie to her.

But what would I know – I just thought that scene washeartbreaking on its own; little did I know more heartbreaking scenes would befollowing up with this one. :/

Also cannot believe that he sold his father’s heirloom tobuy her a car – I wish they had a dialogue exchange, something along the linesof how touched she was and she was glad that BD did this but he didn’t have togo to such an extent but – yeah well -

It was an Audi right ? I don’t blame HJ. ;P

If anything, I wouldn’t want to lose all those brilliantexchanges between our 2 leads. Their love is just so simple, yet complex due totime travel. Probably going to re-watch the kiss scenes again – mua ha ha>:D

And the mystery behind the talisman and HJ’s purpose in thestory continues …

Cheers ^^ till the next episode !

PS: am loving Su Gyeong’s exasperated expressions and DM’sjealousy ! :D poor managers haha !

PSS: I am needing some history lessons and time and dates –if our dashing scholar has forgotten 2 months worth of information + after hewas attacked, he went into a coma for about 10 days – where exactly in the timesense are we in now ? For sure the teaser/spoiler photos show that HJ is onceagain in the hospital – EP 9 will be set in which time frame ?

I’m confused. :S

Only wish we could discuss all the nitty gritty detailstogether – so many people digging into the history books and observing thedates of important historical events, just for the sake of understanding this drama a little better. :)

Guest vbomtori

Just want to add -

LINK: http://www.56.com/u71/v_NjgxNzgzMjQ.html

Chinese subs for the show EP 8 - hopefully it works :)

I'm restraining myself from watching the whole ep 8 raw as this time i'm determined to watch with subs to get the whole effect of the episode (have watched kiss scene though ahah..couldn't resist!)

I don't think JH and DM will get back together though as erased as memories may be, their history goes way back and i don't think she was ever on the past to reconciliation with him.

On another note, doesn't it feel like their drama is live-shooting haha? As history changes, the trajectory of their script changes (not literally, but sequentially). Only HJ would get history whiplash knowing the prior history and current history hahahah.

HELLO FELLOW VIEWERS! I am new to this thread, and recently just got on board. Linwe  wub.gif got me to watch the drama, and then I was sorta waiting on it for the synced subs to be released. But I couldn't last anymore and gave in. I watched episodes 3-5 just earlier with out of synced subs and then went back to read subs itself just so I wouldn't miss anything. This is all irrelevant, sorta...but I'm watching Rooftop Prince and King 2Hearts and I have to say THISSSSSSSSS is my favorite right now. It's still new as I am barely just going to start episode 6, but it's so adorable and cute, and I love it! 

I remember really liking Hyun Woo from Over the Rainbow back then, but he is simply soooo lovable in here too! I was really touched and totally having a fangirl moment when Hee Jin picks up her phone from episode 5 after being so sad thinking Boong Do has died, only for him to call with this gigantic cheeky grin. D'awwwww! 

Okay, I shall be back to join in discussion with you gals/guys hopefully when I am caught up! :] 

Archived