Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

tilac said: Guys !! Someone on CJW IG mentioned that rumor says CJW, Kim Woo Bin and Park Shin Hye act drama in China - Korea "Night Star" but NOT CONFIRM.Hope it's for real, not just a rumor though !!
ellelyana88: Did you have any scoop of this from weibo or anywhere else ???

@tilac, I saw that person's comment too. But nothing come out when I search for it --> google, naver, weibo, and baidu (english, korean and chinese language). Park Shin Hye is currently filming for her November airing drama - Pinocchio with Lee Jong Suk. I doubt that rumour, cuz korean or chinese sites must've been the first to report about it.  :D

Have you guys watch this interview of her on a Chinese program - Dai Ni Kan Xing Xing (Bring You to See The Star) yet? The subtitle is in Chinese. I cannot hard sub for the video, but I can do the text translation for it. But, it's gonna take awhile to sub it. haha. :)) I'm not sure if anyone have posted the translation for the interview, but i searched "Dai Ni Kan Xing Xing Choi Ji Woo Soompi", no result from this thread came out. So I guess, I will do u guys a favour to do the translation (but spare me some time to do it, I'm newbie translator.. :D )

chaseungwon.png

CHA SEUNG WON and CHOI JI WOO appeared in “MIX & MATCH”.

In cable channel Mnet’s entertainment show “MIX & MATCH” aired in the evening on the 23, BOBBY’s solo performance at recent YG Family party was displayed.

BOBBY looked nervous, and said, “I thought I would do no more solo performance after ‘Show Me the Money’, but I doing this again now.” Many YG artists and actors attended the day’s YG party. Notably, CHA SEUNG WON and CHOI JI WOO caught viewers eyes upon their appearance.

Other than CHA SEUNG WON and CHOI JI WOO, EPIK HIGH, PSY, BIGBANG and others made appearance at the party. BOBBY looked nervous in front of the crowd, but he successfully rounded off his solo performance.

Source: 

http://ygunited.com/2014/10/cha-seung-won-and-choi-ji-woo-showed-top-stars-aura-in-mix-match/

ellelyana88 said: @tilac, I saw that person's comment too. But nothing come out when I search for it --> google, naver, weibo, and baidu (english, korean and chinese language). Park Shin Hye is currently filming for her November airing drama - Pinocchio with Lee Jong Suk. I doubt that rumour, cuz korean or chinese sites must've been the first to report about it.  :D

tilac said: ellelyana88 said: @tilac, I saw that person's comment too. But nothing come out when I search for it --> google, naver, weibo, and baidu (english, korean and chinese language). Park Shin Hye is currently filming for her November airing drama - Pinocchio with Lee Jong Suk. I doubt that rumour, cuz korean or chinese sites must've been the first to report about it.  :D

ellelyana88 said: tilac said: ellelyana88 said: @tilac, I saw that person's comment too. But nothing come out when I search for it --> google, naver, weibo, and baidu (english, korean and chinese language). Park Shin Hye is currently filming for her November airing drama - Pinocchio with Lee Jong Suk. I doubt that rumour, cuz korean or chinese sites must've been the first to report about it.  :D

tilac said: ellelyana88 said: tilac said: ellelyana88 said: @tilac, I saw that person's comment too. But nothing come out when I search for it --> google, naver, weibo, and baidu (english, korean and chinese language). Park Shin Hye is currently filming for her November airing drama - Pinocchio with Lee Jong Suk. I doubt that rumour, cuz korean or chinese sites must've been the first to report about it.  :D

Friends how about our princess promoting temptation in China..is it cancel or just rumours only..No matter what it is hoping our JW will have a project soon..just miss her so much..Ellelyana when did the interview Dai ni Kan XIng Xing happened?  Although dont even understand yhe interview even a bit I keep on watching it..

eyan said: Friends how about our princess promoting temptation in China..is it cancel or just rumours only..No matter what it is hoping our JW will have a project soon..just miss her so much..Ellelyana when did the interview Dai ni Kan XIng Xing happened?  Although dont even understand yhe interview even a bit I keep on watching it..

As promised, here's the text format translation for Dai Ni Kan Xing Xing video. Sorry, I didn't typeset it into the video itself. Please bear with the long text.  :D

CY- CHUN YE (CHINESE REPORTER); CJW - CHOI JI WOO; MC KIM - (KOREAN MALE REPORTER)
CY: Many thanks to KALLA, the technological inner beauty comfortable glasses by KALLA Eyewear, for their strong support of this program. Hello everyone! I am Chun Ye. Here, we are going to visit a beautiful Korean actress. Who is she? What she would look like in real life? For today's visit trip, I invited MC Kim as my company. Hi.... (waving)MC Kim: Hi! How are you? (waving)MC Kim: We are currently at a place that is frequented by many famous celebrities, Sinsa-dong Garosu-gil. At this trendy location which young people really like, we are going to meet a beautiful goddess! Let's go in! CY: At this trendy location, we are going to visit a Hallyu Queen. Let's go!MC Kim: Let's go!CY: Go..**************************************************************************[Inside the cafe (?), staffs are setting up the equipments]
CY: She's coming in. Waaa...MC Kim: Hello, Jiwoo-ssi?CJW: Nice to meet you.MC Kim: Yes, nice to meet you.CJW: Hello.. Hello..CY: Hello..CJW: Hello everyone, I'm Choi Ji Woo (giggles)
CJW Picture caption: [Hallyu Queen], [Korean Goddess], [Princess Ji Woo]
MC Kim: Nice to meet you, CJW-ssi. (bowing)CJW: Yes, Hello everyone. (bowing)CY: Firstly, I would like to give you a gift from China. [Putting a red box on the table]CJW: Aaa... Thank you very much.[Opening the red box]CJW: Whoaa! (In awe)CY: A very traditional Chinese traditional tea set. And then, its texture is of very traditional Chinese red porcelain. CJW: Aww, veerryy beautiful. Very beautiful (in Chinese)CY: The meaning behind it is that your career and life would be booming. It's a very good meaning. I hope you like it.CJW: Isn't this very cute? (showing cute red cup). Thank you very much (bowing). Really, thank you so much.
Clip's Narration: Amidst the intense competition in Korean showbiz, CJW is not considered as the "standard beauty", but her personality wins. She's definitely belongs to the non-mainstream looks, but fate is undoubtly has another arrangement for her. She has co-starred with three A-list "Nation Male God" in the first-tier of three brilliant drama series in Korean history, <<Beautiful days>>, <<Winter Sonata>>, and <<Stairway to Heaven>>. This unprecedented "feat" (of popularity) has yet to be surpassed until today, might as well to be a permanent record in Korean Guinness Record. CJW had unusually smooth debut. In her first recognized television work <<First Love>>, although she was just starred as a supporting role, but due to the insane popularity of the "Nation Drama" series, she gained a lot of attention. Among the greatest achievement (due to First Love drama) was to get to know her "Best Partner", Bae Young Joon. 
CY: We had BYJ in our program previously. I got to know that you and BJY work together for the first time in 1996 in the drama <<First Love>>. I'm curious, what was your feeling when you worked together for the first time with BYJ?CJW: I worked together for the first time with BYJ in <<First Love>>, but at that time, BYJ was already a star. Meanwhile, I was just started for my first drama, and I contemplated a lot whether to get along with him or not. It was difficult because for me, he was a senior at that time.MC Kim: Yea, you and BYJ at that time was really young.CJW: Right! But now I dare not to watch it (the drama).MC Kim: Why?CJW: Because the acting was sooo awkward.MC Kim: Ahaha..because it was your first time?CJW: Yeah.. and another thing is, my voice tone was not the same as I am now. 
Clip: her tone was very deep..hahhahaha
CJW: My voice was totally like another person! CY: Ok, just now you said, when you acted in <<First Love>>, BYJ was already your senior. But, when you both were working together, did BYJ took care of you who is his junior?CJW: Well, that time I did a lot of NGs. There were a lot of script lines too. As the newcomer that acts for the first time, if I did NG, I suddenly forgot my lines completely. After the NG...MC Kim: Feeling sorry, right?CJW: Yea, and my mind went totally blank, my face turned red, I became totally helpless. In that situation, he (BYJ) comforted me. In that sense, I was really thankful to him.MC Kim: He (BYJ) gave off a kind of myterious vibe to us. (CJW nodded agreeing). But in fact, what kind of person is he?CJW: He is a considerate person, and very thoughtful too. And sometimes can be humorous too.
CLIP: After <<First Love>>, from 2001 until 2003, she starred in 1 (drama) production each year. With the spirit of model worker in the industry, she starred in <<Beautiful Days>>, <<Winter Sonata>>, and <<Stairway to Heaven>>. She became the talk of the town and the drama ratings soaring high, the success rate can be described as hundred percent. More over, whether it is <<Beautiful Days>>'s Lee Byung Hun, <<Stairway to Heaven>>'s Kwon Sang Woo, or her twice partner <<Winter Sonata>>'s Bae Young Joon, who give off both star persona and strong skill in their acting, the "Nation Male God" who swept off old and young generation and "female killer", CJW has really showed off great chemistry with them, established herself a unique status in Korean showbiz. Unlike her on-screen sentimental image, CJW in real life has bright and honest character,  and very feminine. On the screen, her great acting with three biggest "Male God" hooked the audience. Off screen, they have established a profound friendship, which make the fans overjoyed. 
CY: I realized that you've not only worked together with BYJ, but you've also worked together with Lee Byung Hun in a drama entitled <<Beautiful Days>>. But, you know Lee Byung Hun called (dubbed) you as "A loyal servant", right? May I know why did he adrress you with such special nickname? CJW: But, I'm very dissatified with it (the nickname). There are many other beautiful name to choose from, why it must be "servant"?! (steam coming off her head..haha)MC Kim: Such as "a loyal beauty"CJW: Yea, that's what I meant. MC Kim: Like "a loyal Jiwoo"CJW: Yes, yes! There are so many..why did he have to call someone as a "servant"? He (LBH) treats me like he treats a younger brother (dongsaeng). MC Kim: Obviously a slender actress...CJW: That's what I meant! Actually, I filmed a lot of works with Byung Hun oppa. Such as the drama <<Beautiful Days>>, we filmed it for more than 6 months. Then, the movie <<Everybody Has Secret>> we also played as opposite partner. Apart from that, there were also many commercials that we worked together with, therefore we are really close. So, he makes me feel like a younger sister because we have worked together many times. CY: Just now you described LBH, how would you describe Kwon Sang Woo? CJW: Previous actor I worked with such as LBH and BYJ, they both are older than me (an oppa to me). Not only an oppa, but also a senior. So, I've been somewhat cautious, and they treat me like a younger sister, as I am their junior. KSW on the other hand is pretty much the same age as I am, our birthday few months apart, so I have a feeling like a friend with him. So it was really fun during the filming. 
CLIP: <<Beautiful Days>>, <<Winter Sonata>> and <<Stairway to Heaven>>, at that time these three drama series set off a "sadness whirlwind". Most of the characters that CJW acted as faced a lot of difficulties, with sad life experience, which distraught the audience. But, the envious part is that no matter how the heroine suffered a setback, the hero always fond, staying behind devotedly, and even if they are cruel and mean to everyone else in the world, they always care for the heroine from the bottom of their heart. Of course, most of these touching love story are purely fictional and dreamlike. So in real life, how would CJW portray her own love story? 
MC Kim: The hero in the TV series portrayed love as the most important thing in the world to the audience, but truthfully, is your ideal man also one who throw himself to love like those heroes?
[preview clip]Narration: What is CJW ideal man?CJW: "Can I tell all of it?"Narration: Who is the mystery guest she will invite in this program?CJW: "Arong aaaa"Narration: Will the MC questions difficult for her to answer? CY: "Can you do all of this by yourself?"MC Kim: "They described a lot of your extraordinary habit"CJW: "I really don't know about that myself"
[Lee Hyun Woo preview]***************************************************************************
MC Kim: The hero in the TV series portrayed love as the most important thing in the world to the audience, but truthfully, is your ideal man also one who throw himself to love like those heroes?CJW: I wish they can devote whole-heartedly!MC Kim: So, because you have yet found that kind of person...CJW: Yea, sort of. Because I have yet found that kind of person, so I'm still single. (sweat)MC Kim: So, your ideal man is "the man who only love me, whole-heartedly"CJW: [giggle][blush]MC Kim: No?CJW: I wish he is someone who is considerate to others... can I tell all of it?MC Kim: Of course!CJW: Do we have enough time? Is it okay?[Bomb]MC Kim: Today we came only to hear you talk. So, firstly, a man who only love CJW...CJW: [start counting and blushing] considerate to others..., one who is like a friend to me..., like an oppa to me..., [laugh]CY: Wow, where do we find such a perfect person?MC Kim: Don't you have any demand on the look-wise? You are tall anyway.CJW: I am not picky on the look, but I hope he is taller than me. (sweat)[burst into laughter]
CJW: Because among the female, I am considered as tall, just about the same height is okay. As long as it looks matching is all right. CY: When you walk in just now, I realized that you are such a tall person. I think that among the actress circle, your height is considered as "taller". So, wouldn't there be some limitations in the choice of filming partner? CJW: Fortunately, every one I worked with are tall in person. BYJ is tall, KSW is tall too.MC Kim: But Lee Sung Jae is not that tall though. CJW: In Sung Jae oppa case, I didn't wear high heel in that drama (Air City). MC Kim: Ah, that's right.CJW: The character... MC Kim: Always wearing sneakers in the drama...CJW: Because I always wearing flat shoes, so he looks much taller than I am. As long as I don't wear high heel, the difference of our height looks all right. MC Kim: In melodrama, there always have kiss scenes right? [blush]CJW: right, right...MC Kim: Because you are tall, so during the filming of the upper body part, have you ever experience the situation where the height (of the male actor) need to be adjusted? I heard there were situations like that (during filming). CJW: [sweat]Yes, I have experienced it. MC Kim: So, it's true there is something like that! Then, do you face any difficulties because of your tall height?CJW: In fact, occassionally I have to stand in split leg. Just occasionally...
CLIP: Following the success of the three dramas, CJW accumulated high popularity in many countries in Asia. Her success, with acting strength over time, with discern eye in the selection of works, was accounted for the influence of rapid advances of Korean drama in recent years. Of course, her unique charm is also undeniable. Although she is not recognized as a "beauty at first glance", but her elegance qualities and natural skillful acting is unforgettable. In South Korea, she is regarded as the goddess actress, whose fans are all over Southeast Asia. 
CY: I want to ask you, in your opinion, what is your greatest charm that attracted the audience? CJW: In spite of saying it as CJW's charm, it was the character that I portrayed brought bigger impact. Because the characters are all lady-like, very feminine, these contributed the plus effect. CY: Moreover, they dubbed you as "Princess Jiwoo". I think this "princess" nickname, doesn't it give you any pressure?CJW: How could it be? Princess is very nice. Hahaha..MC Kim: Now, shouldn't we upgrade "Princess Jiwoo"?CJW: This "princess" nickname, isn't it sound cute? MC Kim: Don't you like "Queen Jiwoo"?CJW: I don't like it. [laugh]MC Kim: So, you don't like "Queen Jiwoo". CY: We are curious, during your spare time, what are the things you do?CJW: Although I can't do it everyday, but three or four times on weekly basis, I do some stretching and simple workouts. MC Kim: Usually, do you like going for a walk?CJW: Yes, I go for a walk...I practice ballet too. MC Kim: Oh, really?CJW: Yes...MC Kim: Then today, we are going to see what did you usually do. We are going to walk into your daily life. CJW: Actually, I led a really boring life. [sweat] MC Kim: But we think it would be fun though! We want to follow you to have a look, if you permit. CJW: Okay...MC Kim: May we?CJW: Of course, you may.CY: Really? Okay, today we can experience for ourselves CJW's daily life. CJW: Yes, yes.[Come out from the cafe]***************************************************************************[At the Hangang riverside park]MC Kim: It feels really good coming to Hangang riverside, isn't it?CY: Wow, it's very beautiful.MC Kim: But CJW-ssi, did you go for a walk alone? Isn't it feels too lonely?CJW: Right, walking alone is really bored. MC Kim: Is there someone accompany you?CJW: Of course there is. CY: Whoa, there is someone accompany you!MC Kim: We are looking forward to it! Who is it?CJW: Do you want to see who is it?MC Kim: Yes!CJW: Arong aaaaa!MC Kim: It's a puppy!CJW: Yes.MC Kim: What was its name again?CJW: It's Arong.CY: Arong???MC Kim: A-rong.CJW: Isn't it looks like a bear doll? Looks like a teddy bear. MC Kim: It seems to behave really good. SY: Can I hug it?CJW: Yes, yes, you can!CY: So cute!MC Kim: This is such a good (behave) puppy. Looks like hugging a child too. It must thought that she's its mom. CJW: Mom..mom.. (in Chinese)CY: But I know that CJW has another nickname, that is "Puppy's Mom".CJW: No, not mom. It's Unnie. [sulky]CY: [sweat]MC Kim: It's Unnie, why call her mom?! CY: Aaa, I was wrong. I was wrong. It's sister..It's sister...MC Kim: Does it like to go for a walk? [pointing to Arong-ie]CJW: Want to go for a walk? MC Kim: Does it know how to walk?CY: Let's go for a walk together.MC Kim: It always being hugged, doesn't it forget how to walk anymore? Ah, it can walk.CJW: Let's go! MC Kim: Oh, walk forward. It doesn't seems to like to walk.
Caption: [Ecstacy back view] (CJW running with Arong) [Please don't drag me to run~~][Taking pictures with sponsored smartphone - Vivo]CY: I feel really happy. MC Kim: Very thankful that you bring us to Hangang.CY: Me too want to thank CJW for bringing us to Hangang. You know coming to South Korea for the past few days, I feels affectionate when seeing the Hangang. Therefore, as a token of appreciation for your hospitality, I prepared some snacks, and would like to have a picnic with you.CJW: Really? MC Kim: When talking about picnic, we will think of snack, isn't it? CJW: Yes, I am already hungry.MC Kim: Therefore, we have prepared some snacks. Let's change to a more comfortable place, and sit down for a talk. Is it all right?CJW: Yes, of course.MC Kim: Let's go eat some snacks!MC Kim: We prepared it over here.CY: Ta-daa..![Arranging the food]
CY: [thanking the audience and some introduction - speedily]CJW: Wow!MC Kim: Isn't her Chinese really excellent? How come she is really good?CY: Is it good?MC Kim: Please try it (to CJW)CJW: Yes, looks really yummy.MC Kim: Do you like it? CJW: Yes, I do. It suits the mood.MC Kim: And it's not raining today, the weather is cool. If the sunlight too bright, female always doesn't like it. Because it will cause the black spot to appear. CJW: But, I like sunlight very much. [laugh]MC Kim: Then, should I call for the sun to come out? Okay, Sun! [dark cloud CG]. The sun is not listening to me.CY: Why are you calling it?MC Kim: Please have a taste.CJW: Yes, I will enjoy it then.MC KIm: Even though it is the same food, but eating it outside make it more delicious. How was it? Have you eaten Kimbab previously (to CY)?CY: Yes, I ate it before. Coming to South Korea, isn't it a must to try Kimbab?MC Kim: Yeah, it is.CY: I want to know, do you make this (food) by yourself? Like sushi, or sandwich, or something else.CJW: [shake her head] [sweat][Giggle]MC Kim: You must have some dishes that you know how to cook, right?CJW: Up to now, I still eat my mom's cooking. MC Kim: Ah, you still live together.CJW: My mom keeps cooking for me, so I don't have many opportunity to cook in the house. MC Kim: But, what about during your mom's birthday?CJW: During her birthday, we eat out. [laugh]MC Kim: You didn't cook seaweed soup for her?CJW: Those kind of thing I do know how to make it. I know how to make seaweed soup...I know to make Bulgogi too...MC KIm: So, you're really good then!CJW: Because my mom is a good cook. CY: Then, What is your most favourite mom's dish? CJW: I like to eat meat very much.MC Kim: Kalbi (barbecued ribs)...CJW: Yes, Kalbi...and Red Barbequed Ribs! Also, Japchae...MC Kim: You like Japchae too.. Your have a common taste then.CJW: Yes, even though it is the same meat, I like it to be done in Korean way more. CY: I am curious, if you and your friends sometimes would have some small camping (gathering) privately?CJW: Oh, I came here Hangang with Kim Tae Hee not so long ago. MC Kim: Really? When was it?CJW: At night.MC Kim: Ah, secretly come here at night?CJW: We bought some coffee, but we couldn't find suitable place to drink because we bought a take-out. So, we came to Hangang, and we drank coffee somewhere near here. MC Kim: Just the two of you?CJW: Yes, just the two of us.MC Kim: Did you do something else with other people (friend)?CJW: I always went to watch the movie with my friends.MC Kim: Who did you watch the movie with?CJW: I went with Yeon Hee.MC Kim: You always go to watch the movie with Lee Yeon Hee?CJW: Yes. Actually, me and Lee Yeon Hee live nearby. Even if we didn't make any advance appointment, we still can plan to meet on the spot.MC Kim: Previously, there was this variety show that interviewed a few of your friends. They said you have a lot of extraordinary habits. CJW: I don't know about it myself! [laugh] They probably have said something like this, because we always go to watch the movie, I must sit at the centre.MC Kim: Ah, the centre seat. CJW: Yes. I really hate to watch the movie from the side seats. Therefore, I always went to midnight movies, because I want to lift my leg. [laugh]
Picture Caption: Watching midnight movie alone is really fun!CY: I realized that the on-screen CJW is a "princess", but I feel the gentle image of your real self is very warm and friendly. So, after the interview today, we hope CJW can greet the Chinese audience. CJW: Today is really fun. The shooting is very pleasant too. It seems like I casually utter about a lot of things. [laugh]MC Kim: No, you talk it well. CJW: I hope more people would love me, I will meet everyone with better film and drama in the future. CY: We anticipate for your career development in China, hoping to see more images of you.CJW: Yes, me too.MC Kim: I will support you too. Thank you for accepting the interview.CJW: Yes, thank you. JSTV Bringing You To The Star! (in Chinese)[Signing]
Remarks: Errmm..based on Healing Camp interview, I do not agree she had it smooth for her debut though. But, it's true that she got recognized after <<First Love>>. 
  • Like 1

Update from Jiwoolove Weibo:
Video Caption Translation: Cable Entertainment News - Looking for Choi Ji Woo in Busan, South Korea. There are many artists came from Busan, many of them are born in Busan, but a few of them are well-known, none other than Choi Ji Woo. Choi Ji Woo previously shot a range of photographs for tourist, in order to promote tourist attraction in Busan.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/xnOz11c-_Rw/?FR=LIAN

ellelyana88 said: eyan said: Friends how about our princess promoting temptation in China..is it cancel or just rumours only..No matter what it is hoping our JW will have a project soon..just miss her so much..Ellelyana when did the interview Dai ni Kan XIng Xing happened?  Although dont even understand yhe interview even a bit I keep on watching it..

Ellelyana88: Thanx for the translation. I went through all the CJW's videos that I kept in store but couldn't find it. I only found the one without eng. sub. I'll try to go through it one more time. And sorry guys I couldn't really find it and I'm very frustrated.

from the interview we know that our princess still live with her parents..Like it.. a good daughter indeed...like the interview so much because it focus more on our JW daily life and her co star..she did give good thought on her co star..we may know more about her and how she lead her life everyday..keep on praying soon she will find her life partner..maybe she already have ones but keep it as a secret..because she had said after broke up with her ex bf,she wont go public with her love affair..Now what we need the most is our JW new project..I really want to see our JW in a movie because her last movie actresses was in 2009..hope YG will do something about that..