★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest sweetflower

I'm going to wait til Monday when kVIPs hopefully will call Hanteo and see what's the problem is/was.  Not to be an elitist, but I highly doubt BB only sold that much albums...it's too ridiculous for me to believe it.  I generally don't care for rankings or numbers, but with this comeback I have to care because while I never doubt that BB is losing their popularity or losing their golden touch, but I want haters and doubters to seriously 'eat their words'.  And while I don't fully trust Hanteo, unfortunately Hanteo is the only 'reliable' source in Korea on physical album counts - so I want the correct numbers to be reflected.  

Once again, I'm calling BS on the numbers Hanteo posted, so I'm putting my faith on kVIPs to call them on Monday to see what's going on - if ELFs and Hottests can do it, VIPs certainly can too.

@kimmiemai - I'm also concern about the longevity of the digital sales too.  Hopefully, when BB start promoting their title song on music shows, the numbers will be more stabilize.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest doublehh03

Comparing to JYJ and 2PM isn't the best idea actually. JYJ sold around 100k+ last year. On the other hand 2PM had history/rumor of JYP buying their CD. Either way, both 2PM mini album combined last year barely made 100k. Big Bang is expected higher sale.

The low Hanteo sale could be the effect of YG took preorder on e-store way before physical release. Whether people prefer buying online or walk to nearby store to grab a copy is another thing.

My concern is actually the longevity of the digital sale. The ranks looked awesome, but I was checking on Melon's top 3 real time graph. It's not high as I expected for a new song :( ->> http://img64.imageshack.us/i/melonv.png/

Regardless, can't wait for their comeback. Totally love 'Cafe' <3

i'm not comparing them. i read somewhere that both of those artists had problems with hanteo recording their sales, their fans called them and had it fixed. that is all.

tonight has been #1 since it's release. i don't know why you are worried. the other songs will tend to go down b/c they're not promoted but cafe and what is right are still on melo top 5 i believe.

and they haven't even performed the songs on their comeback stages yet or its video released. usually most people will like the song even more after seeing live performances or the video. i'm sure tonight will dominate digitally like their previous title hits.

Guest juang_bb

anyway, enough of the worries...

i dont think its been posted here yet but i heard that DAESUNG will be the lead in the TONIGHT MV. they're talking about some kiss or intimate scene or something.

article link: http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=G1102270040

translation pls?!? :D

its about time DAESUNG gets a lot of spotlight. i love how he's been shining so much this promos, since he's been the least visible this past year.

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

YAY! So I'm not the only one noticing! I seriously hope Hanteo get their things together next week!

I'm really doubting that they only sale that much too b/c people were saying that some of the stores ran out of the copies. If they did, how can their record sales # is so low?! Anyhow, I'll wait for KVIPs to call them next week cuz Hanteo is like the only source that people think is "reliable" for album sales and stuff...<___>

Guest sakime-yong

About the fan accout.

Oh well but that is so obvious that mostly VIP's were too emotional because we have wainted for 2 years. And to get to see your idol and being emotionally like that is just a typical reaction for a fan= mixed emotions and.And plus BB is what were talking about.

WEll I knida wish that Im in the place of her >,<. Because Im so jelous and will not complain because always there are no perfect scene and nevertheless its not BB's fault.

Anyway Im sorry Im not trying to bash her But I find some of her comments not that good and hard to spell LOL.

okay piece! :)

And bout the fancams. I will forever love BB and be faithful and LOYAL TO THEM

Esp KWON LEADAH!

Guest juang_bb

^^im loving this "fastfood" concept pics they have for BigShow. it looks so fun. this should have been part of the concept pics released before! :D

Guest bravo_my_life

The Big Bang that the general Korean public fell in love with is not the one who did more hip hop, it's the Lies/Haru-haru Big Bang that the Korean public fell in love with. And Lies nor Haru Haru are "more hip hop".  Actually, Always minialbum was slammed by the more 'purist' fans to be a total disappointment as the 'hiphop feel' was not that prominent anymore. But look where the change brought them? Song of the Year award in 2007.

Pure-ish Hip-Hop Big Bang was the one that the Korean critics predicted to fail and disband after a year, actually.

And the GDTOP album wasn't even hip hop as in hip hop.

Say what you want but I know for a FACT that a lot of people miss the old Big Bang before haru haru lies stuff came out. GTOP is still doing better.

i dont mean to argue and i hope this wont start some heated stuff here but i dont think so. Its too early to say GTOP sales are doing better, its only been 2 days since official release of the album and based on the digital charts so far, BIGBANG overall is doing a LOT better than GTOP did.

its too early to be really worried about the album sales and such, we'll have to give them at least a week to see if its something we really should be worried about or not. GTOP's first 2 day sales are "unusually" higher that's why even kfans were surprised. GTOP sold 30k+ in 4 days, BB's already at 26k+ in 3 days (including the pre-release day), so its pretty much even. i dont even know why we're comparing their sales... its BIGBANG.

all im saying is, hopefully we can avoid saying stuff prematurely. its too early in the game. the boys havent even made their comeback stage yet. i know we just care and we worry too much, but please dont forget to enjoy it... god knows when they'll be back again when this is all over.

edit: @doublehh03 GTOP sold 43k in the 1st week. 46k in 9 days by the end of December.

Somebody else said it did better I was going off of what they previously said. I think its because it was more hip hop oriented.

Guest doublehh03

Say what you want but I know for a FACT that a lot of people miss the old Big Bang before haru haru lies stuff came out. GTOP is still doing better.

Somebody else said it did better I was going off of what they previously said. I think its because it was more hip hop oriented.

if you want to be technical, gd/top sold 27k in 2 days + early release. big bang album sold 26k in 2 days + early release. and in a week (if they don't count the missed sales), i'm sure big bang will sell more in a week.

but that's not the point.

i don't know where you get it for a FACT that they missed the old music. big bang started to sell more b/c of lies. their first few songs sold like 40k. then lies took them to 100-200k level. maybe the "hardcore" big bang fans who liked them originally wanted those music. but the MAJORITY fell in love w/ big bang b/c of lies. i know i did.

Although Big Bang debuted as a "hip hop" group, and GD and TOP have serious flow, I don't think that Big bang is recognised for their hip hop genre. they became famous and pretty much introduced electro pop fused with other elements, with songs such as lies, last farewell and haru haru. Seriously, people used to criticise and say that big bang lost their origin but i just think they've developed from that into something that is more suited for them as a group. GD and TOP may be hip hop orientated but Seung Ri and Daesung definitely aren't. they have found a genre that fits themselves and if anything, I think the korean masses find their new sounds more appealing that hip hop which can have a very narrow market.

That's my opinion.

I don't know, didn't the same thing happen with gdtop and seung ri's albums on hanteo? They were in first place for weeks on another chart. It's so inconsistent, I don't know what to believe.

Guest bravo_my_life

if you want to be technical, gd/top sold 27k in 2 days + early release. big bang album sold 26k in 2 days + early release. and in a week (if they don't count the missed sales), i'm sure big bang will sell more in a week.

but that's not the point.

i don't know where you get it for a FACT that they missed the old music. big bang started to sell more b/c of lies. their first few songs sold like 40k. then lies took them to 100-200k level. maybe the "hardcore" big bang fans who liked them originally wanted those music. but the MAJORITY fell in love w/ big bang b/c of lies. i know i did.

We can just agree to disagree. I loved them since 06 seems like you just came when they got popular.

Guest thegreatbigbang

It's such a long time since I write anything here. I've been busy these days and don't have time to write review until today, so there it is. Don't know if anyone write it yet, I'm still at page 1646 of this thread >_<

1/ Intro – Thank you & You

BB was famous for their intro since day 1, I always want them to make it a whole song but since it’s an intro, so …. For me, the intro of BB’s song is always the best song in the whole album, and they don’t disappoint me this time. The song was like “I’m fine, thank you and you” and TOP’s voice was blowing me away. OMG, why don’t I realize it sooner, I’ve never really had a thing for TOP but since Turn it up, I was like “yeah, that’s my man right thurrrr, the one and only badass in the world who C-walks in a tuxedo”.

I think there’re 2 messages in this song, one for VIP (the 1st you) and the other one is for the H-A-T-E-R-S (the 2nd you). You know, before BB’s comeback, there’re haters out there who were like “their relationship is not good so they can’t come back”, or “YG’s gonna make them disband soon”. I mean WTF is that, seriously ? It’s not like they stop producing songs, they still work their richard simmons off in Japan and also for their solo albums in Korea in case you don’t know, pinkberry. I’ve never seen a group from YG disband after many years working together, either they don’t appear on stage or just stay in the company as a producer, Idk about 1Tym’s case though, but it’s another story.

So back to the song, you can see that TY’s part explains it all “every one of us get back to the original point”, it means their hiphop root, from that part to “y’all know what this is” is for VIPs, then he goes “now I do not hurt my mouth by saying the words, you just need to watch my fingertips”. There isn’t a song that points straight to haters from BB like this as long as I can remember. And …. yeah, I like that.

SR singing the chorus reminds of the time when he said “anti-fan is still fan”, awww, freaking love how he sings “yeah we’ll be there”, it’s soft and also like a confirmation. Dae is so heart-warming, “I welcome you with my all” and “plz welcome now”, he said “plz” people so watch ur mouths. That’s so Daesung, his thank is calm, SR is more like “I’m still fine but if you pay more attention to me, then you’ll see me where I should be.”

G-TOP end the song nicely with the chorus, their thanks is like an “in your face” to all the haters. I want to know how TY’s thank was. Love how GD goes “ah ohh”. It’s like boo you haters !!

2/ Tonight

“Tonight” is about getting to see BB back on stage after a long time. This song is a statement claiming that BB comes back tonight, but it seems like their some fans turn their back on them. “When did we start losing the spark between us, I’m not hanging myself over such a love”. I think TOP means some VIPs cannot wait for their comeback and switch their interest to another group, but he decides to let them go, like he & Tae already said in an interview “we can’t do anything, if you want to leave us and run to your new group, just go”. Tae’s part starts a new beginning. He’s searching for the moonlight which I translate it to the SPOTLIGHT, the spotlight shines all 5 of them, he doesn’t know when it will end, he doesn’t know how long he can exist on stage with his crew when VIPs don’t need him any more. There he goes “I still don’t understand love, pitifully once again, tonight”. He’s all alone by himself.

SR adds more to the point “I’m scared that these stars will hurt me”. Idk how to translate “stars” here. I don’t think it’s new idol groups because they seriously don’t stand a chance with BB. “I miss the moment when I first met you”, he miss the time they debut, he’s sorry it turns out to be this way, yeah, VIPs run away from him but he still loves them.

In the end, Tae & Dae decides to shake it off, as the word “goodbye” is fading in their minds, now even their memories are fading.

Guest doublehh03

We can just agree to disagree. I loved them since 06 seems like you just came when they got popular.

i actually didn't get into kpop till last year. i found their song lies on youtube and said wow, this group got some mad talent. so no, i didn't even know much about them before i encountered that song on youtube. i was actually against kpop but big bang's talent and ability to make REAL music that appeals to everybody is why i joined in the movement.

it's a usual thing that they have technical problem & it's a bit unorganized @ some part

during the 1st day concert. It was the first time for everyone..staff,the boys & etc

so it's understandable.but it's really not a big deal at all.

the same thing happened during GD's 1st day concert.

& on the 2nd day (yesterday) everything was perfect.

Guest bravo_my_life

i actually didn't get into kpop till last year. i found their song lies on youtube and said wow, this group got some mad talent. so no, i didn't even know much about them before i encountered that song on youtube. i was actually against kpop but big bang's talent and ability to make REAL music that appeals to everybody is why i joined in the movement.

If you were against kpop at that time. What were you into? Theres lots of real music out there thats korean. Lots of great underground stuff. Top was doing underground stuff when BB first got started. 

they're doing great here in Korea

so everything will be fine

maybe there is some problem with hanteo like what kvips believe

bc wherever i pass by music store,everyone is holding bigbang CD & poster

& BB/GD&TOP/Seungri songs are played everywhere

& you barely can't hear other groups songs being played

so less argument is good for everyone & enjoy their comeback

bc I really want to more performances of the new songs

they're so addicting i was like I want more everytime the performance ended

people still love & remember them & no they're not forgotten at all :]

Guest thegreatbigbang

3/ Cafe

I was really angry about this song. It’s like Tae & SR were never there. Why YG let SR sing only 1 line ? It’s more like another version of G-TOP’s Baby good night, but faster. It’s G-TOP written all over the song. I’m sr to say that I’m a little tired of GD’s nasal voice, it’s OK when he raps but not for his singing, and it’s since Heartbreaker’s days til now. C’on, I know you can do better than that BB, since Tae said “there’re differences between now and before”. Idk, I just don’t want GD sings the chorus in nasal voice when it’s supposed to be Tae & Dae’s parts, he can do it in his next solo album but this is BB, so plz don’t, and YG already said this album has no solo song, but why make it looks like G-TOP outshines the rest of them ?

Well, look at the bright side, I like how they describe the scene and the girl. It’s more like a girl “you can look but don’t touch” than a girl who you miserably have a crush on. You like her but you stop right there, you can’t go further because she’s so pure and strong. The song is like a feeling of tasting a cup of coffee in the morning, the girl is the coffee’s scent, you smell it, drink it, it comes down to your throat then you can “feel” the rest of the scent in your throat, and you have to take it slow to fully enjoy it.

I like how Dae starts his part, it’s a little jazz right ? Idk much about jazz >_< Oh and his ablibs at the end, Dae is sure never disappointes me.

4/ What is right

I love this song the most since the first time hear it, the background music sounds really calm when the song is about a couple fighting over their problem.

Dae’s voice is so good, his part tells the girl to close her eyes and kiss him but his voice is like “take it or leave it, I don’t care how it will turn out”, because “I’m trying my best but it doesn’t get any better”. He gets his point straight when G-TOP, Tae & SR seem like wanting the girl to get back to them, but in the end they realize it’s no use and such a waste of time.

“Love doesn’t change, people do”.

-----------------

Somebody to love & Hands up’s Korean versions sound really weird, their singing and rapping is not as strong as the Japanese ones.

This album is not a disappointment, or neither a breath-taking one. Because it’s supposed to be a full length album then it was shortened, let alone there’re 2 songs from old albums. But the good thing is BB keeps their promise of moving on from their electro/house music. I love how they state their stand on “Tonight” about VIPs. Well, that’s how I translate it, Idk know about you guys, share yours ^^

Archived