Ailee (에일리)

dreamerism

Guest nightmare.

I know this might sound stupid because on her youtube channel her description says she's Korean-American, but is she mixed? She just doesn't look like she's full Korean to me. Maybe it's just me.However, I love her new song. It's been on replay. Can't wait to see her on this week music shows ^_^

From what I know, she's full Korean. But I don't know if she's mixed because there is no information about her family on the internet.

Why didn't she perform on MCountdown? :(

Well, I will wait for her performance tomorrow on Music Bank. :-)

Question:

Do you think it's possible for Ailee to win K-Chart or a mutizen?

I'm just curious, hehe.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest YamapiFaN!

Because she´s recording Dream High 2

Question:

No, she does not have possibilities to win, you have to compare it with the debuts of this year .. and she is doing much better than BAP, EXO, Spica or any other rookie.[/b

Compare Legal Downloads Debut Sales (gaon chart)

B.A.P - Warrior - 92,573 Legal Downloads

EXO - What is Love - 50,020

Spica - Russian Roulette - 104,364

Ailee - Heaven - 185,321

I know this might sound stupid because on her youtube channel her description says she's Korean-American, but is she mixed? She just doesn't look like she's full Korean to me. Maybe it's just me.

However, I love her new song. It's been on replay. Can't wait to see her on this week music shows  ^_^

...I always thought that when someone says they're Korean-American, it means that he/she was born in America, but are of pure Korean ethnicity ._. Either that or they were born in Korea, then moved to America.

...I always thought that when someone says they're Korean-American, it means that he/she was born in America, but are of pure Korean ethnicity ._. Either that or they were born in Korea, then moved to America.

You're right. Mixed Koreans usually don't call themselves Korean-Americans, well, I don't at least.

It's not about the Korean-American thing. It's her appearance. She looks almost South East Asian ish. That's why I am curious about her family background.

About her winning any of the awards on the music shows, I highly doubt it. There are a lot of comebacks of big name artists (Jay Park, Big Bang, Se7en, etc), her chance of winning is very slim.

However, I'm happy that she's doing better than all these male idol groups. I'm so tired of them :wacko:

Guest standwithcssk

i think she and IU are the only solos i really really love. Ailee is just too precious. her talent is just obvious. plus i think she's a really humble girl. look at all the friends she get already on her one-week-debut age :D she's definitely going to be big.

oh btw i recently found out that Ailee has an international forum already! ^^ joinjoin~ http://angelicailee.b1.jcink.com/ ♥

It's not about the Korean-American thing. It's her appearance. She looks almost South East Asian ish. That's why I am curious about her family background.

About her winning any of the awards on the music shows, I highly doubt it. There are a lot of comebacks of big name artists (Jay Park, Big Bang, Se7en, etc), her chance of winning is very slim.

However, I'm happy that she's doing better than all these male idol groups. I'm so tired of them :wacko:

she looks more korean in real life. i used to go to school with her. in videos, she looks a lot like a mix between luna of f(x) and sunye of the wonder girls. i see many korean girls with a similar look to ailee but it's just rare to see them as celebrities. the korean standard of beauty is different so it's possible there are more girls that have talent and similar looks to ailee who were never given a chance to debut. i also think that her thick eyebrows give her a more western look.

Guest ryzogniga

From what I know, she's full Korean. But I don't know if she's mixed because there is no information about her family on the internet.

Well, I will wait for her performance tomorrow on Music Bank. :-)

Question:

I'm just curious, hehe.

yeah i think she could get the K-chart soon

because on yesterday's performance in mubank,she got ranked #5,just 2 weeks since her debut and she makes it through this.

what an achievment.i hope that she could win  the k-chart next week,or later especially before bigbang CBS.because, i think it would be so difficult to get that when bigbang is coming hehe *sorry for a little bit Out Of Topic  biggrin.gif

Archived