[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Since this is a forum, I think it's ok that people have different opinions. Not everyone has to agree with what they see in regards to who looks younger, who looks older, who is doing a good job - etc etc etc. Drama viewing is a personal experience and not all comments in here have to be super positive nor in the other direction. I do love the talk back and forth of people who for one reason or another are watching this drama and feel compelled in one way or another to post about it :) Anyhow - I personally think the adult cast is doing just fine... I do think that JIW has a slight disadvtg at the moment coming fresh off his ramen shop character so it's easy for viewers to connect them and probably for him to have not completely shed that role. HGI - I think she's really pretty and honestly, I haven't been really impressed by any of her prior roles or acting ability. There is nothing to say that with the right role - someone just shines!! This could be it for her. I hope it is... because she seems to be a hard worker and she deserves to be more than the just a pretty face in the end. :) KSH - I like his portrayal of the king at least for now. I think he's convincing and I like how he shows that he's not stupid and that he knows that he needs to control his cabinet/court of ministers. Also - he's not weak when dealing with the Queen. :) Anyhow - I think all the cast (young and adults) are putting in all their efforts into this and I too will support it. Script - do not fail me!

Just now I read the ep 8 written preview @ koala's blog. Thanks tessieroo.

As translated by blue, do hwon and woon take a trip out of the palace and meet wol prior to the incident of warding of evils to improve king's health?????? I am really curious for this week's episode??????

Written preview for episode 8 is up at Koala's Playground:

http://koalasplaygro...e-8-of-moonsun/

EDIT: Here was the written preview for episode 7 for those of you who missed it last Friday:

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/01/20/written-preview-for-the-moon-that-embraces-the-sun/

Whaaa! :w00t:So it means chapter 1 of Blue's translation will be seen in ep 7! Can't wait for the "under the moonlight" meeting between YW and Hwon and this is when he will name her Wol!!!! :wub::wub: I fell in love with the novel right after reading the translated 1st chapter. I read a news saying a kissing scene will happen in episode 9???? So that must be the supposed to be last day of Wol in the palace.

Wednesday is tomorrow right? I don't think I can be able to sleep tonight though. :w00t::w00t:

Off topic: Do you also see some resemblance between KSH and Yoon Kye Sang or is it just me??? hehhehe!

thx for the links and updates guys.

gabjumz i think the crew have tried very hard to stay loyal to the novel,tho deviation happens there must have been solid reasons.(its hard to please everyone)like you, i'm so estatic about the text previews! :P

people are feeling anxious cause tomorrow and thurs's epic will weigh heavily on the romance plot line,so again,there is immense pressure on HGI and KSH(chemistry and acting)!jungkietgirl put it best,this drama could be the 'it' for HGI.I really hope for the best

ps waves to all new guests!!hello and welcome to the thread!! :lol:

thx for the links and updates guys.

gabjumz i think the crew have tried very hard to stay loyal to the novel,tho deviation happens there must have been solid reasons.(its hard to please everyone)like you, i'm so estatic about the text previews! :P

people are feeling anxious cause tomorrow and thurs's epic will weigh heavily on the romance plot line,so again,there is immense pressure on HGI and KSH(chemistry and acting)!jungkietgirl put it best,this drama could be the 'it' for HGI.I really hope for the best

ps waves to all new guests!!hello and welcome to the thread!! :lol:

If you read Blue's translation from chapters 1-6, you will see that the instead of following the squence in the novel, the drama adopted the childhood to adult part instead of the "flashback" type.

Anyway, in episode 6 of the drama the ministers and the Queen Dowager are convincing Hwon to go on a trip to recuperate so he can consumate his marriage with BK which Hwon opposes as he don't want the ministers to have a chance to completely rule the court during his absence. But because of BK's drama (kneeling outside the dowager's residence) and the dowager's hunger strike, he has no choice but succumb to their wishes. I think we will be seeing his vacation in episode 7. If you read chapter 1 of Blue's translation, you will see that Hwon was on a vacation to improve his health condition and that's when he first met Wol. I don't mean any deviation but I am just merely speculating the sequence based on the novel and seeing preview for ep 8, I guess that will be chapter 2-4 of the novel????

The weather condition in Korea is extremely cold and these actors and production crews are enduring it and working really hard to come up with a very good drama for us viewers. It's a good thing that their efforts are paid off by an impressive rating. Let's continue to support this wonderful drama and I really hope them well.

I am dying to see the preview of ep 7, it will be tonight right???

Hello

apart from the OTP I am now getting curious about the cute girl warrior SEOL!!

Her role is quite interesting how could a young girl be so brave she escapes from the new master to find YW I was amazed seeing her shows up in front of YW..how could she keep a secret about YW?

another thing is I guess she in to someone..her young master or young Prince YM??

well..seeing Seol growing to a beautiful young woman at the end of ep.6..is making me think that someone would fall to her instead..isn't she just soooo pretty?

Seol Fighting!!

off track..miss you ALEXUS

gabjumz,oops sorry for the vagueness of my post !yes i too think we'll be seeing it in tomorrow's episode,i loved the young cast but i know that the real story will start tomorrow tomorrow! :w00t: is it to early to think that they should extend the drama to 2-3 more epis?i don't mean to imply that its rushed..but since its not often we get such interesting thick plot lines in sagueks..i think that maybe epis 24 would be better compared to 20.

hope the weather's not wearing down anyone of them, yes the preview will be showed today,12 midnight(25th). ...i hope they change their mind about torturing us and just show it a lil earlier.. blush.gif

Guest *lyrynne*

I was skeptical to post this but I know there are people who wants to know what will happen and there are those who would like to kill me after this post ㅠㅠ

I'll skip those that Blue already summarized. I just skimmed the book because I was dying of curiosity already. I still haven't read the second book because I still haven't purchased it yet but I looked for the summary on naver.

*WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS

Save yourselves by not clicking on the spoiler.

-Wol's last day in the palace and Hwon really wanted to know who's curing him so he pretended to drink the tea but coughed it out. He pretended to be asleep and Woon was standing on guard outside. Wol came into the room and surprised that Hwon moved and grabbed her ankle. Hwon called out his servants to get as many candles as they can because he wanted to see Wol's face clearly. He was happy when he became sure that he wasn't dreaming, that he wasn't seeing a ghost and definitely not hallucinating.

-Hwon pretended to be still sick so he can still have Wol beside him. He calls her everytime he misses her. For some reason Wol reminds him of Yeonwoo.

-They took a walk one night and Hwon ordered his servants including Woon to step back. Hwon grabbed Wol and ran away and hid in different buildings (when I was reading this I was really really giddy inside ahaha I can imagine KimSoohyun).

-Hwon told Wol about a girl he once loved and cried. :tears: (This part is not clear because the description was rather confusing to me but I think they kissed?)

-Since Wol reminds Hwon of Yeonwoo he became in doubt about Yeonwoo's death because it was all sudden. He started investigating.

-Hwon personally went to Seongsucheong and met Nokyung. He asked how Wol became a shaman. Nokyung said that she found her on the street and that she had no idea what the child's background was.

-Again this made me confused..Wol wanted to go back to her family and Seol knows that she gained back her memory. Wol said that it looks like they're not the only ones that were investigating Seongsucheong but also Hwon was. Seol said that if Hwon can gather more evidence Wol can go back home. Wol said if she's found out, her past life as Yeonwoo will be found out as well.

-Woon was scared that Yeonwoo, the girl Hwon loves was the same person that he likes which was Wol. He wished that Wol's a different person, just a shaman.

-Minhwa finally go what she always wanted which was to share a night with Yeom (this really made me a bit annoyed because she was insisting herself and doesn't even think of what she did to Yeonwoo.)

-Woon's a son of a concubine.

The summary I read on naver.

-Hwon finally found out that Yeonwoo's alive and all the secrets have been found out.

-Yeom told Minhwa to confess what she did to Hwon.

-Minhwa became a slave to pay for what she did but I think she still had Yeom by her side.

-Yangmyung still did everything for his brother Hwon though he was hurting.

-Bokyung who didn't receive Hwon's love commited suicide.

-Both evil granny and Yoon daehyung were punished by drinking poison. (I think this was the punishment for those who live in the palace)

-Yangmyung died during a sword fight with Yoon daehyung's people.

-Yeonwoo got back her position as Hwon's Queen and they had a child.

I still have to read the second book to be sure with what I've read. Please forgive me with this post.

Omg, thank you so much. I really love to see KSY and HGIto potray their characters well. such a lovely story by the writer and I reallywish I know korean to read the book. It will give you different experience and imagination to read a book on your own more than to read it in bits and pieces.

Anyhow thank you very much and keep it comin when you read the second book also.

METS fighting!!!!!!

I was skeptical to post this but I know there are people who wants to know what will happen and there are those who would like to kill me after this post ㅠㅠ

I'll skip those that Blue already summarized. I just skimmed the book because I was dying of curiosity already. I still haven't read the second book because I still haven't purchased it yet but I looked for the summary on naver.

*WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS

Save yourselves by not clicking on the spoiler.

-Wol's last day in the palace and Hwon really wanted to know who's curing him so he pretended to drink the tea but coughed it out. He pretended to be asleep and Woon was standing on guard outside. Wol came into the room and surprised that Hwon moved and grabbed her ankle. Hwon called out his servants to get as many candles as they can because he wanted to see Wol's face clearly. He was happy when he became sure that he wasn't dreaming, that he wasn't seeing a ghost and definitely not hallucinating.

-Hwon pretended to be still sick so he can still have Wol beside him. He calls her everytime he misses her. For some reason Wol reminds him of Yeonwoo.

-Woon wishes that Wol wasn't Yeonwoo and just a different person that was a shaman.

-They took a walk one night and Hwon ordered his servants including Woon to step back. Hwon grabbed Wol and ran away and hid in different buildings (when I was reading this I was really really giddy inside ahaha I can imagine KimSoohyun).

-Hwon told Wol about a girl he once loved and cried. :tears: (This part is not clear because the description was rather confusing to me but I think they kissed?)

-Since Wol reminds Hwon of Yeonwoo he became in doubt about Yeonwoo's death because it was all sudden. He started investigating.

-Hwon personally went to Seongsucheong and met Nokyung. He asked how Wol became a shaman. Nokyung said that she found her on the street and that she had no idea what the child's background was.

-Again this made me confused..Wol wanted to go back to her family and Seol knows that she gained back her memory. Wol said that it looks like they're not the only ones that were investigating Seongsucheong but also Hwon was. Seol said that if Hwon can gather more evidence Wol can go back home. Wol said if she's found out, her past life as Yeonwoo will be found out as well.

-Woon was scared that Yeonwoo, the girl Hwon loves was the same person that he likes which was Wol. He wished that Wol's a different person, just a shaman.

-Minhwa finally go what she always wanted which was to share a night with Yeom (this really made me a bit annoyed because she was insisting herself and doesn't even think of what she did to Yeonwoo.)

-Woon's a son of a concubine.

The summary I read on naver.

-Hwon finally found out that Yeonwoo's alive and all the secrets have been found out.

-Yeom told Minhwa to confess what she did to Hwon.

-Minhwa became a slave to pay for what she did but I think she still had Yeom by her side.

-Yangmyung still did everything for his brother Hwon though he was hurting.

-Bokyung who didn't receive Hwon's love commited suicide.

-Both evil granny and Yoon daehyung were punished by drinking poison. (I think this was the punishment for those who live in the palace)

-Yangmyung died during a sword fight with Yoon daehyung's people.

-Yeonwoo got back her position as Hwon's Queen and they had a child.

I still have to read the second book to be sure with what I've read. Please forgive me with this post.

Guest miguel09

398593_3053133934970_1461954765_33028764_409598297_n.jpg

LATEST TWEETPIC  BY YOON SEUNG AH

396149_3053147135300_1461954765_33028767_536826889_n.jpg

Translation:

Finally! Whoa! Yeah! 'Harm embraces months' much love ^ ^bonbang shooter seolyiduyo please!

Awww...so sweet. So she was 12 and he was 18 in that movie. (I heard it was terrifying) Thanks for these clips! 

Annyeong Tess! :)  *waves* 

Yeah, so sweet indeed though their age difference is very obvious.

Thanx as well for the info about second lead getting the girl.   So, it's Park Shi Shoo and that's believable  . :) I've been asking the same question over and over 'coz I have second lead syndrome.   :lol:  But this time, I'm rooting for Hwon. Nevertheless, I won't complain if Myung gets the girl.  After all, I'm into the story.   :wub:

BTW, it seems you're everywhere.  First time I saw your comment was in Couch Kimchi.  Lately I've been seeing you too in Koala's playground and Rebel Soul not to mention Electricground 'coz I'm just new there. :lol: 

- eoan -

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/sunNmoon/vod/?kind=image&progCode=1002657100038100000&pagesize=5&pagenum=1&cornerFlag=0&ContentTypeID=1&ProgramGroupID=0

preview of Episode 7.

Guest *lyrynne*

I totally screamed and flail! Omg! Thank you el_dia and azuwaza163 for the links!

I really can't wait for tomorrow's episode! I feel like it's been forever!

The tears that I shed last week became tears of joy (though I know what will happen)

Wahh I like the chemistry so far! And Han Gain's crying scene looks so heartbreaking.

V Hi there! I live in Korea too! OMG!! buddies! I usually just spazz alone when I'm watching and no one gets me huhu. Where are you? Seoul?

Guest shinhaku

I cannot watch the trailer on MBC website but thankfully someone posted it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfE3U4MRMyg. Can't wait for tomorrow to watch ep 7 on TV. I'm so lucky to be living in Korea to watch this as it airs. I wish I know Korean well enough so I can do live report on the eps for everyone :(

P/S: This is the first time that I keep rewatching the preview of a drama XD