Vote for the most pitiful male character

Guest rainbowtonight

Guest cmy_185

i would say So ji Sup in glass shoes..! still remember watching all 20 ep and then having to endure the emotional trauma in the end! i cried and cried until i was so drained out..

it's just so sad! he was a gangster, but such a sweet caring guy to kim hyun joo. finally getting the girl of his dreams and to die saving her on his wedding day... :tears:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roughmetal2

it was really a tough choice for me between junki and junghoon. but since i really felt very sad watching junki shed tears for the woman he loves so much, i voted for him.

however, on second thought, i should have chosen "others" - so ji sub in misa was the most pitiful character i've seen. and gosh, how he made me cry. he's such an outstanding actor.

• 2 months later...
Guest bianang

I was having a hard time choosing between Won Bin, Shin Hyun Joon and Ryu Shi Won.

But I voted for Shin Hyun Joon, he's character was really sad.

• 3 months later...
Guest blueyellowred

I voted others because I feel that Bin (played by Chun Jung Myung) is the most pitiful male character. Second is Won Bin's role in Autumn in my Heart and third, Lee Dong Gun in Lovers in Paris

• 4 weeks later...

I only watched about a little more than half of the dramas listed.

But I have to say Other - Joo Ji Hoon (Mawang).

I'm still watching it now though, so my thoughts might change. It's only based on what I've perceived from him so far. I'll edit this post when I finish the drama. *tracks topic*

And okay, some of the dramas were ruined for me by reading the comments. -_- Please be considerate and post in yellow/white/use the spoiler code if you're going to post something like: ___ died by committing suicide; donating his heart, etc., thanks. ^_^

ill go for kim jeong hoon, as lee yul/troy in goong/princess hours.. my heart aches everytime i see him looking at chae kyung while she cries for shin.. arghh.... :tears:

and then he loses everything...

Tell me about it...but it wasn't only there. Did you see Witch Amusement?! How pathetic was he?! Even though you can call him a world class LOSER, he still made me feel bad for him. :sweatingbullets::tears:

it was really a tough choice for me between junki and junghoon. but since i really felt very sad watching junki shed tears for the woman he loves so much, i voted for him.

however, on second thought, i should have chosen "others" - so ji sub in misa was the most pitiful character i've seen. and gosh, how he made me cry. he's such an outstanding actor.

Looking back on So Ji Sub's career in drama, I may have to give you some props. People always end up

dead.

Guest hye091

Looking back on So Ji Sub's career in drama, I may have to give you some props. People always end up

dead.

yeah, i would think so ji sub is the most pitiful in most of his roles. In glass slipper, what happened in bali and misa, he ended up dying.

• 10 months later...

definitely YUL (kim jeong hoon) in Goong. Gad. If i was the girl i would've had an affair with him wahaha XD but his ending sucked so much!! i mean, can't he get a girl too?! what girl wouldnt want him!?! and he didnt even get to do intimate scenes with anyone! gah!! (intimate ie: kiss ^^)

But Jun Ki is also one in his my girl role :( I felt so sad for him cause he obviously liked da hae first T T gah!! but then wookie would get hurt -__- haha XD

• 3 months later...
Guest arinkorin

I choose Jo In Sung from What Happened in Bali.

dang, they loved each other and not knowing about it up until the moment he killed the girl himself.

sad sad. =(

• 10 months later...

I'm pretty cold-hearted so i don't often feel sorry but drama characters but the one character I cried buckets over was So Ji Sup (forgotten the name of his character) in I'm Sorry I Love You.

• 3 years later...

So Ji Sub's character, Cha Moo Hyuk, in I'm Sorry, I Love You (MISA). I honestly don't even think there's a character more pitiful than he is. He was abandoned and got adopted to Australia. He wasn't lucky enough to get adopted into a loving family and ended up growing up like trash. His girlfriend, the only one who've been by his side, betrayed him and married a rich gangster for money. At their wedding, someone hired an assassin to kill both Moo Hyuk's girlfriend as well as her rich husband-to-be. Moo Hyuk, who loved her so much, decided to jump in to protect her from the bullets and ended up getting shot in the head. Of course, he survived but he only had three months to live because one of the bullets couldn't be removed from his head. His richard simmons of a girlfriend didn't even get back with him and gave him money to go back to Korea to die there. He decided to go back to Korea to find his mother, who he thought abandoned him because she was poor, ended up being a rich actress and his brother being a popular idol........He was always suffering, from birth until the day he died. 
I don't want to spoil more than the first episode but really, Cha Moo-Hyuk is a really pitiful character. I've never cried so much for a drama or character before. Everytime he looked at his mother, I cried. Everytime he went insane, I cried. Everytime he was in pain, I cried. Everytime he cried, I cried. This drama left a scar inside my heart. Whenever I think about this drama or being reminded of So Ji Sub's character in I'm Sorry, I Love You, I feel like crying or become truly depressed (like I am right now after rewatching the drama for the 4th time. It hurts but it's such a good drama that I don't mind the pain.) 

Archived