Acer laptop makes beeping noise when I plug in the power cord

Guest psquare6806

Guest psquare6806

I recently got a new laptop, Acer Aspire 5253-BZ493 with Windows 7. Everything about it is fine, except whenever I plugin the power cord it makes a single beeping noise. I called tech support and they said it's normal for the laptop to make that sound but they wouldn't tell me how to turn it off unless I paid for a subscription support warranty thing. Any ideas?

If you right click the desktop and pick personalize from the right menu bar it will open the "Personalization" setting.

On the bottom of the window there is a shortcut labeled sounds where you can change the sound effects or turn them off in the sound effects program.

Guest IonNuke

I recently got a new laptop, Acer Aspire 5253-BZ493 with Windows 7. Everything about it is fine, except whenever I plugin the power cord it makes a single beeping noise. I called tech support and they said it's normal for the laptop to make that sound but they wouldn't tell me how to turn it off unless I paid for a subscription support warranty thing. Any ideas?

The beep noise you're talking about is when you plug in or unplug the power cord it beeps at you???

I know the Acer Timeline X, Aspire 5517, Emachine E525, 625, 725 and Gateway NV53A61u, NV54A63u units will all do that when you unplug the cord it will beep at you as well as plugging it in. I think it's a way for the hardware notify that there is a stream of 19v AC coming through to recharge the battery or that you will be powering off the ACA instead of on battery power.

If you right click the desktop and pick personalize from the right menu bar it will open the "Personalization" setting.

On the bottom of the window there is a shortcut labeled sounds where you can change the sound effects or turn them off in the sound effects program.

I think the beep noise the OP is referring to is hardware. Has nothing to do with software.

I think the beep noise the OP is referring to is hardware. Has nothing to do with software.

I have a HP laptop which used to beep when pressing on the multimedia buttons like play, pause, stop, volume. I turned off the beep by going into my BIOS/CMOS control panel during computer start up to disable the sound I think.

Archived