Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"5 South Korean celebrities who have been heartbroken in real life

by Shelly M on Thu, Apr 09, 2015

Bring out the tissues! K-drama fans aren't the only ones suffering deep heartache real life. Your favorite stars have had to overcome their own heartbreak that is definitely not in the script. The list below includes a few of the high-profile breakups where fans cried alongside their stars.

4. Choi Ji Woo

ChoiJiWoo.jpg

In the early 2000s, Choi was rumored to be dating her Winter Sonata co-star Bae Yong Jun, but it didn't work out in the end. In 2007, she met Lee Jin Wook on the set of Air City. They dated for three years before excessive media attention put a strain on their relationship. In December 2011, she told SBS's Healing Camp that she was lonely and never wanted to go public with her relationship again. 

“I’m very lonely these days and want to be in love. I don’t mind if the guy works in the entertainment industry, but I never want to go public with my relationship again.”

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/-south-korean-celebrities-who-have-been-heartbroken-in-real-life/

Looking at CJW these days with her smiles in front of the camera, sometimes we tend to forget that she has went through breakups before. Other that LJW which was the confirmed bf for CJW in 2009, maybe there were some others which were never known to the public.I really wish that she would have a really great guy that would always stand by her no matter what challenges she faces in life. Someone that would really love her and not her facade or status in reel. Someone who knows how to cherish her for who she is and steadfast, not swayed by any rumours or pressured by the public or paparazzis. Even if they are not gonna get married (which i think in these days is just a piece of paper unless they plan to have children)...as long as they are happy and are a support of each other, I would be just as contented.so, Dear angelic and mischievious Cupid, pls take out your golden arrow and aim precisely and clearly for the perfect heart's target!

• Like 1

April 11, 2015
“Grandpas Over Flowers” Ratings Peak with Lee Seo Jin and Choi Ji Woo’s Cooking
Source: Soompi
“Grandpas Over Flowers” reached nine percent in national viewer ratings on their third episode, maintaining their high ratings as usual.
On April 11, Nielson Korean Ratings revealed that the April 10 episode of “Grandpas Over Flowers” had a national average of nine percent, and 11.2 percent ratings at its peak.
On this broadcast, it showed them starting their tour of Athens, an opening tour to their Greece trip. Lee Seo Jin, Choi Ji Woo, and the grandpas dove into traveling from Acropolis all the way to the modern Olympic Stadium, sightseeing all the places that represent Athens.
“Baggage siblings” Lee Seo Jin and Choi Ji Woo especially caught viewers’ attention as they attempted making rice cake soup in a foreign country, in celebration of Lunar New Year.
Meanwhile, Lee Seo Jin, Choi Ji Woo, and the grandpas will be traveling to Meteora, Greece on next week’s episode of “Grandpas Over Flowers.”

• Like 2

April 10, 2015
‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ Lee Seo Jin and Choi Ji Woo, shouting for tteokguk in Athens 
Source: Innolife
14000_1.jpg
‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ Lee Seo-Jin and Choi Ji-Woo will challenge to make tteokguk.
At the third episode of tvN ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ in Greece which was aired on 10th, H4 Flower Grandpas and two porters started regular travel in Greece.
At this broadcast they greeted New Year’s Day in Athens. To make perfect meal for grandpas Choi Ji-Woo and Lee Seo-Jin started to make tteokguk. 
Choi Ji-Woo became a ‘Main Chef’ as she learned how to make tteokguk in Korea, and Lee Seo-Jin became an ‘Assistant Chef’, but they met hardship from the start. Choi Ji-Woo tried to make things pefect for tteokguk, but Lee Seo-Jin was not. The hotel room became battlefield because of them.
Also the broadcast was spectacle, having the representative tourist attraction of Greece such as an acropolis and Panathinaikos. [Photo=tvN]

• Like 2

Hey everyone! I wasn't really planning to post anything on here to be honest, like, I've mentally prepared myself to lurk for as long as I can, lol but omg I just can't handle CJW and LSJ's cuteness! I really can't! I am starting to go crazy because I couldn't talk to anyone about them ughhhh. So I thought, you guys might understand this thing I'm going through so I gave in.

First things first, I've been a huuuuge Choi Ji-Woo fan for almost...Idk, 12 years now? I was practically a fetus when I became of fan of hers (not true), but yeah, I was really young. I think I've been shipping her with BYJ longer than I can remember lmao! But that ship won't sail anymore boo. MEH. Jiwoo x SeoJin on the other hand, I mean, I will go down with this ship!! lol. I freakin love them together.  And I personally think they suit each other well. They're polar opposites but they're alike in some ways? Idk.
Don't you guys find it so interesting that they act like BFFs on the show (i.e. sharing each other's food, sitting next to each other ALL THE TIME, bickering, spoon-feeding???) when they basically only met again after several years in TMAD? I mean, I'm just speculating here. I can't help it. lmao. ALSO, they were sooo awkward during the press conference. I've never seen Ji Woo THAT awkward or conscious ever. It's sooo weird but I love it. 

So, there you go. This will be the first of many (possibly) nonsense posts lmfao. I'm so sorry.  :)>-

• Like 2

@scullaaay Welcome to uri Ji Woo club !! Totally understand your feelings when you said you couldn't talk to anyone about it. You need people who are in the same boat as you to relate to. 
Good observation on LSJ and CJW about their sharing stuff especially food (eating from the same plate). I noticed that too. You have to be quite close to do that especially if both are neat freak. Then I thought it probably is the Korean culture that you share things with your sunbae/oppa/onni/dongseng. Now that you mentioned it. I totally find it interesting. And yes the awkwardness was there during the press con. but then I thought  may be because they knew that people (halbae included) ship them hard and it's written all over the place ... ?!?!

• Like 2

tilac said: @scullaaay Welcome to uri Ji Woo club !! Totally understand your feelings when you said you couldn't talk to anyone about it. You need people who are in the same boat as you to relate to. 
Good observation on LSJ and CJW about their sharing stuff especially food (eating from the same plate). I noticed that too. You have to be quite close to do that especially if both are neat freak. Then I thought it probably is the Korean culture that you share things with your sunbae/oppa/onni/dongseng. Now that you mentioned it. I totally find it interesting. And yes the awkwardness was there during the press con. but then I thought  may be because they knew that people (halbae included) ship them hard and it's written all over the place ... ?!?!

• Like 2

@scullaaay I think uri Ji Woo is naturally an easy going person. I also think this is one of the reasons Na PD picked her (out of many actresses that he had over as guests to his shows) to pair with Seo Jinnie on this trip. He knows his hyung and he carefully chose her for him. As I mentioned in the GOF thread that it takes a Ji Woo to handle Seo Jinnie. She has the look, the cooking skill, the aeygyo and everything else that you could ask for .... I don't know how a guy wouldn't have feelings for a woman like that ... I wish I were him right now but I have to wish I were a man first !! lol  :))

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this has been posted on here before, but it looks like they're talking mostly about CJW and LSJ I guess. I wish I can understand Korean. :((

tilac said: @scullaaay I think uri Ji Woo is naturally an easy going person. I also think this is one of the reasons Na PD picked her (out of many actresses that he had over as guests to his shows) to pair with Seo Jinnie on this trip. He knows his hyung and he carefully chose her for him. As I mentioned in the GOF thread that it takes a Ji Woo to handle Seo Jinnie. She has the look, the cooking skill, the aeygyo and everything else that you could ask for .... I don't know how a guy wouldn't have feelings for a woman like that ... I wish I were him right now but I have to wish I were a man first !! lol  :))
  • Like 2

Hello to all my chingus here!

It's been a while! Long time no post! Since I am not working for a time being I can post now! =D> And delurk from my hibernating status... :D

Omg! Choi ji woo is so near but still I wasn't able to see her when the cast of GOF visited dubai! Biggest disappointment! :(

Bjy and Cjw is over and I jumped that shipped long time ago... :))

I am with you guys... I am shipping LSJ and CJW for life and for real!

GOF fighting! Hope the show will have a English sub! Wishful and hopeful mode on!

• Like 2

@yujien Good to see you back again. When GOF was in Dubai, I thought of you too. I was thinking how lucky you were that you might get to see uri Ji Woo in person.
@annichoi this is an awesome, talk of the town pic !! and it's not even in the drama .... lol !!

• Like 2