The 47th Annual BaekSang Arts Awards (47회 백상예술대상)

bsa11_ysy3.jpgbsa11_ysy2.jpgbsa11_ysy1.jpg

Dramabeans comments for YSY is so funny, gosh he's on a guyliner that makes him too pretty!!!:

Oy, Yoon Shi-yoon, Mr. Baker King himself! Hey, I’m not against a little manly application of the guyliner…but he appears to have gone whole hog with the liner and the smoky eyeshadow. And here I thought he already looked pretty enough before he curled his hair and slapped on the makeup.

htm_20110526223028c000c010-004.jpg

With Yong Hwa and Park Shin Ye...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 27, 2011

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

2011052700341_0.jpg

Actors Ryu Si-won (left) and Kim A-joong pose at the 2011 Paeksang Arts Awards, which they hosted at Kyunghee University in Seoul on Thursday.

2011052700341_1.jpg

Park Min-young

2011052700341_2.jpg

Lee Min-jung

2011052700341_3.jpg

Nam Kyu-ri

2011052700341_4.jpg

Hwang Jung-eum

2011052700341_5.jpg

Kim Nam-joo

2011052700341_6.jpg

Moon Geun-young

2011052700341_7.jpg

Jo Yeo-jeong

2011052700341_8.jpg

Seo Young-hee

2011052700341_9.jpg

Tang Wei

2011052700341_10.jpg

Yoo In-na

2011052700341_11.jpg

Ko Hyun-jung

2011052700341_12.jpg

Hong Soo-ah

2011052700341_13.jpg

Min Hyo-rin

2011052700341_14.jpg

Jo Ahn

2011052700341_15.jpg

Choi Seung-hyun

2011052700341_16.jpg

Kim Soo-hyun

2011052700341_17.jpg

Micky

2011052700341_18.jpg

Lee Byung-hun

2011052700341_19.jpg

Song Joong-ki

2011052700341_20.jpg

From left, Ok Taek-yeon, Soo-ji and Park Jin-young

Guest SweetSerein

I'm really shock that yoo shi yoon didn't win. His acting was amazing in baker king and it was such a great drama. Hyun bin's acting was really good too in secret garden. I really like that drama too...but congrats to hyun bin and all the winners. Wished park Ming Jung had won because she did really well in ssk scandal along with cutie joongki and micky.

I'm really shock that yoo shi yoon didn't win. His acting was amazing in baker king and it was such a great drama. Hyun bin's acting was really good too in secret garden. I really like that drama too...but congrats to hyun bin and all the winners. Wished park Ming Jung had won because she did really well in ssk scandal along with cutie joongki and micky.

Yeah I am sad that YSY did not win but looking at the brighter side, it's good that he was nominated along with the acting heavyweights despite of debuting just last year. Some great acting of the past wasn't even recognized through a nomination in the Baeksang Art Awards... Citing for example is Lee Jung Ki from Iljimae and especially Kim Ji Soo in Women in the Sun who is equally amazing as what YSY as shown in the Baker King... But oh well, my YSY can't have it all... it's good that his TV drama is currently the 4th highest rated drama for the past 10 years and the highest rated drama for the past 10 years in the KBS network... It seems Park Shin Hye and YSY are pretty close, another picture of them but not in the Baeksang this time:

2011052515392523580_162244_0.jpg

Good Luck with YSY next drama, I heard it is co produced by China, Japan and Korea and features the success story of the real life CEO of the Bachelor's Vegetable Store... The subject matter of the drama is perhaps a wide audience material again, crossing fingers :)

Guest chancy426

How was the awarding decided for this award? Is it one of those awards all based by votes or is there judges involve? Anyone care to elaborate me on this? I saw that there was an international voting for this award, not sure if it's the exact same, but they were charging $4.99 for 10 votes? Is most awards like this? and it says you can spend up to like $300 ($299.40) on votes. This is not very fair if it were all based on votes. This makes it seems like who has the richer of the audiences (the fans willing to fork up money for their win) and the poorer audiences (the ones who don't have much allowances). Considering you can buy more than 10 votes, I don't believe they make you spread it as in each actor/actress/drama only gets one vote from you, but rather you can "bet" your whole 10 votes or however many you are willing to buy to one individual. It seems like one of those cash in dedicated fan programs. 

Guest chancy426

How was the awarding decided for this award? Is it one of those awards all based by votes or is there judges involve? Anyone care to elaborate me on this? I saw that there was an international voting for this award, not sure if it's the exact same, but they were charging $4.99 for 10 votes? Is most awards like this? and it says you can spend up to like $300 ($299.40) on votes. This is not very fair if it were all based on votes. This makes it seems like who has the richer of the audiences (the fans willing to fork up money for their win) and the poorer audiences (the ones who don't have much allowances). Considering you can buy more than 10 votes, I don't believe they make you spread it as in each actor/actress/drama only gets one vote from you, but rather you can "bet" your whole 10 votes or however many you are willing to buy to one individual. It seems like one of those cash in dedicated fan programs. You can literally buy anyone an award. But doesn't it suck for the fans who spent their hundreds of dollars and lost? I'm supposing idol star actors/actresses has more fans who are willing to do this and they aren't new to this either. I think this is unfair to the professional actors/actresses. If you look at the results, the first and 2nd place for some awards is like 50% vs 30%. I'm taking this from Park Yoochun vs Kim Hyun Joong, I'm not saying that this was the case and definitely the former's acting and debut role was much stronger than the later, but this whole voting system is degrading. Maybe the winners did win justly, but it doesn't make you doubt that it was based on the unfair voting system.

May 29, 2011

Hyun Bin, Lee Byung-hun win Paeksang awards

By Park Min-young (claire@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

Actors Hyun Bin and Lee Byung-hun won the top prize at the 2011 Paeksang Arts Awards on Thursday at Kyung Hee University in Hoegi-dong, eastern Seoul.

Heartthrob Hyun was awarded the grand prize in the TV category for his role in the hit SBS TV series “Secret Garden.” Hyun became one of the nation’s most popular actors after he played the main character, an obnoxious but cute department store owner, in the drama.

20110529000317_0.jpg

(Right) Hyun Bin poses during a premiere of movie “Late Autumn” in February. (Yonhap News)

(Left) Lee Byung-hun poses during the Paeksang Arts Awards ceremony Thursday. (Yonhap News)

Nominating him for the the grand prize, the awards show aired a video message from Hyun at his military camp in Baekryeong Island. The actor could not make it to the awards because he is currently undergoing his military service. He joined the Marine Corps in March.

“I am so happy to be one of the nominees along with great actors. Though I cannot be there right now, I wish today will be a successful day for our staff and actors,” said Hyun in the video.

“I am at Baekryeong Island, the northernmost area. I will carry out my duties faithfully here in the northwestern region, and will be faithful to our people and the Marine Corps,” he added.

Lee took home the grand prize with the movie “I Saw the Devil” which was released last year. He starred as a vengeful agent at the National Intelligence Service.

“Thank you for giving this prize to me, who is not even tall,” said Lee, jokingly.

“Choi Min-sik, who taught me what kind of energy actors can show, is who first comes to my mind. I ascribe this honor to director Kim Ji-woon who gave me advice as a friend and as an enemy, and all the staff and actors,” he said.

Lee will be leaving for the U.S. for the shooting of the sequel of the movie “G.I. Joe” which opened 2009. Lee, who will be continuing his role of Storm Shadow, said that he wanted to “show them that Asian actors can do more than do nice kicks.”

The Best Actor and Actress awards for the movie category went to Ha Jeong-woo of the film “The Yellow Sea” and to Chinese actress Tang Wei of “Late Autumn.” In the TV category, the prizes went to actor Jeong Bo-seok of the SBS TV series “Giant” and actress Han Hyo-joo of MBC’s “Dongyi.”

Guest nabi

How was the awarding decided for this award? Is it one of those awards all based by votes or is there judges involve? Anyone care to elaborate me on this? I saw that there was an international voting for this award, not sure if it's the exact same, but they were charging $4.99 for 10 votes? Is most awards like this? and it says you can spend up to like $300 ($299.40) on votes. This is not very fair if it were all based on votes. This makes it seems like who has the richer of the audiences (the fans willing to fork up money for their win) and the poorer audiences (the ones who don't have much allowances). Considering you can buy more than 10 votes, I don't believe they make you spread it as in each actor/actress/drama only gets one vote from you, but rather you can "bet" your whole 10 votes or however many you are willing to buy to one individual. It seems like one of those cash in dedicated fan programs. You can literally buy anyone an award. But doesn't it suck for the fans who spent their hundreds of dollars and lost? I'm supposing idol star actors/actresses has more fans who are willing to do this and they aren't new to this either. I think this is unfair to the professional actors/actresses. If you look at the results, the first and 2nd place for some awards is like 50% vs 30%. I'm taking this from Park Yoochun vs Kim Hyun Joong, I'm not saying that this was the case and definitely the former's acting and debut role was much stronger than the later, but this whole voting system is degrading. Maybe the winners did win justly, but it doesn't make you doubt that it was based on the unfair voting system.

ONLY the popularity award is based on fan voting, which fans do have to pay for to cast their vote.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived