Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

March 24, 2015
Choi Ji-woo is real gem in ‘Grandpas over Flowers’
Four grandpas from “Grandpas over Flowers” are set to captivate viewers as the tvN’s hit reality show returns with mesmerizing Greek scenery and entertaining travel episodes. 

In the new season, which premieres Friday, their grumpy, young top actor-turned-travel guide Lee Seo-jin gets a helping hand from first-generation hallyu goddess Choi Ji-woo.
“Choi has two strengths. One is superb cooking skills. The other is her affability,” Lee said at a press conference held in Seoul on Tuesday. 
20150324001373_0.jpg
“Grandpas over Flowers in Greece” costars Choi Ji-woo (left) and Lee Seo-jin pose during a press conference in Seoul on Tuesday. (Yonhap)
“Throughout the trip, she has been a life of the party. She knows how to please senior cast members.”
Directed by Na Young-seok of such megahits as “2 Days & 1 Night” and “Three Meals a Day,” “Grandpas over Flowers” is a reality travel program featuring four Korean actors in their 70s: Lee Soon-jae, Shin Gu, Park Geun-hyung and Baek Il-Seop. Accompanied by Lee Seo-jin as their travel guide, driver, cook and personal assistant, the four go on a backpacking trip around the world. 
For the upcoming third season, in which they travel to Greece, actress Choi has joined the all-male cast.
“I chose Choi because I think she is a very hard-working individual. Her job on the show was to take care of senior actors. If the viewer checks out the show, they will find that she nailed her job,” said director Na. 
Choi has appeared in Na’s previous shows, most recently on “Three Meals a Day,” which also stars Lee Seo-jin. 
The “Grandpas over Flowers” franchise has been a smash hit in Korea. The previous season featuring Spain racked up the highest viewership ratings for the time slot among shows on both terrestrial and cable TV networks, according to media research firm Nielsen Korea. 
The first episode of “Grandpas over Flowers in Greece” will hit airwaves at 9:45 p.m. on Friday.
By Yeo Jun-suk (jasonyeo@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

Just saw a short clip for the press con at cjwfc...unfortunately it's very short and in Korean.... Would be wonderful to know what the questions thrown to them was and what are the answers that throw the reporteres into laughter :(Wonder if the presscon would be shown with English subtitles any time soon? [-O<

Thanx @rubie for all the posts. So many cupids for these 2. Na PD probably planned this since 3 Meals a Day. Well .. he courted the right person for his show. CJW has every quality the halbaes need. I love the way she fed a candy to Shin-Gu halbae . It was a very loving gesture. I hope Na PD will recruit her in his next trip with the grandpas and many to come. 

• Like 1

Thanks @rubie...as usual..her co stars will praise her working attitude but i guess even though she is friendly to all...it isnt easy to melt her heart... princess jiwoo...dont think too much...just follow your heart :)

• Like 1

I think it's a good thing if they started out as "oppa - dongseng" relationship. That way they have a chance to really get to know each other. People tend to be at their best behavior when they know they are courting. So if this "oppa - dongseng" will turn into something else then they will have a more solid relationship. Just my thought. 
Also CJW, to me, seems to be serious when it comes to relationship. She doesn't take it lightly and she is being very careful. So if she decides or wants to be with someone, she will make very certain that he is worth it because she will give her all. So LSJ ...if you really want her, you have to prove yourself, dude ! hee ! hee ! :D

• Like 1

The pc video clips may not have English subs, articles that came out provide some of the nice gist nonetheless.
March 25, 2015
Reality show `Grandpas over Flowers in Greece` airs Friday
Source: The Dong-A Ilbo  2015032542988.jpg

“I was given a role of luggage carrier. Lee Seo-jin did the most difficult part and I was just a mood maker. Lee’s score as luggage carrier is 90,” said actress Choi Ji-woo.
Cable channel tvN’s variety show “Grandpas over Flowers in Greece” is airing this Friday at 7:45 p.m. The show depicts four grandpas, Lee Soon-jae, Park Geun-hyeong, Shin Gu, Baek Il-seop, all with extensive acting experience in film and TV, travel with Lee Seo-jin, the youngest man on the show. Choi joins as the only woman for this season of the program. The juniors help with guiding, translating, carrying luggage and much more.
At a production press conference on Tuesday at the 63 Building in northern Seoul, Choi said, “I was anxious that four senior actors and Lee, who have been together in a backpack trip for three times, would feel uncomfortable because I was a newcomer. But we soon became intimate and it was really fun.”
“Five men travelling together isn’t fun. We were crossing a desert in Dubai and if Choi hadn’t been there with us, I would have sat there silent looking at sun going down. But Choi brightened up the mood,” Lee Seo-jin said.
Both young people are single but they didn’t create an affectionate mood, which was the exciting part. A photo was released in which the two sat on a hill like lovers at Santorini, but they were talking about how much travel expense was left. Lee Seo-jin said, “We had a tight budget but Choi insisted on expensive lodging and showed overspending and spendthrift habits,” to which Choi talked back smiling, “Lee kept by portion of money and didn’t give it to me. How could he scold me for overspending?”
Grandpas were just as energetic during the trip as they usually were. Lee Soon-jae, who earned a nickname of a “stubborn grandpa” joked when he passed by an aquarium full of rare fish, saying, “Wow, sashimi.” Baek Il-seop who hates walking had to walk a block of a street to eat at a restaurant.
“The latest season is also about four veteran actors travelling around, having meals, seeing nice scenery, sleeping and squabbling with luggage carriers,” the show’s producer Na Young-seok said. “I wanted to make a comfortable program that people can enjoy.”

• Like 2

Of all the 4 grandpas...i feel that jiwoo is closer to lee soon jae..maybe becoz he is the eldest or becoz she had been acting as his daughter once in mr duke 2000...and when he was invited to be the guest in 3 meals together with jiwoo...his first question to jiwoo was...arent you busy....

• Like 2

March 25, 2015
Hallyu star joins 'Grandpas Over Flowers'
By Kim Jae-heun The Korea Times
16-01(439).jpg
The cast members of the reality show "Grandpas Over Flowers" make heart shapes over their heads during a press conference at 63 Square in Seoul, last Tuesday. From left are producer Park Hee-yeon, actress Choi Ji-woo, actors Lee Soon-jae, Shin Goo, Park Geun-hyung, Baek Il-seob and Lee Seo-jin, and producer Na Young-seok. / Yonhap
Hallyu actress Choi Ji-woo has joined the fourth series of the reality travel show "Grandpas Over Flowers" with the five original members, Korean entertainment conglomerate CJ E&M announced in a press conference at 63 Square Building in Seoul, Tuesday. Choi is expected to invigorate the show which only starred men in previous seasons.
"When I and the four elderly actors were traveling together in the last seasons, we were too quiet, especially at the dinner table," said 40-something actor Lee Seo-jin, an original cast member who took the role as a tour guide for the popular program. "In our new episodes, Choi created an affectionate atmosphere with the seniors."
The younger actor and actress had good chemistry during the trip but often squabbled about their expenses, which resembled a fight between couples.
"Lee nagged me for overspending and did not share the money. My allowance is included in the whole program's budget, you know," said Choi during the press conference. Lee refuted that he was only doing his job as a financial manager and Choi spent money like she was on her private tour.
Lee joined the show in July 2013 along with four elderly actors. They backpacked in France, Switzerland, Taipei and Spain. In the fourth season, the program set its new destination as Greece, which the four elder celebrities chose over Cuba.
"We were agonizing over Greece and Cuba and we decided that Greece had the perfect weather for traveling," said Lee Soon-jae, the oldest grandfather in the show.
"Also, 10 days is too short for Cuba and the country has not yet established diplomatic relations with Korea," said Lee.
The youngest grandfather Baek Il-seob was not happy with the two junior members of the team, who made him walk to restaurants all the time.
"I will give five out of one hundred for Ji-woo and zero for Seo-jin. I don't understand why I had to walk a one-subway-station distance to eat," said Baek. "We even had a car."
Choi was worried about disappointing the original members who starred in the previous programs already, but in the end she felt comfortable traveling together.
"Grandpas Over Flower" gained popularity across the nation from its very first episode, which focused on four celebrity grandfathers with an average age of 76 visiting France and Switzerland. The cable program quickly topped the TV rating for tvN, a nationwide general entertainment network owned by CJ E&M.
Against this backdrop, a spin-off series "Sisters Over Flowers" starred top actresses mostly in their 50s, who had never appeared on reality TV before. They went on a 10-day trip to Istanbul, Zagreb, Split and Dubrovik, breaking stereotypes of actresses as they appeared on the show.
Another spin-off series "Youth Over Flowers" featured three singer-songwriters Yoon Sang, Yoo Hee-yeol and Lee Juck who backpacking in Peru and Laos with actors from "Reply 1994" Yoo Yeon-seok, Son Ho-jun and Baro. Throughout the eleven episodes the show recorded an average TV rating of 5 percent, whereas 1 percent is usually consider successful for a cable channel.
2015032500462_17.jpg
2015032500462_18.jpg

• Like 2

There's a reason why we love CJW. Nope, I stand corrected.. more than a reason. Physical beauty doesn't last but natural goodness within a person will always shine brightly. Like a good bottle of aged wine, she is full of flavor and of distinctive character.whether she's with children or elders, she naturally extends her warmth to the people around her. I believe in the GOP trip, her care towards the gramps would be shown quite clearly. There's no 'act' to it because she is just being herself - Choi Ji Woo.Through this trip I believe she has also made some self discovery on herself. Some of the photos shows her taking selfies with the gramps. Last I remembered, it seems at one time she was shy about taking selfies. But with this trip, she has changed. I lauded her change. I admire her change. And I look forward to her next evolution. =D> B-)

• Like 2