[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest rebwarts

After YW's death, I had posed the question as to why the King, at that time, had not conducted an investigation.  Since he must have been smart enough to be suspicious of his own mother and Lord Yoon.  After watching the subs on ep. 13, in the Hulu and Dramafever versions, where there was a reference to "Helen of Troy", I have a possible secret/spoiler:

It was the King who ordered NK to 'remove' YW as the crown princess.  He did it so that his two sons would not war with each other for her.  He did it to protect his sons; especially YM, who would be tempted to join the opposition to overthrow Lee Hwon, for the sake of a woman, which is the story of Helen of Troy.  

So, NK received:

1. Aeri's last request to protect YW, AND
  2. the Dowager Queen's command to kill YW, AND
  3. the King's command to take away YW.
That's a hell of an assignment.   *quoted image*  And, the result is the current situation.  *quoted image*

If my supposition is correct, then, we will move to the dark side with the two brothers going to war over a woman.  YM is going to stage a rebellion to overthrown the King.  Nooooo!  :tears:

First time to comment here, cant help but join the fun.

@Auntie Mame, your supposition is plausible. But my take on why the king hid he circumstance regarding YW death is this = because the Dowager Queen used Princess Minhwa as a leverage to make sure that the King's silence. We all know how the King loved the princess. The King cant do anything because the Dowager Queen told him about Minhwa's participation in the crime. As a father he wants to protect her daughter. I think by the time the King found out about the whole thing YW has supposedly died and YW's father was already banished from his court. The Dowager Queen is one heartless witch, to ensure her clans prosperity she manipulates her own son (former King), and hurt her grandson Hwon and emotionally scarred young (spoiled) princess, Minhwa to get what she wants.

Guest jellybeaniebaby

After YW's death, I had posed the question as to why the King, at that time, had not conducted an investigation. Since he must have been smart enough to be suspicious of his own mother and Lord Yoon. After watching the subs on ep. 13, in the Hulu and Dramafever versions, where there was a reference to "Helen of Troy", I have a possible secret/spoiler:

It was the King who ordered NK to 'remove' YW as the crown princess. He did it so that his two sons would not war with each other for her. He did it to protect his sons; especially YM, who would be tempted to join the opposition to overthrow Lee Hwon, for the sake of a woman, which is the story of Helen of Troy.

So, NK received:

That's a hell of an assignment. *quoted image* And, the result is the current situation. *quoted image*

If my supposition is correct, then, we will move to the dark side with the two brothers going to war over a woman. YM is going to stage a rebellion to overthrown the King. Nooooo! :tears:

Hmmm... I hadn't thought about the brothers aspect like that...

I wonder though if he would really start a rebellion, especially when he is rejected by YW anyways. He was going to just disappear again.

But yes, the reason why the death was never properly investigated it was because the former king was protecting his mother.

The hairpiece will reappear, although it is unclear who has it right now, whether that is by choice or poor editing. We'll figure that one out later.

Witnesses and perpetrators:

High Priestess - Guilty of dark magic on Crown Princess - Commanded by Dowager Queen to perform it - Also knows that Queen's father killed former king's brother and Ari witnessed it - Brought back YW and dug her up - knows identity.

Seon - Friend of YW - Knows whole story and was with her as child when they left.

Dowager Queen - Guilty of treason for ordering YW's death - Also ordered her own son's death (not the king) - I think she will end up using her favor with the king to save her own life.

Queen - Accessory to murder - heard her father was going to kill YW - Was aware of the plot to put her on the throne in YW's place.

Princess - Witness to the dark magic - Thinks it was to help her marry Yeom - Still has guilty conscience - May have to give him up for YW to return to her rightful place, which would return Yeom to his rightful place as counselor and teacher to the king - Then maybe he goes to Seon - Doesn't appear marriage has been consummated anyways.

Astrologer - Witness - Helped to get young YW to safety - Knows she is still alive and who she is.

Father of the Queen - Killed former king's brother - Killed Ari - Prophesied to be taken down.

Eunich - Only other person than king who knows about the lettuce plant - Yeom knew of the plant but not sure he knew what it was - Eunich could be a witness. (it's a stretch)

Woon - Knows more than he is letting on...

Mother - Has already recognized YW

King - Has finally figured out black magic was involved - Hair pin will be final proof for him.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS:

Father of Queen

Dowager Queen (could negotiate exile with her favor)

Queen (most likely exiled)

High Priestess (she sees it coming)

And isn't YW technically Queen now? Weren't they saying that she was Hwan's wife even though they hadn't had the ceremony - as if it was just a formality - which would mean that she would outrank the other girl, even though she has the title of queen for now at least.

If YM rebel against the king by overthrowing, it will be a whole lot of a mess.  I don't know who's side Woon and Yeom take if that happens. Hope that YM will be sacrificial to his brother.

As far as I can remember it was the Queen Dowager who ordered NK to kill YW. Maybe the reason why the king before didn't investigate is because her mother was involved as well as his beloved princess Minhwa.

The previous king did investigate it ... and buried his findings.  And his eunuch killed himself before Hwon can question him to find out the truth of what happened.  I don't believe that the previous king knew what was going on before her death ... but think he investigated it after and found out.

i have a hunch that the great dowager queen is going to collect the favor that the king owes from her when the king finds out what really happened 8 years ago...she's quite confident, in the conversation she had with yoon dae hyeon before, that in the event that the king finds out the truth he will bury it, just like what the former king did..

Guest Wanndii_JYJ

After YW's death, I had posed the question as to why the King, at that  time, had not conducted an investigation.  Since he must have been smart  enough to be suspicious of his own mother and Lord Yoon.  After  watching the subs on ep. 13, in the Hulu and Dramafever versions, where  there was a reference to "Helen of Troy", I have a possible  secret/spoiler:

It was the King who ordered NK to  'remove' YW as the crown princess.  He did it so that his two sons would  not war with each other for her.  He did it to protect his sons;  especially YM, who would be tempted to join the opposition to overthrow  Lee Hwon, for the sake of a woman, which is the story of Helen of  Troy.  

So, NK received:

That's a hell of an assignment.   *quoted image*  And, the result is the current situation.  *quoted image*

If  my supposition is correct, then, we will move to the dark side with the  two brothers going to war over a woman.  YM is going to stage a  rebellion to overthrown the King.  Nooooo!  :tears:

i can understand how those people fear, but don't they take at least a bit of consideration of a 13 year old girl. What did she do wrong to deserve all the thing. Wol, i will support you if you seek for revenge!

Hmmm... I hadn't thought about the brothers aspect like that...

I wonder though if he would really start a rebellion, especially when he is rejected by YW anyways. He was going to just disappear again.

But yes, the reason why the death was never properly investigated it was because the former king was protecting his mother.

The hairpiece will reappear, although it is unclear who has it right now, whether that is by choice or poor editing. We'll figure that one out later.

Witnesses and perpetrators:

High Priestess - Guilty of dark magic on Crown Princess - Commanded by Dowager Queen to perform it - Also knows that Queen's father killed former king's brother and Ari witnessed it - Brought back YW and dug her up - knows identity.

Seon - Friend of YW - Knows whole story and was with her as child when they left.

Dowager Queen - Guilty of treason for ordering YW's death - Also ordered her own son's death (not the king) - I think she will end up using her favor with the king to save her own life.

Queen - Accessory to murder - heard her father was going to kill YW - Was aware of the plot to put her on the throne in YW's place.

Princess - Witness to the dark magic - Thinks it was to help her marry Yeom - Still has guilty conscience - May have to give him up for YW to return to her rightful place, which would return Yeom to his rightful place as counselor and teacher to the king - Then maybe he goes to Seon - Doesn't appear marriage has been consummated anyways.

Astrologer - Witness - Helped to get young YW to safety - Knows she is still alive and who she is.

Father of the Queen - Killed former king's brother - Killed Ari - Prophesied to be taken down.

Eunich - Only other person than king who knows about the lettuce plant - Yeom knew of the plant but not sure he knew what it was - Eunich could be a witness. (it's a stretch)

Woon - Knows more than he is letting on...

Mother - Has already recognized YW

King - Has finally figured out black magic was involved - Hair pin will be final proof for him.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS:

Father of Queen

Dowager Queen (could negotiate exile with her favor)

Queen (most likely exiled)

High Priestess (she sees it coming)

And isn't YW technically Queen now? Weren't they saying that she was Hwan's wife even though they hadn't had the ceremony - as if it was just a formality - which would mean that she would outrank the other girl, even though she has the title of queen for now at least.

To clarify, Prince Uiseong wasn't the Queen Dowager's biological son. Prince Uiseong is a son of a royal concubine...

Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo at "The Moon Embracing The Sun" production dinner ^_^

tumblr_lzmhxv0EF51qdq2xu.jpg

Forbearing Moon to Embrace the Sun – Wol to Start Revenge

In the episode 14 of the MBC drama series The Moon Embracing the Sun, Wol regains her past memory under high anticipation of viewers. In the same episode, all scenes, no matter it’s the secret investigation by Hong Kyu Tae, or Lee Hwon is about to summon Jang Nok Young for face to face talking, or the prophecy by Jang Nok Young, pointing to the drama will enter the phase of deciphering the truth of the death of crown princess starting from episode 15. On the other hand, the return of Yeon Woo’s memory, the forbearing moon (Wol) will also uses her own way to start the revenge plan, and uses the love of Yeon Woo to embrace the sun.

Foreshadowing Hint on Plot Development 1: The leads for Hong Kyu Tae to solve the case increasingly clear, the truth of the case almost certain

In the episode 14, the representative of Sungkyunkwan scholars in those years, the important person that the king used to restart the investigation on the cause of the death of Yeon Woo, Hong Kyu Tae, discovered the important clue that the body temperature of Yeon Woo does not change after passing away, and after his own experiment on corpse, he came to conclusion that Yeon Woo was certainly not dead. In the future plot development, Hong Kyu Tae who successfully launched a campaign for crown prince will definitely once again make contribution to the king, revealing the truth of the case.

Foreshadowing Hint on Plot Development 2: Prophecy by state shaman of Seongsucheong Jang Nok Young that tragic struggle will be staged

In episode 14, state shaman Jang Nok Young said a prophecy with significant meaning, “After experiencing the tremendous change, all things on earth will back in place, will soon stir up terror and bloody. Nobody can avoid it.” Suggesting the general trend for future plot development after the events of solar eclipse and regaining of memory by Wol the occurred in the episode, raising the curtain for bloody imperial palace and political struggle that nobody can escape. While Jang Nok Young who personally involved in the case of crown princess, starts to call Wol whom she never gave a name for last 8 years as “miss,” and tells the true words and shaman’s prediction and advice to Wol for the first time. This also indicates that in the battle that follows, she will be the faithful backing of Wol, even sacrifices herself for Wol in order for salvation.

Foreshadowing Hint on Plot Development 3: From forbearing moon to sun embracing moon, the revenge by Wol will be focus and clue for the remaining episodes

The regain of memory by Yeon Woo, becoming the major turning point of Wol’s personality, also let Han Ga In who received criticism in her acting in her first 8 episodes (implicit the 8 years Yeon Woo disappeared) to have outbreak in acting. When Jang Nok Young told her when visiting her in prison, “Miss will have other hardships in future, defend what, abandon what, the only person who knows the answer is you yourself. So don’t look for answer outside, find the answer in your own heart. No matter facing with what facts, please remember that you’re the person stronger than anyone else, your wisdom will lead you to the correct choice, and your strong will will make you win. Soon the truth will unveil itself, all the things lie in your hand.” Implying the imminent return of Yeon Woo’s memory, and also indicates that in the subsequent struggle, the last powerhouse and winner is ultimately Wol.

Credit: asian-drama

Guest simplyallysa

http://kpopfever.com/2012/02/the-moon-yeo-jin-goo-kim-yoo-jung-lee-min-ho-cuties-at-get-together/

If you wanna chech this from the production party dinner with the child actors

*quoted image*

oh i really like this line

"The marriage predestined by fate, that was severed by human hands, will be reinstated by the Heavens.After the change in skies, everything will back to it proper place. - Shaman Jang narrated during the eclipse"

I am just wondering why there's no picture of HGI and YSA???

Can't wait for the preview for episode 15.

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

I LOVE IT IN CHAPTER 13 WHEN HWON SAID TO WOL "YOU'RE WORRIED THAT I AM EMBRACING ANOTHER WOMAN":wub: :wub: :wub:  OMG!THIS REALLY TICKLES ME.I DONT CARE EVEN IF HAN GA IN IS A LOT OLDER TO HWON IN REAL LIFE WHAT MATTERS MOST IS THEY ARE JUST ACTING AND DOING THIER GREAT JOB:D

I LOVE IT WHEN WOL SAID"YEON YU WONT CRY ANYMORE"WAAAAAAAAAAA SOUNDS LIKE THE REAL QUEEN COMES BACK TO LIFE AND BUK YUNG WILL BE PUNISHED WITH HER EVIL DAD AND GRANNY.

it would be nice to read your post only if those were not in ALL CAPS. seriously.

Guest CaroleL

it would be nice to read your post only if those were not in ALL CAPS. seriously.

Ya, strange gal, she use all caps in her YouTube comments too. Probably habitual.

Guest ghettoe

Okay, my occasional rant which tends to ruffle a few people's feather but hey this is just my opinion and if it's different from yours then let it be. We can't all love one character and we can't all be impressed by the other characters.

I won't say much about Jung Il woo and his character. I feel I said enough last time. Neither impressed nor do I think I will be. I have no bad feelings towards Jung Il Woo, but his character has been rather stagnant. Tis a shame really. Not to mention it feels like everyone is progressing but him which once again makes me feel like he's just a filler.

I already ranted about Kim Soo Hyun who has been quite consistent.

I must say the person that impressed me now is Han Ga In. She's really stepped it up as far as emotion goes and also she's more expressive now. I quite liked how she acted in the recent episode (episode 14). To me, it's the best I've seen her so far.

I don't talk about the plot much because I''m being rather happy go lucky about the plot. There are quite a lot of flaws in it but I am not exactly viewing this drama expecting an intelligent plot. For one, one of the things I've wondered is why exactly do the minister's make the King's life difficult? The answer that seems obvious is that they are corrupt and just don't want the king to limit their power. However, since the focus isn't politics so much, this seems like such a weak reason and it all just boils down to greed. I hope someone explains that part better to me because I just can't come up with a better reason.

That's not really my only gripe with the plot, but I'll save my humongous rant for the end and once again, I did say, I was pretty much going with the flow. The plot isn't intolerable so I'm pretty much hooked.Besides, I have been engrossed in some serious dramas lately and this is pretty refreshing.

Guest julia17

Kim Soo Hyun makes a mistake while shooting

The Moon Embracing The Sun “Full of laughs!”

401507_242513462503669_181695605252122_545133_2018949571_n.jpg

Actor Kim Soo Hyun made a mistake while shooting the drama series Moon Embracing the Sun.

In the episode of MBC TV’s Happy Time that aired on February 19, some failed scenes of the main cast of Moon Embracing the Sun were released.

A failed scene of Wol (played by Han Ga In) and Lee Hwon (played by Kim Soo Hyun) seeing each other on the street by chance especially attracted the viewers’ attention.

In the scene, Lee Hwon runs away with Wol, holding her hand, as she was in danger of being dragged to vice minister Yoon Soo Chan (played by Kim Seung Wook). While running away, Lee says panting for breath, “Why don’t you fear things like that?”

When Kim was speaking his part, director says, “Cut!” and Kim got startled and glared at the director. He also got laughs by showing an exhausted look on his face, shooting the running scene repeatedly.

Source: Xportsnews

Via: Korea