What type of skin do you have and what is your current skincare routine?

Guest pinayheart

Guest 2partsvodka

spring/summer: oily/acne prone skin

fall/winter: oily(t-zone only)/ dry all over/ acne prone skin

plus i have enlarged clogged pores :(

ugh...i wish i had beautiful flawless skin like a baby

my skin routine is very simple. I believe less is more and it works well for me.

morning:

hot water

witch hazel toner

night:

charcoal soap (helps with the breakouts and blackhead)

witch hazel toner

lush ENZYMION MOISTURIZER

steam my face with hot water 3x a week.

exfoliate with brown sugar + honey + extra virgin olive oil

face mask 3x a week as well

thinking about adding jojoba oil into my routine...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have oily, sensitive skin with hormonal breakouts

cleanser: the face shop acne solution foam cleansing

toner: the face shop pore minimizer

emulsion: the face shop pore minimizer

all over treatment: peter thomas roth aha/bha acne clearing gel

to lighten red marks: the face shop post-acne brightening serum

Guest onceuponarachel

I used to have both oily and really dry, as well as acne prone skin. My skins is very sensitive. All products, even gentle ones like Cetaphil, used to make my skin dry out, burn, and/or breakout. I even took an antibiotic. 

After I while I went on a more "caveman" approach. I stopped washing my face and started putting jojoba oil on my face after I showered and just rinsing with water in the morning. Took a while for my skin to adjust, but my face eventually stopped getting big pimples. It was still red though. 

Finally I started just not washing my face. Sometimes I let it rinse in the shower, but I never rub it with my hands or use really hot/cold water on it. I dry dab my eyes and face a little with a towel, I don't rub my face with it--to avoid irritation or over-drying my skin. In the mornings, I don't even touch my face. No water. I just clean my eyes with wet fingertips. My face has completely cleared up, no pimples or anything :)  I think people just need to treat their face like how it was meant to be--no external products, just occasional water. Your body wasn't made to react with any kind of products or extremely hot/cold water. It might take a while for your skin to adjust to this kind of approach, but it will probably balance itself out after a while. It did for me at least. 

I used to have both oily and really dry, as well as acne prone skin. My skins is very sensitive. All products, even gentle ones like Cetaphil, used to make my skin dry out, burn, and/or breakout. I even took an antibiotic. 

After I while I went on a more "caveman" approach. I stopped washing my face and started putting jojoba oil on my face after I showered and just rinsing with water in the morning. Took a while for my skin to adjust, but my face eventually stopped getting big pimples. It was still red though. 

Finally I started just not washing my face. Sometimes I let it rinse in the shower, but I never rub it with my hands or use really hot/cold water on it. I dry dab my eyes and face a little with a towel, I don't rub my face with it--to avoid irritation or over-drying my skin. In the mornings, I don't even touch my face. No water. I just clean my eyes with wet fingertips. My face has completely cleared up, no pimples or anything :)  I think people just need to treat their face like how it was meant to be--no external products, just occasional water. Your body wasn't made to react with any kind of products or extremely hot/cold water. It might take a while for your skin to adjust to this kind of approach, but it will probably balance itself out after a while. It did for me at least. 

Yeah I've heard a lot of people taking this approach but thing is you guys are not protecting yourselves from the sun! That's still damaging your skin and you'll probably see the aftermath of this in your 30's and 40's. I advise you to wear a sunscreen of at least SPF 30...DAILY, rain or shine. And make sure to properly wash the sunscreen off at the end of the day (meaning...you're going to have to use a face wash or cleansing oil).

I've been to dermatologists and every single one has stressed to me how important sun protection is, especially among men since the majority of men don't care about sun protection (only time would probably be when they're going to the beach). I know you're not a guy, but my point is that you must use sun protection especially since you mentioned you have acne prone and sensitive skin (acne and skin sensitivity is aggravated by unprotected sun exposure).

I know I sound like a doctor preaching or something, and I don't want to, but I just good heartedly want you (and others to know) that wearing sunscreen is really crucial.

Skin type: Dry and Acne prone

My skincare routine during the day:

1) Wash with cetaphil cleanser

2) Clindamycin phosphate

3) Neutrogena oil-free moisture SPF15

4) birth control

5) Make-up

Night:

1) Repeat 1 thru 3 from above

2) I use St.Ive scrub every other day

I had really bad breakouts in the past that left me with a bunch of pitted scars on my cheeks. You can view a picture here: PICTURE

I have had acne all my life up until I started taking birth control pills about a year ago to control my period cycles. To my surprise, it not only help regulate my period cycles but also my acne. Since then, I haven't experience any major break outs besides a puny pimple from time to time. Current skin: CLICK HERE

My skin-care routine is so long, and I'm in the process of ordering more products from sasa ;w;

Skin-type - Combination, acne-prone

1. St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

2. Aquamoist Gentle Cleansing Foam

3. AquaMoist C Whitening Lotion

4. Nivea Lotion

I also use a clarisonic brush with Aveno's skin brightening scrub! 

Guest tiannie1430268553

I have normal/combo skin, slightly acne prone with the big problem of blackheads.

Morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser

Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer SPF 15

Night:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser

Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner Light Ex

Retin-a Micro

Laneige Balancing Emulsion 2 Ex

Layer with either Ponds Flawless White Re-Brightening Night Treatment or Skinfood's Tea Tree Emulsion, since it's winter.

Once a week, I use a clay mask. Twice a month, I'll use a MBD mask or Tony Moly mask. I'll use my Laneige Water Sleeping Pack if the next day is a special day. &I exfoliate once a week with St. Ives.

Guest happybubble

I have oily, acne prone skin -_- 

I have used different brands but I keep coming back to Neutrogena.

Morning & Evening: 

Neutrogena visibly clear 2 in 1 wash

Neutrogena visibly clear triple acton lotion (only in the morning)

Neutrogena visibly clear oil-free moisturizer

I also use Neutrogena 2 in 1 as face mask every other night and St. Ives Apricot Scrub twice a week

Guest onceuponarachel

Yeah I've heard a lot of people taking this approach but thing is you guys are not protecting yourselves from the sun! That's still damaging your skin and you'll probably see the aftermath of this in your 30's and 40's. I advise you to wear a sunscreen of at least SPF 30...DAILY, rain or shine. And make sure to properly wash the sunscreen off at the end of the day (meaning...you're going to have to use a face wash or cleansing oil).

I've been to dermatologists and every single one has stressed to me how important sun protection is, especially among men since the majority of men don't care about sun protection (only time would probably be when they're going to the beach). I know you're not a guy, but my point is that you must use sun protection especially since you mentioned you have acne prone and sensitive skin (acne and skin sensitivity is aggravated by unprotected sun exposure).

I know I sound like a doctor preaching or something, and I don't want to, but I just good heartedly want you (and others to know) that wearing sunscreen is really crucial.

oooh thanks for sharing that! i'm happy I know that now >< 

Guest pinayheart

How bad was your acne? And what about makeup, did you wear makeup?

See, a few months ago, I tried that only rinsing my face with water and stuff, and not wearing makeup, for about umm a week or two, but my face got soo bad i got so much acne it was disgusting!

im glad it worked out for you though, but how long exactly until you started clearing up and you don't use anything at all on your face? just water?

Guest omgitssuperash

i feel like such an outcast here @.@ i have horribly dry skin that rarely gets acne.. but gets flaky!

i wash my face once a day in the shower with either whitening soap or the orange loreal 360 cleanser.  after i get out of the shower i put olay active hydrating beauty fluid (lotion) on my face.. wait 5 minutes.. and reapply it.  its not much to do.. but i think i'm doing the right thing for my skin since i haven't had a pimple in a long time and it's not as dry anymore.  i wish my skin could be a little bit oilier and dewy!

Guest atlanteay

night:

charcoal soap (helps with the breakouts and blackhead)

witch hazel toner

lush ENZYMION MOISTURIZER

steam my face with hot water 3x a week.

exfoliate with brown sugar + honey + extra virgin olive oil

face mask 3x a week as well

thinking about adding jojoba oil into my routine...

i've read great things about the lush enzymion moisturizer with controlling oil. Does it do that for you?

Skin type: Acne-prone, oily but dehydrated skin

This routine has helped me A LOT!! i went from really bad breakouts and hyperpigmentation to almost clear skin and fading scars!!

Morning routine:

1. Hold towel with warm water over face for 1-2 minutes (or until towel is cool)
  2. Pat dry
  3. Use cotton squares with Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Rose w/Aloe Vera & pat in till dry
  4. Use 5-6 drops of CE Ferulic Combination Antioxidant Treatment, pat in
  5. Use pea-sized amount of Embryolisse Concentrated Lait Cream
  6. Use Sophina Perfect UV SPF 50+
  7. Makeup, if time allows...lol

Nighttime routine:

1. Take makeup/sunscreen off with Embryolisse Concentrated Lait Cream. Use on dry skin and rub gently for 1-2 minutes.
  2. Use a warm towel and hold over face for 1 minute (or until cool), repeat 2-3 times.
  3. Then slowly towel off cream and makeup.
  4. Wash face with Clarisonic and Shiseido White lucent cleanser.
  5. Use Thayers Witch Hazel with cotton pad.
  6. Use Green Cream (level 6)...It's a retinol (vitamin A) product. (may skip this step if skin is feeling sensitive)
  7. Wait till dry.
  8. Use 3-4 drops of Jojoba oil on skin.
  9. Massage Embroylisse Concentrated Lait Cream lightly into skin.

Once a week:

• Use manuka honey, brown sugar, and coconut oil as facial mask
  • Use Aztec Indian Healing Clay mixed with ACV

Guest xbamboo

I have combination, sensitive, scarred, acne-prone skin. My current skincare routine:

**AM**

* Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Magic Soap - Hemp Lavender

* Lancome Genifique Serum

* La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

* La Roche-Posay Effaclar M Mattifying Moisturizer (on the t-zone only)

* Murad Vitamin C Healthy Moisture Spf 30

**PM**

* Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil

* Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Magic Soap - Hemp Lavender

* The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

* Lancome Genifique Serum

* La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

* Soap & Glory Catch a Wrinkle In Time Moisturizer

About once a week (usually Saturdays) I'll skip my morning routine entirely and simply blot my face when I wake up, put on sunscreen, then apply my makeup. I very highly recommend Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap. Since I started washing my face with it my skin has been clearer and healthier than it has in a very long time. I am a total product junkie because my skin sucks so much, and I tend to alternate between products and obsessively hunt for new ones to try. Some of my other skincare favorites include:

* Renee Rouleau Anti-Cyst Treatment

* De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment 10%

* Natural Cure Aqua Gel

* Soap & Glory The Fab Pore Peel

* Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil

ALSO, I switched my foundation a few months ago to Givenchy Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation, and it is the most incredible makeup I've ever worn. It lasts all day on me without looking fake or cakey, and I'm certain it has a lot to do with my acne clearing up. :)

Guest wingfaith

i don't get that much acne anymore, but i've very very dry skin. Every time i come out of the shower, my face would always have flakes of skin peeling off. Currently looking for a regimen.... tried lotion would it didn't work.

Guest tadukhipa

Don't really have acne problems anymore but sometimes i still get a pimple here and there.

anyways my daily routine:

morning:

1 wash face with water (really dry skin)

2 etude house moistull toner

3 the face shop white snow tree vita leghtening serum (only thing that help with my rosacea so far)

4 neutrogena sun screan SPF50 +++

5 etude house/banila co. bb cream

6 lioele oil control pact

evening:

1 remove makeup with the face shop rice water lip and eye (makeup) remover

2 wash face with shiseido perfect whip

whenever i shower:

1 wash my face with the body shop vitamin e soap bar

2 put on the skin food rice mask

once a week i use all sorts of other products but the list is pretty huge so i'm gonna stop here :D

Guest FireDragon

Skin type: Acne-prone, sensitive, and combination skin

AM:

1. Wash face with Clarisonic Mia and mark Calming Effect Comforting Milk Cleanser

2. bliss No 'Zit' Sherlock Correcting Serum

3. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF15

PM:

1. Wash face with Clarisonic Mia and mark Calming Effect Comforting Milk Cleanser

2. Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

3. bliss No 'Zit' Sherlock Correcting Serum 

4. Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream

The Clarisonic helped control my acne breakouts since I started using it in September, along with being sure not to eat anything made with dairy products (apparently my skin is allergic). Now I am just left with battle scars to deal with - it's been a week since I started using the bliss serum, and nothing's changed so far. I'll give it a couple more weeks before I switch to Patricia Wexler's infamous acne serum.

i don't get that much acne anymore, but i've very very dry skin. Every time i come out of the shower, my face would always have flakes of skin peeling off. Currently looking for a regimen.... tried lotion would it didn't work.

I used to get dry patches on my face every now and then, and the skin would be flaky. I started using Vanicream (Amazon link) last summer after my friend recommended it to me and I haven't seen a single flake on my skin, even though I spot-treat my acne with bp, which is very drying. Hope this helps and good luck!

Guest dot.1430279747

wow everyone seems to do a lot... it makes me think I should too :| 

I think I have combination or oily and dry skin. 

In the morning I just wash my face with a face washer, and then moisturize with skincream.

In the evening I use neutrogena acne cleanser and then moisturize. 

Sometimes I get lazy and I don't use the cleanser or the moisturizer though, however I probably should as my skin is definitely far from clear. 

Guest Nesquickboo

I have an oily t-zone but quite sensitive cheeks. The area around my nose an chin sometimes gets dry and I get the occasional pimple, usually on my forehead.

I don't have different routines for morning and night. It's basically the same.

Morning: wash face with Clinique's 3 step cleanser

use Simple's pore minimising toner (though I'll probably change it soon to something else)

then Clinique's dramatically different moisturising cream

Night: same unless wearing makeup then I remove my make up before routine

Then occasioonally I use face masks and on Wednesdays and Sundays I use my St Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot face scrub

I probably should expand it a little more. I've been looking for essences/serums and need to invest in an eyecream

My skin is very strange. I'd say it's combination because its super oily at times, but there are days when no amount of moisturizer can stop it from flaking :")

my nose is always oily though

Anyhow, my skincare routine.

Morning: 

- just water or water+mung bean powder or oatmeal

- Shiseido DELUXE Pore Tightening Toner

- HadaLabo SHIROJYUN Whitening Lotion

- HadaLabo GOKUJYUN Super Hyaluronic Acid Moist Emulsion 

- HadaLabo SHIROJYUN Arbutin Whitening Essence (only on dryer days)

- my acne cream

Evening:

- Kose SOFTYMO White Cleansing Oil (to wash off BB cream)

- LANEIGE Multi Cleanser 

- Shiseido DELUXE Pore Tightening Toner

- HadaLabo SHIROJYUN Whitening Lotion

- HadaLabo GOKUJYUN Super Hyaluronic Acid Moist Emulsion 

- HadaLabo SHIROJYUN Arbutin Whitening Essence 

- my acne cream

- TCM Mask night pack (I use a different one every week)

once or twice a week:

- Kose SOFTYMO White Cleansing Oil (to wash off BB cream)

- LANEIGE Multi Cleanser 

- SKIN79 Crystal Peeling Gel 

- a sheet mask

- my acne cream 

I never really noticed that I have such an extensive routine O_O

Archived