★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

we are so lucky to have a 1 hour special for their comeback!

after 2 long years of waiting and now that they are already back, I do not know how can I express the happiness that I am feeling right now. They never fail me to give goosebumps everytime they give a performance whether if their going solo or as a duo!

Dae oppa is so handsome! blush.gif

that SG parody that they did was DDAEBBAKK!!

GD slamming the guitar and those awesome glowing in the dark mic stands!

YB acting improved, Dae's smell! LOL! Maknae.TOP kiss, GD.TOP kiss, and me.TOP kiss? (in my dreams! :sweatingbullets: )

CONGRATULATIONS! BIGBANG FIGHTING! :wub:

(BIGBANGPH is doing a great job! I am so Proud!)

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mrs.kwon

Once again allkpop, thats all. I dont believe allkpop at all, they are so provocative and always make a fanwar. Since GD accident i never read allkpop anymore, but whatever..

I wondering howmuch girlfriend did GD have. :rolleyes:

Guest indianbread

^ Just read the review from allkpop. I don't mean to sound like a biased fan but I really don't agree. I agree that Daesung has far too little parts in the song, and I'm pretty disappointed about that because he's the only one who hasn't been able to have solo musical opportunities. I find that the review seems to assert that big bang is lacking the synergy effect that they once had because they don't "sing together"--watching the live, this is definitely not the case. In fact, I'm really liking how they changed it up. In the old songs, you can sort of predict who will sing what part and when and usually, after GD's rap would come Taeyang's vocal etc etc. They completely mixed it up and I think this new interlacing of vocal/rap vocal/vocal shows that they're more united as a group. That's my opinion at least.

I stand by YG's decision to let the individual members explore their potential through solo work. I think this is the crucial factor to them being able to continue to evolve and mature musically. I'm glad that they're not the typical idol group. I'm looking forward to the day that we see all the members contribute equally to an album. Maybe the fact that GD is the main producer and inevitable creates music that is more appropriate and fitting for his own style, creates a sense of disunity... I don't know.

I'm actually pretty annoyed about the review. I don't mean to be superficial but I'm sort of offended that they only rated the album 3.9 when they rated rooke album's (which in my opinion lacked musical maturity) 4.0, 4.6... I don't understand that. Perhaps they were just provoking VIPs to comment some more. Allkpop ruins my mood all the time.

I'm writing this while being half asleep so I hope it makes sense!

I agree with you about the review. Although everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, I found that some of the comments made by the reviewer were untactful and uninformed. Despite trying to keep an open mind I was quite upset after reading that review. I felt as if the author had only listened to the album ONCE and based their opinion merely on that. Furthermore, they left out ONE WHOLE SONG (What Is Right) - which is a significant number considering the album only has 5 full songs. I'm sure many listeners enjoy listening to that song as much a I do. Also, I felt the review for Somebody to Love and Hands Up was unfair. They brushed the songs off merely because they are remakes. If they review an album, they should take into account ALL The songs, and treat the remakes in the same manner as all the other songs, because those songs do contribute to the album.

I'm tired of reading comments that compare Big Bang's new songs to Lies and Haru Haru, and seeing it on an actual review read by many Kpop listeners is irritating to say the least. Big Bang are ARTISTS. One of the reasons I admire them is that their music is diverse. It covers many genres and is constantly changing and evolving. They always deliver something new to listeners. While waiting for their new mini album to be released I was anticipating and wondering what kind of music they will bring to us next - I like that feeling of excitement, of not knowing what to expect. Big Bang is one of the few, if not the only group, whose music can make me feel that way. I like that they don't pump out similar sorts of songs over and over again. 

Like with all their past albums, at first I thought the album was good but because it was different to their previous works, it took more than 1 listen to grow on me. But the more I listen to it, the more I love it. Tonight is an instant hit, but Cafe and What is Right definitely shows Big Bang's maturity as both men and artists and can take a few listens to appreciate. I like that they deviated from electropop and introduced a bit of rock and jazz/blues. The final result is both mature and sophisticated.

As for the comments in the review regarding lack of synergy, sparks, and dynamics - I beg to differ. I think it's great that even when performing as a group each member's individuality shines through, and mesh together so well. There's nothing interesting about a group of 5 clones right? I think they've all improved and grown as artists and if anything the synergy and harmonization is even better than before. Maybe the writer mistook GD as the sole singer of the choruses for Cafe (I know I did before I saw the live), but that just shows how well G-Dragon, Taeyang and Seungri's vocals blend in together. In terms of harmonizing with one another they've definitely improved.

Even though Somebody to Love and Hands Up are remakes and may not be a favourite amongst listeners, Big Bang did say they enjoy performing those songs (in an article I read but have forgotten the source) and it's evident when they perform them live, so we should respect their decision as to what songs they decide to remake and/or include in their album. 

Despite having an intro and only 3 new but AWESOME songs, I'm glad Big Bang are back. With Big Bang's music, it's about QUALITY not QUANTITY. I'd rather wait 2 years and listen to 3 new awesome songs than listen to a bunch of mediocre songs released in the span of a few months.

Guest kresten

K-Chart prediction

* Digital Sales Chart (Digital Chart + Mobile Chart) *

1. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun) (3420 + 4490) = (Approx 7910 Points)

2. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU) (4027 + 2398) = (Approx 6425 Points)

3. Tonight (Big Bang) (3077 + 2540) = (Approx 5617 Points)

4. Black and White (G.na) (2699 + 1843) = (Approx 4542 Points)

5. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth) (2637 + 1615) = (Approx 4252 Points)

6. Good Day (IU) (1495 + 1599) = (Approx 3094 Points)

7. Shy Boy (Secret) (1845 + 1116) = (Approx 2961 Points)

* Viewer Preference Chart (Referenced past scores) *

1. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU) (1200 Points)

2. Good Day (IU) (700 Points)

3. Shy Boy (Secret) (600 Points)

4. Black and White (G.na) (500 Points)

5. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun) (250 Points)

6. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth) (250 Points)

7. Tonight (Big Bang) (0 Points)

* Album Chart (Based on : Hanteo, Referenced : Hot Tracks/Shinnara) *

1. Tonight (Big Bang) (10000 Points)

2. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU) (865 Points)

3. Good Day (IU) (411 Points)

4. Black and White (G.na) (106 Points)

5. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun) (39 Points)

6. Shy Boy (Secret) (0 Points)

7. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth) (0 Points)

* Broadcast Chart (Referenced : Chart Korea/Air Monitor) * (Large margin of error)

1. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU) (2815 Points)

2. Shy Boy (Secret) (2635 Points)

3. Black and White (G.na) (2110 Points)

4. Good Day (IU) (2060 Points)

5. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun) (1975 Points)

6. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth) (1665 Points)

7. Tonight (Big Bang) (645 Points)

* Total Predicted Chart (Digital Chart + Preference Chart + Album Chart + Broadcast Chart) *

1. Tonight (Big Bang) (5617 + 0 + 10000 + 645) = (Total 16262 Points)

2. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU) (6425 + 1200 + 865 + 2815) = (Total 11305 Points)

3. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun) (7910 + 250 + 39 + 1975) = (Total 10174 Points)

4. Black and White (G.na) (4542 + 500 + 106 + 2110) = (Total 7258 Points)

5. Good Day (IU) (3094 + 700 + 411 + 2060) = (Total 6265 Points)

6. Shy Boy (Secret) (2961 + 600 + 0 + 2635) = (Total 6196 Points)

7. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth) (4252 + 250 + 0 + 1665) = (Total 6167 Points)

cr: shn0718@Hanteo

shared by: flibbertigibbet@6theory

Big Bang's scores are only half-week worth since they released the album and song on a Thursday (MuBank week starts on Mondays)

Sales update on Hanteo (shared by: flibbertigibbet@6theory) is 88K as of 11:30pm KST.

Guest last_farewell

it has just occured to me that in the parody there wasnt any scene showing g raim with seungska's sock?

if i'm not worng, it was shown in the concert right?

Guest kresten

Big Bang is being butchered in AKP and 6theory. I think the consensus is unclear, there is a mixed review from the general Kpop international community. Didn't expect this, because I personally thought the album rocked. I expected HIGH EXPECTATIONS from people, but when I heard the entire mini, all my doubts were shattered because I thought they really delivered. iVIPs rejoiced in Big Bang's allkpop article and we even reached 8k comments overnight. 90% or so of those comments loved the album, and so I really honestly thought people loved it. Then I read forums in 6theory and the review from Seoulbeats and now akp's review. To each his own, I guess.

Guest doublehh03

for people who are talking about the allkpop review, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. just b/c we are VIPs don't mean we can't accept criticism.

1) i'm from america and when i bought my copy on itunes, it was over 1000+ reviews. and it is still 5/5 stars. so US VIPs love it. big bang's sound has always been friendly to westerners so i wasn't surprised.

2) kvips love it for sure.

i think their problem is that there are only 3 new songs after 2 years of absence, which is fine. but for allkpop to not even review what is right?, well it's not a complete review then.

keep up the good work. there will always be critics. you can neve satisfy everyone.

Guest shinhdeplol

Sponsor Goods/Display @ Big Show 2011

57069059.jpg

sp2g.jpg

sp3p.jpg

sp4r.jpg

From Me2Day booth.

sp5w.jpg

From G-Market booth.

sp6g.jpg

From FILA booth.

Source: as tagged

Shared by tisya @ bigbangupdates

Guest missARROGANT

^^^^

lol I don’t love the album because I am a VIP

it is all about personal preferences

plus most ppl who write reviews are neither musician nor critics

everyone has entitled to their opinions and, I am not gonna bother by this

BB's mini 4 today's sales is 58,642, total is 88,011 !!!!

WOW!!!!they will reach 100k soon!!!!daebak!!*quoted image*

Cr from DCGD

Tmr is public holiday(Independence day) in Korea so the sales might not be very good

Hopefully they will hit 100k by the end of the week

V I thumbed her up as well

Guest omgshinshin

I think I'm having way too much fun in the allkpop comments again.

I know you guys tend to stray away from there because of the amount of haters present in that side of the kpop world but it's seriously fun! So much idiots and douchebags all over. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, yes? it's highly amusing though. It doesn't bother me at all, haha. All in good fun.

Anyways, let's try and see how MuBank will get through with this one. No mutizen for GDTOP and Seungri? Cool. How about Big Bang? None still? Cool.

So how will they keep with their image of being 'fair' now?

I wonder how all of those people winning would feel when they know the trophy doesn't belong to them. And I wonder how those who won while GDTOP and Seungri were promoting felt knowing...

Well, I'll just wait for MuBank's move :)

//// EDIT

lol, I sound like such an arrogant cocky elitist VIP.

well, I've been waiting for 2 years and 3 months, man.

this comeback still has me on a high.

@kresten why did you have -2? I thumbed you up so you know got -1, I'm confused.

Guest syao_sid

Being ATOP the physical sales speaks much of the effect of having a huge fandom. But a casual listener would most likely download it digitally. So I think shattering the digital charts (including iTunes; not to mention that BB is a Korean group) cannot be done by the VIPs alone. It means that the songs in the mini are all well received by the GENERAL PUBLIC.

People are entitled to different opinions regarding the album. So we should stop focusing our attention on what others have to say about it cause if you truly love the album then other opinions will not really affect you at all.

back to business..

just had to say that the BIG BANG SHOW is DAEBAK! The performances are exceptional and I have been raping the replay button. LOL

and the Secret Big Bang parody is their best yet. Too many highlights/memorable moments. I'm a big fan of the drama so to see them reenact the characters I love to watch almost made me die from laughter. :lol:

<G-DRAGON & T.O.P 1st album 집계> <BIGBANG 4th mini album >

날짜 /일일판매량/누적판매량 ♪일일판매/누적판매

110224/ 00,216장/ 66,059장▶09주(01,169장)♪ 05,731장/ 05,731장♪

110225/ 00,457장/ 66,516장 ♪ 12,449장/ 18,180장♪

110226/ 00,261장/ 66,777장 ♪ 08,623장/ 26,803장♪

110227/ 00,187장/ 66,964장 ♪ 02,566장/ 29,369장♪

110228/ 00,603장/ 67,567장 ♪ 58,642장/ 88,011장♪

source: DCGD

wow! cheers to all VIPs!

if BB lose in MuBank this week, then MB might as well say goodbye to what's left of its credibility.

Archived