whitexmas.png

Director: Kim Yong-Soo

Writer: Park Yun-Sun

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 8

Release Date: January 30, 2011

Air Time: 11:15PM

PLOT

In the mountains of Gangwando, there is a prestigious private high school named Soo-Sin. The school is located in an isolated area and all the students and staff stay in dormitories. The students at Soo-Sin comprise of the top 0.1% of all the students in South Korea.

In order to get into Soo-Sin, students must prepare from elementary school. It is even harder to get into than Seoul National University. Because of this, students at Soo-Sin must compete fiercely and study even on weekends. Their only vacation days are the 8 days from Christmas Eve to the first day of the new year. During this time, the students and faculty leave the school. The school becomes empty.

On December 24, 2010, a bus full of students leaves the school. Diligent honor student Park Moo-Yul (Baek Sung-Hyun) stays behind because of a letter a received a couple of days ago. The letter is full of hate and states they will die, but leave a curse on Park Moo-Yul. At the school, only 7 students stay behind ...

CAST

gerg.png

VIDEOS

preview

episode opening

Ep.01-Ep.08(not subbed)

subbed episodes here

PRESS CONFERENCE

nisi201101240003979639w.jpg

click to view more

713ed3d1c6853000de8d056.jpg

20110124whitexmasbaksun.jpg

20110124whitexmasleesom.jpg

20110124whitexmassungju.jpg

201101240027900.jpg

nisi201101240003979639w.jpg

Unofficial OST Tracklist

LINK

Official website: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/series/drama/christmas/index.html

cr: asianmediawiki + 7lotus@soompi

please take out with full credits.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

Park Yeon-Seon is back! :wub:

~~~

Korea Times 01-25-2011 16:46

Eight chilling days of 'White Christmas'

By Kwon Mee-yoo

1101251601(2).jpg

Actors of “White Christmas” pose for a photo at a press conference in Seoul, Monday. / Yonhap

Late Sunday evenings will become spine-chilling at an isolated high school on KBS' "Drama Special: White Christmas" from this week.

Set in a private, elite high school deep in the mountains, the drama deals with a series of deaths, including murder and suicide that take place over eight days.

Seven students and a physical education instructor, as well as a psychiatrist who end up at the school after being hit by a car, spend eight days ― from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day ― together at the school.

1101251602.jpg

Park Mu-yeol, played by Baek Sung-hyun, is an honor student who chooses to remain in school during the winter break after receiving an abusive letter. Baek appeared in movies such as “Marathon” (2005) and “My Boyfriend's Diary” (2006) and dramas including “Running” (2010).

Model-turned-actor Kim Young-kwang, also known as Young Kim, plays a detested boy Jo Yeong-jae who attacks other people to hide his inferiority complex. Another actor and model Lee Soo-hyuk plays a disturbed, but rich student leading a rock band.

Model Esom is the only female among the cast. Her character Yu Eun-seong was once popular in school before turning after a sudden change of personality.

Veteran actor Kim Sang-kyung of "The Great King Sejong" (2008) will perform the role of Kim Yo-han, the injured psychologist.

The drama aims to shed light on evil. "The students are cut off from the outside world and in unstable conditions. What if pure evil absorbs them?’” Park Yeon-seon, scriptwriter of the drama, said. "We will discuss whether evil is organic or environmental."

Park is best known for her 2006 SBS drama “Alone in Love,” which portrayed the delicate emotions of a divorced couple.

The average height of the actors in "White Christmas" is 186 centimeters, well above the average Korean man's height.

Park the scriptwriter said height was one of the important factors in casting actors for the drama, at a press conference, Monday.

"We can emphasize posture, height and looks of our drama, the director and I joked," Park said. "This might be the drama composed of the tallest actors."

She added that using rookie actors, instead of veterans, could bring freshness to the drama.

According to Park, high school students are at a volatile stage. “Possibility and anxiety coexist at this time. The balance of both body and mind wavers amid growth. They can be extremely empathetic as well as equally cruel,” Park said.

"White Christmas" is part of KBS' attempt to bring diversity to the Korean drama scene.

KBS executive producer Lee Gang-hyun said they revived one-act dramas through "Drama Special" last year and the result was good. "As an extension of the successful results, we are introducing four-episode and eight-episode dramas. ‘Drama Special’ will create the seed of well-made dramas, differentiating from other dramas only seeking high ratings," Lee said.

The series will continue as a four-episode romantic comedy in March.

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

~~~

[Yonhap News]

Drama 'White Christmas'

PYH2011012407590034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 24, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "White Christmas" -- Kim Sang-kyung, Bae Sung-hyun, Lee Som, Kim Young-kwang, Lee Soo-hyuk, Sung Jun, Kim Hyun-joong, Hong Jong-hyun and Jung Suk-won (L to R) -- pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 24. The first episode of the drama, which depicts a psychiatrist who gets involved in a serial murder when his car breaks down during a sudden storm on Christmas Eve, will be aired by the KBS TV network on Jan. 30. (Yonhap)

PYH2011012407540034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 24, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "White Christmas" -- Kim Sang-kyung, Bae Sung-hyun, Lee Som, Kim Young-kwang, Lee Soo-hyuk, Sung Jun, Kim Hyun-joong, Hong Jong-hyun and Jung Suk-won (L to R) -- pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 24. The first episode of the drama, which depicts a psychiatrist who gets involved in a serial murder when his car breaks down during a sudden storm on Christmas Eve, will be aired by the KBS TV network on Jan. 30. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Kim Sang-kyung

PYH2011012407400034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 24, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Kim Sang-kyung, who stars in the new drama "White Christmas," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 24. The first episode of the drama, which depicts a psychiatrist who gets involved in a serial murder when his car breaks down during a sudden storm on Christmas Eve, will be aired by the KBS TV network on Jan. 30. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Baek Sung-hyun

PYH2011012407310034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Kim Young-kwang

PYH2011012407280034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Lee Soo-hyuk

PYH2011012407220034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Hong Jong-hyun

PYH2011012407730034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actress Lee Som

PYH2011012407750034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Kim Hyun-joong

PYH2011012407790034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Sung Jun

PYH2011012407420034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Jung Suk-won

PYH2011012407460034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Kim Sang-kyung

PYH2011012407820034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 24, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Kim Sang-kyung, who stars in the new drama "White Christmas," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 24. The first episode of the drama, which depicts a psychiatrist who gets involved in a serial murder when his car broke down during a sudden storm on Christmas Eve , will be aired by the KBS TV network on Jan. 30. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Baek Sung-hyun

PYH2011012407860034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Kim Young-kwang

PYH2011012407980034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Lee Soo-hyuk

PYH2011012407920034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Hong Jong-hyun

PYH2011012408080034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actress Lee Som

PYH2011012408030034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Kim Hyun-joong

PYH2011012408010034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Sung Jun

PYH2011012408060034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Jung Suk-won

PYH2011012408040034400_P2.jpg

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Model Actors to Appear in 'White Christmas'

[2011-01-28]

The third series of the KBS Drama Special entitled "White Christmas," which will air its first episode on January 30, has attracted viewers with its cast members who were once models.

827_2208_l.jpg

▲ Current and former models --

Kim Young Kwang, Lee Song, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Hyun Joong, and Sung Joon

-- will appear in "White Christmas."

At the production presentation of "White Christmas," tall cast members such as Kim Young Kwang and Lee Soo Hyuk, who are 190 centimeters tall on average, came up onto the stage and received the spotlight. The writer Park Yeon Sun produced laughter in the audience by saying, "I wanted to write a story in which the tallest guys appear. This drama pursues the visual effect of the Scandinavian style." Park added, "I thought that the background of the drama was an isolated island, so producing the splendid video images only with the background seemed to be very difficult, so I wanted to emphasize the visual effect of the cast members. The height of actor was a more important factor than acting ability."

In addition, actor Paek Sung Hyun, who is 180 centimeter tall, revealed some difficulty he had, saying, "I could not concentrate on acting since I had to look up at other taller actors with whom I acted together." Jeong Seok Won also said, "I have never heard that I was small with my height, which is 184 centimeter, but I felt weird when I had to act with other actors who were more than 188 centimeters tall on average."

"White Christmas" is mystery thriller drama about eight students left behind in a renowned private high school on an isolated mountain in Kangwondo, and it will air its first episode on January 30 at 11:15 pm on KBS.

Writer: KBSi Jin Young-ju

Picture: KBS PR Department Jang Byung Hee

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Guest ddongxp

i just saw it after randomly stumbling upon it, and omg its been such a long time since i've seen something this good. i couldn't take my eyes off the screen, the drama is so edgy and mysterious.

does anyone know when the second episode is gonna come out? im guessing its once a week?

• 3 weeks later...

this drama really needs more recognition; the plot is nice a bit draggy at some portions from ep 5 to be honest, but the actors-newbies are still really good.

The characters are definitely more interesting and unique.

Plus the guys are hot lolol

Guest alilies

can anyone upload the kbs world videos for the first two episodes? i heard it started airing on march 7th 8DDD

thankssss!!

Guest C51236

[Review] White Christmas Finale

Mar 23, 2011

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011032215261372366

credits 10asia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

White Christmas Episode 1 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

resized.jpg

White Christmas 1 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:- This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/924-running-man-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

White Christmas Episode 2 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

resized.jpg

White Christmas 1-2 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:- This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/924-running-man-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Archived