[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

I've been reading everyone's posts and the discussion is really awesome. 

Just sharing some thoughts I have here and there:

We all knew the cutesy couple stuff would be put on hold for a while as this is a melodrama. I personally thought that Joon finding out about his father's first love being Yoon Hee was a great option as he is the one who can cause a rift in his and Hana's relationship. 

For the few people who didn't like the certain area in the plot of the break-up, I thought it made sense.

-Joon said himself he did it because Hana said she puts her mother's happiness above her own. You can think of it as a tier of happiness going like 

Yoon Hee>Hana>Joon. If Yoon Hee is happy, Hana can be happy, and Joon would take the suffering. He just didn't think how hard Hana would take it.

-Also, Joon has dated and broken up with a bunch of girls, he thought he could do that again.

I also like the inclusion of Jo Won Suk (Seo In Gook/Chang Mo's nephew). I don't think he will be a major player in the "everybody loves Hana" situation, but I do hope for some comic relief like his uncle was back in the day. 

For a bit, I thought the photo shoot with Hana was coincidentally part of Won Suk's request of Chang Mo to get Joon to shoot his album cover. Thinking about it, I don't think Chang Mo would get to Joon's boss before getting to Joon directly. Although I think that Won Suk will see those pictures and fall even more in love with his newly dubbed "soul mate".

I loved the part when Hana was sleeping at the table and Joon didn't even let Sun Ho put his coat on her. Usually we see in dramas that the girl who sleeps will not wake up if she was placed elsewhere. I thought it was realistic (and super cute) that Hana was awake. It possibly was enough to motivate her to ask Joon to stay with her at the end of episode 12.

I thought the rift in the relationship would last a bit longer, but I was glad to see that Joon couldn't just leave Hana behind at the end of episode 12. The episode 13 preview was amazing -really can't wait.

*Needed to add this -Hye Jung is such a b@$^&

For anyone who read this, I hope your eyes aren't too sore as I have one last question for everyone.

Did it rain in the last 2 episodes? I wasn't actively paying attention and only thought of it after the episodes finished.

Yes it was raining while In Ha and Yoon Hee were strolling after In Ha was discharged from the hospital. And it started to rain while Joon and Hana were having a photoshoot ay the beach, last set of photoshoot when she was wearing the blue dress.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~ after watching the 12th episode with subs made things clearer for me ^_^ some of my assumptions were way off especially the conversation of the parents :P

~ 1st - choosing between the 2 OTP's and if ask by writer-nim that only one pair should really end up together who would i choose? = i choose SJ-HN for the reason that they deserve to together for not only fate bought them together and the diamond snow, but also that they more compatible with their personalities, its like they are 2 puzzle that fits together; both of them are fighters for what they really want - like the way they both admitted to their feelings; and both of them are TRUE to their feelings that they cannot deny, that's why they are always drawn together like magnets ;) and i love it how the circumstances and the people around them connive and contrived for them to be together

~ 2nd - on how i would want the ending to be: (but then again, i want to contradict myself on my statement above) = i would really want both OTP's to end up together :( but then i don' know how writer-nim could resolve this . . . if what i have read in this thread about that "taboo" between stepchildren getting together . . . i would still love all of them to be happy

~ 3rd - as for the enemy characters of our OTPs: as for HJ = i just hope that amidst all the hatred clouding her inflammed mind (for revenge), there is a tiny speck of light that can penetrate and make her realized what evil thing that she has done in the past or in the present and be repentant of it and accept that you can never have what what not yours in the first place . . . maybe ChangMo can shed light on it to her since she seems to be listening to him; TS = ahhh, he can just accept to be good sunbae to HN ^_^ and anyway, he already lost his chance to be the number 1 guy in HN's life; ChangMo's nephew = now, he can be a good competitor for SJ but i would want him also to be paired up with SH's little sister MiHO :P

I think hana will understand after finding out the truth and agree to end it with him. It will come down to who can't live without the other person. Please don't wait till a wedding before one gives in.

The story is similar to tiawanese DBY just not as dramatic.

I really want it to end happy. spring waltz not autumn tale pls.

~ yeah, i also think that once HN knows the truth about their parents she will really let go of SJ and wants her mom to be happy since she is sick already . . . i just hope that the 70's OTP can have some time to be together

I'm laughing at how Joon's sidekicks are ganging up on him and siding with Hana. Sun Ho is such a darling being their confidante, guardian angel and Cupid roll into one.

~ ha ha ha, you noticed it too . . . i just love how the assistant and the the stylist have taken their stand in this . . . it seems that they have bonded with HaNa and made her their "little sister" in the cafe . . . and about Sun Ho, i agree that he is an angel and cupid rolled into one, i just hope that he won't fall for HaNa to . . . i want him to a good "drinking buddies" friend to HN and BFF to SJ

Guest kdrama-addict

does Hana know that her mom is sick?

i remember a scene, where Hana was talking to her mom in the garden and the mom said that she hopes she can hang on a bit longer, she hopes to see Hana get married, see the garden that she'll make, etc... I thought from that conversation, that Hana knows her mom is sick. But then, after she moved out, i realized that she does not really check on the health of her mom. so maybe her mom's sickness is not very serious?

well, i just hope that the mom will not die, coz that would just be very sad for both Hana and Inha :(

oohhh, i remember that Hana also visited Inha in school and their conversation was not yet revealed to us. I was thinking that Hana told him about her mom's condition and gave him her approval of their relationship for her mom's happiness...

Guest QueChill

i think YH will sacrifice for HANA ...

she sick...maybe she will see picture that HN+SJ take at HN room... blush.gif

I hope the mother won't die. It would be tragic if she will die because that means they are not really mean to be each other. My goodness, these two deserve to be happy. Why must they meet each other again if it would be like this? As for me its more painful. Will it be the same as the LOVE STORY wherein the wife died? OH, I don't want sad love story. Please, give them a happy ending and so with SJ and Hannah.

Guest prettyoungthing

LR Filming Photos fantaken & official

Ar-S5eJCEAAzgId.jpg

credit: twiteettay@twitter

They shot the Love Rain ep13 beach scenes in Donghae, Gangwon-do last April 27th

Ar-bJg0CEAAMOax.jpg

credit: yurilegs@twitter

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

574599_451207964894869_268551383160529_1972653_1244969517_n.jpg

credit: as tagged/tetsuya

Jang Geun Suk treats 'Love Rain' staff with Caffe Bene ...

20120503110219296.jpg

Being the new model and spokesperson for Caffee Bene, Hallyu star Jang Geun Suk treated out ‘Love Rain’ staffs with coffee.

On a warm-weathered day on May 2, Jang Geun Suk was shooting his new KBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama series ‘Love Rain’. He tweeted,“ Please recommend a summer drink from Caffe Bene.” Soon an official from a Caffe Bene staff gave him a recommendation.

The actor then tweeted, “Mind sending some drinks to the set for the staff members who are working in hot weather?” With Jang Geun Suk’s request, Caffe Bene sent out 100 cups of coffee to the set.

Jang Geun Suk tweeted a proof shot of himself sipping a cup of coffee along with the message, “Tada! Caffe Bene showed their dignity!”

An official of Caffe Bene stated, “Though it happened all of a sudden, we hope it will a small gift for Jang Geun Suk and staff who are working hard through the heat.”

Source: TV Report

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2012/05/news-jang-geun-suk-treats-love-rain.html

Guest united06

Hi Everyone,

Love Rain Episode 12 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

loveRain.jpg

Love Rain Episode 12 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4348-love-rain-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

SJ and Hanna should not follow the footsteps of their parents. Their parents married somebody but they are not happy in their whole life. They keep remembering their first love which makes them regret. They have seen the agony of their parents especially SJ which resulted to divorce. He never seen a happy family life that why he does not believe in love. He did not experience that kind of feeling until he met Hannah. Why asked for break-up?

Guest nancylee15

Based on this PD's history, I wouldn't be surprised if someone dies in the end and most likely it will be Yoon Hee. I don't think the parents would be selfish enough to let their children repeat their history again. Joon and Hana are doing the righteous thing by stepping aside for their parents' happiness but I think ultimately these two will have a happy ending with Joon's mother eventually moving on or being accepted into a mental institute (which I'm all for). I feel so bad for Yoon Hee and In Ha but I think it was fate for their children to fall in love and them not being together. How else can you explain it?

Either way, I can't wait to see what's going to happen now that Hana will find out the truth. Why's Mon. & Tues. always so far away??!!

Jang Keun Suk′s Fan Club Treats Him and ′Love Rain′ Staff to a Special Meal Truck

2012-05-04 14:17 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho

Just days ago it was coffee , and now Jang Keun Suk and his Love Rain staff have been treated to a special meal truck.

On May 4, Jang Keun Suk tweeted, “My fans! How awesome! From my fan club, a truck serving over 100 meals is outside! You guys are the best.”

The accompanying picture showed a smiling Jang Keun Suk chewing on a rib and holding up some of the food for the camera. It was revealed Jang Keun Suk’s fan club had sent a meal truck for the actor and for the staff of his current drama Love Rain.

AsBdaPFCAAARyb0.jpg

AsBeawDCQAEzk8p.jpg

Netizens commented on the tweet saying, “Jang Keun Suk fan club sure has a lot of dough”, “Just like an Asian prince” and “I think Jang Keun Suk is full already from the love he gets from his fans.”

Photo credit: Jang Keun Suk’s Twitter

http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=6268

hello  everyone.....

after so long m here again posting my thoughts abt epi 11 n 12....not sure if anyone will like it or not but still i need to pour it out somewhere to feel a bit relaxed and light.

1. Joon told Hana that he is over her and he does not love her anymore. Even when he tried to convince SH that he is doing it to his mom i dint believe a single word of his as I m damn sure this is for Hana only to not to feel bad that her mom became a hurdle in her love life (ok..i know that she loves her mom and want to see her happy more than her but still at first she must have felt a bit heartbroken and sad) so Joon does not want her feel bad either for her own love or for her mother and thats y he took all the blame on his ownself. This is evident also from the way he does not want his father to notice her as his GF. So its all for his love for Hana and how can he protect her from being hurt. I agree that Joon could have told her at first abt their parents but m sure he did it just as a doctor cant tell a severely ill patient that he is about to  die even when its indirectly known to the patient also and he will come to know eventually, but until he dies he can live with a small hope. (not sure if i made any sense with this example but i just thought of this only after seeing Joon breaking up with Hana and not letting her know the truth)

2. Joon is such a Darling and sincere lover for Hana....2 scenes in the last epis just broke my heart and I cried so badly (i cant even recall if I ever cried like that for 2 lovers while watching any recent Kdrama other that Love Story in harvard)

firstly when he came all drunk, Hana asks him whether its really over between them. she hugs him and cries badly and Joon just keeps his tears in his eyes, while his pain and broken heart was evident through those all red eyes.

second....Hana sleeping while painting boards of her white Garden Joon stops SH from putting cover on her. and then he carries her in his arms till her bed, lies her down, about to crase her face but could not and then leaves with a heavy heart (tears were flowing down my eyes unknowingly....i dint think anything else while watching this scene but  i was crying so hard) and to my shock Hana wasnt sleeping she opens her eyes.....hahaha I loved Hana here she is so samrt and now she got to know joon still loves her and she will have to know the reason for the break up.

3. About elder couple...I just cant be more happier for anyone who are in love so deeply getting a second a chance to start together. doing all such small small things together, to recall their past and to dream about their future together. But every time I see them happy together my heart cries for the kids cause they will have to bear a heartbreak.

I love both the couples and want them to end up together but I know thats not possible....i have to be ready for more painful episodes....

Guest prettyoungthing

Love Rain

by http://catharticdream.blogspot.com/2012/04/currently-on-going-dramas-good-bad.html

Now this is what I like about a drama - when it surprises you in the good way. With Love Rain, the first few episodes are admittedly a little slow. That's when the cast is still in the '70's, living the campus life. Past Jang Geun Suk is awkward, but adorably so. The love line in the past is set up really well, and just really hits it home.

It gets really good when we're in the present time, though. First of all, what really caught my eye was the cinematography. The scenaries are absolutely breathtaking and they are beeea-u-tiful. Such a treat for the eyes! And Yoona's acting just skyrocketed in this drama; she improved a lot and made her character very genuine and likeable. Yoona and JGS are an adorable couple, which was acted very well, in my opinion. They grasped all the right feelings, and it's just cuteness overload! Especially "Pouting Ha Na," haha.

Romantic and funny, yet with an interesting plotline (parents and children both falling in love with each other). Worth a try!

NOTE: :phew: I love how Hana's brokenhearted state was well written and different. She cries YES, but she is still feisty, insightful, and full of perseverance to satisfy her own curiousness. We could see that she is "running" after Joon, but not really because she can't let him go, but because she is not convinced of the reason why they had to break-up. We can feel that she really has fallen in love, but again she not clingy nor obsessed with it or him. KUDOS to the WRITER!!!

NOTE: :phew: I love how Hana's brokenhearted state was well written and different. She cries YES, but she is still feisty, insightful, and full of perseverance to satisfy her own curiousness. We could see that she is "running" after Joon, but not really because she can't let him go, but because she is not convinced of the reason why they had to break-up. We can feel that she really has fallen in love, but again she not clingy nor obsessed with it or him. KUDOS to the WRITER!!!

~ i quite agree with you on this . . . i love it that they made HaNa's character strong and not clingy, weepy type . . . i like how the writer has made his/her characters so different and unpredictable that in every episode, most of my expectations from the plot are way too different from the way they wrote it . . . it continues to surprise me every week ;) and this keeps me so entertained in watching this drama :P and an added bonus on how PD makes the cinematography looks amazing that it made me want to go back and visit korea again :)

Guest prettyoungthing

@sakki - SO TRUE w00t.gif I'm always in awe everytime each episode finishes, and there goes our preconceived ideas going into drain. I also love the fact that they left no strings loose or unattached, that every character's appearance for a certain episode has a purpose. Despite of the discussions here, i still believe this show is not as predictable as what most of us think. We might just be surprise again and again w00t.gif

@sakki - SO TRUE w00t.gif I'm always in awe everytime each episode finishes, and there goes our preconceived ideas going into drain. I also love the fact that they left no strings loose or unattached, that every character's appearance for a certain episode has a purpose. Despite of the discussions here, i still believe this show is not as predictable as what most of us think. We might just be surprise again and again w00t.gif

@prettyyoungthing ~ yeah, i just hope that despite all the ratings (oh boy here i go again), writer-nim and PD-nim won't be discouraged and be affected by by it . . . and that they will continue to create the kind of story that they intended to do entertaining us all along the way ^_^ . . . oh, and also that the actors, actresses and production staff and crew would always give all their best in this drama til the end . . . we are all CHEERING on all of you guys :D FIGHTING

Archived