50 things you can learn from a Korean drama.

Guest heygingersnap

Guest sWeEteSt.eTeRNiiTy

hahha i read this list before but rereading it again, it still cracks me up. so true..so truee. :D

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yoojinkim

that was sooo funny! hahahahahah!! i'll be reading it again and maybe make my own too!! hahah!!

Guest moon_girl

haha so true... and one thing i noticed in some dramas, they have these "contract" thing going on every time..

Guest YunHo_TVfXQ

hahaha..Good One!!! esp the part if they dont want to pick up the fone, they just pull out the battery(i wonder why?) and ya..dey can make u-turn evrywhere(lik they own the road!!)!! evry bit of it is soo funny!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TDKSJ

Judging from things on the list....i bet you watched MY LOVELY SAM SOON ^^ haha :D and all the things you wrote are just so freakin true :)

44) You'll get pregnant the first time you have sex.

45) You'll get pregnant if he kisses you on the forehead.

46) Hell- you'll get pregnant if you hold hands.

this was HILARIOUS XD

47) If you overcome great obstacles to be together, one of you must die. Probably due to cancer.

haha XD i was LOLing esp the PROBABLY DUE TO CANCER part XD haha :)

Guest zacey

5) You're allowed to make uturns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u turn to.

7) Everyone has cancer.

14) Women sleep and wake up with a full set of makeup on.

25) Even if you're poor and can't eat, you never wear the same clothes twice.

29) If you don't want to answer your phone, you can't just turn it off. The battery needs to be taken out.

41) There are only 2 ways to kiss. You either press your lips against theirs with your mouth completely shut, and just press away for a very long and uncomfortable time. OR you devour the other person and suck out their soul. In both instances, the world spins.

50) If you study in the states (perferably Harvard), you are one of the top students and can speak perfect English (as assumed by the reactions of those around you). Why the rest of the world OUTSIDE of the TV can't understand a single word uttered out of your melodramatic mouth is beyond me.

:lol::lol::lol:

classics... i can immediately name a few serials which have these elements... hahaha... well done!!

• 4 months later...
Guest yooboo710

May I add?

-They do love to eat leftover rice and over-ripened kimchi (kimchi rice) whenever they do have love problems

-Incheon Airport is overused in Korean Dramas... hehehe and other airports there...

:D

Guest kinomichan

31) If you're in a relationship, you must at one point leave and have your lover tearfully come RIGHT before you board the plane (vice versa applies as well. You can be the chaser). 60% of the time you see each other, the other 40% you're roaming around in circles and pass each other about six times, but miraculously never see them.

credit: inbi & sexybi

haha. true. but this also applies to other countries drama.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bujhitapexoxa89

hahaha really thanks for those things heheh almost all i saw in some dramas

yeahhh you know is not reality so they can do everything they want

lol i want some of those things happen to me

• 10 months later...
Guest rainbowartist

Good observation.

Uturns, sleeping with makeup on, poor with different clothes, sunglasses inside the airplane, one lover leaving and other follows, taking out batteries, and fighting gangsters are so true.

Has anyone mentioned "amnesia"? There's always some kind of temporary memory lost in many different ways:

- Hit by a car, lost memory, get hit again (by car or by human), gain back memory (Winter Sonata, Queen of Game)

- Get hit and lost memory. Gain back memory but doesn't remember the past year (Save The Last Dance For Me)

- Some dramatic event happened which causes memory lost, then eventually gain back (Women in The Sun, Iljimae)

... and many more

• 3 months later...
Guest mz simmonz

LOL all the ones that relate to cancer, nosebleeds, IV, and hospitals ARE SOOOO TRUE! hahah.

oh, and I just noticed this one this year:

35) Guys always look like they're 6 feet tall, even if they're only 5'10. Thank you camera angles.

that this one is true too! I saw a few movies/dramas where the girl looks like a child compared to the guy..like she barely reaches past his shoulders and I'm thinking "jeez so they only like to cast super short women and super tall guys?" but then I'll look up the heights of the male/female leads and there isn't thaaat drastic of a height difference between them and even if the websites gave false info, I will see promo pics or watch interviews of the leads and even w/ the female not wearing heels she is not that much shorter or smaller than the guy.

• 1 month later...
Guest ritzchelle

hahahaha...i never notice this..because i'm soo into the stories....

hahaha..now that you mentioned it...it all seems true....hahaha

..thanks for this..very observant..

• 3 years later...

My eyes almost popped out reading this I laughed so hard and so much. It is all true!!. My favorite is the fight scenario in a dusty warehouse...

And don't leave out the ever present fainting spell most popular with grandmas moms and wives at the mention of even the slightest of bad news and as quick to occur as clearing one's throat and always treated with an IV.

Woah.....daebak, it's so true and funny especially the U-turn and kiss scene part. And also the female lead always fall in love with the bad guy while the good guy doesn't get anything :)) :))

• 4 weeks later...

Archived