Limits on Starting New Topics

odaesan

I think we need it.
I think there should be a limit to one new thread topic per person and it should be 1-2 (2 for those who start a good topic and maybe need urgent help on another topic). Someone keeps making useless threads/troll threads that are three or four at a time. People who get banned come back here and they do it again after making a few more troll posts to be able to post a new thread.

I think there should be a limit to one new thread topic per person and it should be 1-2 (2 for those who start a good topic and maybe need urgent help on another topic). Someone keeps making useless threads/troll threads that are three or four at a time. People who get banned come back here and they do it again after making a few more troll posts to be able to post a new thread.

Hi,

If we were to limit the number of topics to only 1 or 2, how could you expect a person to participate actively on the forum? For example, what if I wrote a fanfic (there goes 1 thread!), wanted to sell something (there goes another!) and had a love&relationship question (aww, but only 2 threads were allowed).

I think Soompi has wonderful general rules, and as long as the member does not break them (eg. In GENERAL DISCUSSION, no random threads/rants/goodbye threads), there's nothing wrong with posting new topics and having other members participate. It's great for the Soompi community to have more interaction.

Secondly, if you're worried about your fav. topics being pushed back by the new threads, use the "WATCH THIS THREAD" option. Again, only if you're worried :)

And all in all, if you see someone trolling or breaking the rules, use the report button! I've been around since '05 (and even longer before that big crash) and our mods do a wonderful job at adhering to the rules and warning people who don't! If I remember correctly, repeated offenses can result in an IP ban :)

^_^

Why is Samud still here making accounts every week to troll people after repeated trolling on his main account?

Oh, but sure, let him actively participate (troll).

Participation is not limited on starting threads. One can participate by posting in existing threads.

• 1 year later...
Guest knockblock

I think limits on starting new topics should be put into consideration.

Why does it seem like one person is taking up portions of space in a section with their threads?

Archived