[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest shindae21

perhaps I expected too much in the ending. It was rushed. It leaves so many questions because audience is very confused.

After reading all your comments, majority are not satisfied with the ending. Although, I haven't watch the last 2 episodes because I want to view first all your comments but unfortunately almost everybody is sad about the ending.

Guest bashful

I did not see the ending yet..........but I knew it would be like this...anyways I did not have high hope in it anyways. SO NN and YS does not end up

((( Episodes 01-19 )))

"City Hunter (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ City Hunter Team @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter

Softsubs Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter/posts/7777-city-hunter-2011-viki-softsubs

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The RAW video files are also in folders on file hosting services...

MU Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel -|- 720p-HanSun

FS Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel -|- 720p-HanSun

The softsub links will be in folders on file hosts...

MegaUpload Folder | FileServe Folder | MediaFire Folder

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

SWTCH.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E03.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E04.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E05.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E06.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E07.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E08.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E09.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E10.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

Thanks to omgsun for covering for Ahoxan for this week. :)

SWTCH.E11.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E12.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E13.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E14.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E15.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E16.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E17.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E18.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E19.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

SWTCH.E19.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.vf.srt ((( new )))

NOTE:

"ViKi.vf.srt" version contains post-release edits.

ViKi Softsubs synced to 720p-HanSun by BaekSoo are in Softsubs Folders.

i can't believe the drama is over, it has been a wonderful journey. i am glad to read that i am not the only person bawling my eyes from the JP-YS ending scene. i debated whether or not i wanted JP to die, but after watching the father-and-son bond at the end, i just can't bring myself from holding my tears. i felt bad for both sides, especially YS - watching the person, whom raised him like a father, and JP got the justice that his fellow friends deserved at the end. i am happy to know that JP wasn't so heartless after all, cuz in a way he did help raise YS like his own son along with his selfish purposes, of course.

there are some hanging moments at the end... some questions i had in mind are.... is YS gonna continue to be the CH??? and did the president suffer the consequences as well??? did YS re-establish with the president as his real father???

i can't wait for the subs to come out... CH is one of the better dramas this year and LMH really improved.. especially compared to his BOF days. I hope CH grabs some awards at the end of the year, i particularly want LMH and JP's character (sorry... don't know his real name) to win an award

Guest show2007

Now the drama is over and I like it and am wishing for City Hunter 2. If not, I find it is a waste to purchase the manga's copyright? I don't see a need to purchase the copyright at all. They do not follow the manga a bit, they only follow the concept. Is not like that I do not like it, but if they are not going to follow the manga, why bother to call it City Hunter and purchased the copyright? The script itself is a great action, thriller and romance story already. I have to say, my tear shredding system was "on" since ep. 19 all the way to the final. The ending give us a lot of rooms for "imagination" and in general it is a good ending. I just wish that they could extend "one" more just one more episode and give us further explanation and at least show us sthg. like YS become a city hunter and NN become his assistance (based on the manga).

I think the ending sucked big time, cause these few episodes didn't focus on YS-NN relationship. I know this drama is more of an action-thriller, but I was hooked on the earlier episodes and skimmed through the last episodes, cause I'm not into action thrillers all that much. Anyone on the same boat as me?

Guest bashful

finally saw the ending eps...like I said they should have extended it for 2 more eps........NN and YS did not really end up at least they should have ended where they stare eye to eyes but no they added the scene where YS drives in his car alone and NN is not next to him.. Makes no sense because he said after everything is over he will come to her and she waited for him. I hope they will make a part 2 with LMH and PMY as leads.... This ending is crazy and NN and YS ending sucks.....Like in YS dreams he saw NN and him laying in the floor but instead it was his fake father and him. I see why this drama will not break 20%....It makes no sense. fury.gif ..I feel so sad catching it for this long...I am happy that NN and YS was a live but no more scenes of them getting back together...I really think they could have talked about NN father waking up....anyways lucky I did not have not expectations from this drama because it is a k-drama after all....just wanted to see more of NN and YS..... tears.gif

I'm happy YS didn't die~ XD Who knows, NN and YS may live happily ever after, the life YS wanted with a family and all. I don't know why people think YS is dead. He didn't seem like a "dream" or fake in any way when NN saw him. I think they showed him driving his car, just to end the drama "cooly". sweatingbullets.gif

finally saw the ending eps...like I said they should have extended it for 2 more eps........NN and YS did not really end up at least they should have ended where they stare eye to eyes  but no they added the scene where YS drives in his car alone and NN is not next to him.. Makes no sense because he said after everything is over he will come to her and she waited for him. I hope they will make a part 2 with LMH and PMY as leads....  This ending is crazy and NN and YS ending sucks.....Like in YS dreams he saw NN and him laying in the floor but instead it was his fake father and him. I see why this drama will not break 20%....It makes no sense. fury.gif ..I feel so sad catching it for this long...I am happy that  NN and YS was a live but no more scenes of them getting back together...I really think they could have talked about NN father waking up....anyways lucky I did not have not expectations from this drama because it is a k-drama after all....just wanted to see more of NN and YS..... tears.gif

^ Tbh, I don't agree that the ending sucked. If we were to extend 2 more episodes of CH, I doubt it will even break the 20% mark, because it will get boring (the action ended, more interaction between YS and NN will be pure fan service). Sure, I would love an ending where we can see YS and NN together, but this ending is an open ending, and we DO KNOW that they are both together now. Also, I believe someone mentioned NN's father is dead. 

Try watching IRIS, I liked it but the romance killed the drama for me, the ending was even more confusing. 

^ Tbh, I don't agree that the ending sucked. If we were to extend 2 more episodes of CH, I doubt it will even break the 20% mark, because it will get boring (the action ended, more interaction between YS and NN will be pure fan service). Sure, I would love an ending where we can see YS and NN together, but this ending is an open ending, and we DO KNOW that they are both together now. Also, I believe someone mentioned NN's father is dead. 

Try watching IRIS, I liked it but the romance killed the drama for me, the ending was even more confusing. 

I feel the same as you (about this drama and IRIS). Everything was wrapped up very neatly at the end. Plus, if there were more lovey-dovey scenes added between YS and NN we KNOW they wouldn't be up to our expectations or our imaginations, so it's better left open. We know they're together, now fans can come up with fan-fics to their hearts content!

I have calmed down a bit and come to add to my previous goodbye post...

Kudos to the writer who knew where she wanted to go when she started the story! The drama is flawed, no doubt, but she had direction. I am glad that the writer and director stuck to their guns.

In a thriller like this, it is important that you know the end before you start. Because you have to connect the dots, unveil the secrets, and push for the emotional impact. And our City Hunter writer knew what she wanted.

Case in point:

-Leaving Kim Jong Shik alive made the impact of Young Ju's death even more poignant. What greater punishment to survive your child, a child who protected and loved the law that you betrayed. The child who died because of your mistakes. THE SON WHO ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS IN YOUR STEAD WHILE HE WAS BLEEDING HIS HEAD OUT. When Kim Jong Shik woke up from his coma at the same time as his son's death, I was more devastated by Young Ju's death.

I also want to thank the writer for bringing Jinpyo and Yoon Sung together in the end. That the main angst was from this relationship and NOT centered around "blood." We didn't dwell in the deep and dark pool of "blood" father kdrama angst, even in the last episode.

I think the final episode hit me more because I live in the US and right now there is so much BS going on in congress, with people who are supposed to represent the citizens of this country. And it was awful to see in City Hunter, all those parliament representatives takes bribes and calculate what is it in only for them. And I loved watching the City Hunter fight for the people.

And this drama made me think, left me with a question. President Choi wasn't "clean" because he believed in a greater good. He wanted to help thousands, millions of people so he took bribes, and made bribes. And he made the decision to kill those 20 soldiers for the greater good.

So...can we do evil for the greater good? Is the result more important than the process?

The City Hunter's answer was no, that even more the greater good that will help millions of people, you can't sacrifice justice, values, and morals along the way.

But can we get anything done in this world for the greater good without sacrificing some values and morals along the way?

I don't know.

But this drama was certainly about people who stuck to their guns. Young Ju stuck to the law. Nana refused to be brought down by her hard life and even though she almost died and Yoon Sung kept telling her off, Nana believed in herself and in her love. Yoon Sung, despite everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, pursued the proper path of justice.

I love courageous people and these three all had balls/ovaries of steel.

BTW, when are they going to release the full instrumental OST?!?! They have released the special ost for vocal songs but we are still missing some instrumental songs!!! I want!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm watching epi 19 with subs (Thanks ViKi!) and at 9:21 the scene where YS meets YJ [at his office] is shot to show them towering over it all is great camera work.  They look like giants...:wub:  *sniffles*  I'm going to miss this drama.

Guest webby

Episode 20 --- July 28, 2011

AGN Nielsen

city hunter 18(nationwide)/20(seoul)

princess' man 9.8/11.2

TNmS

city hunter 19.1(nationwide)/20.6(seoul)

princess' man 10.4/12.2

Guest fossilgirl

i saw the ending part raw.. and i really am confused? can anybody tell me where Nana is going when Yoonsung saw him? why does she have a luggage?

anyway, despite all the confusion, i love this drama.. it might have its flaws but i think this is one of the best dramas i have seen in a while.. it's script was well thought of and each one of the actors portrayed their roles in such a way that made me think that it was real.. now it would be hard for me to see Lee hyun juk as anyone other than the righteous prosecutor.. i think that if i see him smiling and laughing in some other shows in the future, i will be shocked.. haha..

congrats to City Hunter, they went out with a bang... 20+ ratings!!! :wub:

Guest samgirl

I watched the raw although i was quite satisfied with the ending it left me wanting more. Like some affectin between Nana and YS , the ring did he give it to her? If he didnt why bring it up in the first place to completely be written off in the end?

And who let CJM escape? At least the bullet necklace has its closure Pfftttt!

Guest boraah

Now the drama is over and I like it and am wishing for City Hunter 2. If not, I find it is a waste to purchase the manga's copyright? I don't see a need to purchase the copyright at all. They do not follow the manga a bit, they only follow the concept. Is not like that I do not like it, but if they are not going to follow the manga, why bother to call it City Hunter and purchased the copyright? The script itself is a great action, thriller and romance story already. I have to say, my tear shredding system was "on" since ep. 19 all the way to the final. The ending give us a lot of rooms for "imagination" and in general it is a good ending. I just wish that they could extend "one" more just one more episode and give us further explanation and at least show us sthg. like YS become a city hunter and NN become his assistance (based on the manga).

In the manga, YS had a incident where his partner died due to his step dad. This sorta happened here in the last two episodes. I think this was the orgin story for City Hunter. If there is a sequel then I believe that YS will become a private detective (City Hunter) and NN will return to become his personal assistant.