[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest silent_regrets

I dont want City Hunter to end!!! Now who am i going to drool over on wed and thur?

And what am going to watch every wed and thurs? :'(

sad.gif

OMG ep 19 ;_______________________; INTENSE.ohmy.gifohmy.gif  I'm pouring down bucketloads here lol

YS would have came in time to save him but he texted him about the secret document :(((((((((((((((((( 

But that was the best death scene I have ever watched......... It looked and felt so real. That scene was awesome. Props to actor Lee Jun Hyuk!! That was so good @_@

The fights and action scenes were ....I can't even! @_@ haha ph34r.gif Lee Min Ho was wowow at the car junkyard scene! So cool.

omg at what he said the Yoon Sung at the end!  :((((((( YJ :( 

KYJ and YS are very similar to each other, but I hope they do not end the same way. :((((((((((((((((((((((

Although I wish there were more KNN and YS interactions, I now understand that there really wasn't time. All the characters were so busy 

KNN&YS ❤ always. Even if they don't have a happy ending i'll just have to imagine it :(

YS and YJ were getting better with each other and then 20 mins later he's gone!! :(:(

Ahhhh this drama is ending tonight !!!! tears.giftears.giftears.giftears.giftears.gif More tears will pour down later tears.giftears.gif

Now time to watch some melodrama...heartstrings maybe it will cheer me up a little kekesad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Guest crazypilovee

CH will be over in a few hours... aww im sooooo sad T^T

i've always tried to understand JP's blood thirsty greed for revenge, but that was just too much... it's all his fault that YJ, an innocent person, died. he succeeded in ruining the lives of TWO sons of the Group of 5. woohoo isn't he happy. i wonder if he'll feel bad at all or not when YS confronts him about it...

but anyway, this dramatic turn of events does have its advantages as some mentioned, that YS/NN will prolly be safe & YS can keep on being CH & fight for YJ's sake too.

can we PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE have some YS/NN SCENES for the last episode!?!? some really happy, sweet scenes that involve lots of kissing!? i know the mood doesn't fit for it now but maybe when it's all over... we can get at least 10 mins of romance!? is that too much to ask? >O< please don't disappointment us....!

Guest Dipyramidal

Really sad that YJ was killed, but I had a feeling he would be dead by the series' end...

There better be lots and lots of YS/NN scenes tomorrow.

I'm hoping for 2 kiss scenes, a bed scene, and yarrr~ But I highly doubt that'll happen because we have a lot of stuff to wrap up in just one episode!

LOVE YA HUNTERS :)

Guest saladyum

I think with YJ gone today, the best I hope for is both of them alive! The last scene would be they both came to hear the bell, standing from two different spots and think about each other and of the past events! Even with that, I will be happy!

OMG, I cannot believe how the ending scene has affected me! I never ever believe a drama could affect me this much! LJH plays the ending scene so well... oh his eyes... they will be with me in my dream tonight for sure...

Sorry to cut your post short. Ep 19's ending got me too. That was so sad.

City Hunter is really one amazing show isn't it. Pretty, and glossy, and still feels real. And it keeps surprising us again and again.

I'm also hoping for a happy ending for Yoonsung and Nana. Because of all the obvious reasons, and also because I really want to have City Hunter DVD sets.

There is no YS-NN scene today, but the episode still feels satisfying for me. That they trust each other, and live for each other, it's so romantic.

I'm loving Nana more and more. What an awesome girl! In dramas, as also in real life, many times we've seen able people who are told to stay put, because that's the best thing for a specific situation. But these people usually overestimate their smart, or let their emotions overcome their reasoning, so they keep running around, causing troubles. Nana is nothing like that. Yoonsung tells her to wait, so she waits. She gives him the time and space that he needs. Nana should be worrying as hell, knowing exactly what Yoonsung is doing: spy, fight, hack, shoot, even smooch when that's needed,... But she doesn't intrude. She trusts him all the way. Gaaaahhh awesome girl!

I feel really bad for Saehee. First, her character seemed so incredibly likeable, but we barely got to see her. We saw less and less of her as the episodes went by. Then again, we saw less and less of Nana too, which sucks overall regarding female presence in the series.

And now they had to take YJ away from her. Oh so cruel...

HUNTER found new news at allkpop here

Actor Lee Jun Hyuk revealed how he felt about the ending of SBS’s ’City Hunter‘.

On July 28th, Lee Jun Hyuk revealed through his me2day, “My heart was filled with so much happiness for being able to live as Korea’s Prosecutor, ‘Kim Young Joo’. Please love and watch ‘City Hunter’ until the very end. Korea is alive. Also, although I, Kim Young Joo, will be leaving, I would like it if my character always lives in all your hearts. Thank you very much. I love you, everyone.”

Prosecutor really2 die tears.giftears.giftears.giftears.giftears.gif I don't want this drama goes end tears.giftears.giftears.giftears.gif

Guest quatrang

I feel really bad for Saehee.  First, her character seemed so incredibly likeable, but we barely got to see her.  We saw less and less of her as the episodes went by.  Then again, we saw less and less of Nana too, which sucks overall regarding female presence in the series.

And now they had to take YJ away from her.  Oh so cruel...

Yeah, there is the whole discussion also on DB blog on how the female characters were badly dealt with in CH. I do feel SH character is a waste, as she was so likeable and could play more important role, somehow they cut her out in the middle and only bring her back for the final goodbye with YJ. Maybe they did that to aggrevate the dramatic departure of YJ, but I think they could still achieve that effect if they build SH character more (like fleshout more her backstory and interactions). Nevertheless, I think NaNa and Mom did play integral roles in the CH's story, be his sin and drive! I don't believe NaNa and Mom is there just to create "pushes" but because the story is about CH, things were looked from his angle and therefore, they are just the second leads. But as characters, I am satisfied with how NaNa and Mom was written.

The leads in CH for me is YS and YJ, and finally we have the bromance in E19 and tears are in my eyes right now thinking how it is shortlived and how YJ was killed off. But YJ is one hell of a character to opposite YS, so contrast yet so similar!

Only one last episode to go and I hope for a good closure!

Damn tears.gif So YJ really is dead? I was hoping for the show to put him in coma too. tears.gif YJ, you will be missed. tears.gif

BTW, how in world are they going to tie up all the loose ends in just one episode? :blink: NN's dad, President-YS, President-KH, JP and his revenge. CJM and his plan, CJM's Lackey, and last but NOT the least, YS-NN happy ever after. :wub:

just finished ep19... omg... is that it??? YJ really died??? tears.giftears.gif poor sae hee... they just made promise to get back together again...

i still can't believe YJ is dead.. no i don't want to believe it.. i pray hard that he'll be alive...

I am in a rush going home from my review center to my dorm, and I've seen a computer cafe and rented out a computer..

I read ep 19's recap at DB,,, and oh my gosh!!!

I CRIED!!!! I CRIED!!!! I CRIED!!!!

why on earth did they KILL the RIGHTFUL YJ!!!! why!!! WHY!!!!

:'(

I am not mad to the writer but I am so SAD in that scene,,,

I am just reading recaos since I am so busy, and yet,

I CRIED!!!

anyway hunters,

I REALLY MISS ALL OF YOU and this thread!!!

my 1st preboard is on saturday and sunday,,,

Hope all goes well

and by monday, I think I can watch ep 17 to 20 at one sit!

waahh!!! CH THE BEST!!!

--otchosais! :)

Guest eriri

I think ep 19 stirred the most of emotions out of me so far - out of all CH episodes. While in the first half of the drama, I was mostly excited to see YS and NN relationship unfold, what worked for me in the second half was the dynamic between YS/JP/YJ. While YS/JP relationship was interesting from the beginning, I only became interested in YJ when his father became YS's target no. 3. Before that, he was just...kind of boring. Good looking, but rather boring. I can't really tell when he turned the switch on for me, but I can say that he did, and that he became one of my favorite characters in this show.

As many of you pointed out, the slow-motion scene at the hospital, when YJ promised SH to come back, was foreshadowing something bad. I clearly knew something was coming. I feared it will be the end of him. Still, somewhere in the back of my mind I hoped it wouldn't mean death. This show failed to kill anyone up until now (well apart from MY in the first episode), why should it work this time?

I was fighting the tears each time YJ got up again to fight CJM's evil mob gang. I was fighting the tears when he messaged YS (why they let him type a message in the middle of the fight is beyond me though) the book's whereabouts, thus sealing his fate. When he stood up ONCE AGAIN, all bloody and weak, holding onto CJM, I was screaming in my head : "why did you get up? WHY don't you lie still, 'till someone comes to help you? WHY WHY WHY??". I couldn't stop my tears anymore, when that iron pipe came sailing down, hitting him with a full blow. When all that blood ran down his head and he collapsed. All the time I was praying for YS to be faster, to find that book faster, to go help YJ. When YS finally arrived it was too late. The moment I saw his body movement even that tiny little bit of hope I still had about YJ surviving all this was gone. This wasn't the first time I had tears in my eyes during a CH episode, but I can say it was the first time where I actually cried. Genuinely. I felt just devastated, I guess because I really didn't expect this to happen.

While in the first half of yesterday's episode I felt some disappointment concerning YS/NN relationship, all of that was forgotten and gone by the end of the episode. Frankly, I don't even care for any fluffy light-hearted interaction between them anymore (wouldn't be fitting now, would it?). Currently, I just want someone to go chop off CJM's head, because I came to detest him that much.

I'm still wishing for YS and NN to find their happy ending, though. I wish for the show to be able to wrap up everything nicely, although I'm concerned if they can do so with only one more episode to go. I already felt the discovery about YS's real father being too rushed in yesterday's episode. Well, we will see....

In the end, my post was all about YJ. *sigh* Guess I'm still not over this.

Im hoping... still hoping that YJ will be coma.... and then survive... pleasssseee pleeaasseee

just finished ep19... omg... is that it??? YJ really died??? tears.giftears.gif poor sae hee... they just made promise to get back together again...

i still can't believe YJ is dead.. no i don't want to believe it.. i pray hard that he'll be alive...

me too me too... still do not want to believe..

Guest honeydice

Hey all :) I don't post here often but had read and saw all the stuff you guys have posted here in this thread, I'm really thankful for it as it allowed my love for the drama to grow deeper ^^ Ranked one of my favorite action/romance dramas, this drama coming to an end is inevitable but I still am not able to accept the fact that it's here already. Every week I'm only waiting for Thursdays&Fridays to watch the chinese-subbed episodes, now that this drama is ending, I doubt I can not get use to it.. All of you too right? :(

I just watched episode 19 and it was heartbreaking. I appreciated the lack of Yoonsung/Nana interactions. Up till now, we've been fed with much of our otp's moments. Thus, for the last 2 episodes, I actually wished for more Yoonsung/Yongjoo interaction, and I got it! Haha :) These two men have such similar personalities and aims, stubborn and fighting for justice and the truth in everything.. If only Yongjoo had realized things earlier, they might had probably be able to work together to fight those people too (probably including YJ's father, as I believe he'd do anything to upload law&justice, regardless of who they are). But sadly, he only realized Yoonsung's intentions and background late and unfortunately did not have the chance to assist him.. I was very upset and glad that for episode 19. Yongjoo being able to understand Yoonsung more, admitting that the law had lost to City Hunter, admitting that he lost his pride as a prosecutor.. Knowing how stubborn he is, him being able to do so was a surprise to me. If only... if only Yongjoo realized earlier, if only Yoonsung knew about his background.. All the 'If-Only's which won't happen, haha :( Also, him mentioning that he'd deal with Jin Pyo makes me upset. Yeah, I understand that he lied and twisted Yoonsung's life, but he brought him up, he put him through all the harsh trainings to make him a stronger person, both physically and mentally. I really hope Yoonsung will forgive him, he may be mean, he may be an richard simmons you guys consider to only be concern about revenge. But one thing for sure, he loved Yoonsung and his country, and the fellow mates who were sacrificed. I believe he had many reasons why he had to carry out the revenge, it wasn't just one person's life, it's twenty! C'mon Yoonsung, think thoroughly please? :(

So tonight's the last episode, I don't wanna suffer from drama withdrawals.. considering how I'm already so attached to it :( But all good things come to an end right? The lack of Yongjoo is making me think of not to watch it.. because Yoonsung fighting alone with no one chasing after him behind, the thrill is gone! Hopefully tonight's episode will be a fruitful end, if I ever get to watch it. :)

I think ep 19 stirred the most of emotions out of me so far - out of all CH episodes. While in the first half of the drama, I was mostly excited to see YS and NN relationship unfold, what worked for me in the second half was the dynamic between YS/JP/YJ. While YS/JP relationship was interesting from the beginning, I only became interested in YJ when his father became YS's target no. 3. Before that, he was just...kind of boring. Good looking, but rather boring. I can't really tell when he turned the switch on for me, but I can say that he did, and that he became one of my favorite characters in this show.

As many of you pointed out, the slow-motion scene at the hospital, when YJ promised SH to come back, was foreshadowing something bad. I clearly knew something was coming. I feared it will be the end of him. Still, somewhere in the back of my mind I hoped it wouldn't mean death. This show failed to kill anyone up until now (well apart from MY in the first episode), why should it work this time?

I was fighting the tears each time YJ got up again to fight CJM's evil mob gang. I was fighting the tears when he messaged YS (why they let him type a message in the middle of the fight is beyond me though) the book's whereabouts, thus sealing his fate. When he stood up ONCE AGAIN, all bloody and weak, holding onto CJM, I was screaming in my head : "why did you get up? WHY don't you lie still, 'till someone comes to help you? WHY WHY WHY??". I couldn't stop my tears anymore, when that iron pipe came sailing down, hitting him with a full blow. When all that blood ran down his head and he collapsed. All the time I was praying for YS to be faster, to find that book faster, to go help YJ. When YS finally arrived it was too late. The moment I saw his body movement even that tiny little bit of hope I still had about YJ surviving all this was gone. This wasn't the first time I had tears in my eyes during a CH episode, but I can say it was the first time where I actually cried. Genuinely. I felt just devastated, I guess because I really didn't expect this to happen.

While in the first half of yesterday's episode I felt some disappointment concerning YS/NN relationship, all of that was forgotten and gone by the end of the episode. Frankly, I don't even care for any fluffy light-hearted interaction between them anymore (wouldn't be fitting now, would it?). Currently, I just want someone to go chop off CJM's head, because I came to detest him that much.

I'm still wishing for YS and NN to find their happy ending, though. I wish for the show to be able to wrap up everything nicely, although I'm concerned if they can do so with only one more episode to go. I already felt the discovery about YS's real father being too rushed in yesterday's episode. Well, we will see....

In the end, my post was all about YJ. *sigh* Guess I'm still not over this.

I can understand you! Yongjoo became one of my favorite characters in this drama too. He may be seen as a clinging Prosecutor who just can't stop bothering Yoonsung, but if I watch the whole drama again, I guess I'd really understand that he was only doing what he was supposed to. His fight for justice is just so admirable to look at it now :)

here it goes...

I WAS CLAPPING MY HANDS LIKE A FREAKN SEAL AND SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT SEEING HOW CUTE & ROMANTIC SAEHEE & YOUNGJOO ARE! IT WAS SO SWEET WHEN SHE SAID SHE'S GONNA GIVE HIM A SECOND CHANCE. AND WHEN HE LEFT, HE WAS GIVING HER HIS SWEETEST SMILE AND THE WAY THEY FILMED HIS BACK AND MAKES IT ALL SLOW & DRAMATIC, I JUST KNEW SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT BUT I DID NOT EXPECT THAT KIND OF ENDING TO OUR PROSECUTOR! I WAS LITERALLY BAWLING MY EYES OUT EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE NO TEARS IN MY EYES (LOL OOPS) AND I JUST COULDN'T SEEM TO BELIEVE THAT ENDING JUST HAPPENED... TO OUR PROSECUTOR WHOM DESERVES NO DEATH IN THIS DRAMA... WAE?!?! WHY MUST THE WRITERS MAKE HIM DIE JUST BEFORE THE DRAMA ENDS AND JUST BEFORE HE COMES BACK TO HIS EX-WIFE AND CLAIMS HIS HAPPY ENDING? WHY MUST IT BE SO UNFAIR FOR HIM? T____T IT'S LIKE 4AM SOMETHING AND I'M RAGING OVER THIS. BUT HOW CAN I NOT? I WAS EXPECTING A HAPPY ENDING FOR HIM & HIS EX-WIFE... </3 MY HEART BROKE FOR HIM, LITERALLY.. UNTIL NOW, I STILL COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT THAT WAS THE ENDING THEY CHOSE FOR HIM.. LEE JUN HYUK IS SUCH A GREAT ACTOR. HE PORTRAYED HIS CHARACTER SO WELL I ALMOST LITERALLY CRIED MY HEART OUT FOR HIM... HIS CHARACTER DOES NOT DESERVE TO DIE, AT ALL!

PROSECUTOR KIM YOUNG JOO! I DEMAND YOU TO COME BACK TO LIFE RIGHT NOW! PLEASEEEEE I BEG YOU!!!!! T____T;

okay i'm done.. sorry for all the CAPS, i just feel the need to use them fa;sfdjslkdfjsdf cuz i'm so mad D: sighhh what an ending for someone so great like him.. </3 R.I.P. Prosecutor Kim Young Joo D: lol it's like early morning right now and i'm being overly dramatic over this but it's just so sad.. i just cannot stay still D:

i have a feeling the ending might not be too good......I think they could have definitely extended this series with 2 more eps. the rating is dropping probably because they did not show much scenes of YS and NN. LOL (just kidding) I can't wait for today eps.