[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest arathegreat

Song Jae Hee, aka older Yeom replied on his twitter to all the criticism about his older looking self in the drama

"My sister suddenly died, and my mother went crazy with the shock. when I came back from being exiled my father passed away...I was the only one who didn't know I was aging excessively.."

*quoted image*

He took it like a good sport, so let's stop criticizing the adult actors.

And honestly, we only saw THIRTY MINUTES of the adult actors and it's not fair to criticize them based on those thirty minutes..

All these actors got their parts because the director and staff saw that they were fit for their roles.

These are the actors who are going to lead the rest of the drama, so no matter how wonderful the children were, we should support the older actors throughout the rest of the drama.

my 2 cents.

Exactly.

I don't know why do people criticize the drama based only on the actor's looks?

Come on, just because the book says "he's the most handsome, blah blah"

everything should be followed. Again, the screen writer has the right and opportunity to show

his/her interpretation of the story, as long as s/he's not distorting anything.

*Sigh* Poor Jae Hee.

It's just childish and unfair to judge these adult casts just because the child actors did so well.

After all, the drama shouldn't depend on the fan service (like eye candies, cute faces) for the ratings.

but rather on the quality, flow and logic of the story.

Waaa. So excited for the episode later.

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

Song Jae Hee, aka older Yeom replied on his twitter to all the criticism about his older looking self in the drama

"My sister suddenly died, and my mother went crazy with the shock. when I came back from being exiled my father passed away...I was the only one who didn't know I was aging excessively.."

*quoted image*

And honestly, we only saw THIRTY MINUTES of the adult actors and it's not fair to criticize them based on those thirty minutes..

All these actors got their parts because the director and staff saw that they were fit for their roles.

These are the actors who are going to lead the rest of the drama, so no matter how wonderful the children were, we should support the older actors throughout the rest of the drama.

my 2 cents.

thank you for sharing this. count me in as one of those who would consider SJH as the adult yeom. and my first impression is not an instant wow to him , yes but questions whether he fits the role or not is already laid on the table--i was glad to now that my insights of Yeom's older look than the rest of the cast was the same as his . :D

Ths is my first time to see KSH 's acting , and the connection to young Lee Hwon clicked in just one snap , that's how i felt.

about the YEOM 's puberty to adult dilemma --- the first two episode introduction of him being the dazzling handsome scholar could have died down with Yeon Woo's death too. He is for one the closest person to YW. YW is his confidant and have shared books together and all. After YW died, from the impression of last night episode, he took over the responsibility in the house as the head master because his parents aren't capable of moving on after the lost of their daughter. (Omma being in denial, Appa in hallucination)

However, the adult Yeom spells wisdom still. I can still feel the oblivious YEOM there :D

403776_174732245966181_152170751555664_235677_640939599_n.jpg

Here's the translation of the preview. Credit to ockoala.

Nok Young: When I am not here, when strangers come, you must hide. Do not let anyone see your face, do not make eye contact with anyone.

Unknown man: You still have that child in your heart?

Yang Myung: It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t even think of me. In the next life, please, can she only look at me?

Wol: I know, I know what that person in my memories is.

Hwon: Is there someone you are waiting for? In the past, could you have met me before?

Here is the link OCKOALA METS 7

I was skeptical to post this but I know there are people who wants to know what will happen and there are those who would like to kill me after this post ㅠㅠ

I'll skip those that Blue already summarized. I just skimmed the book because I was dying of curiosity already. I still haven't read the second book because I still haven't purchased it yet but I looked for the summary on naver.

*WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS

Save yourselves by not clicking on the spoiler.

-Wol's last day in the palace and Hwon really wanted to know who's curing him so he pretended to drink the tea but coughed it out. He pretended to be asleep and Woon was standing on guard outside. Wol came into the room and surprised that Hwon moved and grabbed her ankle. Hwon called out his servants to get as many candles as they can because he wanted to see Wol's face clearly. He was happy when he became sure that he wasn't dreaming, that he wasn't seeing a ghost and definitely not hallucinating.

-Hwon pretended to be still sick so he can still have Wol beside him. He calls her everytime he misses her. For some reason Wol reminds him of Yeonwoo.

-They took a walk one night and Hwon ordered his servants including Woon to step back. Hwon grabbed Wol and ran away and hid in different buildings (when I was reading this I was really really giddy inside ahaha I can imagine KimSoohyun).

-Hwon told Wol about a girl he once loved and cried. :tears: (This part is not clear because the description was rather confusing to me but I think they kissed?)

-Since Wol reminds Hwon of Yeonwoo he became in doubt about Yeonwoo's death because it was all sudden. He started investigating.

-Hwon personally went to Seongsucheong and met Nokyung. He asked how Wol became a shaman. Nokyung said that she found her on the street and that she had no idea what the child's background was.

-Again this made me confused..Wol wanted to go back to her family and Seol knows that she gained back her memory. Wol said that it looks like they're not the only ones that were investigating Seongsucheong but also Hwon was. Seol said that if Hwon can gather more evidence Wol can go back home. Wol said if she's found out, her past life as Yeonwoo will be found out as well.

-Woon was scared that Yeonwoo, the girl Hwon loves was the same person that he likes which was Wol. He wished that Wol's a different person, just a shaman.

-Minhwa finally go what she always wanted which was to share a night with Yeom (this really made me a bit annoyed because she was insisting herself and doesn't even think of what she did to Yeonwoo.)

-Woon's a son of a concubine.

The summary I read on naver.

-Hwon finally found out that Yeonwoo's alive and all the secrets have been found out.

-Yeom told Minhwa to confess what she did to Hwon.

-Minhwa became a slave to pay for what she did but I think she still had Yeom by her side.

-Yangmyung still did everything for his brother Hwon though he was hurting.

-Bokyung who didn't receive Hwon's love commited suicide.

-Both evil granny and Yoon daehyung were punished by drinking poison. (I think this was the punishment for those who live in the palace)

-Yangmyung died during a sword fight with Yoon daehyung's people.

-Yeonwoo got back her position as Hwon's Queen and they had a child.

I still have to read the second book to be sure with what I've read. Please forgive me with this post.

Indeed what a major spoiler :w00t:

but I like spoiler... thanks for sharing this >_<

*quoted image*

my 2 cents.

Love how he take this in a positive way... :D

Indeed these adult actors are chose for a reason. definitely. their appearance are just a mere 30 minutes. they've got a lot to show us just yet. we shouldnt have judge them yet just based on the age-wise.

just like Han Gain. I was kinda a bit worried to see her as Yeon Woo but then ep7 preview definitely prove me wrong.

Han Gain definitely one great actress after I watched her in Terms of Endearment (2004) drama. though Witch Yoohee didnt challenged her that much but in her before drama, definitely prove that she's indeed one great actress and from the latest preview itself, she prove herself again ^_^

I love seeing in the preview when HGI broke to tears... though she may lost her memories, the feeling is still there and that feeling definitely the one that will bring her back to her King, Lee Hwon :wub:

and when Lee Hwon pull her to his side at the last part of the preview, i just go.... awwwww..... :wub:

he felt something about her though he didnt know who she is. she also felt the same feeling that make she cried when she saw him... I just love these kind of things in drama ^_^

damn! I'm so excited for episode 7 ^^

this is the first time, I watched a drama though the sub one is not out yet. I just want to get updated on it as soon as possible.. oh my addiction to this drama definitely critical :lol:

I started watching this drama on Friday and had already caught up by Sunday! this is my first historical drama and I love it to pieces! The casting is amazing. I find it a bit mean that people are criticising Han Ga In when she's only been in the drama for like 5 seconds! Give her chance, this drama could show her being a better actress!

Guest puddingkancho

i've requested for a fanclub but soompi hasn't replied yet :(:( 

how come padam padam has one and we don't have one yet?? 

Guest Trina987

hello all,

I read previous post regarding videos in viki... Fyi: Only QC who is in a a license region which is North, South and Central America can watch the videos. We do not need the English Subtitle Editor. The other license region is Malaysia and Singapore as of now. Those who are QC who is not in a license region can not watch the videos. This is all due to the right of the content owners and copyright issues. Therefore, i hope this answers questions of those regarding moon embrace sun in viki site.

In another note, I have watched the preview of episode 7 and loving it and watched it soo many times. As for the adult Yeom, to me I am happy he was a good sport about it. I want to see if he will do a excellent job and that does including Ha Ga In but the preview episode 7. It seem that she will be doing a good job as she does have the same expression as the young YW. Therefore, let enjoy the drama and go with the flow :D Oh also, I am waiting to see who give the first kiss and hopefully some HOT Waterfall Shower Scenes too... :D

Guest kumiko_a

Aha. It's been a long, loooong time since I've watched a kdrama and I must say that MoonSun pulled at my heartstrings from the very start! The child actors brimmed with emotions. And, KIM! SOO! HYUN! 

Also, can I just say how much I love the OST? I love it so much that I just had to purchase the music sheet for 시간을 거슬러 (Back in Time) by Lyn right away. 

And so, just in case anyone wants the music sheet, here it is!

download link: Back in Time - Lyn (.rar)

password: exon 

I'd appreciate it if you do not share the link outside soompi. sweatingbullets.gif Anyhow, happy playing! (If you have any problems downloading the file, pm me!)

P.S. SPOIL ME PLEASE! What happens to Seol in the book?  I'm going down with Yeom/Seol ship, yes? No?  

I want to know what happens to Seol too!!! Though I am going to go down with the Woon/Seol ship. As Yeom is already married, she should switch her affections to someone who probably loves the sword as much as she! They would be perfect for each other. 

Guest anzos27

Thank you so much for the sheet music! I've been trying to find it, without success.

You are very kind to share the MoonSun love!

Guest nancylee15

Wow, after City Hunter I never imagine that another drama can make me so giddy by just watching previews! I gotta admit I was one of the majority that was very nervous about the HGI and KSH's pairing because I know that KSH can carry any role but HGI, I've never really watched any of her dramas so I wasn't sure of her acting capabilities. The age difference didn't really matter that much because Ga In has such a baby face that I knew it would be fine.

If anyone can answer me, I'm a little confused with the Queen Dowager (or the evil grandma). Isn't the current King her son? If he's already sitting on the throne, why is she killing everyone off including our main actress' father or am I missing something important here?

I know it's hard to tell at this point, but are we going to get a happy ending???

Oh my god. I've just learned that:

- Actor Kim Jeong Hoon scheduled to play Heo Yeom but dropped out the  series prior to filming due to his album being released early 2012 in  Japan. Song Jae Hee has been replaced for this role.

541409Johnhoonphoto.jpg       My Yeom  :wub:                                                                                                           

Just imagine what this serie would have been with this eye-candy....

With KSH and JIW I would have been lost ...

OK, I'm willing to give his chance to Song Jae Hee, but admit that it's a little wasteful.

Guest JustPinay

Wow, after City Hunter I never imagine that another drama can make me so giddy by just watching previews! I gotta admit I was one of the majority that was very nervous about the HGI and KSH's pairing because I know that KSH can carry any role but HGI, I've never really watched any of her dramas so I wasn't sure of her acting capabilities. The age difference didn't really matter that much because Ga In has such a baby face that I knew it would be fine.

If anyone can answer me, I'm a little confused with the Queen Dowager (or the evil grandma). Isn't the current King her son? If he's already sitting on the throne, why is she killing everyone off including our main actress' father or am I missing something important here?

I know it's hard to tell at this point, but are we going to get a happy ending???

The Queen Dowager is really scary and manipulative...and yes...she's a murderer...trying to get rid of people who are potential threats to their power...I think it's about preserving/sustaining their influence...as monarchs...there are other ways...but the Queen chooses the evil way....

....I really love this series...I hope, though, it would sustain my interest up to the end...the first 6 eps are enchanting...hence am looking forward to more captivating scenes...

Sorry for this question but...where do you guys watch this drama?? I want subbed ones..

There are several places you can watch this subbed - You'll have to wait for subs each week (it usually takes a couple of days before a new subbed episode is up) and you can always check this thread too. 

ViKi will probably have subs up the fastest when new episodes come out each week:

http://www.viki.com/...-the-sun/videos

Kimchi Drama:

http://www.kimchidra...braces-sun.html

Natnatvip:

http://www.natnatvip...ish-subbed.html

DramaCrazy:

http://www.dramacraz...braces-the-sun/

I want to know what happens to Seol too!!! Though I am going to go down with the Woon/Seol ship. As Yeom is already married, she should switch her affections to someone who probably loves the sword as much as she! They would be perfect for each other. 

Hmmm...if we go by this logic, since Hwon is already married too then Yeon Woo/Wol should switch her affections to someone else also? Like - Prince Myung? laugh.gif (I'll bet all the Prince Myung shippers would like this!) wub.gif

EDIT: Top of the page! Okay, here are some new pics and information of Kim Soo Hyun's cameo on Dream High 2 coming up! 

http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/first-look-at-kim-soo-hyuns-cameo-on-dream-high-2/

Alright, I'm back.

Last time I posted, I was on episode 2. I had TONS (I mean tons) of work the next day but I found myself on episode 6 that. same. day.

I wanted to hurt myself OTL.

Took 6 midterms... failed the Cisco one but while I was taking it... my mind was all on the drama -le sigh-

Now, I have to study for the AP BIO midterm tomorrow morning. I have over 15 big packets to study and review all my tests and take 3 practice tests.

I spent the whole day watching TV section news on TMTETS and watching snippets of each episode again and again and crying of joy everytime I watch them.

I also cried reading all of the spoilers here because I wanted to kick myself for reading it ... I didn't want to, but my brain craved for it! gahhh

SPENT 5 STINKIN' HOURS on the internet!

It's almost past 9pm here and I was going to stop searching about the drama because I HAD TO STUDY NO MATTER WHAT. If I fail this midterm, my parents will take my computer away so pretty much = NO MORE TMTETS. Worst. punishment. ever.

So anyways, I was going to exit out of Soompi when I accidently clicked on the Soompi homepage and BAM. "The Moon That Embraces The Sun" Episode 7 Preview.

God... why do you do this to me? D: 

p.s. making coffee now... -.-;

it's gonna be a looong night.

Sorry for the ranting. I had to say it. ^^

EDIT: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!! Tomorrow's Wednesday! ;DD

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share some news I read regarding the drama.

They are saying that The Moon That Embraces The Sun will air 5 minutes earlier than usual today and that the timing is also extended to 80 minutes which is 5 minutes longer (or rather 10 minutes? since an episode is around 70 mins long) than the usual. ^^

EDIT-

& some thoughts I wanted to share about this drama-

I am totally loving it! From the child actors to the adult actors. Everything! All of them are doing an amazing job.

I have been anticipating this drama eversince Kim Soohyun was casted to be lead. Have been a fan of him since Giant. He's an amazing young actor. & I cant wait to see how he will be faring in his first sageuk drama and from what I'm seeing, I am totally not disappointed at all! He looks great as the young king, Lee Hwon.

& Jung Ilwoo. Been a fan of him since high kick days! Some people may say that there is a disconnect between his Yangmyung & Lee Minho's Yangmyung. Though I have to say that there is a teensy little bit of difference, but I do see Yangmyung's longing for Yeonwoo during the scene where he was imagining Yeonwoo walking beside him and talking to him. I can definitely see the Yangmyung in him.

As for Han Ga In, I don't really have much to say about her cause I have not seen her dramas. Well, except for Witch Amusement which I didnt finish. lol.But anyways, from what I see in the preview I think she's gonna do well as Yeonwoo. & also she's very pretty.

So far so great ^^ & I cant wait for ep 7 tonight!

@arathegreat, no problem at all :)