★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest darkaz619

@kresten yeah i know i think both girl group will sell more singles than Big Bang just ignore the haters

singles

My Heaven - 37,807

Gara Gara Go!! - 27,293

Koe wo Kikasete - 34,042

Tell Me Goodbye - 38,064

album

BIGBANG + Live Tracks - 58,838

DVD

BIGBANG / ELECTRIC LOVE TOUR 2010 - 30,718

source:http://wiki.jpopstop.com/wiki/BIGBANG

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but does anyone have the video/clip of big bang performing the stand up intro, in suits, in these large metal(?) boxes stacked up on each other?

it's absolutely my favorite i've ever seen them and i hope it's not too much to ask, seeing as how everyone's currently caught up in the beautiful hangover mv craze.

hmm, the performance that you're talking about (theboys in black suit in large metal boxes) is actually the Everybody Scream intro from Remembe album.

is this the one you are talking about? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr8oHISecMI

this is the stand up intro performance though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP7KXWUXoZY

Guest GDBABYBABY

I feel bad for BIG BANG. For sure, when Kara and SNSD release their singles and they sell close, the same, or more number of singles, haters will HATE ON BB and say they are a failure.

Can someone tell me the first week sales of their 5 japanese singles and 1st japanese album?

Why did you expect too much for them?.

In japan , there're something about the sale numbers.

How much they promoted? How much they recieved the awards?

In japan music indrustry, The trend follow by the flows. The idols always recieve that much popularity and sales.

When BB boy debuted by the look of Idol-artists and lacked of promotion, They actually have a lot of royalty fans within 1 years. BB also surpassed TVXQ in the way of dubut single sales too,but everybody know that TVXQ have much more popular than BB, and they are the explorers of K-idol in japan market that is the reason why BB can easy get more popular.

BB is the second idol groups there. they gained popularity in another way. they got too much awards , make the songs in rare forms. It's so hard to get more explosive poppular if they are too indy like this , but we need their good songs , good activities and their creativity ideas which are different from another groups. why did we need to win another groups? if we all know that how cool they are.

sorry for bad eng skill ^^.

My Heaven - 37,807

Gara Gara Go!! - 27,293

Koe wo Kikasete - 34,042

Tell Me Goodbye - 38,064

thx for info of first week sales.

kara got 29K. for their debut single.

Guest Michala01

^^ 

your english is fine  smile.gif

You're right. It isn't a popularity contest. They make quality music and I prefer that to amazing album sales. 

Guest missARROGANT

^ I think is from FILA.

something about Seotaiji n BB

Seo TaiJi-Big Bang voted #1 as the combi project group which is going to be daebak

Singer Seo TaiJi and idol group Big Bang have been chosen as the combi which will be daebak if they are to join together to form a group.

A poll was done on music site Monkey 3 from 19th till 26th August on ‘Which combi will be daebak if they are to form a project group’ and Seo TaiJi-Big Bang combi was voted #1 on the poll with 42% of the votes from netizens.

poll results.

1. Seo TaiJi-Big Bang (42%)

2. Shin MinAh-Sam D (42%)

3. 2NE1 Sandara Park – Yoo SaeYoon (10%)

4. Park Myung Soo – Shin SaeKyung (6%)

S: MTStarNews

cr:kbites

Guest littlevoice

Why did you expect too much for them?.

In japan , there're something about the sale numbers.

How much they promoted? How much they recieved the awards?

In japan music indrustry, The trend follow by the flows. The idols always recieve that much popularity and sales.

When BB boy debuted by the look of Idol-artists and lacked of promotion, They actually have a lot of royalty fans within 1 years. BB also surpassed TVXQ in the way of dubuted single sales too,but everybody know that TVXQ have much more popular than BB, and they are the explorers of K-idol in japan market that is the reason why BB can easy get more popular.

BB is the second idol groups there. they gained popularity in another way. they got too much awards , make the songs in rare forms. It's so hard to get more explosive poppular if they are too indy like this , but we need their good songs , good activities and their creativity ideas which are different from another groups. why did we need to win another groups? if we all know that how cool they are.

sorry for bad eng skill ^^.

is this their first week sales?

I appreciate your comment especially since I also feel the same.

Having TOP 5 on the chart is an amazing feat, the music chart in Japan is hugely fanbased--- meaning popularity over the quality of songs. Those who actually get to the TOP of the chart have really amazing music or is used as an OST for a successful drama/movie and most of the time because of the popularity of the musician/group (especially if the group comes from Johnny's they just have a huge fanbase and they actually managed to get #1-#2-#3 best selling singles almost each year, and some of there songs are not even that good. When KAT-TUN debuted in 2006 their first single sold 1M copies and it was the best selling single for that year... and they're not even good.)

and for the issue of the girl groups outselling them, well I wouldn't be shocked if they do and allkpop/korean site write an article bringing BIGBANG's name somewhere there... but BIGBANG makes music that I can be proud and I don't get tired listening to them to the point that they just amaze me. They also manage to create new sounds that of high quality and they didn't depend on a hit song for their Major Record debut in Japan as their first single--- well that just says something, to me it does.

They will be able to convert more people to fans, slowly but surely... and those fans will be loyal once they appreciate there good music. They will get there number 1 spot on the chart if they work harder with really good music and amazing performance. I guess there always be feeling of wanting to be popular and achieving the #1...

but I for one wouldn't want them to put all there attention to Japan and just stop there Korean activities... well I'll expound on that some other time...

Oh?! BB GOING TO BE IN A DRAMA?!

o: even if it's just a minor one, i am so excited

for this! ^____^ I love it when BB acts together.

Which is why i enjoyed all their parodies and

their mini-drama too at idol world xD Keke~

And im so happy about the twitter & youtube party

yesterday! Hahaha. I gained lots of followers

because of #BeautifulHangover and met new

osm VIPs!!! *U* I am sooooo hyper yesterday.

Swear. Even tho we ddnt get to trend it on top,

VIPs who were present enjoyed so much.

Waaaah~ Other VIPs are so kind to me and

really, it's like a party xD Hahaha!

BEAUTIFUL HANGOVER IS FOREVER GONNA GIVE ME

A BEAUTIFUL HANGOVER. :] sigh. It really touched

me when I saw the "VIP, YOU GOT MY HEART."

Awwww. I'm proud to be one of their fans<3

BIGBANG FIGHTING!

Guest shinhdeplol

More photos... Is it a video chat or smt??? Like the one WGs did before???

9a57b546bd371562cefca31e.jpg

12b460d3da9f06cba1ec9c13.jpg

1cb14d491a38d16708f7ef13.jpg

C: ontamacom Twitter / BBCN // 汏爱GD @ baidu

EDIT

On baidu they said that BB is recording for a new program ^^

Photo of Big Bang and fans at the backstage of Lotte Premiere Talk Show in Seoul (100821)

20100825190546.jpg

source : naver blog

thanks to xxinyq @ baidu

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

Guest doublehh03

I feel bad for BIG BANG. For sure, when Kara and SNSD release their singles and they sell close, the same, or more number of singles, haters will HATE ON BB and say they are a failure.

Can someone tell me the first week sales of their 5 japanese singles and 1st japanese album?

It's not that they're a failure in Japan. Hello?! They scored 5 best new artist awards, and even mobilized 60,000 Japanese fans to their 6-concert tour ELT. But... It's still sad to see that they sell so few singles. TMG even sold just 4000 on the first day, if I'm not mistaken. Now, this latest single sold at most 14000. That's not really an improvement.

I SINCERELY WISH THE SALES WOULD IMPROVE. A sale of 80,000 wouldn't be so bad. I think the highest they have sold is 50,000+/-? I hope they improve! A first day sale of 30,000 is already big for me. I hope it happens someday.

TMG has sold 41k+ to date.

Guest toozdae08

^

Sales are not that bad for a rookie group. Ppl need to remember that debut album sales are usually pretty good since their Korean fans want to help them have a successful debut by buying the album, whether or not they like the song. However, you would notice the difference between My Heaven and Gara Gara Go (also promotions were short for that single because of Dae), since they they have been steady rising in terms of sales. Just like during their debut in 2006. I'm not to worried about BB, they're golden once they have that breakout hit. That was how japanese group Perfume (Who now sell several hundred thousand albums) started, only selling a few thousand and then they had that hit and now they're really popular.

Guest juang_bb

so much talk and analysis of their Japanese activites... but nobody has posted this TIME MAGAZINE article here yet?!? I know it is mainly Taeyang but Big Bang was mentioned and Taeyang is receiving worldwide recognition in this article, and he is part of Big Bang so I believe this deserves to be posted in this group thread, agree?!?

--------------

Korean Pop, with Online Help, Goes Global

As a child who used to hide from his parents to dance to cassettes of Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder, Dong Young-bae says he was too shy to tell anyone he wanted to become a famous dancer and singer. Not anymore. Today, the 22-year-old South Korean singer and dancer known Taeyang is facing the spotlight as an international pop star. Thanks in no small part to a long-standing trend in Asia that renders all things Korean cool, Taeyang is going global, riding the so-called Korean Wave all the way out west.

Better known in South Korea as the voice of the Korean boy band Big Bang, Taeyang's first solo album, "Solar," released online internationally last month, hit No. 2 on iTunes R&B sales charts in the U.S. and No. 1 in Canada — a first for an Asian artist. "In the beginning, it was hard to believe I had fans buying my album so far away," says Taeyang, which means "sun" in Korean. He says he didn't do any promotion in North America for the album, which was recorded in Korean and targeted fans in South Korea and Japan. "The world is smaller now."

(See TIME's special report "The Best of Asia 2010.")

For many artists in Korea's booming music industry, social media like YouTube and Twitter have become crucial tools to reach audiences in formerly hard-to-access markets like the U.S. and Europe. Korean artists are bypassing traditional outlets like radio and television, "aggressively steering their efforts to go international via the Internet," says Bernied Cho, president of DFSB Kollective, a Seoul-based agency specializing in international marketing of Korean pop acts. "Social-media-savvy K-pop stars are now tweeting, YouTubing and Facebooking their way up music charts across and beyond Asia."

It's working: allkpop.com, an English-language, U.S.-based Korean pop blog that caters to international fans, now generates more web traffic than any Korean music portals in South Korea. "Korean artists are now out there," says Johnny Noh, who runs the site. "People like [Korean artists] and want to know more about them." The blog's monthly readers more than doubled in the past year, from one million in 2009 to 2.2 million today.

DFSB Kollective was the first company to begin direct distribution of Korean music acts on iTunes in 2009. It began with more than 50 Korean artists in alternative, hip-hop and electronica music genres; now, there are hundreds of Korean artists available in the online music store. Within a few hours of the Aug. 25 iTunes release of Solar International, an extended version of Taeyang's album that includes English versions of his singles, the album was at No. 3 in Japan, No. 5 in Canada, No. 11 in the U.S. and No. 15 in Australia on iTunes' R&B/Soul album chart. It will only hit on-the-ground music stores in the U.S. and Canada later, and no release date has even been set for Asian markets. It's the first time a South Korean album has been promoted offshore and online exclusively through social media groups, according to YG Entertainment, Taeyang's Korean R&B and hip hop label.

People in the Korean music industry are watching and learning. YG Entertainment also plans to release the first album of girl group 2NE1 internationally and offshore. The group became famous after releasing the single "Lollipop," with Big Bang, which was featured in an LG cell-phone ad campaign last year. Since then, 2NE1's international exposure — particularly in the U.S. — has been growing. Black Eyed Peas producer Will.i.am saw one of their videos on YouTube and immediately wanted to work with them, says Choi Sung-jun, chief operations officer at YG Entertainment. They have been collaborating for the past couple months in Los Angeles and London.

K-pop's online buzz has also become a way for artists to make a name for themselves at home. Kim Yeo-hee, 22, became a YouTube star last March when she posted three videos under the name Apple Girl. In her first video, Kim played music with the applications of four Apple iphones and sang Beyonce's "Irreplaceable." Two days later she became the most searched word in all major Korean web search engines. In May, Kim released her debut digital mini-album and is preparing a new single for release in September; she went from making music on iPhones to selling her own music on iTunes in less than six months. "I wanted to become the Korean version of Justin Bieber," says Kim. "But I never imagined so many people could be interested in what I do."

Of course, once you get your face known overseas, you still have to control your image. On a day in late August, Taeyang was working nonstop at the YG studio in Seoul to get ready for his upcoming concert that will be streamed live on YouTube. The young celebrity massaged his shoulder, yawned and, with bags under his eyes, looked through the photos that will appear on his new album. He frowned at an image of himself in which his well-groomed goatee had been photoshopped out. "Call the printer and tell them to change the picture," he told the designer. He gestured to the photo of his digitally clean-shaven face. "I want to look a bit tough," he said. "In the U.S., like this, they'll think I'm too nice."

source: TIME

^41,000..it's the first week sale and not to date^^

hmm..people at it

hmm..people at it

hmm..people at it

hmm..people at it again..popularity n popularity

i'm not trying to argue or wish you guys feel the same as me..i just want to say what I feel

i'm contented with their popularity in Japan

of course i wish they will be more popular in Japan

but still the sales have been consistent

even though

-less promotion

-their music is different from mainstream jpop

-they're newcomer they just celebrated their 1st Japan Anni 2 months ago

-they always in top 5 in itunes chart in Japan

n i'm a person who don't care with what haters want to say..haters only make you mad,then why bother

that's why I come to this thread bc I want to meet people who love BB and to get update of the boys and not because I want to know what the haters say

Oricon Chart-Beautiful Hangover

1st day sales (25th)-13813 copies

2nd day sales (26th)-6440 copies

Total Sales:

1)関ジャニ∞ - 189863 copies

2)桑田佳祐 - 62667 copies

3)氷川きよし - 35259 copies

4)AKB48 - 27796 copies

5)ゆず - 26992 copies

6)BigBang - 26992 copies

7)はんにゃ, フルーツポンチ -14980 copies

source:oricon

cr:ustan777

Guest shinhdeplol

^ so technically they are still #5 ^^

and uhmm Alla, there was smt wrong with your post :( The texts are repeated multiple times...

- - -

39 gifs from Beautiful Hangover MV. Click the thumbnails to view and save ^^

beautifulhangover01.th.gifbeautifulhangover02.th.gifbeautifulhangover03.th.gif

beautifulhangover04.th.gifbeautifulhangover05.th.gifbeautifulhangover06.th.gifbeautifulhangover07.th.gif

beautifulhangover08.th.gifbeautifulhangover09.th.gifbeautifulhangover10.th.gifbeautifulhangover11.th.gif

beautifulhangover12.th.gifbeautifulhangover13.th.gifbeautifulhangover14.th.gifbeautifulhangover15.th.gif

beautifulhangover31.th.gifbeautifulhangover32.th.gifbeautifulhangover33.th.gifbeautifulhangover34.th.gif

beautifulhangover35.th.gifbeautifulhangover36.th.gifbeautifulhangover37.th.gifbeautifulhangover38.th.gif

beautifulhangover39.th.gifbeautifulhangover16.th.gifbeautifulhangover17.th.gifbeautifulhangover18.th.gif

beautifulhangover19.th.gifbeautifulhangover20.th.gifbeautifulhangover21.th.gifbeautifulhangover22.th.gif

beautifulhangover23.th.gifbeautifulhangover24.th.gifbeautifulhangover25.th.gifbeautifulhangover26.th.gif

beautifulhangover27.th.gifbeautifulhangover28.th.gifbeautifulhangover29.th.gifbeautifulhangover30.th.gif

C: undistanced @ kpop_gifs

Random photos of BIGBANG

20100822200200.jpg

20100822203411.jpg

20100823192429.jpg

thanks to xxinyq @ baidu

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

20100825190923.jpg

Sources: BBCN via 小小的咿咿 @ baidu + Cyworld/Naver blogs via xxinyq @ baidu

shared by Vic @ bigbangupdates

Guest juang_bb

thanks ALLA for the numbers. I believe BH sold more than TMG on it's first day, probably the first 2 days... so that's a good sign.

edit: i did check it, and yeah BH is selling more than TMG based on the first 2 days of sales. BH sold a few thousand more than TMG on its first day. it's just that, artists that came out with BH sells more as compared to the artists that came out at the same time as TMG.

anyway yeah, i think everytime they release a single in Japan, we're just going round and round with the same discussion. I think we've already established, and i think everyone will agree, that unless they do some major changes with the way they're promoting in Japan, we won't be seeing any major changes with their sales too. I personally am just happy that at least, they're progressing, even though it's just small steps. I am happy that although their sales are not shooting up, it is on an upward trend. we'll get there one day, now... let the boys focus on going back to Korea and make that comeback an EPIC one!

the new program (i think japanese program yeah?) that they are filming will be aired on September 13th :]

that (the prgram - photos posted on previous page) looks alot like fun, hope to see more dorky moments from the boys.

thx bigbanghaven.blogspot.com for the info

another bigshow clip

BB BigShow 2010 - Pretend to be Unconcerned

thx IceAlarcon @ YT for the upload

Archived