★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest omgshinshin

Being ATOP the physical sales speaks much of the effect of having a huge fandom. But a casual listener would most likely download it digitally. So I think shattering the digital charts (including iTunes; not to mention that BB is a Korean group) cannot be done by the VIPs alone. It means that the songs in the mini are all well received by the GENERAL PUBLIC.

People are entitled to different opinions regarding the album. So we should stop focusing our attention on what others has to say about it cause if you truly love the album then other opinions will not really affect you at all.

Actually, Big Bang is a rare case in which the general Korean public actually likes the music. Many might think that Kpop is so huge in Korea but in reality, it isn't. It just seems so big to the international fans because that's what's highlighted to us. Actually, in Korea, regular people doesn't care much for idols and actually don't think too good of them. However, Big Bang has broken the barriers set by the word 'idol' and have transcended prejudices that idols are just pretty faces given songs to sing and concepts to portray.

I know many international kpop fans say that, "So what? Big Bang writes their own songs, so what?"

But to the Koreans, this is a mark of the true 'revolution of idol'.

They're well respected not only by the teens who skip school just to see their 'oppas'; but also by the mothers who want their children to be inspired by Big Bang, by the workers who listen to Big bang songs to be more productive during work, and by the many others who appreciates them as musicians and not just mere marketing goods.

I think even as fans, we should care about what others think of the album. We should never just blindly follow Big Bang, we must also read and reach out to see what other people think of it. As much as we want to be objective with our reviews with the songs, we have also been subjective in the sense that we love their style already. What about the people who never even liked Big Bang's style? What do they think? It's good to be exposed to different views.

However, while reading, one must be able to hold his own opinion and not be swayed by what others think. Some liked the album but after reading negative reviews they might dislike it - that's an insult to his own self. Weigh the opposing sides but be able to hold onto your own opinion.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I sound like such an arrogant cocky elitist VIP.

well, I've been waiting for 2 years and 3 months, man.

this comeback still has me on a high.

THAT MAKES THE TWO OF US DEAR don't worry. I am still on a high too. I think I watched the COMEBACK special more than 7 times already yesterday [ it's already Tuesday here ] and the feeling of being awed still hasn't changed nor dwindle at all.

Guest kresten

@omgshinshin and missarrogant, thanks for thumbing me up. People didn't like my pessimism. Anyway, GOOD JOB K-VIPs!!! That is seriously awesome. I hope the i-VIPs who purchased through online sites also got counted, so that we can all proudly say that WE DID IT!!!

Anyone with updates on online charts? Today is day 5 right? hope BB is still all-kill. BB is a clear winner this week, HANDS DOWN! They have both digital and album sales SCRATCH THAT, HUGE DIGITAL SALES and MASSIVE ALBUM SALES to back them up. So Music Bank PD, better make a calculated and objective decision this week, OR A HAVOC WILL OCCUR c/o VIPs.

whoaa soompi's launched a 24hr MV live broadcasting channel!

http://bit.ly/hIlQpp

Check it out

this SoompiTV is still a test channel, so the show will be there on and off.

we are planning on livestreaming all the SOOMPI exlcusive videos through this channel soon.  :)

Guest mrs.kwon

@omgshinshin. Its true that It's good to be exposed to different views. But I dont like allkpop bcuz allmost all their article about bigbang and other artists. What I hate about kpop is fanwar, really its ridic, stupid culture and annoying. crazy.gifcrazy.gif ITS NOT FUN anymore. And this site focus on that, so i really dont believe AKP

Guest LaeLa_is_DeAd

I just read the akp reviews and I guess somehow, the writer was right. But, he did it too excessively. I myself, was expecting a lot and the first time I heard the tracks of the new album, I also thought something was missing. And the review just nailed it. I personally adore haru haru and lies, there's something in it that I can't find in the new EP. But, the writer must also point out that the new songs are good, too (and also the bests-all bb songs are the bests); just as much as he excessively pointed out what was missing. I mean, it wasn't a complete valid review. Anyway, no one can deny that among the singers out there in kpop, BIGBANG HAS THE BEST STAGES! (Can't wait for the next stages of Tonight, BIGBANG SHOW didn't do justice. The camera's moving too much!) And I LOVE BIGBANG. That's what matters most.

HURR! :wub: OHHH?! I topped a page?! :w00t: Awright! I want to make this post special because it's my first time to post a really long note. But, I don't know how soompi really works. So, maybe next time. Sorry, guys! Peace yah! BB HWAITING! :D

Guest omgshinshin

I'd just like to say that I am so happy that everyone cares so much about Big Bang's music.

MUSIC.

That in itself says a lot. Positive or negative comments, it means a lot to Big Bang as musicians.

Guest shinhdeplol

I think this is the backstage of BIG SHOW?

7f37d211f60b319dc2fd781.jpg

15d28bfd97d24e625d60081.jpg

f7db7514fd744b524b90a71.th.jpg0e5db1b7ce1bdc208ad4b21.th.jpg742f05058863f8280308811.th.jpga9a8cbefad0ca36e2797911.th.jpgb2340824c3270550908f9d1.th.jpgbaaccd1d8f240f4c4034171.th.jpg

91cbe110c3d09083f6039e1.th.jpgb5376aeac8f7d36cb90e2d1.th.jpgb596a0105ca3fb70dc54011.th.jpg0135d818cfa60a4a8718bf1.th.jpg

OMG TOP looks so cute laughing :wub:

Source: THE TOP ❤ 崔胜铉中文网 choiseunghyun.cn

Shared by: junangel @ baidu

12303977.jpg

65414674.jpg

12989092362011030101071.jpg

12989092382011030101071.jpg

12989094232011030101102.jpg

75795673.jpg

62644998.jpg

C: 커키

Guest foxyapple

many thanks semi-fly. i was looking all over for this.

I am not a Big Bang fan. and have never heard of their songs before and will try to get all their albums/concerts from myeong dong. however, I happen to like Top. he is quite pretty.

cheers!

So I think shattering the digital charts (including iTunes; not to mention that BB is a Korean group) cannot be done by the VIPs alone. It means that the songs in the mini are all well received by the GENERAL PUBLIC.

People are entitled to different opinions regarding the album. So we should stop focusing our attention on what others have to say about it cause if you truly love the album then other opinions will not really affect you at all.

wow! cheers to all VIPs!

if BB lose in MuBank this week, then MB might as well say goodbye to what's left of its credibility.

THIS.PLEASE!

thank you very MUCH syao_sid!

Their songs are well received by the general public and scrutinized by a small group

of people who either hates them,criticizes so hard or just dont give them a chance

at all. Luckily for this minority they are often too loud to make an impression.

Same w/ this thread, a few seems to want BIGBANG to succeed in order to put other

groups/fandoms down. Though i have only STAN Bigbang this upsets me because

I am never delighted to see such remark/s coming from a VIP.

As for ALLKPOP review,i respect his opinion. He did gave some positive points but

unfortunately the Mini Album isnt his cup of tea. We can all argue or agree to this

at some point but that will never change his stand on the album. In this scenario

we just have to accept the fact not only critics can say this but to some extent

there are VIPS not liking a few songs or an album per se.

I like what Syao Sid said

So we should stop focusing our attention on what others have to say about it cause if you truly love the album then other opinions will not really affect you at all.

This doesnt mean we really go focus on BIGBANG only and not consider what other people/critics

have to say but instead absorb the criticism w/ a clear head and maybe think of ways

how BB can improve more.

Keep your cool VIPS...we are known to be have THAT edge over others.

lastly may i say...

PROPS TO SOOMPI for being NEUTRAL....YG made the right choice bringing BigBang comeback special HERE!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

26 hrs left for the Big Bang Contest, great entries already!

Make sure you post your entries on or before March 1, 2011 @ 12AM PST

*I am currently editing some posts (font and color) specially the ones w/ Video links

so that it can be seen easily.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

==============================================

Guest juang_bb

US VIPS!!! UNIQLO started selling the BIGBANG COLLECTION today, just a reminder. if you are not living in NYC, you can call 1-877-486-4756 or email customer.orders@uniqlo-usa.com your orders and they are able to ship it anywhere in the US.

only 1 style is left for the hoodies and 3 styles left for the shirts! i was told that the rest just got sold out in the store. so if you're interested, please make your orders now coz it's running out FAST!

Archived