[Drama 2012] I do, I do 아이 두 아이 두

Guest yeohweping

@toGETherONE

“A part of me wilts, since I know how much this guy had fallen for our beautiful heroine, and it pains me to see how much he wanted to share every 'first time' experience with JA, being a perfect soul mate.  I think right there you can sense ES wished it was their pregnancy and not another guy's.  It's like as though ES got robbed blind from fulfilling his dream.”

I fully agree with you. My heart goes out to him when while performing the sonogram you can see in his eyes the sadness and the longing.

@IBELIS

Your ramblings are appreciated.  Your insights give a better understanding of the characters and the story.  (“,)

@robotmatsuri

Thank you for sharing the article on single mothers.

Reactions to the parents will most likely be divided. I think Jian’s parents’ response to her plight is a cultural orientation issue.  Let’s not forget that the drama is shown in the context of Korean culture.

I wonder what part of Jian’s life the change took place.  What happened at some point in her life that made her father act that way?  He always seems to be in a bad mood when it concerns Jian.  From the flashback, we see Jian’s parent so caring and loving her.  What gives?  As a result we see Jian, successful she may be career-wise but in terms of human relationship she falls short of it.  She isn’t branded as Medusa for nothing. 

Contrast that with Tae Kang’s family.  Tae Kang’s father must have done very good parenting job for Tae Kang to be what he is in spite of the absence of a mother.  The love between father and son is heartwarming.  They may bicker even for the most trivial thing but you can see the love and respect they have for each other.  Tae Kang’s presence might just be what Jian needs at the moment. And it’s doing her good.    With her present condition she needs all the love that she can get. 

It’s a treat seeing the two men waiting and exchanging description of the woman they were after not knowing that they were talking of one and the same person – Jian.  While waiting, we see Tae Kang, full of exuberance of youth, cannot sit still.  He restlessly kept himself mobile – walking around, exercising, doing kung fu moves, etc.  With exhilarated anticipation he waited, armed with a ring that he was prepared to give. The fact that the ring belonged to his grandmother and was told by his father to give it to the woman he’s to marry made it more poignant.  In contrast, Eun-sung waited in anxious expectation, knowing fully well that the parting at the restaurant was an unpleasant one.   Both men obviously felt something for Jian but were expressing that concern in their own distinct ways.  One was oblivious to what he felt saying that it was just curiosity.  The other was certain of his feelings but was stymied to pursue.  Both played hero to their lady in distress.   One took the shot of liquor to the point of drunkenness.  The other took the bullet of humiliation and disgrace in front of their parents’ eyes.  Really, there is no point of comparison.  Both have their charms.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW~ now I'm going to catch up on the 8 episodes of this drama. Seriously, I had a Rooftop Prince and King 2 Hearts hangover and now I'm ready to watch another drama. KSA looks good by the way. Love her being feisty and headstrong. I wonder how their love would come? Will be lurking here till the end. ^^

I've noticed that both JA and TK have said some really awful things to each other, but when they do they always feel ashamed of their behavior later and some times apologizes.The person who was verbally attacked thinks about what was said to them as if they are finding truths in what was said. In this episode TK didn't seem to be fazed by her rude remarks as much, I think he is accepting that this is how she functions and he will slowly toughen up, especially after his training starts. JA know's that TK saw the sonogram by now she should realize that he has figured out what it really is. 
ES I don't think has realized that he is trying to move the relationship forward on his own. The think that he finds attractive about JA is how much they were a like in their likes and dislikes. I think he fell for her because she show no interest in him , even though he had no intention of getting married I think he enjoyed being a chick magnet.Then he meets a woman who should find him irresistible, but doesn't show the slightest interest and don't care if she never see's him again. So he set's out to make her change her mind, all with the hopes of rejecting her when she does, she never does and his mission ends up trapping him. It's been stated here many times how ES is all about me, and his being in love with JA is no different.Right now he is still in shock, to find that the woman he has been chasing who has no interest in dating has done more than that, with some one that isn't him. At this point he has not given any thought to why he has only ran in to TK when it involves JA. 
Hopefully in the next episode both JA and ES will start to give some thought to TK's role.

Guest jdkk09

Great episode!
I loved the scene when she had to go to the restroom and TK started looking for a way to take her.  Very funny scene of him riding her in the cart. 
Also the scene in her office when she crying and TK was standing outside wanting to comfort her and not knowing what to do.  Very touching!

I said before that ES seems to be disregarding that fact that there is a father of this baby. After watching ep 8 I see things differently. He's only following JA's lead. She went from blaming TK for getting pregnant to disregarding him as the father.

TK affects JA in ways she's never experienced before. Little by little he's breaking down the walls she has builded up. If the night they spent together didn't mean anything to her why keep throwing it in his face. He got it the first time. She's trying to make herself believe it, to keep him at a distance. JA has always been in control of her feeling but TK breaks her down. ES can't do for JA what TK can. ES brought her a machine to calm her stress and frustrations. Then he runs out and buy some expensive medicine to calm her down, but all it took was being around TK for her to calm down and let go of her troubles.

I have a feeling that those designers who bailed out on JA are going to be so sorry. There's just something about Jake that's not right. Jake is too full of himself. If he's so great why is he there. There's bigger and better companies all over the world.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's a fake and his fame came from other peoples hard work and ideas.

Guest Yurichin

IBELIS

wrote:

»

I've noticed that both JA and TK have said some really awful things to each other, but when they do they always feel ashamed of their behavior later and some times apologizes.The person who was verbally attacked thinks about what was said to them as if they are finding truths in what was said. In this episode TK didn't seem to be fazed by her rude remarks as much, I think he is accepting that this is how she functions and he will slowly toughen up, especially after his training starts. JA know's that TK saw the sonogram by now she should realize that he has figured out what it really is.

Guest Yurichin

Now JiAn's team are JiAn, TK and "ankle" (JA call her baby "ankle").... :x kyeopta ;)
can't wait teacher student relationship, yay :)
Love the carriage scene, gorgeous and adorable couple... :x

now back to ep 7, NR actually was admire JA???
so a fan becomes enemy, what pissed her off of JiAn, bad first impression?? nappeun yoja...
JA never did anything but dedication and perfection to her job

just curious, as rooftop friend what if NR ask him about joins JA team??

Guest Rrainy01

Hi, love episode 7.. I've been looking out for this drama ever since I heard Kim Sun Ah will have another romantic comedy this year, but wanted to wait for a few more episodes before I start watching... But gosh... I just can't wait.. and am so happy that I get to finally watch episode 7 and already subbed in English.... A really big thanks to all subbers and translators...:)

@shedevil77 - Hey! Nice to see you here too! *waves*
@IBELIS - still waiting for subs to be 100% done but I'm sorta angry with JA. Does she have to keep slamming TK that she "doesn't see him as a man" EVERY SINGLE TIME? Yeesh, lady - we get it. Give it a rest. (I can't take his hurt looking face, it bothers me) *hee* 
Although it doesn't appear to damped his spirits for very long, does it? :)) I love his Dad and I love their relationship. I agree about the design - either TK will find that bag he lost with her designs it in and one of those will win or she'll somehow team up with TK and his Dad to make a winning design? (that's crossed my mind more than once) 
Loved him dragging her out by taking her purse. SO.CUTE. 

I don't think I have ever liked a second male lead as much as I do ES. He could be the greatest guy for most women, I even like the way he walks, there is something very masculine about him, and to me that's a rare treat in a drama. I tried picturing him with one of the other women but their was no match. NR is to young and JA friend is to frivolous. JA and ES are very alike and I think that's part of the problem, she needs someone who can warm her. Her hard shell is a defense mechanism and I think that something awful happened with her father that made him change towards her and it happen while she was still young. He is always on the attack with her and she had no choice but to protect herself.
ES likes the hard JA and if she were to change I think his interest will fade, he see her as a woman who challenges him and he find's that exciting. With all that he did to get her attention it made little or no impact on her and he found that so intriguing that he fell in love. TK see's something different, from the first he saw how hurt she was by her father's disapproval and she opened up to him like she has never done with anyone else. She thinks she did that because she would never see him again, but she did it because of the warmth and kindness she felt from him. He watched and listened without seeing her as the bad guy, he seem to simple understand what she felt. She needs that more than anything, someone who understands her and is on her side. TK said it his self that she is rude to him she hits him and yet he doesn't know why but he likes her.
The truth is they get each other and they see who the other person is, ES is in love with JA facade, and that's whats sad because it's true that the facade is a part of her too, but it isn't who she is. I think JA also can appreciate ES and can see that he would be a good man for someone, it's just not her. Even though she is comfortable with ES she never has those little smiles she gets when she is with TK. TK treats her like she is a woman that needs to be protected. You can see the difference clearly in episode 8.
When ES meets her dad he tell's her father that JA has the money and she strong she can easily take care of her self and a baby, then he guilt's the father by adding she may never have another child. When ES see her empty refrigerator he gives her a bottle of water to use. When TK see's her place he not only cleans it he goes out to the store in order to make her something to eat. He shows his concern for her by leaving milk on her desk because he knows that she is not eating. When he drags her to the rooftop and she has to pee she is like a kid trying to get him to see she has a problem and to solve it for her, he drags out a cart and runs her to the store so she can use the bathroom. When he tell's her princess your carriage awaits she had no problem getting back in. The importance of this is in she is not and invalid she could have easily walked to the store and back but she likes the way he treats her. He treats her like she is precious and delicate. No one else see's her that way.

Guest reedtrip82

am I the only one who ship ji an and the doctor?

8->

No, you are probably not the only one. I like the ES also.

Oo

I hope you won't get offensive, but I think KT & ES's behaviors kind

of disturb me a bit. They are consistently onto JA and seem to be there

most of the time. I think they're so obsessive towards her, but she's

so obsessive towards work. lol.

Anyway, I like the ending scenes for this series. Oh, gosh, ES saw KT

taking JA back to work place. Shocker. And I like how KT took JA with

him to eat with his dad and the gangs. Nice. Already getting to know the

family and friends stage. I have to say this series go a bit slow, but

it's progressing. The plot is redundant though as there have been way

too many storylines like this before. I guess maybe that's why not a lot

of people watch it for that reasons. And/or most of them don't like the

one-night-stand love aftermath. I just couldn't understand how KT start

to have feelings for JA.

JA IS HOT FOR A 30's something woman -- it not a far sstrech for TK to find her attractive and she his first women HAHAHA i think it's cute he crushing on the woman who stole his virginity LOL it special. Dying for spoiler!

Guest anitrak

Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts and insights... i truly enjoyed reading them.
btw, i've been searching high and low on youtube for a fanmade mv of i do i do but have not managed to see any.. i'm quite surprise .. hmmmm  
anyways, i u guys see any fan mv, do post it here :x

I don't think I have ever liked a second male lead as much as I do ES. He could be the greatest guy for most women, I even like the way he walks, there is something very masculine about him, and to me that's a rare treat in a drama. I tried picturing him with one of the other women but their was no match. NR is to young and JA friend is to frivolous. JA and ES are very alike and I think that's part of the problem, she needs someone who can warm her. Her hard shell is a defense mechanism and I think that something awful happened with her father that made him change towards her and it happen while she was still young. He is always on the attack with her and she had no choice but to protect herself.
ES likes the hard JA and if she were to change I think his interest will fade, he see her as a woman who challenges him and he find's that exciting. With all that he did to get her attention it made little or no impact on her and he found that so intriguing that he fell in love. TK see's something different, from the first he saw how hurt she was by her father's disapproval and she opened up to him like she has never done with anyone else. She thinks she did that because she would never see him again, but she did it because of the warmth and kindness she felt from him. He watched and listened without seeing her as the bad guy, he seem to simple understand what she felt. She needs that more than anything, someone who understands her and is on her side. TK said it his self that she is rude to him she hits him and yet he doesn't know why but he likes her.
The truth is they get each other and they see who the other person is, ES is in love with JA facade, and that's whats sad because it's true that the facade is a part of her too, but it isn't who she is. I think JA also can appreciate ES and can see that he would be a good man for someone, it's just not her. Even though she is comfortable with ES she never has those little smiles she gets when she is with TK. TK treats her like she is a woman that needs to be protected. You can see the difference clearly in episode 8.
When ES meets her dad he tell's her father that JA has the money and she strong she can easily take care of her self and a baby, then he guilt's the father by adding she may never have another child. When ES see her empty refrigerator he gives her a bottle of water to use. When TK see's her place he not only cleans it he goes out to the store in order to make her something to eat. He shows his concern for her by leaving milk on her desk because he knows that she is not eating. When he drags her to the rooftop and she has to pee she is like a kid trying to get him to see she has a problem and to solve it for her, he drags out a cart and runs her to the store so she can use the bathroom. When he tell's her princess your carriage awaits she had no problem getting back in. The importance of this is in she is not and invalid she could have easily walked to the store and back but she likes the way he treats her. He treats her like she is precious and delicate. No one else see's her that way.

I like the second lead too which is probably why I keep going back & forth between the 2 men! But I'm inevitably more attracted to TK's pure heart. (LOL) Doctor seems a bit too perfect, focused and obsessive. (why is that a bad thing to me? I dunno!)  :))
So there are 3 mysteries I'm waiting to unravel. First, what happened to change NR's mind about JA - turning her from idolizing JA into hating her and wanting to fire her. I can guess it's all about CEO Jang but I still want details. Second is what the hell happened with JA and her father? Good LORD, he's a hateful, spiteful richard simmons! But you're right @IBELIS, the flashbacks we see - her parents clearly adored her. In episode 3, JA mentions getting kicked out of the house at 21 and living with a nice sunbae unnie? (this unnie worked for a multi-level marketing company - was that Jang?) And the last one is of course, who is TK's mom. That one for me has been the easiest answered - I've thought it was Jang from the beginning too. 

I like the second lead too which is probably why I keep going back & forth between the 2 men! But I'm inevitably more attracted to TK's pure heart. (LOL) Doctor seems a bit too perfect, focused and obsessive. (why is that a bad thing to me? I dunno!) 

:))
So there are 3 mysteries I'm waiting to unravel. First, what happened to change NR's mind about JA - turning her from idolizing JA into hating her and wanting to fire her. I can guess it's all about CEO Jang but I still want details. Second is what the hell happened with JA and her father? Good LORD, he's a hateful, spiteful richard simmons! But you're right @IBELIS, the flashbacks we see - her parents clearly adored her. In episode 3, JA mentions getting kicked out of the house at 21 and living with a nice sunbae unnie? (this unnie worked for a multi-level marketing company - was that Jang?) And the last one is of course, who is TK's mom. That one for me has been the easiest answered - I've thought it was Jang from the beginning too. 

Archived