zmxpm.jpg

“Netizen’s Choice: Musician of the Year (Group Category)”

kLFoQ.jpg

Source: Korean Music Awards

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara / SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

yglupload.png

2NE1 Nominated for Three Korean Music Awards + Nominee MV Clips

abcddd-1.png

On January 18, 2012, the 9th Korea Music Awards committee announced their list of nominees. 2NE1 is nominated in three categories for Song of the Year, Best Dance & Electronic Song, and Netizens Choice. For the Netizen Choice category only those with Korean IDs can vote. Voting begins on January 18 and it will end on February 7, 2012. The Korean Music Awards will be held at AX-KOREA on February 29th at 7PM.

For those not familiar with the KMAs, it is one of the few awards that does NOT use sales and popularity as the major award criteria. Nominees and winners are chosen by a distinguished panel of music industry members based on their evaluation of music quality. Thus, even non-mainstream and indie artists are considered by the panel.

2NE1 has been nominated in the KMAs for every year since their debut. In 2010, the were nominated for Rookie of the Year and Best R&B & Soul Song (I Don't Care), but did not win. In 2011, 2NE1 was nominated and won the award for Best Dance & Electronic Album (To Anyone).

The awards ceremony was created with the intent to treat pop musicians as artists, not as entertainers; consequently, this award focused more on their achievements instead of their sales. There are a total of 25 different categories, and nominations were made by a selection committee.

Panelist Kim Chang Nam commented, “We did not differentiate between mainstream and non-mainstream. All songs and albums were tested under the standards by 60 different members on the committee. We tried our best in combining the musical tastes and judging standards in our nominee decisions.” Another panelist, Park Eun Seok has said of the KMAs, “There’s a lot of controversy over us not choosing popular artists for a popular music awards show, but I think that there’s a bit of confusion over the definition of ’popular music’. Popular music does not mean the public’s music. We consider the music in its entirety, without taking the level of awareness the song has, or its public and commercial achievement.”

Check out all the nominees in these three categories, we added clips of the lesser known artists, it's a very talented list of nominees.

Song of the Year Nominees

abcddd2.png

Best Dance & Electronic Song Nominees

abcddd3.png

Netizens Choice Nominees

abcddd4.png

Congratulations also labelmates GD&Top for their Best Rap & Hip Hop album nomination.

Source:

KMA Official Site, Always Tae Yang, BBU, and clbaddestfemale

Article by tazanya @ygladies.com

posted?

76238188522137.jpg

source: nate

CL mentioned on Angelo Elizabeth's interview (Fashion stylist/ Co-Owner of Fashion Watcher and sales advisor at Replay)

Who do you think is the best-dressed woman in the world?

The best-dressed woman in the world is CL of the Korean K-POP group 2NE1. She always looks stunning and her outfits perfectly describe who she is.

(source)

2NE1 donates over $17,000 to children’s hospital

20120118_2ne1.jpg

We previously reported that 2NE1 paid a visit to the Yonsei Severance Hospital. Following up, it’s been revealed that the girls donated 20,000,000 won (approximately $17,600 USD) to help young patients with hearing disabilities.

Aside from making their official donation, the girls also held a small fanmeeting with the children and their families, sending them messages of hope with presents and holding an autograph session.

Maknae Minzy, whose birthday was also on that day, stated, “I’m very happy that I could spend my birthday with everyone!” As the group’s leader, CL stated formally, “Thank you for allowing us such a great opportunity like this. We hope we could be of help in the future as well.”

The donation will be used to help buy hearing aids for those children who cannot afford them.

Source + Image: Osen

Credit: Allkpop

120119 DARA Me2day Updates

HMYyG.jpg

하나씩 공개되는 스킨맑음…^.^ 5가지 종류가 있어요 ~ 자기 피부에 맞는 스킨을 골라쓰는 재미! 난… 건조하니까 수분을 더 투척해야될거같은뎅!!! +.+ 촉촉해 촉촉해에~! 촉촉~훼에~! 이 노래 궁금해요?

Clear skin which is exposed to the public one by one... ^.^ There are five different types for your skin ~ And then you select depending on what is most appropriate for your skin! I... have a bit of a dry skin, so I choose moisturizing to throw in more moisture!!! +.+ *Moist, moist, moiiisssttt~! Moist, deeper moist~!* Curious about this song?

Tags: For this song, the shiny, shiny people* have sung it! ^.^ I'm dancing... Ke ke

T/N:

*Dara is referring to SHINee's song for Wanna Be Sweet.. This one

On her me2day, she wrote down the lyrics of the song .

**Shine shiny people = SHINee

VryfG.jpg

스킨맑음 체조~시작! +.+ 이 영상을 보시면 댄싱머신(?)달옹의 스킨맑음 체조 스포를 조금 보실수 있을듯! 빛나는분들이 조금 따라해주셨네요!^_^ㅋ 스킨맑음 moist&deep moist&fresh&essential smoother!골라골라~!건조한 난 moist!

Skin malgem* dance ~ start! +.+ When you watch this video of Dancing Machine(?) Darong, you can see a little bit of the skin malgem dance! ^_^ Ke Skin malgem moist&deep;moist&fresh;&essential;smoother! Choose, choose~! Since I'm dry, I choose moist!

Tags:

This is Jonghyun's introduction for skin malgem moist! Each member introduces one of the 5 skin malgem types in total!

T/N:

*Skin malgem = The new product Dara is endorsing. Literally, it translates to "clear skin"

Credits:

Source: Dara's me2day

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

More Dara Pictures @ Etude House New CF

Jiho7.jpg

yQ8kd.jpg

8hN3w.jpg

Source: Etude House Korea@Facebook

Guest dragon-rider

120119 DARA's me2day update

H79Py.jpg

큰누나 쳐다보는 둥이?!?ㅋ그나저나 빨리 투애니원 소식도 알려주고싶은뎅..아직은..!없네용!^^;아마 항상 그렇겟지만 열심히 또 준비하겟죠?+.+ 흠..그리구 2월엔 열심히한 투애니원을 위한 여행스케줄도 잡혀있고~^0^유후!이추운 겨울날 따뜻한곳가서 태닝도 좀 하고ㅋ

Doong-ie is looking at eldest noona?!? Ke Anyway, I wanted to tell you guys about some 2NE1 news really fast/soon, but… Not yet..! Not now! ^^; Though it may take some time, but you guys know that we are preparing really hard, right? +.+ Hmmmm… Although, 2NE1 does have a schedule for a travel in February~^0^ Yoohoo! In this cold winter time, it would be nice to go to a warm place and do a little sunbathing Ke

오랜만에 멤바들이 다 뭉쳤죠?!? 투애니원과 위드 켐페인이 함께~ 치료가 필요한 어린친구들에게 조금이나마 도움이 되고싶어서 모엿어요! 울 친구들 빨리 치료받고 나아서 우리 음악도 마음껏 들을 수 있는 날이 왓으면 좋겟어요! 여러분들도 힘내라고 응원많이 해주세요! ^_^

It’s been a long time since all the members have gathered together like this, right?!? 2NE1 all together for WITH campaign ~ This is just our little way of helping out all our young friends who need medical treatment! All our friends, please get treated and then cured really fast, so that you guys could hear our music better, and I really wish that day to be come as soon as possible! And everybody, please also cheer them on lot, along with us! ^_^

Source: Dara’s me2day

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

Dara gives us hint about 2NE1's upcoming activity !!! w00t.gifw00t.gif . I wonder what is that warm place she mentions, maybe somewhere in the US or a South East Asia country?