★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

I noticed how in their Last Farewell performance, VIPs were dancing along to the "baby baby baaby" part :D I LOVE IT.

BUT I miss VIPs wild shaking of their crowns out in the crowd (you know, when you can see their crowns as the camera rolls behind them :lol: ) when Big Bang's performing in broadcast stations. ]: It gives hype to Big Bang's performances.

Okay so like, I'M HYPED LIKE NO OTHER WHEN I SAW BIG BANG'S COMEBACK :wub:

Daesung's transformation is so manly like I wasn't expecting that outta him lol. Seungri, don't ever stop giving fans attention, we love that. [: Taeyang, you continue dancing and singing with that burning passion of yours [: Top, I have nothing to say cause you're awesome as is lol. And finally, GD, I appreciate/respect your hard work as a musician and as a Fashionista, continue making awesome music. [:

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest naturalhonee

bigbang has such an ability to feed off a crowd.

their performances for the new songs were really well done, but the energy they had for hands up / lies / last farewell / sunset glow was on a completely different level altogether!

being in front of a crowd is when they are truly in their element - and that is why you have to experience a bigbang concert at least once in your life :)

when GD plays the girl and TOP plays the guy, it always turns out so good!!!

i.e. secret garden parody and coffee prince parody.

those are definitely the best parodies they've done so far. GTOP actually have believable onscreen chemistry....like seriously. i was all nervous and uncomfortable during that sit-up scene cos there was so much sexual tension lol the way TOP stared at GD, i swear he was attracted to GD for a split second. no bigbang member plays the girl as well as GD does too

Guest MTRAiNbow_S5BB

Hello <3

Greeting fellow VIPS. I am one of those people who always go on soompi, stalk this thread, but was too shy to comment T.T

I am absolutely in love with Bigbang, for 2 years now. When I heard that they were making their comeback, I was so excited. I have absolute faith in them and I know that they will do great.

and here we are, those were the BEST performances in k-pop that I have seen in a long time. So charismatic, passionate, skilled... just godly xD I have watched various groups (live and online), but none of them live up to Bigbang, who deliver a perfect performance so effortlessly.

I was so ...amazed, i tear up when I saw them performing Lie and laugh like crazy over the Parody (my MOM was like 0__o)

All the VIPS here are so supportive to Bigbang, you guys are extremely awesome =) I don't know where to get my Daily Bigbang dose if not for this thread and those utmost dedicated VIPS.

That's all.

Peace- Love <3

Big Bang Special had a 5.7% viewership rating according to AGB Nielsen. The program it replaced, KJE Chocolate, had a viewership rating of 3.3%. Considering that it was shown at 12 midnight, the rating is pretty good.

Source:http://news.nate.com/view/20110228n02855

Big Bang Mini Album is also #1 album this week for melon album chart. They replaced GD & TOP's Vol.1 which had a run a 8 weeks as #1 (currently #3 now with IU's repackaged album released on Feb. 17 as #2)

2v9oh7o.jpg

EDIT: The Big Bang Show got ratings higher than Music Core and Music Bank and just a little bit lower than Inkigayo at a midnight timeslot... LOL - flibbertigibbet@6theory.com

Guest newshb123

hey, fellow V.i.p.'s i am usually a silent reader

I just finished watching the SBS The Big Show.

it was so awesome

i loved all the live performances, they sounded and looked amazing

i liked how they played their older songs and the played tonight - it was like a progression of maturity

the parody was amazing, i don't know korean and i didn't watch secret garden but i made sure to read the synopsis and figure out their parts. it was so funny. i think it is their best parody yet

AHH i just love them so much

Guest HelloDreamer

OMGs I totally love the tonight MV! Hope to see the revised better verison soon keke, Daesung is going to be a bad boy in it. Eventhough I didn't understand a word they said in the Parody, their reactions speaks for itself. Hahahs. "SMELL SMELL" was one of the funniest moments. G-Dragon and TOP's foam kiss was so funny because GD couldn't even stand seeing it without being all embrassed. Keke.

I still haven't shared my thoughts on this special. I spazzed so much in twitter so I'm more calm/less fan girly now so it's pretty long. Just skip if you don't like reading LOL. So here goes.

First, I think most of us agree that Big Bang boys are very capable soloists. They've proven that in the past 2 years with their individual activities. There were a lot of people saying that they cannot imagine them now as a group since they already have very distinct styles. I cannot count the number of comments I've come across saying they prefer Big Bang's solo activities. But I've always remained firm that Big Bang shines best when performing together. I think this whole SBS Special just proved my point.

Despite the differences, they mesh really well and have that amazing group chemistry. They just really bring out the best in each other. The energy and intensity I saw in the SBS special when they were performing their songs is just out there. They feed off the energy of each other. And if I might add, their veteran status among idol groups shows so much. They're very comfortable in the stage and each member shone with their individual camera time. Their interaction with that crowd and the way they pumped up the audience is something that is very unique with Big Bang. Their ability to make songs come alive is unparalleled. And they make songs that might be just meh or uninteresting in the CD for some likeable and they will make you sing along. Their charisma and sheer stage presence translates so well in their live stages. Simply put, you may hate them or love them but you can never ignore them.

This show is very special to us since it's their first as a group after a long time. And I can say that it was worth the wait. They delivered. The whole show was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. When the show was starting I was so excited. Finally, we see them again together. When they came out with Hands Up, it was mixed emotions. It felt surreal, with an 'is this real life' feeling but also pumped up and excited for the rest of the show. But after the HU was done and they did their Big Bang greeting, I started to tear. It's been so long since I saw them like this again - together for Big Bang promotions. They looked happy to be there together in front of their fans. But when they did 'lies', I was really choking up as I heard the crowd chant their names. They're back!

As the stage transitioned from talk to each stage, I get more amazed at how much they've improved over the past 2 years. From STL to Café to WIR, their ability to shift from the upbeat song with full dancing and carry another emotional one with most of them just sitting or staying still in one place but at the same time still show much charisma just goes to show how seasoned they are. You can see that they're more confident of themselves and their hold over the audience and the camera is astounding. Seeing the preview and knowing that most of them were nervous and tired, I would never have thought that they would be this energetic. But all throughout the show, their energy was high and they really looked like they enjoyed the stage. Some might say stuff about choreography, clothes or their songs but for me one thing you can't deny is their energy. They all looked like they missed this and out to prove something. It reminds me a lot of their debut stage, the one that made me into a fan.

After the 3 songs, Secret Garden parody came up. And Big Bang shifted gears once again. They were so funny! Despite having no subs, they made me laugh so hard. They were perfect. They portrayed their characters well but also did their own twists. GD was so pretty and convincing as a girl! YB was also adorable with his longer locks and him and GD were too funny together. TOP was hot as Joowon and he turned into such a kissing monster! I think Seungri is scarred for life after that 10 second kiss lolol. Daesung, omg, he was so funny as Joowon’s mom ‘smell, smell’ anyone? Plus the flaring nose! I wish to see What’s Up even more now! Seungri as Oska singing WCID in the table made me lol so much too! So many funny moments. Their sheer audacity to do those things made me all the more fond of them. While watching the show, I was also laughing at their reactions. They were so embarrassed it’s even funnier than some of the scenes. And YB’s reaction to GD getting hit by the car out of nowhere was priceless. Their best parody so far! So you see, they break another stereotype of theirs to other people – that they’re this very serious group. They can pull off so many things, it’s always interesting to watch them.

Their next songs Last Farewell and Sunset Glow and the flashback to their older stages gave me such nostalgia. Going down memory lane and seeing them do those songs again in broadcast is such an amazing experience. I was there in there Remember promotions and it took me back in a time when kpop was less about competition but more of seeing the performances. A time when kpop wasn't this crowded and wasn't as controversial or drama-ridden. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that kpop doesn't have good groups these days but 2008 was a more innocent time for me when all I knew was that Big Bang will be in this and this music show and didn't really care much about anything else.

Overall, I can see the contrast from their solo/duo stages so much. In GD's Heartbreaker promotions, you see him charm the crowd with his smiles in Breathe and in A Boy as well as show his charismatic side in Heartbreaker stage. With Taeyang’s solo from HOT album to Solar, we see him highlight his smooth moves and vocals. Meanwhile, we see a fun and happy GTOP stages with an almost laid back quality especially with DGH, and with Seungri's VVIP stages it was all about showmanship with his interesting choreographies. From what we saw of Daesung’s Big Show solos, we see him being emotional and showing his vocal prowess. What differs with this 2011 Big Bang stage particularly with their title song Tonight is that we see a group who seems out to prove something and they seemed so intense. They hit their moves pretty hard with an almost angry quality in their stage. Considering that Big Bang isn’t a group that does much choreography, I was surprised. Though the stage does seem like there were too many things happening all at once and the camera work wasn’t stellar, I still liked this performance. I loved GD’s guitar smashing bit. Nice highlight of the song.

I’m so happy that the boys seem to really enjoy this comeback. It’s very comforting to know that they’d missed their group activities in Korea the same way fans did.

2011, it’s our year VIPs. No matter what our worries are and what other people might say, the fact that they’re together again is the most important thing. Let’s never forget that.

^ no idea. maybe Big Bang broke hanteo? no posts in bestiz yet on why this is the case. LOLOL. But here's the full list from flibbertigibbet's post in 6theory. Just for laughs.

2wdrpfs.jpg

EDIT: they're still calling hanteo. no news yet. but according to flibbert, there are 20 YG albums out of the top 30 in hanteo right now lolol.

EDIT EDIT: Current sales of Mini album is 32,249 - their sales are showing since they're currently #2 for the top albums of the year right after TVXQ

Guest doublehh03

^ lol wow. that's absolute domination. but hopefully tonight broke hanteo b/c their sales can't drop like that. any word on what hanteo has to say on the sales?

FRICK I AM SO FRIGGIN HYPEDDDDD!!!!!!!

I love the parody! The best THUS FAR! OMG! TOP is kissing everyone! GAHHH~

Alright, okay. So I know that many of you already spazzed about the fancam when GD choked up. But honestly, that made me teary eyed. I can just--for some reason--feel what he felt. VIPs you know what I mean. Just...aghhh, man he's truly a wonderful person, hands down.

I seriously can't get it in my system that BIG BANG is promoting in Korea, K-town, Seoul, you would call it. Can you believe that they're finally here, and back!? I just digested all of it in. And geez! I just can't help but smile and blast the music so loud, my speakers might break.

Alright, okay. Blah blah blah blah. Thanks for the pictures, and updates above guys! >.<

when GD plays the girl and TOP plays the guy, it always turns out so good!!!

i.e. secret garden parody and coffee prince parody.

those are definitely the best parodies they've done so far. GTOP actually have believable onscreen chemistry....like seriously. i was all nervous and uncomfortable during that sit-up scene cos there was so much sexual tension lol the way TOP stared at GD, i swear he was attracted to GD for a split second. no bigbang member plays the girl as well as GD does

tumblr_lhajmvjV9i1qaw4bwo1_500.gif

NATURALHONEE! word at that! haha

My fav PARODIES would be Coffee Prince and now SECRET GARDEN..i agree to everything you

said.There was so much sexual tension between the TWO that it's almost SCARY! LOL

It radiates outside the screen and everything is so damn BELIEVABLE.

It doesnt help that GD's so freakin GORGEOUS!!!!

tumblr_lhaopv8Law1qeceu1.gif

CHEMISTRY right THERE!

tumblrlhalo0mrwu1qdcel5.gif

KC! i see Flibs at it again w/ the ratings hahaha..such a fanboy.

Ratings for The Big Bang Show were 5.7%, 2.4% higher than "Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate" last week in the same timeslot. Good ratings for the timeslot.

OH YES!

OMG DAESUNGGG im so looking forward to you BED SCENE haha

59417703.jpg

smell.gif

Archived