I bumped into a Soompier on the subway once

Trungy

In Boston
I'm not sure if many of you guys remember.. I shared my story of "the subway admirer" in the Love and Relationship section months ago. The story had a lot of feedback, at which a Soompier had contacted me over AIM. I had shared my picture during that conversation, but we never went as far as that.

Months later (in late April), while I was riding the train to Park Street, the same girl had noticed me from Soompi because of my beard (oddly enough, it was my beard that she recognized). She stopped me on the side of the train and told me she remembered me from Soompi. Of course, I was shocked and speechless. How coincidental is it for someone to meet you online, and then bump into you offline?

It would have been nice to have continued to talk to her, but we were going our separate ways. Also, I told her to IM me, but the problem was that she probably didn't remember my screenname.

I thought it was appropriate that I post this here now that we get an entire section dedicated to the east coast. So if any one of you ever bumped into a Soompier on the T, hit me up a PM :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 말라카

Oh, I don't have a Ben Roethlisberger type of beard.. just something a tad longer than a 5 o'clock shadow.

picture please!

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

I bet i've seen you and other people here and not even known it

it's not likely. unless you live somewhere between brighton and cambridge, prolly not. i spend most of my time walking from brighton, walk past BU, then over the bridge to MIT. seriously, that's the easiest way to figure out who i am. lol. i'm always at MIT, playing DDR. xD

Guest litoxshortaii

some of my friends are on soompi and i dont evn know it. then they pm me and go "CAROLYN??!" and it's a party. ive also recognized random ppl i know frm like my friend's friend's friend or something. haha, small world.

aw, it's like a soompi missed connection... like on craigslist! but i'm not surprised. i don't even live in a major city, but i ran into little mixed girl and we recognized each other from our pics! and a couple other soompiers have claimed they've seen me on campus, but they could be wrong and i don't know what they look like.

maybe that girl will post her pics on 411 one day and you'll recognize her.

Guest Mrs.Lucifer
I bet i've seen you and other people here and not even known it
ditto haha. hm park st does have a long of people xp .well goodluck finding her :D

ditto haha. hm park st does have a long of people xp .well goodluck finding her :D

yea whenever I see an asian person staring at me while waiting for the riverside train at park street I wonder if I either look scary or if they recognize me from soompi =P

maybe both

Guest crackednut

good thing you met someone that you actually know somewhat

gosh there are so many strange people lurking around on the T...

:shudder:

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

good thing you met someone that you actually know somewhat

gosh there are so many strange people lurking around on the T...

:shudder:

lol, i accidentally met you cuz you were lurking around the ddr machine at MIT, and we were taking those stupid summer programs, lol. :)

Archived