Is it possible for a rolling dent to worsen...by itself?

BoAFriend

I scoured around and couldn't find a particular thread in regards to dents from acne (NOT scars. There's a difference)

Okay so I had a small rolling dent in the nasion area (area between eyebrows, above nosebridge) that annoyed me a lot (and it was my fault) because freshman year, I was too hard on trying to get out this one pesky blackhead. I sure as hell regret it now. Well the dent was always like the size of a ballpoint pen tip, so I tried to ease up about it. Since then I've had no further pimples in that spot form. However, while looking in the mirror (near a window) recently, I was pretty shocked to discover that the dent seems to have worsened...on its own. It seems to be a small line now, I'd say like the size of half a pinky nail (Haha sorry for the strange visuals. I don't have pictures).

I haven't picked or touched the area, so I have no idea how this could have happened. I Googled before and read that apparently some dents can worsen overtime due to something about collagen?

Anyone possibly have any idea? And if anything, would anyone know of possibly injections (preferably not lasers since it's just a minor thing) I could get done to fix it?

Thanks

So I did some research and it seems that rolling acne scars can worsen, or appear worsened as we age naturally because of the lack of collagen in your skin, just like you said.

You would for sure have to talk to a dermatologist about your options though because I know that certain skin types can be very sensitive to lasers and microdermibration and therefore cannot receive treatment.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/28175

Archived