★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest sakime-yong

^ I don't think that he/she has a bad comments for BB or KPOP. It is just that he/she stated her opinion. And just like others or me that Im not into KPOP before but I started listening and acknowledge them because of BIGBANG :wub:

Im also an anti KPOP before because I didn't like it and I like VK jrock before :D.

AND WOW that is why I love BIGBANG SONGS AND LYRICS. IF YOU WILL TRY TO ANALYZE IT it has a Deep and maeningful meaning. NOT JUST A SINGLE MEANING THO.

Kay guys!!!! Ill hope we keep this thread moving fast and alive and will have so many post

BB FIGHTING!

:P

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jei1430280629

I don't really understand why ppl still remember things in past and want something like "Lies", "Haru Haru"... for this album. I don't say that those songs are bad or something like that. They're the greatest songs I've ever heard in Kpop. They made Big Bang's fame. Yeah I agree. But I don't want such music for this album at all. You know, music is like fashion. If you create a trend, you shouldn't keep wearing such clothes for a long time or you will be forgot. For me, if they released something like thier old music, they would always be an old-Big Bang that had nothing new and couldn't develop.

I may have said something negative but for me, music isn't something you can just walk in the same way all the time

Guest sakime-yong

^ WOw same as me. I also find some fans who didnt get atracted to kpop before but BB made them into it :wub:

Im not into KPOP before but I started listening and acknowledge them because of BIGBANG :wub:

Im also an anti KPOP before because I didn't like it and I like VK jrock before :D.

AND WOW that is why I love BIGBANG SONGS AND LYRICS. IF YOU WILL TRY TO ANALYZE IT it has a Deep and maeningful meaning. NOT JUST A SINGLE MEANING THO.

why is it so tense here you guys? if the boys do read or visit this thread, they should see us spazzing & being excited. it's not fun to disagree with each other and prove our point mellow.gif let's just enjoy big bang's music!!!

i thought this was pretty neat LOL. 

tumblrlh882gkmwg1qa3jc8.jpg

tumblrlh8827uzbx1qa3jc8.jpg

source as tagged

also, "Cafe" passed "Tonight" on cyworld! i loved "Cafe" and it's probably my favorite song from the album, but i just think it's interesting when a song other than the title track is #1 sweatingbullets.gif "What Is Right" is also at #6. 

81247995.jpg

Guest doublehh03

If you were against kpop at that time. What were you into? Theres lots of real music out there thats korean. Lots of great underground stuff. Top was doing underground stuff when BB first got started. 

uh, i'm from america so i listened to american music. i was averse to other countries' music for the most part. and no, not a lot of korean music are "real" that appeals to me.

lies is a really heartfelt song, but sung with a great melody and great production. and the production of the song is very westernized. it wasn't your typical cutesy or type of songs that are just meant to be choreographed to like most kpop songs. i like that they make their OWN music, not have music being "made" for them like 99% of groups out there.

like i said, i didn't know much about kpop. and big bang is basically the only kpop group i listen to for the most part.

but whatever, nobody needs to justify why they like bb. let's just agree to disagree

Guest sweetflower

Petty arguments are petty cause everyone has different taste in music; however, it is a FACT that Lies brought them fame - no one can argue against this.  The reason I come to respect BB as artists is because whether it's hip-hop BB or electro-pop fused BB - they offered a wide range of music genres suited for everyone's tastes. 

However, I don't see, hope, or expect BB to revert back to their hip-hop roots.  From 2006 to now, they are constantly experimenting and innovating their music and styles - that's why we get music like Lie/HH, Last Farewell, Sunset Glow, Oh My Friends, Look At Me Gwisoon.  People complained that they want the 'old' BB back, but just ask yourself, would BB still be interesting if they keep releasing the same type of songs like Lie/HH?  

I can honestly say that I would have left the fandom a long time ago if BB did that - this is why Haru Haru is not my favorite song because it's Lie v2.0.  This is true across all idol groups - repeating their past hits, but not knowing when to stop (ex. SJ's Sorry Sorry vs. Bonama, 2pm's AAA vs Heartbeat vs I'll Be There, WonderGirls retro concept) - the songs became redundant and boring.  GD recognized this since he did say that BB's last 2 albums were not their bests.   

Seeing this, I can say that I'm proud that BB are always trying to move forward or mix it up a little in every album.  And what's so great to me about TONIGHT is that TONIGHT is a fusion of genres from all their past hits (LaLaLa, Lies, Last Farewell, Beautiful Hangover) - all the elements coming together into one song. 

Guest GDBABYBABY

3/ Cafe

I was really angry about this song. It’s like Tae & SR were never there. Why YG let SR sing only 1 line ? It’s more like another version of G-TOP’s Baby good night, but faster. It’s G-TOP written all over the song. I’m sr to say that I’m a little tired of GD’s nasal voice, it’s OK when he raps but not for his singing, and it’s since Heartbreaker’s days til now. C’on, I know you can do better than that BB, since Tae said “there’re differences between now and before”. Idk, I just don’t want GD sings the chorus in nasal voice when it’s supposed to be Tae & Dae’s parts, he can do it in his next solo album but this is BB, so plz don’t, and YG already said this album has no solo song, but why make it looks like G-TOP outshines the rest of them ?

Well, look at the bright side, I like how they describe the scene and the girl. It’s more like a girl “you can look but don’t touch” than a girl who you miserably have a crush on. You like her but you stop right there, you can’t go further because she’s so pure and strong. The song is like a feeling of tasting a cup of coffee in the morning, the girl is the coffee’s scent, you smell it, drink it, it comes down to your throat then you can “feel” the rest of the scent in your throat, and you have to take it slow to fully enjoy it.

I like how Dae starts his part, it’s a little jazz right ? Idk much about jazz >_< Oh and his ablibs at the end, Dae is sure never disappointes me.

When I listen to Japanese's song like Stay, Tell me goodbye , Let me hear your voice . TOP and GD sing only 1 line and it's just a little bit like nothing happen. but u know? I never rant anything like 'Why?? Why it's just 1 line. U r composer , lyricist , Leader or etc. But I think it's suit the song. They can't equalize to five pieces but I know they try to match it as much as they can. Cafe's full of falsetto Notes, I heard that SR trained it recently and as I heard he sang, it's incompletely flawless. seem like this note dosen't suit him.

I don't know why people always rant about something like this? is it bcuz of BIGBANG did the solo and the fans separated?

Guest doublehh03

Petty arguments are petty cause everyone has different taste in music; however, it is a FACT that Lies brought them fame - no one can argue against this.  The reason I come to respect BB as artists is because whether it's hip-hop BB or electro-pop fused BB - they offered a wide range of music genres suited for everyone's tastes. 

However, I don't see, hope, or expect BB to revert back to their hip-hop roots.  From 2006 to now, they are constantly experimenting and innovating their music and styles - that's why we get music like Lie/HH, Last Farewell, Sunset Glow, Oh My Friends, Look At Me Gwisoon.  People complained that they want the 'old' BB back, but just ask yourself, would BB still be interesting if they keep releasing the same type of songs like Lie/HH?  

I can honestly say that I would have left the fandom a long time ago if BB did that - this is why Haru Haru is not my favorite song because it's Lie v2.0.  This is true across all idol groups - repeating their past hits, but not knowing when to stop (ex. SJ's Sorry Sorry vs. Bonama, 2pm's AAA vs Heartbeat vs I'll Be There, WonderGirls retro concept) - the songs became redundant and boring.  GD recognized this since he did say that BB's last 2 albums were not their bests.   

Seeing this, I can say that I'm proud that BB are always trying to move forward or mix it up a little in every album.  And what's so great to me about TONIGHT is that TONIGHT is a fusion of genres from all their past hits (LaLaLa, Lies, Last Farewell, Beautiful Hangover) - all the elements coming together into one song. 

+1, basically what i want to say. big bang is great not b/c they're only talented, but they're always striving to be better than what they did before. each member basically has their own musical tastes, and if you're stuck with just one genre, the members may not be able to grow into who they are today.

and the examples you mentioned are perfect (i may include snsd songs like gee v. oh). those groups only make music b/c their agencies want to cater to fans so they can sell.

i respect big bang b/c they are the only group that determines what they want to produce and put out there. they make music b/c they love what they do. and you can see that b/c they're involved in their music production, and they want to grow.

like you, lies was the song that got me into their music. but i wouldn't want a lies part 3 with this one. and i'm sure their album later this year will offer something new also.

Guest peppermintsugar

We can just agree to disagree. I loved them since 06 seems like you just came when they got popular.

Don't come in here attacking anyones sense of fandom, alright? Debate is fine, but don't talk down to someone just because they heard something later than you did. I didn't start listening to them until mid 2010, like, I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about when and where I'm exposed to music lol it's just ridiculous to hold that against someone. Try to keep that in mind.

This should go as a general reminder to everyone: There's nothing wrong with debate whatsoever, but do be attentive and choose your words carefully. There's a lot of comparing fans to other fans in this fandom as it is and it's sickening, let's try to keep it out of this thread. Fans are fans, no ones better than anyone else. Play nice.

Guest shinhdeplol

All the arguments aside, I have some sort of good news for you all :P

daesung 'll have a sexy bed scene in "TONIGHT MV" OMGGGG http://tinyurl.com/6kxb2gd

C: DliteLover @ twitter

OMG YES!!!!!

Guest shinhdeplol

Brian oppa is going to BIG SHOW tonight :w00t:

going to the BIG BANG Concert later tonight... Excited for my hip hopping brothas~ 있다가 빅뱅 콘서트 보러갑니다... 항상 기대되는 후배들이죠 ㅋㅋ 화이팅^^

Omg Daesung in a bed scene!! THANK YOU YG  :w00t: Must see this MV!!!

Don't come in here attacking anyones sense of fandom, alright? Debate is fine, but don't talk down to someone just because they heard something later than you did. I didn't start listening to them until mid 2010, like, I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about when and where I'm exposed to music lol it's just ridiculous to hold that against someone. Try to keep that in mind.

This should go as a general reminder to everyone: There's nothing wrong with debate whatsoever, but do be attentive and choose your words carefully. There's a lot of comparing fans to other fans in this fandom as it is and it's sickening, let's try to keep it out of this thread. Fans are fans, no ones better than anyone else. Play nice.

I really was not going to say anything because I'm sick of this endless debate of old and new Big Bang but I agree that was condescending to bring up when someone became a VIP

Look a VIP is a VIP no matter if you were there on DAY 1 or Just today.

Guest juang_bb

they're doing great here in Korea

so everything will be fine

maybe there is some problem with hanteo like what kvips believe

bc wherever i pass by music store,everyone is holding bigbang CD & poster

& BB/GD&TOP/Seungri songs are played everywhere

& you barely can't hear other groups songs being played

so less argument is good for everyone & enjoy their comeback

bc I really want to more performances of the new songs

they're so addicting i was like I want more everytime the performance ended

people still love & remember them & no they're not forgotten at all :]

THANK YOU! i dont even know how i missed your post when i first read the previous page. I hope everyone can just sit back, relax and enjoy the comeback. The comeback special is in less than 9 hrs. Lets focus on that and stop arguing for now. Arguments and worries here tend to rub off and bring down the mood of others. Anyway, thanks again @alla for this nice and brief fan account. Have fun watching the last day of the concert, aight? I heard weather's bad so stay safe. Another soompier's going tonight.. CLIO!!! have fun ladies! :)

Guest GD_is_Luv

oh, just looking at pic of the concert made me die inside. argh. i wish i was closer to korea so that i could go to the show. the boys are looking more and more refined.

the technical glitch are just minor things. 

their performances has become more top notch this year.

they've improved a lot!!

and oh my, daesung is sizzling!! gd's looking cute as ever!

i can't wait for big bang concert in my country this june. hehe~~

Guest LaeLa_is_DeAd

I'm always lost for words that's why I don't post much. But, this concert is BEYOND AMAZING.

And all I can do is wish I was there. Oh yes, one of these days Bigbang. :D

Guest shinhdeplol

Big Bang’s Seungri was tricked by a night club manager

Big Bang’s Seungri will be a guest on the February 28th episode of SBS’s “Night After Night, Idol’s Legend.” During this episode, the idol revealed a time when he was tricked by a night club manager.

Seungri confessed, “Before my solo promotions for “Strong Baby“, I secretly went to a night club without my agency knowing, and the club manager tricked me. I wanted to go to the night club to increase my masculinity, and I only went because I believed the manager when he said that he would keep my visit out of the public’s eye. However, in order to increase sales, he purposefully publicized my visit ahead of time.”

He added, “And of all places, an acquaintance of my boss’, Yang Hyun Suk, happened to be there, so I ended up getting caught.”

To this story, Seungri added a moral, “Hoobaes (juniors), don’t believe the night club managers!”,causing much laughter in the studio.

Source: Osen via Nate

Taken from: Allkpop

LOL I wonder what happened after he got caught by YG :P

Guest adorkiable

I've been reading the past two pages..May someone please clarify what's going on with BB's album sales and why was it relevant to compare it to GDTOP's album sales?

Also, what time does BB special comeback air in Korean time? Or in USA Pacific Time?

Thank You.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember someone mentioned about Big Bang experimenting new genre and instead of sticking to the same type of song like "Lies". One of the reason why I am still a fan despite a 2 year hiatus is that Big Bang is always trying out new things and doesn't generally follow the mainstream of Kpop. I appreciate that they're not sticking to one type of genre because they got famous for it. Honestly, that would be boring and I will hate it. This is why I hardly listen to other Kpop artists b/c their music is the same and I am sick of hearing the repetitive beat. Furthermore, another reason why I am still a fan is the deep and emotion stirring lyrics they write. I mean, whenever I read the translation, I am in shock (in a good way) at how poetic and beautiful it is. Even I can't write like that. I think regardless of how much people miss the old Big Bang b/c of their hip-hop root, we should just remember one thing:

B.I.G. B.A.N.G. T.H.E. B.E.S.T. <3<3

Archived