[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest revengeoftheflowers

Just watched the beginning of episode 16, and DRUNK RARA is out of control, a hot mess, and a HILARIOUS drunk. She is definitely in Villain territory now, but at least she is entertaining Comedy Villain. I would totally get drinks with her one night!

Also, Son Ja and Gong Joo look absolutely crazy with her tiny gangster style and his low rent Cruella De Ville impersonation, but they are such perfect people at heart! They are flawless and amazing. :)

Cha Ra Ri's horrified reaction towards the Sa Ran's stepmother working at the Gisaeng house was hilarious. She looked like my mother.

The girl who is playing Sa Ran is a fantastic actress. She's young, but she has a lot of talent. And the restraint she puts on her acting is very impressive and realistic. The scene with Damo at the restaurant was heartbreak and all too familiar. I feel so bad for poor Sa Ran. :( BUT NOW IT'S FINALLY TIME TO BECOME A GISAEEEENG!!!!! :D

Guest kawaiiyuki

omg episode 16 is really heartbreaking

why did damo do that?

can someone translete that part?

WHAT? DID HE JUST BREAK UP WITH SR? WHAT? (I haven't seen today's episode so- omg!)

If he did break up with sr i'm shocked i always thought sr would be the one because she had felt that they came from two totally different worlds.

Now i need to d/l asap.

Okay so right now I really can't understand what's happening in DM's mind !

Why is he so bothered ? Why did he break up when he seems so hurt ? WHY ? :blink:

Since 2 episodes he seemed upset but enough to do THAT ?! The scene is hard 'cause SR couldn't even imagine he'll say something like that__she was so shocked & I too*

I'm really confused right now, especially by the grandma who absolutely wants DM & SR together*

By the way, I didn't understand another thing... WHO DIED ? At first, it seemed like DM's grandma, right ? I mean I'm pretty sure she is... But the preview shows that RR's family is also in mourning... Will her grandpa die too ? :(

It's Ra Ra's Grandfather's turn to die next weekend after he was going to do a DNA test on Sa Ran. It looks like Sa Ran and Ra Ra make up too.

It actually makes sense that all the grandparents are dying, because they are not featured in the opening credits, which was weird since they are all renown actors. I think Im Sung Han had plans to kill them off beforehand.

Guest laceytam

Okay so right now I really can't understand what's happening in DM's mind !

Why is he so bothered ? Why did he break up when he seems so hurt ? WHY ? :blink:

Since 2 episodes he seemed bothered but enough to do THAT ?! The scene is hard 'cause SR couldn't even imagine he'll say something like that__she was so shocked & I too*

I'm really confused right now, especially by the grandma who absolutely wants DM & SR together*

By the way, I didn't understand another thing... WHO DIED ? At first, it seemed like DM's grandma, right ? I mean I'm pretty sure she is... But the preview shows that RR's family is also in mourning... Will her grandpa die too ? :(

maybe damo thinks that he likes saran more than she did and that she is not taking it seriously of this relationship like him,thats what i guess

I don't know why Damo broke up with Sa Ran, but what he told her was that he was just playing games with her and being nice to her, because he wanted to sleep with her. She kept not falling into his traps of having sex with him, so he told her he's not getting what he wanted out of the relationship.

Someone should translate Sa Ran's response, because it is heartbreaking.

Guest Trina987

Hi, I watched the raw link of episode 16... Although it was really bad as the voice over was way off...In the beginning, did SR lied again??? That is one of my pet peeve of SR that she is lying and that she is bitter... RR at least even though she is spoiled and today episode evil.. At least, she is honest... So, I do not know if the truth be told and want to so move on with the storyline... Now for the catfight, wow... the actresses who play RR and SJ show a good fight scene between girls... However, GJ did come and break up... Why make walk home.. Why bother go with her to make sure she is home safe... :blink: As for the conversation of Ah Da Mo and SR, not sure what is saying but I think they break up as we have the great music when SR walk away... It was very sad that Ah Da Mo's grandmother died... Kind of remind me of my aunt's mom died in her sleep.. may she rest in peace... however, I would think that Ah Da Mo will be upset that his grandmother died and crying or at least be a lil bit upset that he and SR break up... He was upset but show no emotions... hrm.. good acting... From the preview, not sure who died RR grandmother was in the hospital and you see RR in funeral clothes and Ah Da Mo and SR talking and RR know the truth too about who is her real parents... I just hope this is starting point for SR to become a gisaeng... oh, one more thing, this is first time I see Ah Da Mo' father are and not be soo in love with Andrea... I need to see if there is better quality of raw link... everyone, have a good sunday...

Guest kawaiiyuki

wait why are the grandparents dying? they didn't even seen sick? but i can understand if they die of shock finding out about rr or sr.

For two episodes it seemed like dm was thinking about something. What was it that made him act like that?

Dm's grandmother isn't die yet right? Cause if she was to die for no reason that would be shocking.

I'm just so confused!

Guest laceytam

i think damo will regret in the next episode

and why rara was at the funeral too because her father and damos father are friend thats why she is there

and why rara was at the funeral too because her father and damos father are friend thats why she is there

Actually I reaaaaally think something will happen to RR's grandpa and that for 2 reasons:

1. RR's grandma seems really 'crazy' in the preview. She cries & yells.

2. And we saw this pin in RR's hair... If I remember well girls wear this 'pin' only when someone in THEIR family dies * They wear it during a few days to show they're in mourning *

rara.jpg

Guest dramaok

yeah next week is grandpa Geum Shi Jo's turn to go.

><

i don't have time to translate what Sa Ran said in response to Da Mo,

but basically she said she once read in a book that a person doesn't get conned unless they have greed to start out with. she said she herself fell into the situation because she must have some greed within her, and thus she will have to repent for her part. she thanked him for teaching her a lesson. she also said it was better that he told her the truth now. she said a cruel truth is better than a beautifully disguised lie. only that she wished he had told her sooner, since she was sincere (in loving him) and she believes he felt it too. then she told the waiter to trash the cake. "i made it but it got ruined"..

too bad mhugh isn't here to translate. i have to go and work on yesterday's now. plus i can tell you what was said, but i don't really understand fully what the intended message really is. i have a hard time reading Da Mo.

ahoxan that's exactly what was said in today's episode too about giving candy to the unlovely child.

the saying in korean is, "you give an extra rice cake to the bad kid and you give a spanking to the good kid"

thx revenge for short summaries. yeah i thought the fight was kinda hilarious too and bittersweet in their friendship or whatever you wanna call it. ra ra, "waht is your name" to sohn ja. lol.

Guest Trina987

yeah next week is grandpa Geum Shi Jo's turn to go.

><

i don't have time to translate what Sa Ran said in response to Da Mo,

but basically she said she once read in a book that a person doesn't get conned unless they have greed to start out with. she said she herself fell into the situation because she must have some greed within her, and thus she will have to repent for her part. she thanked him for teaching her a lesson. she also said it was better that he told her the truth now. she said a cruel truth is better than a beautifully disguised lie. only that she wished he had told her sooner, since she was sincere (in loving him) and she believes he felt it too. then she told the waiter to trash the cake. "i made it but it got ruined"..

too bad mhugh isn't here to translate. i have to go and work on yesterday's now. plus i can tell you what was said, but i don't really understand fully what the intended message really is. i have a hard time reading Da Mo.

ahoxan that's exactly what was said in today's episode too about giving candy to the unlovely child.

the saying in korean is, "you give an extra rice cake to the bad kid and you give a spanking to the good kid"

thx revenge for short summaries. yeah i thought the fight was kinda hilarious too and bittersweet in their friendship or whatever you wanna call it. ra ra, "waht is your name" to sohn ja. lol.

Thank you very much dramaok... by the way, in a different note, there was a bit laggy in viki... It was really hard for me to get in... Therefore, I hope it will be better when you are in viki.... okay.. back to SR/Ah Da Mo... wow.. no idea that was the conversation.... The cake looks really good though... I can tell that Ah Da Mo was except but I want to see more of his emotion... However, it was really hard as he was emotionless but, I can telll from his actions and actions speak more than words.... About SR's stepmother, even though she is greedy... Her actions toward to SR, GJ, SJ and SR's father is sincere... She is even a hard worker at the gisaeng house... I like her as she is still human of her caring and sincere nature and working hard even though she is greedy... Oh I love the fastforward talking chipmunk style talking.. They are really funny in AG.... :w00t:

Hi, I watched the raw link of episode 16... Although it was really bad as the voice over was way off...In the beginning, did SR lied again??? That is one of my pet peeve of SR that she is lying and that she is bitter... RR at least even though she is spoiled and today episode evil.. At least, she is honest... So, I do not know if the truth be told and want to so move on with the storyline... Now for the catfight, wow... the actresses who play RR and SJ show a good fight scene between girls... However, GJ did come and break up... Why make walk home.. Why bother go with her to make sure she is home safe... :blink: As for the conversation of Ah Da Mo and SR, not sure what is saying but I think they break up as we have the great music when SR walk away... It was very sad that Ah Da Mo's grandmother died... Kind of remind me of my aunt's mom died in her sleep.. may she rest in peace... however, I would think that Ah Da Mo will be upset that his grandmother died and crying or at least be a lil bit upset that he and SR break up... He was upset but show no emotions... hrm.. good acting... From the preview, not sure who died RR grandmother was in the hospital and you see RR in funeral clothes and Ah Da Mo and SR talking and RR know the truth too about who is her real parents... I just hope this is starting point for SR to become a gisaeng... oh, one more thing, this is first time I see Ah Da Mo' father are and not be soo in love with Andrea... I need to see if there is better quality of raw link... everyone, have a good sunday...

Yep, same here. I have the same pet peeve with Saran. She's never open about anything. She's always hiding something. I like Rara for her honesty, even if she's a spoiled brat. She chose a guy over her friend, and that guy just dumped her like yesterday's trash. So now, she lost her friend and the guy. But I don't feel sorry for her. She put herself in this position knowing that both would happen sooner or later. Both stated their thoughts and intention right from the beginning.

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

New Tales of Gisaeng Episode 14 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

New Tales of Gisaeng 1-14 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/298-new-tales-of-gisaeng-2011-episode-1-14/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Archived