★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest thnjiuy

Big Bang on Numero Magazine Japan Photo Shoot [PHOTO]

o0300022510840963907.jpg

o0225030010840963460.jpg

cre:bigbangupdates

[Pics] Fantaken photo of Taeyang at Gimpo Airport on 101104, returning from Japan

bbhtaeyangairport101104.jpg

cre:bigbangheaven

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michala01

TOP's pompadour is awesome in that pic laugh.gif 

BTW GD's g-market song has been released in a making of video, it's in his solo thread 

Belated Happy Birthday to TOP!!! ♥

GD at the airport looked THIN.. >.< he should rest more...

They rock idol groups gathering in Japan. They have his regal "air" in

them that people cannot deny.

3rd week or Next year..who knows..lol

YG just bring back BB on Korea Scene please. ASAP

Guest clinglebells

does big bang have antis in japan? i read it from somewhere saying that they have.

and they alo aid that bigbang is not that famous in japan?

didnt big bang win the best newcomer award and other stuff in japan music award or sth?

does big bang have antis in japan? i read it from somewhere saying that they have.

didnt big bang win the best newcomer award and other stuff in japan music award or sth?

i think they have, every group, solo artists have their antis, the more popular you are the greater the number of your antis.

in the case of their newcomer award, there was an article saying that BB shouldn't won that award. there were japanese fans who said that they shouldn't won that award. i think that article is somewhere here in BB thread i just can't remember.

Guest toozdae08

@clinglebells

This is just my opinion and not fact...

They do have antis in Japan, cause there's antis everywhere. Not sure how prevalent they are.

And they did win awards but they haven't been invited to some of the big end-of-the year events. They're not doing poorly in Japan but not great either for a variety of reasons. Personally, I think they started out with ok promotions, not amazing but not bad either (sold around 40-50k) - I think they could have done better if they had chosen to redo a more popular song (Lies or Haru Haru, like Kara and SNSD have done) instead of redoing Heaven. The did Gara Gara Go next but promotions for that weren't that great since Dae got into his accident in the middle of that and they had to promote without their best singer for a while. As for this year, I'm not exactly sure what they're doing. They've change their style a lot which confuses fans and some of their songs have been hit or miss. PPl liked TMG but that wasn't promoted, they promoted BH but a month before the album dropped and it didn't do to well. Some of the members can't speak Japan or at least haven't shown they can speak Japanese despite being their over a year.

So to be honest they've had a lot of missteps in Japan -some of it their/management fault and some of it unforeseen. So to sum it up, I don't think they're necessarily unpopular in Japan but they're not popular either.

*This sounds more like a lounge question but it's been a slow last few days so whatever

Guest Michala01

^^^

No I think you summed it up well. They're not big in Japan but they have a very dedicated following which is sizable but nowhere near what they have in Korea of course. I don't think YG has ever taken their Japanese promotions seriously tbh. 

^Is it really YG handling their Japanese promotions though? I've never really understood how this works--Big Bang is with YG in Korea, but in Japan they're signed with.. (wait, I don't even know. who is their company in Japan, Avex?). But who gets to say what and when stuff happens with their Japanese promotions?

Also, I think they're the most successful of the more recent batch of kpop singers to head to Japan (I'm talking about post-DBSK & BOA, but pre-SNSD). In a lot of ways, they have been the "first," or the "only," when it comes of kpop in Japan. I think if you compare them with other kpop acts, they're doing well, but on the whole they could be doing a lot better.

it IS a different market. Not only do they have to compete with other kpop acts, they have to complete with jpop acts. since they've been on hiatus in korea so they could focus in japan, I would have expected a more serious effort. That is not to say that the boys aren't trying or working hard, which we all know, that they do. & I will always appreciate their efforts--but if they are working as hard as they are, I would like them to have more of a result.

Guest juang_bb

^^^ aahhhh TABI!!! i feel like singing him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY song when i saw the picture! that was taken exactly on his birthday. lol. :P

but seriously, after the perm... after the SUPER. SEXY. PERM. now that he got rid of it, he's now killing me with those GLASSES!!! yes, THE GLASSES! :wub: :wub: :wub: why so hot?!? he's been looking a LOT younger these days... and im lovin it!!! i guess having some extra time and rest really works. :D

Guest hayakatsu

^^^

No I think you summed it up well. They're not big in Japan but they have a very dedicated following which is sizable but nowhere near what they have in Korea of course. I don't think YG has ever taken their Japanese promotions seriously tbh. 

i wouldn't say YG isn't taking their japanese promo srsly. that's not fair to say because if that were true then heck why send them there in the first place, during the highest of their peak era in kpop when they were practically reigning royalties? like CLI0 said, in japan, YG doesn't solely hold the decision making power anymore. they have to consult things with UMJ before giving the final OK. so perhaps there were things YG wanted to do but UMJ and YG japan don't see eye to eye with and had to settle with something less than spectacular but still enough to create an impact.

and yes, they do have antis there. but not enough to be overwhelming or anything. mostly because here comes this strange new group from korea taking awards left and right. most of them are just annoyed with them really. the leader of the group don't speak the language and i dunno what else. i'm sure they have their reasons. i don't think japanese fans are all about anti-ing for no reason. ya only get that in kpop. i used to be a jpop follower and they really have a high level of respect for their musicians. so even when they don't like someone, there usually is a very valid reason for it.

well, for the most part i totally agree that they could be BIGGER than they are. i think if they are at least conversationally more fluent, more people would be more accepting of them because music wise, they fit in there with what they're doing right now. BH and TMG were really awesome stuff they came out with. musically, they're on the right track in japan. but ppl are generally confused because that's not what they sound like in korea. obviously the pre-japan VIPs know that that was YG's plan right from the get-go to change their genre a bit. because i mean, why choose w-inds? the moment they collabed for that song i knew they were gonna go electrohop in japan. because that was the phase BB was going into ever since the remember album. you can't tell me you didn't expect it right?

but honestly, who cares? ELT was a freakin success man. sold out concerts ALL OVER JAPAN. do we need anymore proof of just exactly HOW BIG they are there? i know my babies are awesome. nothin you say can deny that fact that they are pure awesomeness.

Of course Big Bang have antis in Japan but what group doesnt? ...luckily most VIPs don't give a richard simmons about them and frankly I choose not to even acknowledge there worthless presence at all. I suggest you do the same.

i think they have, every group, solo artists have their antis, the more popular you are the greater the number of your antis.

in the case of their newcomer award, there was an article saying that BB shouldn't won that award. there were japanese fans who said that they shouldn't won that award. i think that article is somewhere here in BB thread i just can't remember.

ITA. Even since BB debut in Korea haters have always tried to tear them down saying they weren't good enough and so on....well they proved them wrong and I believe the same will happen in Japan. They may not be moving at the pace everyone "believed" they would or should but they still have plenty of time.

On Japan promotions:

I think YG did take it seriously or else why would they spend so much time and money there when they could have been selling tons of albums in Korea? I honestly think BB just need a better company/producer. Its really tough for them since in Korea GD and the rest of member will contribute to album but in Japan the oldest hyungs are still struggling on there Japanese and they really rely on the company to give them a song that fits best with the Japanese market. I like BB Japanese music but I feel like they need a change in order to take that next step.

@shinhephol:

haha, TOP does look a bit lost. GAhh!! He looks soo innocent! haha. Like a little boy. OF course he's 24 now, so I can't go around calling him little boy. haha. But he's my guilty pleasure so I can't help it. haha.

hm...random spam.

Man, I still love this performance from TOP.

top-solo-song-o.gif

And I love GD's solo performance of Lies too. hehe

gd-lies-solo-o.gif

@clinglebells

This is just my opinion and not fact...

They do have antis in Japan, cause there's antis everywhere. Not sure how prevalent they are.

So to be honest they've had a lot of missteps in Japan -some of it their/management fault and some of it unforeseen. So to sum it up, I don't think they're necessarily unpopular in Japan but they're not popular either.

*This sounds more like a lounge question but it's been a slow last few days so whatever

Sorry to cut your post but i have to agree with you on this. As for BB's management in Japan

i dont think they are under AVEX. Anyhow, im not really following extensively their activities

in Japan because it's difficult to get news when they're there. Also considering only one of them

speaks Japanese fluently does have it's disadvantage.

This is why i really want them to be back in Korea before the MAGIC wears off..I love BB and i know

they are the best group..for me that is. But i have to be practical and look at the market. They've

been away for too long already. I dont want them to be back in Korea when only the loyal of most Loyal

fans are the only ones waiting for them.

TOP definitely look

like one lost big boy in

that picture. & it seemed

to me that he is getting into specs

these days~

Oh about the japan activities,

I feel the same as hayakatsu & leslie_lei.

If YG isn't taking it seriously

how in the hell can these guys grab those

awards at those award shows in japanese?

What's more getting so much respect and love

from the japanese artistes themselves too,especially

when we are talking about a very big market

in the showbiz industry- Japan.

I feel kind of empty & a little

disappointed because everytime

I visit this thread,there are no news

about their comeback at all. All we heard

so far is some vague,blur information

from the guys instead of a hard evidence.

Come on YG,what keeps you waiting?

I bet the guys themselves are

getting all restless too,to

comeback on the stage once again.

Archived