explaining why girls wear make up.

Guest Jeanyy

Out of all my friends I am the only one who doesn't wear make up. Actually my make up wearing is restricted to weddings, birthdays and special occasions.

So when I asked my friends why I needed to wear make up. They said because it makes a person feel fresh, confident and great about themselves so they can take on the world.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like girls who dont wear make-up and when they do i dont mind but seeing a girl without makeup and then put on make up later gets a girl a compliment 

Guest heartofarose

I wear makeup because i want to.I like to present myself well when meeting others or just when I'm by myself.It makes me feel better about myself & it's fun to do!I really don't see what's wrong with it.

Guest Mentor

esapele said: Out of all my friends I am the only one who doesn't wear make up. Actually my make up wearing is restricted to weddings, birthdays and special occasions.

So when I asked my friends why I needed to wear make up. They said because it makes a person feel fresh, confident and great about themselves so they can take on the world.

Guest lilgangwolf

I don't wear makeup that often. And when I don't, I am constantly getting comments about how tired I look, or questions about whether I am sick. I constantly hear the same comments towards my coworkers when they aren't wearing makeup either.
So even if i wish I could say i wasn't pressured to do it, there is that thought in the back of my head that I should put some eyeliner on or not people are going to think I am sick/tired.

• 5 months later...
Guest ladyboutique

Its just a personal preference. It makes US feel good about OURSELVES Its like guys who spends hundreds of dollars on jordans or only going to the SAME barber every week. The next time he asks you " why are you putting on makeup? who are you trying to look good for?" Reply back " MYSELF! BYE!"

Mentor said: How does it make one confident? What can they do with makeup that they couldn't do before? So masking your imperfections makes you feel great? It's kind of like taking a drug isn't it. Can you say the same thing applies to men ? If so, then why don't we promote it among them?

Guest cristolephe

For an interview, I'd say it's about looking professional. Imo guys should do their hair for interviews, or at least comb it well. For everyday stuff, it's very similar to why guys do their hair and why people buy nice clothes. It's to feel special. Besides, I'd rather look attractive than plain sometimes. Other times the opposite. It's not really a big deal unless you really make it into one. Though I advise you not to directly ask women irl this question, some may take offense unless you know em.

I wear make up because it does boost my confidence, makes me look pretty hahah. 
I dont wear it on a daily basis, because of work and school. I choose sleep over make up any day. I only wear them on weekends, birthdays, parties and weddings. 

Guest Mentor

zantac_2 said: Mentor said: How does it make one confident? What can they do with makeup that they couldn't do before? So masking your imperfections makes you feel great? It's kind of like taking a drug isn't it. Can you say the same thing applies to men ? If so, then why don't we promote it among them?

Guest cristolephe

I don't think it's a really big deal. I mean, we're not clearing forests or anything. Putting on makeup or not putting makeup, yolo, do what you want.

Mentor said:     I'm talking about drugs in the context of their ability to mask one's impefections to make one seem to be in good condition. Let's take even a legal drug like pain killers. If you body has an injury ,tissues are destroyed (imperfection) and the body tries to repair them. So to mask the pain and keep us from crying out or even get some sleep (perfection) we take a drug that gives others the impression that nothings wrong. Make up isn't psychological nor perfumes anymore than a mask is. When you wear a mask, everybody knows you're wearing a mask so there's no psychological affect there. Who do you think developed make up? It was the men! Not only did they develop it but ancient Egyptian men wore it as well.
  Lastly , a ritual might give confidence like the rites of passage, but an object doesn't. A ritual requires people to conduct certain actions that build confidence. A mask doesn't possess any magical qualities that it passes to it's wearer.

Guest HERMIT

I once came across this lady in the restaurant that had lots of makeup on her face. I mean, we're talking loads.
My curiosity got the best of me so I approached her and straight up asked her why she felt she had to put on so much make up.
She didn't say a word - but instead, she made me a balloon animal and repeatedly honked this stupid horn in my face.
Man, I don't know why I eat at Chuck E. Cheese. There's so many idiots there, I swear.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Make up is there to enhance features of ones appearance and helps the person look presentable in front of a specific group they're trying to be accepted/approved by whether it be to appear as a certain way or just to be deemed attractive. The hair styling analogy you presented is pretty much spot on as to why people wear make up. 
I wear make up and any time a guy tells me, "Guys don't like girls that wear make up because..." then I just ignore them because they're stating things they don't like as what ever man thinks in general. Pfft, every guy I've been with had no problem with me wearing make up. 

Archived