[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Episode 16 Summary

In Ha suggest they should cancel the wedding because he couldn’t sacrifice Joon. Yoon Hee agreed with the cancelation of their marriage plan. She understood that In Ha was the type of person who would sacrifice for someone else, just like what happened with him and Dong Wook back then. Now he had to do it for Joon, but that didn’t change Yoon Hee’s love to In Ha at all. Yoon Hee said it’s okay for them to be in pain now, because they would get through it and their feelings towards each other was still the same.

OMG ... just tells you what kind of person InHa and YoonHee were and how strong their love is..... :wub:

Joon came to his father’s place drunk. No matter how selfish In Ha’s love for Yoon Hee, he still loved his son. In the morning when Joon excused himself, In Ha insisted him to stay for breakfast. “I saw the pictures of Ha Na. They’re good pictures.” Then he continued, “I have a favor from you.” Joon cut him by saying, “Please don’t tell me you need me for your wedding photograph.” In Ha could never really tell Joon what he wanted to say because his son was still too upset to listen.

One thing I hate about Joon's character ... HE NEVER LISTENS TO ANYONE! ... fury.gif That is why everyone is messed up ... communication stops when it comes to him. He is selfish that way. :angry: He will not listen to his father so InHa will just keep it to himself (the way he always does). So you cant blame InHa if there is lack of communication between him and his son.

He (Joon) saw Ha Na and Seon Ho in a cafe near by. Ha Na was actually asking Seon Ho for health consultation for her mom. But Joon asked her if she started meeting someone else like this. “Yes, i’m meeting someone else now,” said Ha Na. Joon was upset and left. He didn’t even want to listen to Seon Ho’s explanation.

SEE!? Joon NEVER Listens to ANYONE! :crazy:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tarits

@sunstar - good thinking. The parents don't have to get married. Just be there to support each other. 

@-quiescent - your post is cute. I like it.

Though today's episode is nice but seems to have dragged a bit, I still say "bravo" to the dad who made the sacrifice for his son. He does not want  JGS to suffer the same way he did. I like the ending especially when the two young lovers were running in the bridge while the beautiful song is being played.

I see the coast is clear for them but a bigger battle is coming along - the b mom!  Do I foresee her asking forgiveness to her friend who would by then must have completely lost her sight?  Or the mom dying while the dad and the two young lovers are with her?  Then we see these 3 visiting her grave?  But what happened to the b mom? Perhaps she may even meet her maker ahead of the good mom!

Whatever , PD please make our hearts happy at the ending and let us see the beautiful smile of JGS and Yoona as they lovingly look at each other. Please?

Guest Asianatic

One thing I hate about Joon's character ... HE NEVER LISTENS TO ANYONE! ... fury.gif  That is why everyone is messed up ... communication stops when it comes to him. He is selfish that way. :angry:  He will not listen to his father so InHa will just keep it to himself (the way he always does). So you cant blame InHa if there is lack of communication between him and his son.

SEE!? Joon NEVER Listens to ANYONE!  :crazy:

Yes, he has  bit of his mom in him. But I have a feeling he will become like his Dad as the drama progresses. His mom's true character will be exposed. Till now he's been feeling sorry for her but when she goes after Hana with a vengeance he will realize how selfish she is and will begin to become less selfish himself and begin to appreciate his Dad who I know will take his side.  Right now he's too much in love with HA and his fear of losing her to think of anything else. You can't blame him for the way he is.....He's been on his own all this time since mom was too wrapped up in herself and her obsession and Dad didn't figure much in his life partly due to mom. He has a lot of growing up to do and like someone said Love Rain is about SJ's  growth and personal development and the true meaning of love. 

I am so glad the marriage issue got resolved so easily.....I think when  YH finds out....she won't be mad....she'll just appreciate her daughter more. 

I am so glad SJ and HA are getting to spend some time together .....looking forward to kisses. 

Guest nileyfan1

Synopsis Summary for Episode 17 of Love Rain

=dramahaven=

Joon and Ha Na leaves home to a place where they’re left alone temporarily, Joon tells Ha Na that he wants her to choose him even though it will not be easy. Ha Na also grabs the hand of Joon.

Ha Na who returned to home tells Yoon Hee frankly that she has been together with someone she loves.

Meanwhile, Yoon Hee pays a visit to In Ha to return the proposal ring.

yayyy more alone timee :3

finally the drama is gonna be more happy now.

Guest homegirl131

Am I the only one who's annoyed at the screenwriter a bit? She changed Seo Joon and Hana from such playful, bubbly characters to two people who do nothing but cry and mope around for the last six episodes.

For the past few episodes, Seo Joon and Hana keep running back to each other even though they know they're not supposed to be with each other and this happens about 3-4 times every episode. Every time Hana's alone with Tae Sung or Sunho, she's always depressed and they always accidentally run into Seo Joon somehow, causing Hana to become even more sad that she requests to leave. I've been waiting for a decent intimate scene between Hana-Taesung or Hana-Sunho throughout the whole series but Hana's not willing to spend time with anyone but Joon. Instead, there are just more scenes showing how much Hana and Joon miss each other. Errr I get the point, they love and miss each other but I would have liked to see Hana try to move on. She should have given Taesung a chance just so that she can forget about Joon. Now that Yoonhee and Inha cancelled their wedding, Hana and Seojoon are free to be together for a bit (although Hye Jung found out about their relationship) and we probably won't see Hana with Taesung or Sunho much anymore. I know the intention was for Sunho and Hana to form a love line but there are so few scenes between them that it's almost for them to develop feelings for one another. Maybe it's because I'm slightly biased against Seojoon or because I expected Hana's character to be a lot stronger but this is getting slightly frustrating.

On another note, I can't see how Hana can still be with Joon once she finds out that Inha cancelled the wedding with her mom because of her. It would be incredibly selfish and she would feel really guilty about it so I wonder who's going to end up with who once the drama ends. I was also wondering, what happened to the dress that Seojoon bought for Hana in Japan?

Guest getoba

Am I the only one who's annoyed at the screenwriter a bit? She changed Seo Joon and Hana from such playful, bubbly characters to two people who do nothing but cry and mope around for the last six episodes.

It's because is a melodrama or serious romance not a romantic comedy. Romantic comedy are like that too sometimes. See coffee prince, que sera sera, full house, coffee house, goong, my fair lady. After episode 8, 9 or 10 it's the beginning of the sadness, the melancholy, the angst, the serious tone and the conflict. For me it's the best moment in kdrama; the moment with a lot of great acting, the music change; a moment with full of poetry, the moment where the work of the PD and the cinemAtography is the better.

Synopsis Summary for Episode 17 of Love Rain

=dramahaven=

Joon and Ha Na leaves home to a place where they’re left alone temporarily, Joon tells Ha Na that he wants her to choose him even though it will not be easy. Ha Na also grabs the hand of Joon.

Ha Na who returned to home tells Yoon Hee frankly that she has been together with someone she loves.

Meanwhile, Yoon Hee pays a visit to In Ha to return the proposal ring.

~ THANKS lyra . . . this makes me looking forward to next week's episodes

i don't necessarily think Joon is selfish... he just wants to do whatever he can for his love and i admire that, even if it means hurting others a bit... cuz hurting others is what most people are afraid of in kdramas and that's where "noble-idiocracy" kicks in and yeah... a lot of us will be pissed and cursing!!!

even though i really want the IH-YH couple to be together... cuz it's clear they both still love each other dearly...but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to get married... as long as they spent their time happily together and know deep down that they both love each other, they can still live happily apart.....aish....i don't even know what i'm saying anymore... makes no sense....o_O

~ i think the younger couple have privilege of being selfish, pathetic, annoying, be happy and sad, being in love and be hurt . . . that's the privilege of BEING YOUNG . . . how else would be become a mature person if they don't experience such things

~ I agree with you that the older couple need not to get married, as long as they can be together and loving each other . . . i think that's enough for the second chance that have been given to them . . . at least that way they won't be hurting other people and they won't have that feeling of guilt within the,selves - they can be totally free . . . now, does this makes sense too? . . . this what melodramas does to us then - making no sense eh? :lol:

. . . . SOFTSUBS of EPISODE 15 now available at krdrama.org

Guest prettyoungthing

Jang Geun Suk’s Symbols of Love – YoonA’s Painting in 70s and Photo in 21st Century

Read more: http://dramahaven.com/jang-geun-suks-symbols-of-love-yoonas-painting-in-70s-and-photo-in-21st-century/#ixzz1uyjzoJE2

Episode 15 of Korean drama “Love Rain” depicts the tortuous love of Seo In Ha (Jung Jin Young / Jang Geun Suk)) and Seo Joon (Jang Geun Suk). In Ha experiences a conflict of rational and emotional. Seo Joon is also very troubled, wanting to protect the love of his father, but couldn’t be siblings with Ha Na (Im YoonA). It’s the same for In Ha, requiring a lot of determination to give up the woman whom he loves deeply in heart for 30 years at the very moment of getting married.

What’s most striking is the oil painting which Yoon Hee (Lee Mi Sook / Im YoonA) was the model during the young age. In Ha of the past left the beautiful look of Yoon Hee on the canvas with strong feelings and longing. Even if going through the passage of time, the power of painting still exists. Seo Joon looks at the love of the father – Yoon Hee’s painting, calling to mind about Ha Na, so he fully understands the feelings of his father, standing in front of the painting with tears. The painting is a reality.

On the contrary, In Ha managed to feel his son’s love also precisely because of the photo of Ha Na. Ha Na under the lens of Seo Joon is such a beautiful girl, and it’s a prop that makes In Ha to recall the strong feelings of first love. Just like In Ha is keeping the painting of Yoon Hee, Seo Joon uses photos to keep Ha Na. If saying that the painting is the result of distortion and exaggeration, then photos are record of the moment. With this, the method of love by In Ha and Joon can be interpreted.

loverain-photos-and-love.jpg

As in painting the colors on the canvas, the love that is filled with longing, while been rendering in the passage of time also accumulating dust. Comparing with painting, photos are permanent, and is also an objective media. Perhaps because of this, after staring blankly at the photos of Ha Na on the wall, In Ha decides to part with Yoon Hee, and Yoon Hee also chooses to break up due to visual impairment.

Joon and Ha Na who couldn’t become siblings, could they achieve everlasting love?

Guest Jennifer89

For the past few episodes, Seo Joon and Hana keep running back to each other even though they know they're not supposed to be with each other and this happens about 3-4 times every episode. Every time Hana's alone with Tae Sung or Sunho, she's always depressed and they always accidentally run into Seo Joon somehow, causing Hana to become even more sad that she requests to leave. I've been waiting for a decent intimate scene between Hana-Taesung or Hana-Sunho throughout the whole series but Hana's not willing to spend time with anyone but Joon. Instead, there are just more scenes showing how much Hana and Joon miss each other. Errr I get the point, they love and miss each other but I would have liked to see Hana try to move on. She should have given Taesung a chance just so that she can forget about Joon. Now that Yoonhee and Inha cancelled their wedding, Hana and Seojoon are free to be together for a bit (although Hye Jung found out about their relationship) and we probably won't see Hana with Taesung or Sunho much anymore. I know the intention was for Sunho and Hana to form a love line but there are so few scenes between them that it's almost for them to develop feelings for one another. Maybe it's because I'm slightly biased against Seojoon or because I expected Hana's character to be a lot stronger but this is getting slightly frustrating.

On another note, I can't see how Hana can still be with Joon once she finds out that Inha cancelled the wedding with her mom because of her. It would be incredibly selfish and she would feel really guilty about it so I wonder who's going to end up with who once the drama ends. I was also wondering, what happened to the dress that Seojoon bought for Hana in Japan?

I know exactly how you feel. It's as if we're not even watching the same drama/characters anymore. Shrug, I don't know, while I still love the show, I'm not exactly in love with the characters anymore (even though the characters are the reason why I love the show in the first place). I'm currently still watching it due to the fact that I've been following it so 16 episodes now and because I'm a yoona fan, but honestly, all of the crying and the "selfless" act that's going on is annoying me to no end. I don't expect it to be happy 24/7 but sheesh, what's with the depression 24/7. I agree, I really wish I can see Hana actually not looking lifeless when she's with sunho or tae sung and actually just give them a chance because in all honesty, i don't even care for Hana and seojoon love line anymore. from what I'm witnessing, their "love" is doing them more harm than good so I rather they just be away with it and move on with their damn life. Its crazy how I was so in love with this couple and yet now, all I want is for them to stop seeing each other instead.

Hana needs to stop walking around like a lifeless zombie who is constantly on the verge of tears when she sees joon and joon need to just stop dragging her by the arms and taking her to a secluded place and saying the same redundant thing over and over again. I feel like the last 5 episodes or so is one big repetitive scene of Hana on the verge of crying, joon dragging her somewhere, then they look at each other in the eye without saying much, then once they do, it's about how they are a family and crap like that. Do you guys need to have this conversation every other day to remind yourself or something? It's frustrating because they can't stick to the things they decide. And yes, love is something that makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, however, they are so indecisive that it's just pathetic.

kat_t -  nope, I am not Korean.  I am filipino but now a permanent resident of the US.  I am studying Korean and have been attending classes for sometime but I stopped this semester. I will resume summer. It is difficult but I am doing it just for fun.  I watched the drama on the link provided here by someone (thanks to that soompier) and was lucky as I said to catch it on time. I hope to do the same tomorrow morning for epi 16.  

Love Rain is one drama that has affected all of us. And I said in my fb I need a rom-com, I need one that will make me laugh. So much for tears and sighs. Each time a new episode comes, I tell myself I better not watch it till its end. But the fangirl in me (shall I say fan ahjumma in me since I am an ahjumma already) for JKS and Yoona wins each time.BTWay, I am watching the SM Town concert this weekend and I hope to see Yoona. I have watched her and her group perform but now that I am liking her because of this drama, I have more interest in seeing her in person. My friend says the photos and her dramas do not do justice to her as she is much prettier in person.

Love rain let love pour like rain for the two young lovers please~

OMG! you are Filipino?? I am too! hahhaha! thats soo good! studying korean! Why did you stop? Just wanted to take a break? hehehehe! I'll wait. I'll watch both episodes tomorrow after school! HA HA HA!

Ohh yea! telling yourself not to watch til the end never works..you get so much tempted to just watch the whole thing! HAHAHHAHA! ahjumma? of course not!! Realllyy?? is that their concert in LA? OMG! its this weekend already? Did you get a good spot? Well then, let me know if Yoona really looks pretty in person then! HAHAHHAHAH! :):)

Guest homegirl131

I know exactly how you feel. It's as if we're not even watching the same drama/characters anymore. Shrug, I don't know, while I still love the show, I'm not exactly in love with the characters anymore (even though the characters are the reason why I love the show in the first place). I'm currently still watching it due to the fact that I've been following it so 16 episodes now and because I'm a yoona fan, but honestly, all of the crying and the "selfless" act that's going on is annoying me to no end. I don't expect it to be happy 24/7 but sheesh, what's with the depression 24/7. I agree, I really wish I can see Hana actually not looking lifeless when she's with sunho or tae sung and actually just give them a chance because in all honesty, i don't even care for Hana and seojoon love line anymore. from what I'm witnessing, their "love" is doing them more harm than good so I rather they just be away with it and move on with their damn life. Its crazy how I was so in love with this couple and yet now, all I want is for them to stop seeing each other instead.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!! You seem to be able to express exactly what I'm thinking better than I can! The last few episodes have been really repetitive where viewers are constantly reminded of how much pain Seojoon and Hana are in. The thing is WE ALREADY KNOW that they're all mad depressed and I wish the writer didn't put so many scenes in each episode with the same exact scenario. They could have changed those scenes with Hana interacting with some of the other male actors. Seojoon and Hana moments were really cute in the beginning but now I just want Hana to be with someone else for a change because they're always crying when they are with each other.

It's weird that the drama changed from a melodrama to a romantic comedy and now it's back to a melodrama again... Hana needs to stop rejecting Taesung!!! I'm also annoyed that Hana keeps talking about how much she wants her mom to be happy yet she continuously returns to see Seojoon. She needs to stick by her decision of supporting her mom's marriage. The way she's acting right now contrasts dramatically with the Jung Hana we were initially introduced to that it seems like they are two different people. I'm watching this drama also because I'm a Yoona fan but I'm really upset that the scriptwriter didn't fully utilize all of the other male actors.

There aren't enough episodes left for things to change much from this point but I'm still going to support the drama until the end.

No preview again*quoted image*. I think their schedule is very hectic. 

As long as i watch Love rain until now, i haven't found the "hole". sometimes when i watch kdrama,at first i really enjoy the story, but suddenly at almost the  end of the episode i think there is something wrong with the story, and that's what i called the "hole". even Secret garden have "that hole". hope the ending is happy *quoted image*

Love rain fighting !!!

I know! no preview again! waahhh!! I hate how the 2nd episode of the week always doesnt have any preview! makes me wanna scream, have to wait another week..its too longg! the wait is killing me! Aiyayayaa!

Yea! I agree most dramas can be compared to a curve, towards the end it goes down :( I wish it wasnt the case for this drama..I'm really expecting a GOOD ending and by GOOD I dont mean the usual kdrama ending, I want it to be something different, something that'll be REMEMBERED! :):)

Guest QueChill

maybe i'm selfish like Hana+Joon couple cos i'm happy they finally decide on their relationship...

i still can't accept the older couple marriage & quite glad they cancel it...

I think they much better be a friend..

homegirl131,

I dont quite agree for hana to start accepting taesung. If she does, that means she's easy and she's just using taesung. The fact that she believes in first love, I'd hate if the writer made hana to immediately turn to taesung/sunho or any other guy because of this. Thats just wrong especially since its a mutual love with SJ, unlike her crush with taesung. Its just wrong to use someone else or be with someone you have no feelings for just to get over another person.

Given the situation it is normal for her to be depressed despite her decision to sacrifice own happiness for her mothers but I agree that the story seems repetitive over the last few episodes, as someone mentioned it like a filler, without really much progress. Perhaps to get the audience to feel more of their heartbreak and suffering? I dont know.

I think you are being too harsh on hana, because after all she is a normal girl regardless of how bubbly she is. Its not easy getting over your first love/heartbreak. But I respect yours and the others' opinion even if we dont see things the same way.

However, I do think that you should try and put yourself in hana's shoes. Sometimes things are easier said than done especially when feelings and desires are involved.

Nonetheless, 4 more episodes to go!! D

Guest u__smile

The last few episodes have been really repetitive where viewers are constantly reminded of how much pain Seojoon and Hana are in. The thing is WE ALREADY KNOW that they're all mad depressed and I wish the writer didn't put so many scenes in each episode with the same exact scenario. They could have changed those scenes with Hana interacting with some of the other male actors. Seojoon and Hana moments were really cute in the beginning but now I just want Hana to be with someone else for a change because they're always crying when they are with each other.

Hana needs to stop rejecting Taesung!!!

I'm watching this drama also because I'm a Yoona fan, I'm really  upset that the scriptwriter didn't fully utilize all of the other male  actors.

so.... you are mad mostly because of the character  itself or because there is not much moment of Hana/Yoona with other male characters esp with Taesung/Kim Young Kwang?

It's weird that the drama changed from a melodrama to a romantic comedy and now it's back to a melodrama again...

The romantic comedy you watched is just part of melodrama, I mean even you see them laugh, smile, be crazy at times but at the end of the day, this is still melodrama which going to full of tears and the story of how much the main characters love each other.

I'm also annoyed that Hana keeps talking about how much she wants her mom to be happy yet she continuously returns to see Seojoon. She needs to stick by her decision of supporting her mom's marriage. The way she's acting right now contrasts dramatically with the Jung Hana we were initially introduced to that it seems like they are two different people.

and I thought 'Hana and her mom happiness' issue already ended here....huh?

It would be a lot better if the main actors's fans watch this drama as general k-drama viewer, not because of their biases staring in. Just stop shipping your biases with other co-actors (acting in the same drama)  in real life and you would enjoy this drama and understand the  characters more :)

Guest taranutan

I've been waiting for a decent intimate scene between Hana-Taesung or Hana-Sunho throughout the whole series but Hana's not willing to spend time with anyone but Joon

Yeah those guys (even the assistant) do more for Hana than Joon. The sweetest thing Joon ever did for her was sawing that plank. That to me was sweeter than those kisses, running back to her, etc because it's done purely without consideration for himself. But in Kdrama it's always the coolest guy, not the nicest one, who gets the girl, right? What to do? Have you seen "You're Beautiful"? I kept hoping for Shin Woo and Mi Nam to hit it off in that one, but to no avail. In many ways, Joon's character would be a nasty boyfriend to have in real life. Girls much more than guys tend to form emotional attachment with certain objects. To keep chucking her stuff away like Joon did (the wrap she lent him when they went photographing the diamond snow, her couple ring, her photographs) is really unforgivable. I hope he redeems himself in the coming episodes.

I was also wondering, what happened to the dress that Seojoon bought for Hana in Japan?

Oh there're so many pretty things strewn around and forgotten in the story. Remember that dress he bought for her and then knocked to the ground when he saw dad at the doorway? We don't even know how it looks like out of that shopping bag.

Yes finally! I've seen Jang Geun Suk's errr Seo Joon's beautiful smile once again! How I missed that smile! He's so happy and all when she wanted to be with him. And off they ran LOL! And please writer, Let them have a good getaway even just for a moment before giving us another angst.

Guest Tarits

kat_t -  my heart is stronger will  than my brains! Lol!  My brains said I must  continue watching the drama only if I already know that there many happy and romantic events of the two. But my heart won and so again this morning, I work up early and watched. My husband had to tell me that I may be late for work and that was the only time I closed my computer and hurried to take my shower, etc. to prepare for work. Talk of kdrama addiction!  I stopped taking the lessons but I will resume summer. If it just a break for myself. From work at 5:30 p.m. I proceed to my class which runs from 7 to 9 and then drive back home. On Saturdays, I have 10 to 12 classes too. I felt a bit tired and so skipped this season.

The concert is the biggest one since it has all the talents of SM Town - Super Juniior, TVXQ, ShiNee, SNSD, etc.  I am excited to see Yoona as I said since I kinda started liking her solely after watching this drama. 

I like epi 16's ending and my magic ball says that the PD may not disappoint us after all and give us a happy ending!  I hate the b mom whose face is full of botox!  The casting director made the best choice. Ilke JKS assistant. He is cute and can act well. I hope he gets another project soon.

Guest minisowon

homegirl131, Honestly, at first I really thought you want a change in Hana but I'm a YoonAddict... so I think this is not the first time reading your comment, and I remember you once commented on SSF about how you want Hana-Taesung moment, you happily commented on Yoona-KYK bts video, sorry but your comment just screamed shipper, so now, i'm not sure if you want Hana to change to be a better stronger person or to change to make you shipper heart flutter.

Though i'm a Yoona fan, but I continue watching this drama live because i love this drama. (I watched her Cinderella Man live too but couldn't bear the story so I skipped some of episodes) I don't even care download Yoona cut posted on Korean sites for Love Rain cause as of now, I still don't get tired repeating the whole drama with/without subs. As for melodrama, I personal think the writer doing good job so far, some may think it's dragging but I see this happened in most of kdramas. I think ep.15-16 they are just playing with our emotion, nothing much happened but it still worth watching imo.

I see nothing wrong with Hana and her keeps-crying-scene either. crying Hana in recent episodes is still the same happy Hana in the beginning. You know, usual a girl who smiles a lot, innocent, think positive, is always the one who cries a lot esp if it's something relate family issue, most sensitive issue for most people. That's why sometimes I think Hana is a bit similar to Yoona herself, she smiles and laughs a lot/the most but she's also the one who cries the most too. Agree with p!nk22 people should try to put yourself in the character's shoes. Sometimes drama is not far from our real life. I'm happy that Joon and Hana are together again, glad to see them smile happily again ^^ I think the older couple should stay like this, caring each other but not marry so that all four would end up happy ending.

sorry for my ranting anyway lol

Archived